PDA

View Full Version : Championship Game Tickets

texcap
October 15th, 2008, 09:24 AM
This is a cross post from another board that I made this morning.

Ticket sales for the championship game in December went on sale at 9:00 am EDT this morning. I plan on attending no matter who plays. When I went to purchase my tickets at about 10 minutes after the sales began there were very few seats still available. I guess they may open more seats later if Chattanooga fans return tickets, but compared to last year this was amazing. Last year I was able to get tickets on the 45 on both sides of the stadium about three weeks after sales began. This year I was only able to get tickets in the second level, aboput the 30 yard line 10 minutes after sales began.

The website if you are interested in ordering online is: www.tickettracks.com

Appguy
October 15th, 2008, 09:33 AM
All I can see available is section 209 and 205. last year front row was available for weeks after it opened up

This site is horrible, when you go to choose the seats is shows lots of sections available and you click on them and it says this(no matter what section)

Sorry, there are not enough tickets for sale online to fulfill your request for the selected performance. Please select a different performance date, make a smaller ticket request, or click here to check availability across all performances.

If you are still unable to find tickets, please contact the box office for ticket availability.

I then tried to click on "Best available" but it then trys to get me to buy the second row of the upper deck in 205 or 209...yea right, I hope there's better than that

Appguy
October 15th, 2008, 09:47 AM
From what I can gather, they havent opened up too many tickets to it, at least not online, all the blue dots are the sold spots and the yellow are the open. the rest aren't available,I think.

FCS Go!
October 15th, 2008, 09:55 AM
The first time I tried I got a message saying orders were limited to two tickets. Ten minutes later I successfully bought four. Go figure.

Appguy
October 15th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Yes, the limit rose to 10 within the time I got onto the site

introvertedGSUfan
October 15th, 2008, 10:05 AM
From what I can gather, they havent opened up too many tickets to it, at least not online, all the blue dots are the sold spots and the yellow are the open. the rest aren't available,I think.

Do they open up fan/student/alumni tickets once it's known which two teams will be playing in the championship?

Appguy
October 15th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Do they open up fan/student/alumni tickets once it's known which two teams will be playing in the championship?
Yes, the schools request an amount dep on how many they think will come. for GSU im sure that would be a sizable amount.

introvertedGSUfan
October 15th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Yes, the schools request an amount dep on how many they think will come. for GSU im sure that would be a sizable amount.

Hah, awesome, although I doubt GSU will be at that game this year but you never know (I'm hoping something really special happens since this is my senior year). :D

appfan2008
October 15th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Hah, awesome, although I doubt GSU will be at that game this year but you never know (I'm hoping something really special happens since this is my senior year). :D

good luck... a speed bump in that path is coming to town on saturday...

ElonFirefighter
October 15th, 2008, 10:26 AM
good luck... a speed bump in that path is coming to town on saturday...

So what your saying is that App is only a small hump on a piece of assfault???:D :D I would of gone with "mountains are comming to town".xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx

AshevilleApp2
October 15th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Tickets are still available, but going fast. You're probably better off calling the UTC Ticket Office.

WUTNDITWAA
October 15th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Tickets are still available, but going fast. You're probably better off calling the UTC Ticket Office.

Gotta give them something to do, I guess. They sure as heck aren't selling any tickets for UTC games. xreadx

Appguy
October 15th, 2008, 11:53 AM

For the lower level?

Tickets for the upper deck aren't going anywhere, particularly on the north side.
The only seats that were getting bought up seemed to be the ones with the seat backs on the South side and the sections directly next to those

MountaineerMania54
October 15th, 2008, 11:57 AM
whats with them being $30 now? Last year they were $10 when they first went on sale

AshevilleApp2
October 15th, 2008, 11:58 AM
For the lower level?

Upper level. Twenty yard line.

alexale23
October 15th, 2008, 11:59 AM
i hope JMU plays app

what a great game that would be

AppIAA
October 15th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I just called the ticket office and its best available. I would have been in section 202, row 32 for 4 tickets. I would much rather wait, get general admission tickets, and stand in the plaza like last year for student ticket prices

AshevilleApp2
October 15th, 2008, 12:01 PM
i hope JMU plays app

what a great game that would be

I'd like that as well. Better than another trip to H'burg.

mcveyrl
October 15th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Gotta give them something to do, I guess. They sure as heck aren't selling any tickets for UTC games. xreadx

xlolx xlolx xlolx

It's a trap! You guys just bought tickets to the Samford game!

Appguy
October 15th, 2008, 12:06 PM
So whats the deal with the lower level? did they not go up for sale or did they sellout the allotment that quickly?
30 isn't worth it if its only upper. especially this far in advance we should be getting it a bit cheaper like last year when it was $20 and they opened up MUCH more seats including the lower deck(or at least the lasted weeks, not minutes)

AshevilleApp2
October 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM
So whats the deal with the lower level? did they not go up for sale or did they sellout the allotment that quickly?
30 isn't worth it if its only upper. especially this far in advance we should be getting it a bit cheaper like last year when it was $20 and they opened up MUCH more seats including the lower deck(or at least the lasted weeks, not minutes)

I'm afraid I don't have any answers. But I do have two tickets.

grayghost06
October 15th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Well the stadium only seats about 20,000. And they had requested allottments of 3000 to UD and 8000 to ASU last year. So it seems to me, they hold back at least half the seats to give to the respective schools.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 15th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Out of curiosity if the NC game trend continues (thank you App) and the stadium sells out will the NC game be moved to a different stadium or Chattanooga forced to expand the stadium? Especially given that they reduced the seating to seats only and no grass. Which is more likely to happen?

Appguy
October 15th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Out of curiosity if the NC game trend continues (thank you App) and the stadium sells out will the NC game be moved to a different stadium or Chattanooga forced to expand the stadium? Especially given that they reduced the seating to seats only and no grass. Which is more likely to happen?

You'd never see the expansion of a stadium for a single event. that would be expensive and make the stadium look even more empty for every other game/event. Id say you would be more likely to see a move of it. but if there aren't any teams in it that are within a 10 hour drive I don't think it will be an issue, which is a possible outcome.

T-Dog
October 15th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Section: 209 Row: 36 Seat: 20

I'm more-than-likely going no matter who's in it.

KiddBrewer
October 15th, 2008, 12:39 PM
"Sorry, the event you were looking for is no longer available online. You may still be able to purchase tickets through the venue box office. Please contact the venue box office directly for more information. "

CCU97
October 15th, 2008, 01:16 PM
The best way to get tix is to know that one person who is a UTC season tix holder....those were $10 this year for them and they could get up to 4 tix. Only thing is they all plan to scalp them to App St. fans if they make the NC game.....they figured they take it during the season and get it back for the NC game tix.