PDA

View Full Version : SLC - Two Bid League?

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2005, 09:32 PM
SLC Scenarios...

If Nicholls St and TxSt go 2-0, Nicholls would have the automatic bid and TxSt would be 9-2 (seven Div I wins). Both would get bids, wouldn't you think?

Nicholls goes 2-0 and TxSt 1-1, Nicholls gets automatic and at 8-3 with six Div I wins, TxSt loses out on playoffs, presumably.

Nicholls goes 1-1 and TxSt 1-1, Nicholls goes dancing. Bobcats stay home.

TxSt 2-0 and Nicholls 1-1, Bobcats go dancing and Nicholls stays home...

Nicholls remaining games @ SELA and vs McNeese
TxSt remaining games @ SFA and vs SHSU

Quite frankly, I don't see either of these teams losing both of their remaining games.

JohnStOnge
November 5th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Ok...I see I was counting wrong. Geeze it'd be tragic if they missed at 8-3 with the team they have.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Nicholls St. will get the autobid and Texas St. the at-large bid. This is a gimmie at this point IMO. As a Top 10 team, there's no way they wouldn't get an at-large bid unless a huge upset happens the last two games.

GrizSweeper
November 5th, 2005, 11:24 PM
We might be seeing one of these two up in Missoula for the first round of the playoffs then

lugo02
November 6th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Nicholls St. will get the autobid and Texas St. the at-large bid. This is a gimmie at this point IMO. As a Top 10 team, there's no way they wouldn't get an at-large bid unless a huge upset happens the last two games.
An 8-3 Texas St. would not be top 10 and they would not have 7 D-I wins and would therefore not get an At-Large bid. The only way Texas St. make it in is by getting the automatic bid.

darussian12
November 6th, 2005, 05:26 AM
uhhmmm if we win out we would be 9-2 but if nichols wins out tooo they get the autobid for beating us but we would be eligible for playoffs at 9-2 as at at large....we dont "need" the autobid ....we just need to keep on winning

TexasTerror
November 6th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Cal Poly. They were 9-2 last year. Biggest controversy in I-AA last year when they were snubbed. The losses were to tough UC Davis and I-AA QF Eastern Washington. Explain that one! Only had one sub Div I team on the schedule.

TxSt would be 7-2 for all intensive purposes. due to the Div II wins. If they lose one, their done.

Bobcat94
November 6th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Texas State just whipped a team that went into Statesboro and beat G. Southern. I'd say if Texas St. wins out they at least get a auto bid and when McNeese wakes up in two weeks TXST wins the SLC out right.

By the way TXST will host at least a first round game.......

A 9 and 2 TEXAS STATE team is a top four team. Ask G Southern, who lost to McNeese.......

San Marcos may be turning into one of the toughest places to play in I-AA, and we haven't sold a game out this year. But keep in mind we are leading attendance in the SLC......

Bobcat94
November 6th, 2005, 08:59 AM
By the way, We had the chance to talk to a few of the McNeese State fans.............They are great!!!! We enjoyed tailgating with them.

TexasTerror
November 6th, 2005, 10:14 AM
San Marcos may be turning into one of the toughest places to play in I-AA, and we haven't sold a game out this year. But keep in mind we are leading attendance in the SLC......

Helps when your the only school not impacted by Rita and Katrina...

McNeese would be far and away numero uno, but they got ravaged in Lake Charles and surrounding area...

Bragging about being #1 in SLC in attendance is lame, especially this year and ESPECIALLY when you guys have the largest enrollment in the SLC as it relates to football schools...

If you guys don't have #1 attendance year-in and year-out, that's a big issue for you...

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2005, 10:39 AM

That may be jumping the gun a little. This year, yes, you are doing well. Don't start talking about the future until you see how your team fares after losing 20+ players next season.

TexasTerror
November 6th, 2005, 11:00 AM
That may be jumping the gun a little. This year, yes, you are doing well. Don't start talking about the future until you see how your team fares after losing 20+ players next season.

What will be funny is despite losing 20+ players next season, all the Bobcat faithful will be crying on their boards about getting no respect when SLC coaches place them 5th in SLC preseason polls, if not lower.

They'll think they'll have a chance, just like we did. But, I think we're fixing to have a role-reversal. Kats will knock on playoff's doors next year, maybe come up short. We don't lose much offensively and I think the defensive holes won't be too much to fill...

Bobcat94
November 6th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Seriously guys, people are gonna start to wonder about you.............

Just an FYI, starters: we have 7 Seniors on Offense and 4 on Defense.

When the third string is geting playing time at the beginning of the 4th quarter against McNeese...........They are already catching the eyes of the coaches and SID's ..........

Back to the topic at hand.......this year, 2005, Texas State is a top five team..............Anyone outside of huntsville want to disagree with me???????

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2005, 03:41 PM

When the third string is geting playing time at the beginning of the 4th quarter against McNeese...........They are already catching the eyes of the coaches and SID's ..........

Back to the topic at hand.......this year, 2005, Texas State is a top five team..............Anyone outside of huntsville want to disagree with me???????

Yup, gotcha sitting at #8. :)

lugo02
November 6th, 2005, 03:47 PM

Top five in the SLC

TexasTerror
November 6th, 2005, 04:00 PM

Not top five right now...that's for sure.

Top five at the end of the season? Win two playoff games and we'll talk. Do the Bobcats know what it's like to go to Missoula? It'd be a rude awakening! Baptism by fire!

McNeese75
November 6th, 2005, 09:11 PM

Top five at the end of the season? Win two playoff games and we'll talk. Do the Bobcats know what it's like to go to Missoula? It'd be a rude awakening! Baptism by fire!

Assuming the Cats make it through the next two weeks and into the playoffs, I am hoping they do not have to visit the Gizz right away. Not a nice place to try and advance through ;) (especially SLC teams)

TXST_CAT
November 6th, 2005, 11:28 PM

Is it anything like Kyle Field? ;)
So far our Bobcats have been almost unstoppable. Take away a bad 1st half at Nicholls and the only loss we have is to A&M and that wasn't by much. Not to say the Grizz Stadium is not a hostile atmosphere but this Bobcat team doesn't seem to fret playing in hostile arenas. I actually think they like it. I think if the Cats have to travel to Grizz Stadium I and the Cats will be more concerned with beating a respectable team than the location. As for next year that 's next year. :cool:

Dallas Demon
November 7th, 2005, 12:13 AM
An 8-3 Texas St. would not be top 10 and they would not have 7 D-I wins and would therefore not get an At-Large bid. The only way Texas St. make it in is by getting the automatic bid.

Texas St. will be 9-2. I agree, if they lose another game they are in serious trouble. But I don't see them losing to Sam Houston or Stephen F. Austin.

Dallas Demon
November 7th, 2005, 12:16 AM
We might be seeing one of these two up in Missoula for the first round of the playoffs then

At this point, I think you will see Nicholls St. in Missoula for the opening playoff game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2005, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=TXST_CAT]Is it anything like Kyle Field? ;)
So far our Bobcats have been almost unstoppable. Take away a bad 1st half at Nicholls and the only loss we have is to A&M and that wasn't by much. QUOTE]

Wasn't the crowd at A&M extremely small because of the impending hurricane? I remember the game thread and i thought there was only like 30,000 at the game cause they didn't want to cause traffic problems with people leaving Houston and what not. BTW, A&M is not very good this year. While they played very well in defeat there has been a lot more impressive performances by 1-AA against 1-A's this year.

Dallas Demon
November 7th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Texas State just whipped a team that went into Statesboro and beat G. Southern. I'd say if Texas St. wins out they at least get a auto bid and when McNeese wakes up in two weeks TXST wins the SLC out right.

A 9 and 2 TEXAS STATE team is a top four team. Ask G Southern, who lost to McNeese.......

Sorry, but the attendance counting is the one beef I have with Texas St. I've been to two games over the last couple of years in Bobcat Stadium and the attendance was grossly overestimated. There's no way you'll ever convince me that Bobcat Stadium is roughly the same capacity as Turpin Stadium (Northwestern St.'s). There's no way that the attendance for this years game against Northwestern was almost 14,000 - it was more like 10-11K at best. Also, it should be noted that Texas St. increased their stadium capacity by simply decreasing the width of the seats (all bleacher style) from 18 inches to 12 inches. In a nutshell, Texas St.'s attendance figures are likely overestimated by 3-5K for each game at least.

Dallas Demon
November 7th, 2005, 12:30 AM
So far our Bobcats have been almost unstoppable. Take away a bad 1st half at Nicholls and the only loss we have is to A&M and that wasn't by much. Not to say the Grizz Stadium is not a hostile atmosphere but this Bobcat team doesn't seem to fret playing in hostile arenas. I actually think they like it. I think if the Cats have to travel to Grizz Stadium I and the Cats will be more concerned with beating a respectable team than the location. As for next year that 's next year. :cool:

It's obvious you haven't been through this before...

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2005, 05:44 AM
It's obvious you haven't been through this before...

That's all a good share of the Bobcat fans are. They're really the most cocky fans in the conference and as I told them on their boards, they're always whining about their fans not knowing football, but out of all the schools in our conference, their fans probably know the least about I-AA football...

BobcatSymphony
November 7th, 2005, 06:51 AM
That's all a good share of the Bobcat fans are. They're really the most cocky fans in the conference and as I told them on their boards, they're always whining about their fans not knowing football, but out of all the schools in our conference, their fans probably know the least about I-AA football...

Man, you're the same story over and over. Well, I'm going to agree with you on this one point: No our fans don't know the least about I-AA ball. To be honest, people haven't gotten out of the Wacker era at our school (alumni at least), and new students haven't had something to look at to garner interest.

You guys in Huntsville had a great season last year, but DO NOT tell me you were walking around with roses coming out your butts and telling everyone to take a good whiff. Sam fans kept preaching to everyone how they were gonna take it all this year... well you sure did take it. Point is: Bobcat football hasn't had two seasons where a coach or his squad have presented something for their students to see. Student population at the football games has increased the last couple of years, whether some people believe it or not. I'm sure if more people start showing up through consecutive seasons of success that more people will want to come to sites like I-AA.org and AGS.

To basically knock a fanbase for lack of knowledge when they haven't had a reason is absurd, because I'm sooooo sure all the SHSU fans know everything about I-AA football. TT you don't represent the whole fanbase for your school, and I'd wish you'd stop acting like you do. Like you "Kat" fans, there are Bobcat fans who know about I-AA football, and like you there are many learning.

Eat 'em up, 'CATS!!!

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2005, 08:04 AM
You guys in Huntsville had a great season last year, but DO NOT tell me you were walking around with roses coming out your butts and telling everyone to take a good whiff. Sam fans kept preaching to everyone how they were gonna take it all this year... well you sure did take it. Point is: Bobcat football hasn't had two seasons where a coach or his squad have presented something for their students to see. Student population at the football games has increased the last couple of years, whether some people believe it or not. I'm sure if more people start showing up through consecutive seasons of success that more people will want to come to sites like I-AA.org and AGS.

20 years of I-AA say what? You guys have been dreaming about I-A for years. You've been in Div I-AA for ages and your finally realizing your surroundings. Even your most loyal fans aren't seeing clearly in their I-AA surroundings. You have folks on your board with C-USA or MWC Champions in their signatures. I-A moves are the talk every other week. 20 years. Win or lose, you guys should know atleast the slightest bit. You do have fans wanting to learn, because I've gotten PMs on your boards asking me questions, so that's a bright spot.

To basically knock a fanbase for lack of knowledge when they haven't had a reason is absurd, because I'm sooooo sure all the SHSU fans know everything about I-AA football. TT you don't represent the whole fanbase for your school, and I'd wish you'd stop acting like you do. Like you "Kat" fans, there are Bobcat fans who know about I-AA football, and like you there are many learning.

I do not represent the entire fan base, but when your fans rush the field after knocking off #1 Montana (our students knew who we were playing), that says our fans know. When the Kats tailgate features talk of Montana, Grambling, McNeese and New Hampshire, you know this is I-AA football.

Our fans would rather us play some 'big-name' I-AAs instead of I-As. We don't drool over 'big brothers' down the road, but of teams from the Gateway, Big Sky and a desire for some A-10 action!

We're no McNeese, but our fans are pretty knowledgable. That's what 20 years of following a I-AA program and not having pipe dreams of I-A for years will do for you. This is better football. Maybe not skill-wise, but it sure as heck gives you a national championship, more enjoyable fans and more...

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 7th, 2005, 08:42 AM
:rolleyes:
20 years of I-AA say what? You guys have been dreaming about I-A for years. You've been in Div I-AA for ages and your finally realizing your surroundings. Even your most loyal fans aren't seeing clearly in their I-AA surroundings. You have folks on your board with C-USA or MWC Champions in their signatures. I-A moves are the talk every other week. 20 years. Win or lose, you guys should know atleast the slightest bit. You do have fans wanting to learn, because I've gotten PMs on your boards asking me questions, so that's a bright spot.

I do not represent the entire fan base, but when your fans rush the field after knocking off #1 Montana (our students knew who we were playing), that says our fans know. When the Kats tailgate features talk of Montana, Grambling, McNeese and New Hampshire, you know this is I-AA football.

Our fans would rather us play some 'big-name' I-AAs instead of I-As. We don't drool over 'big brothers' down the road, but of teams from the Gateway, Big Sky and a desire for some A-10 action!

We're no McNeese, but our fans are pretty knowledgable. That's what 20 years of following a I-AA program and not having pipe dreams of I-A for years will do for you. This is better football. Maybe not skill-wise, but it sure as heck gives you a national championship, more enjoyable fans and more...

TOPIC HIJACK...again! :bang:

by the way TT, i just LOVE all the assumptions you have about our student body. lol. :rolleyes: i especially like the part where you know exactly what is said at our tailgates and our dreams. I'm glad we're all as ignorant as you claim. :rolleyes:

if your school has a wet dream over playing "big time I-AAs" then answer this. Why did you schedule TWO I-As this year and no "big time I-AAs?" Hmmm, for the money? Maybe to play someone your fans have heard of? (Texas Tech and Houston...next year, UT. all names that most Tx College students have heard of, you agree?) And don't tell me your fans don't drool over the opportunity to play UT or any Big XII school over say Georgia Southern because, well that's absurd. You're living in a dream world. Everyone wants a chance to knock off the BIG BOYS of college football and prove that I-AA is for real...

BACK TO TOPIC...

If Nicholls and TxState win out, I don't see why the SLC wouldn't be a two-bid league. If we both lose one, TxState is out (unless they get the autobid). If Nicholls loses one and we win out, TxState is in.

Bottom line--if we win out, we should be in. If Nicholls wins out, they should be in. But, the target on our backs only gets bigger...

blackfordpu
November 7th, 2005, 10:07 AM

by the way TT, i just LOVE all the assumptions you have about our student body. lol. :rolleyes: i especially like the part where you know exactly what is said at our tailgates and our dreams. I'm glad we're all as ignorant as you claim. :rolleyes:

if your school has a wet dream over playing "big time I-AAs" then answer this. Why did you schedule TWO I-As this year and no "big time I-AAs?" Hmmm, for the money? Maybe to play someone your fans have heard of? (Texas Tech and Houston...next year, UT. all names that most Tx College students have heard of, you agree?) And don't tell me your fans don't drool over the opportunity to play UT or any Big XII school over say Georgia Southern because, well that's absurd. You're living in a dream world. Everyone wants a chance to knock off the BIG BOYS of college football and prove that I-AA is for real...

BACK TO TOPIC...

If Nicholls and TxState win out, I don't see why the SLC wouldn't be a two-bid league. If we both lose one, TxState is out (unless they get the autobid). If Nicholls loses one and we win out, TxState is in.

Bottom line--if we win out, we should be in. If Nicholls wins out, they should be in. But, the target on our backs only gets bigger...

If Nicholls wins out they WILL be in. No question.

Bobcat94
November 7th, 2005, 10:29 AM
I've been to Sam and SFA. I have not been to any of the LA schools. I've seen them on TV when they are on.

When people actually talk about measurement of the freaking seats and say they have personal knowledge of another schools attendance facts is flat out lies........

The same people crying about a lack of knowledge for I-AA actually contributing to the problem with continuous credibility problems. This thread was actually hijacked to discuss the size of our seats!!!!!

Talk about the ****ing attendance numbers period. My guess and it is only a guess (I will always admit I am purely speculating hear unlike others) is the SLC requires attendance to be measured the same way.........

Our average is between 11 and 12 K per game (I'm not going to look it up). It is in the top 25 or so nationally (Again I am not going to look up the actual number up) It always has been in this range, even with weak ass teams from the past. The Cats now are actually playing decent ball for a change and attendance is up slightly.

You are so freaking predictable. I knew you would bring up the Hurricanes. I know McNeese is always sold out at The Hole. They should be they have 10 SLC championships and the fan support to be there.

My point is this. Texas State is now 10 and 1 with Bailiff at home, attendance is up and I just witnessed Saturday a level of fan participation that caused a usually well coached team by Tate to have false starts and illegal procedures called on them time and time again. I witness a Texas State Defense crush what usually is a strong rushing and passing offense.

Texas State is now a tough place to play. We will always bitch about our attendance we have a pretty big stadium for I-AA (Throw out some of the Gateway and Ivy and Montana's with freakish spikes in the capacity and attendance numbers) and it is always never full. But never full also means at least 10K plus with bigger games generating 12 to 13K.

12 to 13K and a train every thirty minutes to an hour and you have a pretty good place to play. Hell at least our stadium has both sides and they are centered on the fifty. I know those schools up northeast don't belive in surburban sprawl like us Texans do, but come on at least get the stadium centerd on the fifty........... and have a side for the visitors.......

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2005, 10:41 AM
FYI, I know a thing or two about how attendance is done in the SLC...

You guys think the ticket office actually sends in the "stats" on attendance? Puhlease!

Bobcat94
November 7th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Don't give us crap about it, enlighten us.

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Don't give us crap about it, enlighten us.

Tried that. Then get called out for bashing your team (because I'm a Sam backer) and then TheRev agrees and you guys lay off...

McNeese75
November 7th, 2005, 12:09 PM

No, its not anything like Kyle Field. In Montana, they will not be looking past you to their next league game because you are a I-AA school. The Grizz will have their sites set square on you and will not let go. The Bobcats have NOT played in anyplace like that this year (then throw in the possibility for some fairly inhospitable weather) and it will be a challange for any team outside their conference to try and win in their house. SHSU went in there with a pretty cool QB (look at their win over EWU the week before) and got their hat handed to them.

You won't be in Kansas anymore Toto so you better hope for a really good draw and avoid Mizzu as long as possible! :D

McNeese75
November 7th, 2005, 12:19 PM
My point is this. Texas State is now 10 and 1 with Bailiff at home, attendance is up and I just witnessed Saturday a level of fan participation that caused a usually well coached team by Tate to have false starts and illegal procedures called on them time and time again. I witness a Texas State Defense crush what usually is a strong rushing and passing offense.

Your home record with Baliff at the helm is very good, but your rowdy student fans had absolutly nothing to do with the false starts on Saturday (sorry, it was just not that loud). I am sure the cadence by Neeley was the cause of those jumps. The Cats played very well Saturday and your team deserves to be in the playoffs (if they can stay focused the next couple weeks). But, as any fan of a team that has made a run through the playoffs will tell you it takes skill, a good draw and a lot of damn luck to make it to Chatty! ;)

Good luck!

NSUDemon98
November 7th, 2005, 02:21 PM

YES!!! Finally someone besides NSU or SHSU will get raped at Griz Stadium.

NSUDemon98
November 7th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Helps when your the only school not impacted by Rita and Katrina...

McNeese would be far and away numero uno, but they got ravaged in Lake Charles and surrounding area...

Bragging about being #1 in SLC in attendance is lame, especially this year and ESPECIALLY when you guys have the largest enrollment in the SLC as it relates to football schools...

If you guys don't have #1 attendance year-in and year-out, that's a big issue for you...

I am glad my eyebrows weren't the only onces that raised when I read that. It takes more than just one year to build a strong tradition of being tough at home. Prior to this year playing in San Marcos was like playing at home...hell I think we scored just as many points as we did in Turpin.

I will come back and revisit this post in 10 years...the LEAST amount of time needed to say that you consistently have a tough stadium to play in.

NSUDemon98
November 7th, 2005, 02:29 PM
I and the Cats will be more concerned with beating a respectable team than the location. As for next year that 's next year. :cool:

NSU thought the same thing...3 TIMES!!! If you do get to travel to Missoula, which I hope you do :D , it will open your eyes AND your ears.

NSUDemon98
November 7th, 2005, 02:36 PM

BACK TO TOPIC...

Obviously Nicholls St. is gonna get in...noone is gonna stop the triple option. I am not trying to dash your dreams for a SLC Championship but just being realistic. NSU was Nicholls last big hurdle to jump towards their goal and we never stopped them but maybe 2 or 3 times the whole game.

However, good news for TxSt. is the way your team has performed throughout the SEASON...in my opinion you stumble once more and go 1-1 these last two games you still will get in.

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2005, 04:20 PM
However, good news for TxSt. is the way your team has performed throughout the SEASON...in my opinion you stumble once more and go 1-1 these last two games you still will get in.

You think an 8-3 team with only six Div I wins would get in without an automatic bid? Some bubble teams like South Carolina St would get in before there's a team with less than seven Div I wins.

I want two SLC teams in, but we have to be honest. You have less than seven Div I wins, your hanging yourself out to dry...

Bobcat94
November 7th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Tried that. Then get called out for bashing your team (because I'm a Sam backer) and then TheRev agrees and you guys lay off...

I gave you an opportunity............

BobcatSymphony
November 7th, 2005, 09:48 PM
You think an 8-3 team with only six Div I wins would get in without an automatic bid? Some bubble teams like South Carolina St would get in before there's a team with less than seven Div I wins.

I want two SLC teams in, but we have to be honest. You have less than seven Div I wins, your hanging yourself out to dry...

You know for all the "bashing" you give us about predicting things, you seem pretty over zealous in your idea that we will be 8-3 come seasons end. Tell me TT, who will beat us? Will it be SFA, or your wonderful institution? I'd say until you have double checked with Miss Cleo that you refrain from making the assumptions about our team that you hate hearing about yourself.

TXST_CAT
November 7th, 2005, 09:50 PM
My comment was not to take away from Grizz Stadium as the KAT fans have pointed out any idiot knows the place is quite intimidating. My post was more of a testament to the fortitude of our team to walk into a very hostile stadium at the most competitive level of play, Big XII, football and not be fazed. Although some will say the Aggie’s are not that great a team I doubt any will question they were heading into that game fired up after beating the crap out of SMU. I don't doubt Grizz Stadium is a very hostile place, especially during playoffs. I am also aware Playoff games will always be tougher than noncon games, but Kyle field at 50,000 plus fans was quite an experience and I feel our players have learned to put the fans out of their minds. Especially when they constantly, I mean constantly, chant Whoop. The Aggie’s aren't known for the 12th man for nothing! By no means does is this an attempt to say our cats would have a walk in the park if they were to go to Missoula. As much as I would hate to see us play in Missoula I think it would be a tough close game and far from a “raping”.

blackfordpu
November 7th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Will someone please post an air view of a UM game. A full Montana stadium will easily be louder that the crowd you heard at Kyle field.

McNeese75
November 7th, 2005, 10:34 PM
http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=10236&SID=MFB

It appears there were less than 40,000 Fans at the A&M game. Montana with 24,000 fans sitting right on the field will blow that crowd away.

McNeese75
November 7th, 2005, 10:41 PM
I am also aware Playoff games will always be tougher than noncon games, but Kyle field at 50,000 plus fans was quite an experience and I feel our players have learned to put the fans out of their minds. Especially when they constantly, I mean constantly, chant Whoop. The Aggie’s aren't known for the 12th man for nothing! By no means does is this an attempt to say our cats would have a walk in the park if they were to go to Missoula. As much as I would hate to see us play in Missoula I think it would be a tough close game and far from a “raping”.

www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=10236&SID=MFB (http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=10236&SID=MFB)

It appears there were closer to 35,000 fans at the A&M Game. Griz-Wash Stadium with 24,000 fans sitting very close to the field and situated like it is will be louder than Kyle field was on that day.

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2005, 07:06 AM
You know for all the "bashing" you give us about predicting things, you seem pretty over zealous in your idea that we will be 8-3 come seasons end. Tell me TT, who will beat us? Will it be SFA, or your wonderful institution? I'd say until you have double checked with Miss Cleo that you refrain from making the assumptions about our team that you hate hearing about yourself.

Just stating a response to that fella who thought you blokes would be in with a 1-1 record from here on out. You guys got tough games with a huge target on your back. Sam and SFA both have a bit of momentum going into that game against you, simple as that. Nothing can be taken for granted in the SLC...

If Nicholls wins out, a co-championship has got to leave a bad taste in your mouth. I never liked being co-champions...

Brent
November 8th, 2005, 01:15 PM

But yet you keep coming back on BobcatFans.com every day....amazing.

We know the least about I-AA football?? Damn thats funny.

Brent
November 8th, 2005, 01:17 PM
www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=10236&SID=MFB (http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=10236&SID=MFB)

It appears there were closer to 35,000 fans at the A&M Game. Griz-Wash Stadium with 24,000 fans sitting very close to the field and situated like it is will be louder than Kyle field was on that day.

A&M game attendance: 72,741

TypicalTribe
November 8th, 2005, 01:51 PM

"The announced paid attendance was 72,741, but about half as many turned out."

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2005, 02:35 PM
But yet you keep coming back on BobcatFans.com every day....amazing.

Someone has to help a stray dog find their way. I'm glad Ender and Hacker on your board are being educated fans and asking questions instead of assuming things...

We know the least about I-AA football?? Damn thats funny.

Just seems your school is the one that is dreaming more about I-A football, have a lot of students who'd prefer Texas over Bobcats football and just continued misconceptions and misinformation about I-AA football. Again, that's probably because of years of failures and messes. Bailiff is turning your program around, but I hope instead of hoping it leads to I-A dreams, your fans embrace I-AA and learn a bit about this great division of NCAA football...

McNeese75
November 8th, 2005, 02:39 PM

Read it all Brent, PAID attendance (Aggies sell em all out) but the stadium was half full so do the math!!!!

NSUDemon98
November 8th, 2005, 03:07 PM
"The announced paid attendance was 72,741, but about half as many turned out."

I watched the game and 72,741 was about 30,000-40,000 too many.

There was noone in the endzones which looks 25% of their stadium capacity to begin with. The upper deck on the home side wasn't even close to full...

NSUDemon98
November 8th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Someone has to help a stray dog find their way. I'm glad Ender and Hacker on your board are being educated fans and asking questions instead of assuming things...

Just seems your school is the one that is dreaming more about I-A football, have a lot of students who'd prefer Texas over Bobcats football and just continued misconceptions and misinformation about I-AA football. Again, that's probably because of years of failures and messes. Bailiff is turning your program around, but I hope instead of hoping it leads to I-A dreams, your fans embrace I-AA and learn a bit about this great division of NCAA football...

Not to mention their ending to every argument has to do with how "your degree is worthless and their degree is equal to M.I.T." or "tier this or tier that"...

BobcatSymphony
November 8th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Just stating a response to that fella who thought you blokes would be in with a 1-1 record from here on out. You guys got tough games with a huge target on your back. Sam and SFA both have a bit of momentum going into that game against you, simple as that. Nothing can be taken for granted in the SLC...

If Nicholls wins out, a co-championship has got to leave a bad taste in your mouth. I never liked being co-champions...

I agree, a co-champ ending is a bad taste, but if that's the way the chips fall, so be it. We put ourselves in that position. However, at least it still leaves us a decent shot at an at-large if we don't get the SLC outright.

And SFA and Sam aren't the only one's going into this weekend with momentum. We took it to McNeese pretty handily this year, and have our own momentum going as well. It's going to be a good matchup for our last two games, and I will be at both supporting my team. I hope we come out with wins, and decisive ones at that, but I'm not expecting cake walks.

Also, if we go 1-1 and miss out, I'll still be happy with an 8-3. I'm not looking for miracles in Bobcat-land. I'm looking for improvement. Our coach seems to be bringing that to our team while also garnering more support for his program. Heck, if we had stayed with our HC before CB I wouldn't be making the trips to San Marcos on weekends to watch the game this year. Even as an alum Bailiff has me looking forward to things to come.

Good luck to SHSU with NoCo, and we'll see you guys in two weeks. :)

beerkat
November 8th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Not to mention their ending to every argument has to do with how "your degree is worthless and their degree is equal to M.I.T." or "tier this or tier that"...

their fanbase is easily the lowest-class fanbase in the SLC, nobody likes them

blackfordpu
November 8th, 2005, 06:01 PM
My comment was not to take away from Grizz Stadium as the KAT fans have pointed out any idiot knows the place is quite intimidating. My post was more of a testament to the fortitude of our team to walk into a very hostile stadium at the most competitive level of play, Big XII, football and not be fazed. Although some will say the Aggie’s are not that great a team I doubt any will question they were heading into that game fired up after beating the crap out of SMU. I don't doubt Grizz Stadium is a very hostile place, especially during playoffs. I am also aware Playoff games will always be tougher than noncon games, but Kyle field at 50,000 plus fans was quite an experience and I feel our players have learned to put the fans out of their minds. Especially when they constantly, I mean constantly, chant Whoop. The Aggie’s aren't known for the 12th man for nothing! By no means does is this an attempt to say our cats would have a walk in the park if they were to go to Missoula. As much as I would hate to see us play in Missoula I think it would be a tough close game and far from a “raping”.

Here you go.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/montana/missoula_washington_grizzly.jpg

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 8th, 2005, 06:42 PM
their fanbase is easily the lowest-class fanbase in the SLC, nobody likes them

everyone has a few bad apples--even your beloved shs. in fact, i can remember one of your posts personally showing a lack of class. so, maybe you should evaluate your own standing before judging others...

just a thought.

beerkat
November 8th, 2005, 06:46 PM
well if we have a few bad apples then you have several hundred

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Tx State has not won a game on Fox Sports in their last 7 tries. This dates back to the road game at Illinois State back in 2001...

They have not beat SFA on the road since 1991...

This is a trouble game for them...

blackfordpu
November 8th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Is that game going to be televised at SFA?

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 8th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Tx State has not won a game on Fox Sports in their last 7 tries. This dates back to the road game at Illinois State back in 2001...

We've also not beaten NwSt. in...forever. Trends are for whores.

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Is that game going to be televised at SFA?

FoxSW

McNeeserocket
November 9th, 2005, 11:06 AM

For the record: The McNeese team you beat this past weekend is not the same team that played at Georgia Southern at the beginning of September. I am afraid that Hurricanes Rita and Katrina can be given credit for the problems McNeese is having this year. You have no idea (no one does) of the hardships this team has been through this year (nor does it appear you would care even if you did know).

McNeese had three football games cancelled this year because of the two different hurricanes. Many of our players have no family home to go to on the weekends because their home was completely or partially destroyed during Katrina or Rita. Many more have have extended families and friends who have lost homes or suffered extensive property and business damage. Then add in the extra stress of your university having so much damage and destruction that classes are cancelled for 6 weeks and the dorms or apartment you live in were either destroyed or damaged so heavily that you can't live in them anymore. You then are forced to go with your team to another university. Southeastern graciously provided room and board for our team for 25 days and their kindness will always be remembered by the McNeese faithful. You practice in a different town, a different university and at different facilities (all as a visitor) at times that are completely different than your normal practice time. When you are not practicing, you don't have classes, you don't have family around (most of them are too busy trying to repair their homes and find new homes), and you don't even have tv or phones in your dorm room (the dorm that the team stayed in was an older dorm slated for destruction this coming spring). When the team finally does come back to Lake Charles, their are no dorms open, no classes because most buildings are in the middle of repair or mold cleanup, and no practice fields (because the military and FEMA workers took over the field. McNeese had to play two "home" games (games that should have been played in Lake Charles) at cities that are hours away from where you are presently housed as a team.

And the final straw, when your team bus pulls up to the McNeese Field House the day you finally return from your 25 day evacuation stay at Southeastern University you find out the McNeese Field House is locked and guards are posted to keep you and everyone else out because DEQ, OSHA and a half dozen other govt. authorities say the air quality is not fit for humans in the building after the hurricane. There were more hardships, too many to name, but perhaps what I included may give you just a snapshot of the stress, distractions, loss, and emotional toll our team has gone through this year.

The fact that our team has played games and actually competed in some of those games is quite amazing!

You are making it very hard for Southland fans to be proud of and happy for Texas State. Most of us fans at McNeese have been talking all year about how good your team is/was and that we were happy that your team may actually get to go the playoffs. However, you seem a little too willing to talk about how great your team is and how superior your team is.

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2005, 12:50 PM
You are making it very hard for Southland fans to be proud of and happy for Texas State. Most of us fans at McNeese have been talking all year about how good your team is/was and that we were happy that your team may actually get to go the playoffs. However, you seem a little too willing to talk about how great your team is and how superior your team is.

I agree. I've been backing the 'Cats in the AGS poll each week since they began to impress. Thought highly of what they bring to the SLC and seemed like a team that could knock off some BSC teams for the good ole SLC in the playoffs..

Bobcat94
November 9th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I am truly sorry for what LA and Lake Charles specifically had to go through, I can not even imagine and won't claim to.

The rest of the comments are perplexing.........

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2005, 02:27 PM
I don't see why the fellas in San Marcos are rooting against Nicholls so much. In fact, I think they bring that up more than their own two games...

Take care of your business, Bobcats, and your in with a probable first round home date. They, the folks in Thibodaux take care of theirs, they're in and we get two SLC teams...

Nothing wrong with that at all. I think all SLC teams outside of San Marcos are cheering for two SLC bids...

Bobcat94
November 9th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I recall something to the effect of leaving a bad taste in your mouth................

Again perplexing..........

McNeeserocket
November 9th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I am truly sorry for what LA and Lake Charles specifically had to go through, I can not even imagine and won't claim to.

The rest of the comments are perplexing.........

The problem I was talking about in the earlier post is that you say things like how bad you beat a McNeese team that beat Georgia Southern. You can't measure success on the win loss record of the teams you beat. Case in point, McNeese lost badly to Southeastern Univ. and then beat Sam Houston. Then Sam Houston beat Southeastern Univ. pretty easily.

I guess what I am saying is that as a fan you should be proud of your team's success. Your team is having a great year. It is obvious that there is plenty of talent on both sides of the ball. As far as crowds at your game being good or bad, I would say the crowds are poor, especially since your team is having a great year (best year in the last ten) and especially since your enrollment is about 25,000 or more. I can't measure how many people were in your stands on Saturday, but according to your own football program guide the record is about 13,000 plus when you played Stephen F. Austin in the past. McNeese game with Sam Houston two weeks ago (our first home game this season) was one or our worst attended games with right under 10,000. If we don't have 15,000 plus we consider it a poor crowd. Considering the effects of the Hurricane season this year and having to have a day game (we rarely have day games) our crowd of 9500 plus was probably predictable.

McNeese and other teams in the Southland have had successful years and some teams seem to have more successful years than others. Blowing your own horn too much after your first year of success is not an example of a classy successful program. I do wish your team success this year, and every year. Stating that your house is becoming a place where teams find it hard to win seems a little premature and perhaps immature after only one year of real success. Maybe a little more humility for a relatively new type of success would represent your program more at this point.

McNeese72
November 9th, 2005, 04:47 PM

We've been doing that every week. I don't think you guys caused it.

Bobcat94
November 9th, 2005, 05:30 PM
A lecture??????? I give props to McSt all the time!!!! And thanked one of your own for comparing us to your 95 team!!!! I think thats great and loved to see the comparison. To accuse me of aragonce thats crap!!!!!!!!

I know there are people on here that forgot that McNeese even played before the hurricanes. I put out facts to help people with that vote.

If I said the Bobcats beat McNeese who beat GS in Statesboro as nicely as I could; I still would have been told to shut up and I was comparing apples to oranges. You telling me McNeese quit this past weekend???? I hope not! I wouldn't want to hear that. I want to hear Tate say "Texas State was just completely dominating. It's hard to just come out and put your finger on the problems. They just came in and dominated on both sides of the ball. They really took it to us. They had great field position all game."HE FREAKIN' said that!!!!! How much different is my comparison.

How many games have they played since? Hell it was two months ago. You think Tate and the Pokes were not ready for that game in San Marcos? It’s starting to sound like a copout.

There isn’t any arrogance in my statements. My statement only point out fact that most people on here don’t know (see above).

Talking about a highhorse!!!!!!!! I can hear it now you got to earn your spot up here.....F' THAT!!!!! you just said W-L doesn't matter!!!!!! To me that includes every year....Well how about the play last weekend!!!!! Unless you're from Nicholls I have no more to say.. And if you are, I give it to you. Nicholls St finished and played tough when it matter at the end. If they win out that's F'n great, I hope they win every game in the playoffs until they play the Bobcats again. I hear it here also!!!!! Shut Up!!! I know the Cats have games to play before the playoffs!!!!!! Fans speculate and hope and dream, thats what everyone on here does otherwise they wouldn't be here!!!!!!

I love everybody in the SLC except when they play us......well there maybe some that I don't love, but I'll support.

End of rant..........and if you read all of this WOW!!!!

By the way the perplexing............ wasn't for you, but thanks for the comments.

texcap
November 9th, 2005, 06:09 PM

Seems that a lot of your knowledge is coming from those uneducated Bobcat fans you like to dismiss.

I thought this informative tidbit from TT looked familiar and then I remembered seeing the same thing on bobcatfans.com. (see: http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6380 ) :confused:

I thought TT might have posted the same over there so I went and looked and it appears that it was written an hour prior to being posted here. But lo and behold it wasn't written by TT.

It appears that he plagerized this information from one of those Bobcat fans who he thinks needs some schooling on 1-AA football. Of course TT did have enough sense to change the pronouns before posting, but not the guts to admit where he got the information.

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2005, 06:53 PM
It appears that he plagerized this information from one of those Bobcat fans who he thinks needs some schooling on 1-AA football. Of course TT did have enough sense to change the pronouns before posting, but not the guts to admit where he got the information.

I apologize for not giving credit, I ussually do credit information with a link or something in most of my posts, especially news article. I'm sure the information was in the Bobcats football release however and the information is readily available...

And about being "one of those Bobcat fans who he thinks needs some schooling on 1-AA football", apparently your misinformed too and need to be schooled. You just did an AGS no-no!

'1-AA' football? It's I-AA football. Your just as uninformed! And it was general Bobcat facts, not something on I-AA (or 1-AA, for that matter).

texcap
November 9th, 2005, 08:16 PM
I apologize for not giving credit, I ussually do credit information with a link or something in most of my posts, especially news article. I'm sure the information was in the Bobcats football release however and the information is readily available...

And about being "one of those Bobcat fans who he thinks needs some schooling on 1-AA football", apparently your misinformed too and need to be schooled. You just did an AGS no-no!

'1-AA' football? It's I-AA football. Your just as uninformed! And it was general Bobcat facts, not something on I-AA (or 1-AA, for that matter).

"I ussually (sic) do credit information..."

So why didn't you this time? Could it be that it would have been contrary to your point that Texas State fans are not knowledgeable? It sure couldn't have been because of the time it would have taken to credit them. As I pointed out in my original post you took the time to change the pronouns, just not the time to give an "uninformed" Bobcat fan credit for their post.

As to "1-AA" vs. "I-AA" I guess I did make a mistake, but it appears as though you knew what an uninformed person was talking about. Of course you couldn't wait to point out that mistake in an attempt to deflect the point away from the fact that the information you placed out on the board to show how much you know actually came from the very people that you feel know nothing.

By the way, if you want to get into a discussion on being uninformed or needing schooling, learn the proper usage of the words "your" and "you're" before pointing fingers. Of course I am sure that you "ussually" don't make these mistakes in your other posts.

The whole point is that before you go painting other schools fans with a broad brush you need to realize that there are good and bad, informed and ignorant everywhere, and pointing at others only makes yourself a bigger target. Besides, I am willing to bet there are plagerizers from Texas State too, and possibly even more from Sam Houston than the one we already know.

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2005, 08:37 PM
So why didn't you this time? Could it be that it would have been contrary to your point that Texas State fans are not knowledgeable? It sure couldn't have been because of the time it would have taken to credit them. As I pointed out in my original post you took the time to change the pronouns, just not the time to give an "uninformed" Bobcat fan credit for their post.

It was a simple mistake about the crediting. I have a degree in Radio/TV and make a living out of working with the media and all sorts of journalists. I know how these things work. You going insane on me for one post where I did not do it is rather lame, especially considering your only two posts on this board is you coming after me.

I don't spell-check my posts. Sorry. It's not like I'm writing copy for publication or for television. I do that enough as is and I'm just breezing through when I post here. You going to give me an 'F' for my post on here? Going to fire me from posting? Man, your just as bad as that mean ole Katrina! :bang:

blackfordpu
November 9th, 2005, 08:54 PM
It was a simple mistake about the crediting. I have a degree in Radio/TV and make a living out of working with the media and all sorts of journalists. I know how these things work. You going insane on me for one post where I did not do it is rather lame, especially considering your only two posts on this board is you coming after me.

I don't spell-check my posts. Sorry. It's not like I'm writing copy for publication or for television. I do that enough as is and I'm just breezing through when I post here. You going to give me an 'F' for my post on here? Going to fire me from posting? Man, your just as bad as that mean ole Katrina! :bang:

Good one TT. :)

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 9th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I don't see why the fellas in San Marcos are rooting against Nicholls so much. In fact, I think they bring that up more than their own two games...

Take care of your business, Bobcats, and your in with a probable first round home date. They, the folks in Thibodaux take care of theirs, they're in and we get two SLC teams...

Nothing wrong with that at all. I think all SLC teams outside of San Marcos are cheering for two SLC bids...

we root against nicholls for the simple fact that if we win out, we want to be ASSURED an auto bid. sure, we'd love to see two slc teams in the playoffs, but if we're 9-2, co-champions of the SLC, and don't get a bid b/c of the tie-breaker, then what have we accomplished?

It's all about erasing the possibility of us not getting in...