PDA

View Full Version : Who's the most disappointing

ChickenMan
October 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Which FCS team has been the most disappointing so far in '08?

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I'm going with NDSU. Surprised that they are in the position they're in right now.

Delaware, to me, is not that much of a disappointment because I think that we all knew it would come down to the new QB. There was speculation that he would be good, but it was still a question mark. Once it was apparent that he wasn't working out, you knew UD had an uphill climb. If they are not really good next year, they will be a big disappointment, IMO.

94Terrier
October 16th, 2008, 12:42 PM
The Hens, by far. Such a promising start, then, to he!! in a handbasket

dgreco
October 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
ndsu

Mandan_Herd_Fan
October 16th, 2008, 12:51 PM
As a NDSU fan I can't tell if they're under achieving or they're just not that good.

Seawolf97
October 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Yuongstown St. Their decline has been both sudden and it sounds like defections from the team could lead to long term problems. They went from power house to doghouse very quicklyxeekx

OL FU
October 16th, 2008, 01:07 PM
EWU, I didn't expect anything from YSU this year (maybe not this bad but I didn't expect anything). I expected UD to be down probably lower top 25 or on the margins. NDSU was kind of an unknown to me, but I heard enough doubt that I thought they might be mid to low top 25. All I heard from EWU was the will be better than last year and so far that ain't the case. Since they are the only one that I thought would move up the pecking order, they get my vote.

appfan2008
October 16th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I went with EWU... I really thought they had a top 10 team but they have not played well and appear to be the 4th best team in their conference...

similar with ndsu... I had them in the top 5 and they have lost some bad games...

UD... no surprise that they arent as good as last year but dang they fell apart...

YSU... I didnt think they would be bad but I sure didnt think they would be good... Their quarterback situation is both laughable and sad

Ronbo
October 16th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I'm looking for EWU to gel soon. New coach always affects the team for a time. The players are there, they just need to adjust to the new coaching staff. I could see them going 4-1 the rest of the way and ending up 6-5. Remember 3 of EWU's 4 losses are Montana, Texas Tech, and Colorado.

I'm thinking the same for NDSU. A slow start and a fast finish.

ASUG8
October 16th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I picked NDSU - I guess I was beginning to buy into some of the pre-season smack prognostications.

UD - rebuilding - they'll be back
Same with EWU - they had a great team last year, and I really thought they'd play Montana closer.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2008, 01:19 PM
It is tie for me, I thought both EWU and NDSU would have some losses but not this many. Both teams have played below their talent level IMO.

As for the other two...UD lost a few great players and YSU I didn't have huge expectations for, in fact I was really unsure if they deserved the high ranking I gave them in the preseason before the season started.

OL FU
October 16th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I'm looking for EWU to gel soon. New coach always affects the team for a time. The players are there, they just need to adjust to the new coaching staff. I could see them going 4-1 the rest of the way and ending up 6-5. Remember 3 of EWU's 4 losses are Montana, Texas Tech, and Colorado.

I'm thinking the same for NDSU. A slow start and a fast finish.

The other loss is they one that convinced mexnodx

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I was thinking an 8-3 record for NDSU would be a good season, not that many plays off from 7-4 or 6-5. Indiana St is the only sure win left.

BDKJMU
October 16th, 2008, 01:26 PM

I know UD fans feel it is UD, because with decent QB play it looks like UD would be 4-2, but I thought UD would be 3-3 at this point. The one I didn't see them losing (like everyone else) was @ home to Maine.

BDKJMU
October 16th, 2008, 01:28 PM

I know UD fans feel it is UD, because with decent QB play it looks like UD would be 4-2, but I thought UD would be 3-3 at this point. The one I didn't see them losing (like everyone else) was @ home to Maine.

So voted YSU. I was hoping JMU could get them in the playoffs for revenge game #5:
UMass being revenge game #1- JMU lost 10-7 last time they had played in 05'
ASU being revenge game #2
UR being revenge game #3
UD being revenge game #4

gmoney55
October 16th, 2008, 01:56 PM
EWU, I didn't expect anything from YSU this year (maybe not this bad but I didn't expect anything). I expected UD to be down probably lower top 25 or on the margins. NDSU was kind of an unknown to me, but I heard enough doubt that I thought they might be mid to low top 25. All I heard from EWU was the will be better than last year and so far that ain't the case. Since they are the only one that I thought would move up the pecking order, they get my vote.

Agreed....Delaware had their big year last year, YSU was in 2006, and NDSU was better in 06 and 07. I really thought this was going to be the big breakthrough year for EWU to go deep in the playoffs.

mvemjsunpx
October 16th, 2008, 06:07 PM
You should have put Fordham in the poll. They were supposed to repeat as Patriot League champs but are now 0-2 in conference play (2-3 overall).

Bearkat-Backer
October 16th, 2008, 06:10 PM
NDSU!

Proud Griz Man
October 16th, 2008, 11:18 PM
You have got to consider Montana the most disappointing. Hell, we have lost (important recent-history) games to all four of those teams listed.

Sincerely, Wolfman v2.0

and just to make you blue chickens feel better: 49-48.

Hoseinexile07
October 17th, 2008, 07:20 AM
None of the above

From my perspective, Presbyterian is the most disappointing. xnonono2x

jus10asu
October 17th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I had to go with NDSU...all that talk about how they were gonna rock the FCS world and then this? Delaware will be back, they lost some key players from last year.

skinny_uncle
October 17th, 2008, 07:46 AM
YSU
They were supposed to be a contender for the Valley title, but seem to be going through a complete meltdown.

igo4uni
October 17th, 2008, 08:00 AM
YSU
They have such a great tradition, it's sad (kind of) to see a team fall that fast.

ysubigred
October 17th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I'm not getting why NDSU is even listed in this poll xeyebrowx They just had a head coach change right xconfusedx

Last time I checked head coaching change + a new year ='s a down year most of the time xrulesx

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 17th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I'm not getting why NDSU is even listed in this poll xeyebrowx They just had a head coach change right xconfusedx

Last time I checked head coaching change + a new year ='s a down year most of the time xrulesx

Unless your Richmond.

89Hen
October 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM
EWU is so disappointing they can't even make the top 3 in this poll. xsmiley_wix

Ronbo
October 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM

No, that's Eastern Washington. Their old Coach Wulff went to Washington State and is leading them to the worst season they have ever had.

BisonBacker
October 17th, 2008, 09:28 AM

No our head coach has been the same for many years now back to 2002 I beleive. We have lost several assistants but thats still no excuse. I had to go with NDSU xbawlingx no excuse for how crappy we are playing right now.

WrenFGun
October 17th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I voted NDSU. I anticipated that EWU and UD would be in trouble because of brutal schedules. NDSU has been an enormous disappointment, though their fanbase has seemingly dealt with it fairly well.

BlueHen86
October 17th, 2008, 09:50 AM
NDSU.

I expected UD to struggle this year and they have not disappointed me.

90BISON
October 17th, 2008, 09:59 AM
It was a toss up for me between us (NDSU) or YSU. Many of our fans in the preseason considered YSU/UNI/SIU the key games to win. Our problem is not lack of talent, it has been injuries/execution/lack of urgency, which is what makes it absolutely frustrating from a fan perspective. Every single game we have lost we easily had the chance to win in the end, and in every single case literally thrown the game away. We got away with that last year, we're not getting away with it this year.:(

MR. CHICKEN
October 17th, 2008, 12:45 PM
EASTERN WASHINGTON........AH HAD 'EM....NUMBER 2 ON MAH PRESEASON POLL...:o...BASED ON DERE PLAY AGIN' APPALACHIAN STATE IN DUH PLAYOFFS.....AN' WHIFF UH WELLFH O' SKILL...RETURNIN'...xconfusedx...EVERAH ONE KNEW DELAWARE'S SKED WAS...IMPOSSIBLE...........YSU & NDSU'S LAND MINE CONFERENCE/OOC FBS TESTS....SHOULDAH NOT SURPRISED EITHER....xsmhx.......BRAWK!

unipanthers8907
October 17th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I say its a toss up between NDSU and EWU

Walkon79
October 17th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I say its a toss up between NDSU and EWU

It was for me too, but I voted EWU cause they had all their playmakers back and that massive O-line. NDSU lost a ton of starters from 2007.

BisonBacker
October 17th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Aww Crap this is one poll I wish we weren't ahead in xsmhx

aust42
October 17th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Homer Poll. Obviously I think Delaware is the most disappointing team. We have one of the best defenses we have ever had at Delaware. Our young O-line is good, Receivers and TE's are excellent, and we have a good tandem of RB's. With a decent QB this team could be undefeated or at most a one loss team. Shoenhoft has single handedly lost two games for Delaware and destroyed our chances of beating Maryland with a costly INT. His performance against Maine last week was atrocious in the 2nd half. KC Keelers Offense completely relies on the talent of the QB. We could have 10 All-Americans on Offense and it wouldn't matter with the current QB we have playing now.

Can ya tell I'm bitter?

skinny_uncle
October 17th, 2008, 09:37 PM
It was a toss up for me between us (NDSU) or YSU. Many of our fans in the preseason considered YSU/UNI/SIU the key games to win. Our problem is not lack of talent, it has been injuries/execution/lack of urgency, which is what makes it absolutely frustrating from a fan perspective. Every single game we have lost we easily had the chance to win in the end, and in every single case literally thrown the game away. We got away with that last year, we're not getting away with it this year.:(
Losing three games by a total of 16 points is kind of tough luck. It's not like you are getting blown off the field. You may be the victim of unrealistic expectations. Some fans thought you would blow right through the Valley. Welcome to reality.

DOME
October 17th, 2008, 10:38 PM
It is way tough for anyone to blow through the valley, I have to struggle to remember anyone thats done it :)

I voted for NDSU though, maybe cuz everyone I've talked to from up north was so excited for this season.

Mountain Panther
October 17th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Overall, NDSU, but I went with EWU because of the impressive showing at Colorado.