PDA

View Full Version : Montana St. vs EWU - Elimination Game

griz37
November 6th, 2005, 01:59 PM
The Cats & Eagles play Saturday in Cheyney with the loser out of the playoff picture. Are there any other games on Saturday where the loser is done?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 6th, 2005, 02:06 PM
LoL

Who needs stupid IA and their boring Bowl Championship series for excitement when you have this nebulous playoff race!!!

I imagine the A10 and Gateway probably have one of these kinds of games.

DaGriz
November 6th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I thought the Cats could split the next two games and still get an at large? Eagles are out if they lose but I think the Cats would still be okay.

Ronbo
November 6th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I thought the Cats could split the next two games and still get an at large? Eagles are out if they lose but I think the Cats would still be okay.

Nope I think you are wrong. MSU loses to EWU and they are 6-4, even if they beat the Griz they are 7-4 and EWU wins the auto bid. At 7-4 they are out. 1995 is the last time a BSC team (Idaho) with 4 losses got an at large bid and they had (2) 1A losses.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I might take some flack for saying this but i think the WCU-App State game is an elimination game. If App State goes 8-3 they deserve to be in the playoffs and a seed IMHO. However at 7-4 they don't. The reason is, i believe by scheduling games against Kansas and LSU the schools administration basically said $$ is more important than W's.

Hansel
November 6th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Y'town, WKU, both with three losses, loser is toast

barechestcat
November 6th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Nope I think you are wrong. MSU loses to EWU and they are 6-4, even if they beat the Griz they are 7-4 and EWU wins the auto bid. At 7-4 they are out. 1995 is the last time a BSC team (Idaho) with 4 losses got an at large bid and they had (2) 1A losses.

Actually, we will still be in consideration. The loss against OK State doesn't count so we'll have a 7-3 record.

ngineer
November 6th, 2005, 06:04 PM
In the PL, a loss by any of the following will toast their chances: Lehigh, Lafayette, Holy Cross & Colgate. Lehigh and Colgate will be heavy favorites this weekend, but Lafayette plays at Holy Cross and that should be a good one. I'd favor the Leopards, but HC at home--and their last home game of the year--swan song for Silva--could be enough of an adrenaline rush to make the difference. Go Crusaders!

Hansel
November 6th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Actually, we will still be in consideration. The loss against OK State doesn't count so we'll have a 7-3 record.
Uhhhh yeah it does, 7-4 MSU is most likely sitting at home come playoff time

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Uhhhh yeah it does, 7-4 MSU is most likely sitting at home come playoff time

Yup it counts. That's why i don't see the point in playing a game against an Ok State, LSU, Kansas or Pitt. At the end of the day many of these AD's are trading chances to compete for a national title for a paycheck and moral victory. If App State losses to WCU and doesn't make it at 7-4 their fans have no room to complain to the selection committee. Instead they should be screaming at their AD for putting themselves in that position to begin with. Although some new computers and new books in the library from the LSU game might soften the blow a little :o . BTW, i think App State wins out and finishes 8-3.

lugo02
November 6th, 2005, 06:28 PM

A Loss is a loss.
If a I-A loss does not count then why not schedule 3 OOC games against I-A opponents next year and when you lose all 3 I-A games plus 2 more loses in I-AA games tell the committee that you are only have 2 loses because the 3 I-A loses does not count.

If the I-A loses do not count, where are your 7 D-I wins? In the event that you win 1 of 3 I-A games you'll be 7-4, but if the I-A loses does not count then the I-A win cannot count either so you'll still be 6-2. So where are you 7 wins?

But lets say you win all 3 I-A games and lose 2 I-AA games, you can't count the I-A's wins because according to you I-A games does not count, so you will still be 6-2. Where are your 7 wins?

get my point

Hansel
November 6th, 2005, 06:31 PM
you had me after the first sentence, then you lost me :p

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2005, 07:53 PM

LOL!!! That's the funniest thing I've read on this board in two weeks!

catbob
November 7th, 2005, 01:04 AM
It still counts, but it isn't supposed to mean as much. 7 DI wins is all that is supposed to matter this year. I think a 7-4 Cat team with a loss to a IA deserves to be in over an 8-3 team with a win over a DII/III team or two.