PDA

View Full Version : Who has lost their mind first: Matthews; Hager; or Yaeger?

Dane96
October 16th, 2008, 02:52 AM
I am not sure who is crazier: Matthews for basically calling out a league team and telling them to go back to Pop Warner; Hager for trying to peddle some shyte that everyone knows 'aint happenin-- there will be no additional seats at Parsons...and no new Stadium unless Menino and Kraft kiss and make-up; or Yaeger for believing whatever NU is selling.

NU HUSKY, Tilldog, and GeeWiz-- I expect some research by y'all at homecoming this weekend!

Check out these posts from this article on the CAA issues:

"I can't believe they're in the league," JMU coach Mickey Matthews said. "I can't believe we let them in the league and I can't believe they're still in the league. When you go up there and play, it's so poor."

Both Hager and Yeager said plans are in place to improve the situation at Northeastern, though neither would elaborate.

"We're working on some things that I'm not yet privileged to share with you," Hager said. "But there are going to be some adjustments forthcoming here at Northeastern and I think the league will be pretty excited about it."

ASU
October 16th, 2008, 05:24 AM
I am not sure who is crazier: Matthews for basically calling out a league team and telling them to go back to Pop Warner; Hager for trying to peddle some shyte that everyone knows 'aint happenin-- there will be no additional seats at Parsons...and no new Stadium unless Menino and Kraft kiss and make-up; or Yaeger for believing whatever NU is selling.

NU HUSKY, Tilldog, and GeeWiz-- I expect some research by y'all at homecoming this weekend!

"I can't believe they're in the league," JMU coach Mickey Matthews said. "I can't believe we let them in the league and I can't believe they're still in the league. When you go up there and play, it's so poor."

Both Hager and Yeager said plans are in place to improve the situation at Northeastern, though neither would elaborate.

"We're working on some things that I'm not yet privileged to share with you," Hager said. "But there are going to be some adjustments forthcoming here at Northeastern and I think the league will be pretty excited about it."

WHAT ARTICLE......I DO NOT SEE AN ARTICLE......DO YOU HAVE A LINK?

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 16th, 2008, 06:55 AM
WHAT ARTICLE......I DO NOT SEE AN ARTICLE......DO YOU HAVE A LINK?

http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=32335&CHID=3&sub=

OL FU
October 16th, 2008, 07:01 AM
So Mickey was talking about Northeasternxeyebrowx

I didn' have a problem with his slap against the SoCon. Mickey being Mickey. and while NE's facilities may be awful, that comment against a conference foe is simply out of linexnodx

Jackman
October 16th, 2008, 07:18 AM
JMU didn't let anybody in. We let JMU in at the same time we let Northeastern in. I can't believe we let these guys in and they're going to kick us out of our own conference.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 16th, 2008, 07:23 AM
JMU didn't let anybody in. We let JMU in at the same time we let Northeastern in. I can't believe we let these guys in and they're going to kick us out of our own conference.

Read the article. Seems as though nobody is going anywhere and they have every intention of making ODU and Ga.St. work with the existing conference members.

JMU2004
October 16th, 2008, 07:24 AM

I believe he is talking about NE being admitted to the CAA 2 years ago.

In regards to the facilities, he is right. NE has D3 facillities for everything except hockey. Now they play b-ball in that damn hockey arena too....

UAalum72
October 16th, 2008, 07:25 AM
"Yeager said the league is committed to keeping all current schools in the fold" so he isn't planning for any realignment - in public, at least.

BDKJMU
October 16th, 2008, 11:44 AM

You're own conferencexconfusedx JMU and NE are CAA in all sports. UMass is CAA football only.

Jackman
October 16th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Well that poses an interesting question: does the CAA treat this as a new conference with only a 1.5 year history, or a continuation of the old conference? If the former, does that make Tim Hightower the greatest running back in conference history? I thought checking the Conference Records on the CAA site would shed some light on that, but it's a broken link. I think when the A10 had it we kept the old records. The only reason they had the conference in the first place was the NCAA took away the YanCon's voting rights. The only reason the CAA has it is because of Northeastern, who turn around and almost immediately disband their football program. Can't believe they let them in.

mainejeff
October 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Gotta love the honesty of Cosgrove......at least he tells it like it is. I actually did like his positive attitude about the CAA and striving to make improvements and keep the Maine program competitive. xthumbsupx

GeeWiz
October 16th, 2008, 01:10 PM

I didn' have a problem with his slap against the SoCon. Mickey being Mickey. and while NE's facilities may be awful, that comment against a conference foe is simply out of linexnodx

Yes it is. There's no need for it.

JMU DUUUKES
October 16th, 2008, 01:33 PM
If you guys are criticizing Mickey, then you don't know how bad the facilities really are. We had our halftime under the bleachers .... i mean come on, there's like popcorn and soda falling on our players during halftime, haha

henfan
October 16th, 2008, 01:58 PM
IMO, Matthews was clearly referring to NU's football facilities.

The fact that the CAA's Court Jester is blissfully unaware of NU's core league membership and that his own team entered the league with NU apparently didn't stop him from making a fool of himself yet again. Then again, maybe the Mick's just sore that NU, even with their facilities, have been his team's competitive equal during his tenure.

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 02:08 PM
IMO, Matthews was clearly referring to NU's football facilities.

The fact that the CAA's Court Jester is blissfully unaware of NU's core league membership and that his own team entered the league with NU apparently didn't stop him from making a fool of himself yet again. Then again, maybe the Mick's just sore that NU, even with their facilities, have been his team's competitive equal during his tenure.

I think your right about his analysis. He was talking about football facilities and probably did not know when the football team was put in the conference.

But, I must've missed NU's national championship. xconfusedx

blur2005
October 16th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Then again, maybe the Mick's just sore that NU, even with their facilities, have been his team's competitive equal during his tenure.
We're comparing Northeastern and JMU during Matthews' tenure? Really? JMU has made the playoffs four times and has a national title in his nine seasons at the helm. Northeastern has made the playoffs zero times in that span.

I'm not one of the JMU people who absolutely loves Mickey to death but I don't know how you can make a comparison between JMU and Northeastern's success over the last nine seasons.

Mickey has a legitimate complaint about the Huskies' football facilities, though I do think it was wrong of him to say what he did about letting them in the league.

GeeWiz
October 16th, 2008, 02:32 PM
But, I must've missed NU's national championship. xconfusedx

Classy post. xnonono2x

Jackman
October 16th, 2008, 02:37 PM
We're comparing Northeastern and JMU during Matthews' tenure? Really? JMU has made the playoffs four times and has a national title in his nine seasons at the helm. Northeastern has made the playoffs zero times in that span.

Pretty sure that's not true. They made it at least once.

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Classy post. xnonono2x

First, that article has been discussed ad nauseum on two different threads (that I think have been combined now). EDIT: Article was removed.

Second, the point of my post was not to smack NU, but henfan had indicated that MM might be mad because NU had been as competitive as JMU with inferior facilities. Just trying to rebut that.

Also, I said in my "classy" post that MM didn't really look like he knew what he was talking about.

What do you want me to do? If it will make you happy for me to say that NU is as competitive as JMU in CAA football, I will say it. It doesn't make it true though.

Your barking up the wrong tree if you want to start something with me on this. I've already said I like NU in the conference and I like having all-sports members in the conference. I also said I disagreed with MM's comments. What else would you like?

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Pretty sure that's not true. They made it at least once.

I was thinking they had too, but too lazy to look it up. I'm sure GW will let us know.

OL FU
October 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Mickey has a legitimate complaint about the Huskies' football facilities, though I do think it was wrong of him to say what he did about letting them in the league.

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

There is a difference in discussing the negative aspects of one's facilities and saying you should never have let them in the conferencexrolleyesx

GannonFan
October 16th, 2008, 03:05 PM

Northeastern did make the playoffs in 2002 when they won the A-10 conference. xreadx

henfan
October 16th, 2008, 03:08 PM
JMU fan, put down the purple punch. Get a little perspective.

Matthews is getting paid to coach the JMU FB team. NU's membership in the CAA shouldn't be of any concern to him, certainly not to the point of making these sort of negative public comments. The guy continues to prove his reputation as a complete, utter bore.

For all of his recent success & bluster, Mick the Mouth doesn't own a winning record head-to-head against the team he thinks shouldn't even be in the conference. (Perhaps that's a reflection on his coaching ability?) The fact that NU manages to compete with schools like JMU, UD, UMass, etc., despite having subpar facilities, more than justifies why they are (still) in the conference. That's a concept so simple I'd expect even Mickey to understand it.

URMite
October 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM

Matthews is getting paid to coach the JMU FB team. NU's membership in the CAA shouldn't be of any concern to him, certainly not to the point of making these sort of negative public comments. The guy continues to prove his reputation as a complete, utter bore.

For all of his recent success & bluster, Mick the Mouth doesn't own a winning record head-to-head against the team he thinks shouldn't even be in the conference. (Perhaps that's a reflection on his coaching ability?) The fact that NU manages to compete with schools like JMU, UD, UMass, etc., despite having subpar facilities, more than justifies why they are (still) in the conference. That's a concept I'd even expect Mickey to understand.

Somehow I knew you had something specific in mind when you mentioned "competitiveness" earlier. xcoffeex

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 03:25 PM

For all of his recent success & bluster, Mick the Mouth doesn't own a winning record head-to-head against the team he thinks shouldn't even be in the conference. (Perhaps that's a reflection on his coaching ability?) The fact that NU manages to compete with schools like JMU, UD, UMass, etc., despite having subpar facilities, more than justifies why they are (still) in the conference. That's a concept so simple I'd expect even Mickey to understand it.

Hey, I said before, these comments are not cool, I hate that he says them and I don't think he should. But, I also think it's a little ridiculous for us all to dwell on them like it matters that much.

Speaking of perspective, do you really mean to imply that NU and JMU are "competitive equals" because of their head to head record? I think they've played 4 or 5 times in 9 years...xconfusedx

We've won the last two - 21-14 at their place last year and 52-14 in Harrisonburg in '06.

EDIT: After looking, we've played more than 4-5 times since everybody played everybody back in the day.

'99 29-21 JMU (Harrisonburg)
00 34-30 NU (Boston)
'01 24-17 NU (Harrisonburg)
'02 41-10 NU (Boston)
'03 41-24 NU (Harrisonburg)
'06 52-14 JMU (Harrisonburg)
'07 21-14 JMU (Boston)

MM is 3-4 against NU

GeeWiz
October 16th, 2008, 03:29 PM
First, that article has been discussed ad nauseum on two different threads (that I think have been combined now). EDIT: Article was removed.

Second, the point of my post was not to smack NU, but henfan had indicated that MM might be mad because NU had been as competitive as JMU with inferior facilities. Just trying to rebut that.

Also, I said in my "classy" post that MM didn't really look like he knew what he was talking about.

What do you want me to do? If it will make you happy for me to say that NU is as competitive as JMU in CAA football, I will say it. It doesn't make it true though.

Your barking up the wrong tree if you want to start something with me on this. I've already said I like NU in the conference and I like having all-sports members in the conference. I also said I disagreed with MM's comments. What else would you like?

I don't want you to do anything.

Despite the fact you keep on praising NU as a member you still take an unecessary dig with the "must have missed NU's championship" and it came off as "smack".

Yes, JMU won a title. Henfan's point was if you go and look at the head-to-head meetings between NU and JMU since becoming A-10/CAA members, there hasn't been much of a difference in W/L in spite of the facilities.

NU vs. James Madison (8-12)
10/20/84 9-6 W Road
11/01/86 2-15 L Home
11/14/87 3-13 L Road
10/15/88 13-29 L Home
10/06/90 0-21 L Road
11/23/91 10-27 L Home
10/03/92 34-35 L Road
11/06/93 21-52 L Home
11/19/94 9-6 W* Road
11/04/95 13-27 L Home
11/02/96 31-7 W Road
11/08/97 41-17 W Home
11/07/98 17-31 L Road
09/11/99 21-29 L Road
11/18/00 34-30 W Home
11/17/01 24-17 W Road
11/23/02 41-10 W Home
11/22/03 41-24 W Road
09/23/06 14-52 L Road
10/06/07 14-21 L Home

Mickey has been head coach at JMU since 1999 and is 3-4 vs. NU during that time despite our *****ty facilities.

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I don't want you to do anything.

Despite the fact you keep on praising NU as a member you still take an unecessary dig with the "must have missed NU's championship" and it came off as "smack".

Yes, JMU won a title. Henfan's point was if you go and look at the head-to-head meetings between NU and JMU since becoming A-10/CAA members, there hasn't been much of a difference in W/L in spite of the facilities.

NU vs. James Madison (8-12)
10/20/84 9-6 W Road
11/01/86 2-15 L Home
11/14/87 3-13 L Road
10/15/88 13-29 L Home
10/06/90 0-21 L Road
11/23/91 10-27 L Home
10/03/92 34-35 L Road
11/06/93 21-52 L Home
11/19/94 9-6 W* Road
11/04/95 13-27 L Home
11/02/96 31-7 W Road
11/08/97 41-17 W Home
11/07/98 17-31 L Road
09/11/99 21-29 L Road
11/18/00 34-30 W Home
11/17/01 24-17 W Road
11/23/02 41-10 W Home
11/22/03 41-24 W Road
09/23/06 14-52 L Road
10/06/07 14-21 L Home

Mickey has been head coach at JMU since 1999 and is 3-4 vs. NU during that time despite our *****ty facilities.

EDIT: It wasn't meant as smack, only trying to counter the competitive equals comment. I don't think NU has been a competitive equal in football lately. If that's smack then it is, but I doubt you see JMU as a competitive equal in other sports.

But, if henfan meant head to head, then he's right.
MM's got a losing record against NU. I will trade that for playoff appearances and a national champiopnship 10 out of 10 times.

His quote was "competitive equals." I see that as being broader than head to head.

GeeWiz
October 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
EDIT: It wasn't meant as smack, only trying to counter the competitive equals comment. I don't think NU has been a competitive equal in football lately. If that's smack then it is, but I doubt you see JMU as a competitive equal in other sports.

OK, but JMU struggled to beat NU last year.

JMU's facilities and financial support allow it to take the "competitve" talk to a different level than NU in terms of multiple playoff apps. and potential titles. That's no secret and easy to see.

However, NU, despite all of those disadvantages, can "compete" with JMU on the field of play and win games head-to-head.

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 03:54 PM
OK, but JMU struggled to beat NU last year.

JMU's facilities and financial support allow it to take the "competitve" talk to a different level than NU in terms of multiple playoff apps. and potential titles. That's no secret and easy to see.

However, NU, despite all of those disadvantages, can "compete" with JMU on the field of play and win games head-to-head.

You'll get no disagreement from me there. I think every game in the CAA is a difficult game. Again, I'm not trying to disparage NU, I hate seeing them on the schedule. I suppose I just misintepreted "competitive equal." For that, I apologize for causing the stir. xpeacex

Husky Alum
October 16th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Oh, and NU beat JMU at Crappy Parsons 41-10 to win the A-10 Title (Along with Maine) in 2002.

It was a VERY cold, snowy, raw day.

Must have been the field that let JMU lay down at halftime of that one, huh Mick?

Last I checked NU was VOTED into the CAA.

If Mickey has a problem, he should talk to his President, not Tom Yeager.

South Carolina Duke
October 16th, 2008, 04:07 PM

You had a huge problem with the socon reference. It's well documented.

Mickey is a straight forward guy. When asked a question, he will give an answer.You know where he stands at all times. Unfortunately not everyone can handle that type of dialogue.

I remember Lou Holtz saying, as a commentator, "that NC State had the same layer of paint as was there when he coached".

However, how do you think Furman's facilites would rank as compared to those mentioned in the article?

henfan
October 16th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I didn't interject JMU's recent playoff success comparative to NU. Not sure why anyone cares to compare the two relative to this thread.
Let's not get sidetracked here or make this any more complicated than it has to be.

Core membership aside, Northeastern is in the CAA FB conference because:
1) they want to be
2) the conference wants them to be
3) they have competitive & institutional reasons to be there

There are schools all over the FCS, including JMU, with vastly superior facilities to NU and yet the Huskies manage to do well against those schools head-to-head. If there was an automatic correlation between the quality of a schools' facilities and competitive success, Matthews record against NU would be... well, vastly superior. That should answer all questions of why NU is in the conference as far as The Mouth should be concerned.

Few mind straight talk. It's straight talk that's short on common sense that makes us cringe.

GeeWiz
October 16th, 2008, 04:25 PM
You'll get no disagreement from me there. I think every game in the CAA is a difficult game. Again, I'm not trying to disparage NU, I hate seeing them on the schedule. I suppose I just misintepreted "competitive equal." For that, I apologize for causing the stir. xpeacex

No worries man. xpeacex

I'm typically a peaceful cat. I just hate NU getting attacked unfairly.

We're always an easy target ... Sometimes rightfully so. xoopsx

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I didn't interject JMU's recent playoff success comparative to NU. Not sure why anyone cares to compare the two relative to this thread.
Let's not get sidetracked here or make this any more complicated than it has to be.

Core membership aside, Northeastern is in the CAA FB conference because:
1) they want to be
2) the conference wants them to be
3) they have competitive & institutional reasons to be there

There are schools all over the FCS, including JMU, with vastly superior facilities to NU and yet the Huskies manage to do well against those schools head-to-head. If there was an automatic correlation between the quality of a schools' facilities and competitive success, Matthews record against NU would be... well, vastly superior. That should answer all questions of why NU is in the conference as far as The Mouth should be concerned.

Few mind straight talk. It's straight talk that's short on common sense that makes us cringe.

Already apologized for causing the stir. Misinterpreted "competitive equal." Backing out now (because I'm not trying to defend MM, only the Dukes). xpeacex

blur2005
October 16th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Northeastern did make the playoffs in 2002 when they won the A-10 conference. xreadx
Yeah, now that I double-check I see I was wrong about that; earlier, when I was checking out FCS Playoff history (http://www.fcspreview.com/history.html), I missed seeing "Furman 29, Northeastern 24" in the First Round of the 2002 playoffs. Sorry about that. But still, I think the comparison is poor.

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

There is a difference in discussing the negative aspects of one's facilities and saying you should never have let them in the conferencexrolleyesx
I think Mickey could've been critical of their facilities without saying Northeastern should have never been allowed to join the league...considering Northeastern and JMU came into the Yankee Conference at the same time, it was silly of him to say that. But we know Mickey shoots from the hip and therefore is wrong a fair amount of the time.

BDKJMU
October 16th, 2008, 07:41 PM

This is a stupid poll. None of them has lost their mind.

Tim James
October 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I can't knock Northeastern for their poor stadium because everyone who lives up here knows how difficult it is in Boston to get sports stadiums built. Every time that one does get built like the Agganis Arena or the TD Banknorth Garden, I saw "WOW, how did they get that thing built ?" I cant even remember the last time a football stadium complex of a decent size was built in Boston. I guess the last time was when Alumni Stadium at BC got renovated and even then there was tons of neighborhood opposition. I dont think that Bob Kraft is gonna get his 20,000 seat soccer complex built near the city any time soon.

GannonFan
October 16th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Yeah, now that I double-check I see I was wrong about that; earlier, when I was checking out FCS Playoff history (http://www.fcspreview.com/history.html), I missed seeing "Furman 29, Northeastern 24" in the First Round of the 2002 playoffs. Sorry about that. But still, I think the comparison is poor.

Might need to triple check - Northeastern lost to Fordham in the first round of the 2002 playoffs, not Furman. xpeacex

Jackman
October 16th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I dont think that Bob Kraft is gonna get his 20,000 seat soccer complex built near the city any time soon.
And that is bad news for Northeastern, because that's their best hope. Without it, I just don't see what they can do, other than move to a smaller conference. But moving downward always kills the program. I think the Patriot League is the only move NU could sell to their fans.

Husky Alum
October 16th, 2008, 10:18 PM
And that is bad news for Northeastern, because that's their best hope. Without it, I just don't see what they can do, other than move to a smaller conference. But moving downward always kills the program. I think the Patriot League is the only move NU could sell to their fans.

I've seen drawings of the Revs Stadium in Boston. NU would have THE nicest FCS facility east of the Mississippi if it ever got built. About 20,000 seats, built for soccer, but more than suitable for football.

Talk was that the stadium was going to be built in Sommerville (where Tufts is), but now with the economy going in the crapper, the locals in Roxbury (where the stadium would be built) - who had hoped to get a large mixed retail complex, may soon realize that no retailer is going to develop anything in the next few years, and an Revs stadium may not be a bad idea.

Dane96
October 16th, 2008, 10:43 PM
That would be great for NU...and for soccer.

blur2005
October 16th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Might need to triple check - Northeastern lost to Fordham in the first round of the 2002 playoffs, not Furman. xpeacex
God, I fail.

On another note, Fordham won a playoff game in this millennium?

mainejeff
October 16th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Let's face it.....Mickey Matthews HATES traveling North of the Mason/Dixon line. He is a Southerner through and through.....and a prick to boot. xthumbsupx

ccd494
October 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I've seen drawings of the Revs Stadium in Boston. NU would have THE nicest FCS facility east of the Mississippi if it ever got built. About 20,000 seats, built for soccer, but more than suitable for football.

Talk was that the stadium was going to be built in Sommerville (where Tufts is), but now with the economy going in the crapper, the locals in Roxbury (where the stadium would be built) - who had hoped to get a large mixed retail complex, may soon realize that no retailer is going to develop anything in the next few years, and an Revs stadium may not be a bad idea.

They gotta do something, the MLS is NOT happy that the Revs are still playing in Gillette. With eight teams bidding for two expansion slots, there is more demand out there for MLS teams than available franchises. New England could find itself moving to Montreal or whatever metro area is willing to build a 20,000 seater.

Priority #1 for the MLS right now is to get out of the football stadiums. A 20,000 seat stadium looks good on TV with the MLS sized crowds. A football stadium looks like a joke with only 10-15,000 in it.

URMite
October 17th, 2008, 11:14 AM

Either way FU is still FU....xlolx

BDKJMU
October 17th, 2008, 11:17 AM

Do you sit there and read the Harrisonburg Daily News Record every day (online edition) to come up with this stuff to see what MM said?

blur2005
October 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Do you sit there and read the Harrisonburg Daily News Record every day (online edition) to come up with this stuff to see what MM said?
The DNR is such a fantastic paper xrolleyesx - I'm surprised there aren't more people like DaneFan who read it every day around the world for great insights on sports and news.

mcveyrl
October 17th, 2008, 02:44 PM

Have they discussed how that would work for changing the turf? I would imagine that it would be FieldTurf that already has the soccer field dimensions on it. I would think that NU would be more than happy to foot the bill for a football FieldTurf in exchange for the stadium, though.

How is that going to work?

I agree that this would be great for NU.

danefan
October 17th, 2008, 03:06 PM
The DNR is such a fantastic paper xrolleyesx - I'm surprised there aren't more people like DaneFan who read it every day around the world for great insights on sports and news.

I think you mean Dane96........

But anyway, it was posted in a different thread.

Dane96
October 17th, 2008, 05:24 PM

You definitely win for "Homer Poster" of the year award. Seriously...say it slowly...it is ok: YOUR COACH SAYS STUPID THINGS AT TIMES.

Doesnt mean he cant coach...doesnt mean I wouldnt want him to coach.

Why do i have to read the paper everyday to analyze his clear words.

LUfilmguy
October 17th, 2008, 06:58 PM
They gotta do something, the MLS is NOT happy that the Revs are still playing in Gillette. With eight teams bidding for two expansion slots, there is more demand out there for MLS teams than available franchises. New England could find itself moving to Montreal or whatever metro area is willing to build a 20,000 seater.

Priority #1 for the MLS right now is to get out of the football stadiums. A 20,000 seat stadium looks good on TV with the MLS sized crowds. A football stadium looks like a joke with only 10-15,000 in it.

I just read an article about Arthur Blank (owner of the Atlanta falcons and founder of Home depot) wanting to bring an expansion MLS team in for Atlanta and there were talks about it being built near Kennesaw State University who is starting football in the next 4 or 5 years. I think this whole expansion thing with the MLS stadiums and Smaller college football teams is a great thing. I don't know the situation up in Boston but i know what you mean when you say it looks terrible for TV for the Revs to still play in Gillette.

BDKJMU
October 17th, 2008, 07:15 PM
You definitely win for "Homer Poster" of the year award. Seriously...say it slowly...it is ok: YOUR COACH SAYS STUPID THINGS AT TIMES.

Doesnt mean he cant coach...doesnt mean I wouldnt want him to coach.

Why do i have to read the paper everyday to analyze his clear words.

You'd have to read the paper every day seeing how his words are in the paper, unless you saw his weekly press conference/coaches show live or heard it on Madizone. That is unless you're clairvoyant or have esp.

Why do you care so much about what MM says? Its obvious you do, seeing as how you took the time to start a poll on him.

Dane96
October 17th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Why are you so riled up that people are calling him out?

Related?

BDKJMU
October 17th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Why are you so riled up that people are calling him out?

Related?

No, I think its comical that so many people on here (non JMU) care so much about what MM says and are getting so worked up about it.

Heck you started a poll with Matthews, Hager and Yeager, all CAA guys, nothing to do with the NEC. Why do you care?

Dane96
October 18th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Because I am an FCS fan.

Now go get your shinebox.