PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 CAA Predictions (10/18)

GannonFan
October 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM
New Hampshire 35 Northeastern 36 – UNH comes off of its first loss of the year in a sloppy loss to W&M at home last week. Northeastern took it’s annual “L” against UMass last week, but played pretty well throughout. Northeastern’s been a pretty decent team all year and I don’t think anything different will happen here. UNH’s defense just isn’t very good and when they play a quality team that can really be their undoing. And Northeastern has had UNH’s number recently – I see NU extending the winning streak over UNH to three this week at Parsons.

Villanova 28 Rhode Island 14 – nova has to avoid looking past this game and towards their matchup with JMU next week, and it’ll be hard to do going into empty little Kingston. URI found a way to lose to Towson last week and should be overmatched against the Wildcats. I think nova sleepwalks through this game and still wins comfortably.

William and Mary 24 Delaware 14 – W&M might be for real with last week’s win at UNH, and the schedule breaks nicely for W&M now – they should be favored in every game until the last two weeks of the season and could be 7-2 going into Harrisonburg. Having Phillips back certainly helped and makes you wonder if they could’ve knocked off nova the week before had he played. Also, W&M has found a gem in RB Grimes and the Tribe are truly a threat to run the ball again. UD’s had issues all year with the QB play and there’s no reason to think that will change this week. The defense is still pretty stout, but it’s hard playing with that offense to look at. Always a fun game between these rivals and the game will be close because UD’s defense will keep them in it, but W&M is starting to show they are pretty good this year.

Hofstra 3 Maine 35 – Hello rock bottom, it’s Hofstra calling. Just a forgettable year for the oddly named Pride and Orono will be no fun for them this weekend. Maine’s a credible team although you wonder how long before Cosgrove screws that up. Not this week, though, as Hofstra will present no difficulty for the Black Bears.

Richmond 21 UMass 24 – Something will have to give this week in Amherst. Richmond needs to run the table basically at this point to feel good about making the playoffs as they sit on 3 losses, and now they have to get the bad taste out of their mouths from last week’s terrible loss to JMU on a punt return as time expired (or thereabout). UMass struggled with NU, but they always do. The big question for UMass is whether their defense really is better than the start of the year or have two underwhelming offenses in the past few weeks covered over some of their flaws? I don’t think Richmond recovers from this and I think they drop another one in Amherst, where UMass has played well of late. Unless things break nationally for Richmond (and looking at records around the nation I think it’s very possible a 4 loss team makes the playoffs again) they could be on the outside looking in come postseason time.

WMTribe90
October 13th, 2008, 06:08 PM
New Hampshire
Villanova
WM
Maine
Richmond

santosballnewhampshire
October 13th, 2008, 06:36 PM
New Hampshire
URI
W&M
Maine
Richmond

Uncle Buck
October 13th, 2008, 08:55 PM
New Hampshire 32 Northeastern 27 - UNH scores late to steal a win

Villanova 35 Rhode Island 21 - Nova takes care of business

William and Mary 28 Delaware 13 - UD offense struggles, W&M can play

Hofstra 17 Maine 14 - That's right, i'll pick HU in the upset. Big win at UD for Maine, could this be a let down? Probably not, but i'll buck the trend of Maine votes that will come down the pike. HU wins it on a hail mary with no time on the clock.

Richmond 27 UMass 23 - Richmond will be fired up after a tough tough loss to JMU. I expect the Spiders to come out this week and continue the trend of CAA teams beating each other up.

UDBlueLotFan
October 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Northeastern
Nova
UD; yup, KC looks like coach of the yr before lying an egg and back to the conservative gameplan in Long Island the following wk.
Maine
Richmond

madisonfan87
October 13th, 2008, 09:34 PM
UNH
Nova
W&M (UD might get the win)
Maine
Richmond

WrenFGun
October 13th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Northeastern will win. I won't bother with the rest, yet.

Jackman
October 13th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Northeastern
Nova
W&M unless Delaware makes a QB change.
Maine
UMass

UNHWildCats
October 13th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Northeastern will win. I won't bother with the rest, yet.
go take a timeout in the corner.

HensRock
October 14th, 2008, 12:22 AM
NU
VU
WM
UR
UMaine

Sam Adams
October 14th, 2008, 07:11 AM
NU
VU
WM
UM
UMASS

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 14th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Northeastern
Villanova
WM
Maine
Richmond

89Hen
October 14th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Villanova will win. I'm not picking the rest. :p

89Hen
October 14th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Oh heck.

New Hampshire 42 - Northeastern 35
Villanova 38 - Rhode Island 10
William and Mary 28 - Delaware 10
Maine 24 - Hofstra 7
Richmond 35 - UMass 31

GoBlueHens83
October 14th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Hello everyone, first post! I'll go with:

New Hampshire
Villanova
William & Mary
UMass

89Hen
October 14th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Hello everyone, first post! I'll go with:

New Hampshire
Villanova
William & Mary
UMass
Welcome, we could use a few more Hen posters. xsmiley_wix

BTW, are you predicting a tie for Hofstra/Maine? :p

GoBlueHens83
October 14th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Welcome, we could use a few more Hen posters. xsmiley_wix

BTW, are you predicting a tie for Hofstra/Maine? :p

Sorry, see I'm showing my rookie side already.:p I'll take Maine.

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2008, 09:00 AM
go take a timeout in the corner.

Ouch. What about New Hampshire's defense makes you think they're capable of stopping a pretty solid team? I don't know if you were at the game this weekend, but it was an absolute embarrassment. I don't really see a way that New Hampshire beats Northeastern this weekend, but I'll root on, anyway.

andy7171
October 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM
New Hampshire Northeastern
Villanova Rhode Island
William and Mary Delaware
Maine Hofstra
Richmond UMass

rcny46
October 14th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Ouch. What about New Hampshire's defense makes you think they're capable of stopping a pretty solid team? I don't know if you were at the game this weekend, but it was an absolute embarrassment. I don't really see a way that New Hampshire beats Northeastern this weekend, but I'll root on, anyway.

I keep hoping that what I saw against W&M was an aberration or some sort of fluke.They had been playing pretty good defense since the second half of the Albany game,and will have the chance to vindicate themselves against the Huskies.This next game should tell us a lot about what they're made of.A loss will be devastating,no doubt about it.I hope to go if I can figure out how to get to Parsons.

Dukie95
October 14th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks Andy...I was waiting for someone else to format it that way. :)

Villanova Rhode Island
William and Mary Delaware
Maine Hofstra

Hmm..wow..tough...
Richmond UMass

Just because they're at home, but it's anybody's game.

rcny46
October 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM
UNH (will realize the position they're in,and bounce back)

Villanova (just a better team)

Maine (they impressed me against UD,and are better than their record would indicate-capable of giving everyone in the CAA north a tough game)

Delaware (just have a feeling that they will surprise,and pull off the upset)

UMass ( UR needs this one to keep their playoff hopes alive,but I think that UMass is just a better all around team when they are playing up to their capabilities)

Ivytalk
October 14th, 2008, 09:42 AM
NU
VU
WM
UR
UMaine

What he said.xcoolx

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure there is anything New Hampshire can do to adjust their defense without completely altering their schemes. My problem with the nickel defense they perpetually play is that they are leaving 10-15 yard cushions to start between the WR's and the DB's (and yet the WR's are still getting deeper than them) and they are not getting the sufficient pass rush necessary to allow the DB's to react. I'm really excited that they can stop the run a bit better, but unfortunately, UNH cannot stop the pass. Their CB's are routinely dominated and there is never a play where the QB does not have 5-7 seconds to throw and at least an escape valve to dump to. Against W&M alone, Phillips routinely ate a sandwich in the backfield before choosing which of his 5 options to throw a guaranteed prayer to.

As an aside, I thought the key play in the game was when UNH punted on 4th and 1 when it was clear their defense was going to allow more points. It's got to be tough for the offense knowing they need to score on every possession or they will lose.

Tribe4SF
October 14th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure there is anything New Hampshire can do to adjust their defense without completely altering their schemes. My problem with the nickel defense they perpetually play is that they are leaving 10-15 yard cushions to start between the WR's and the DB's (and yet the WR's are still getting deeper than them) and they are not getting the sufficient pass rush necessary to allow the DB's to react. I'm really excited that they can stop the run a bit better, but unfortunately, UNH cannot stop the pass. Their CB's are routinely dominated and there is never a play where the QB does not have 5-7 seconds to throw and at least an escape valve to dump to. Against W&M alone, Phillips routinely ate a sandwich in the backfield before choosing which of his 5 options to throw a guaranteed prayer to.

As an aside, I thought the key play in the game was when UNH punted on 4th and 1 when it was clear their defense was going to allow more points. It's got to be tough for the offense knowing they need to score on every possession or they will lose.

I think you've under-assessed the W&M offense. Even without Phillips, they were prolific in the second half against a very good Villanova D. They have moved, and scored against everyone they've played. Grimes creates options that make things more difficult for opposing defenses this year, and the offensive line is better. Just be glad Riggins didn't play.

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2008, 10:53 AM
While I don't deny W&M has a good offense (they surely do), did you see the last drive. Phillips routinely threw prayers up in the air and W&M came up with every one of them. Sure, he did a good job of buying time, but the UNH defense was an absolute sieve.

Tribe4SF
October 14th, 2008, 11:04 AM
While I don't deny W&M has a good offense (they surely do), did you see the last drive. Phillips routinely threw prayers up in the air and W&M came up with every one of them. Sure, he did a good job of buying time, but the UNH defense was an absolute sieve.

Watched the film last night, and I didn't see any prayers. They were thrown to the right spot in the zone gaps, with the right touch. Phillips is excellent at putting the right amount of air under his throws, and his receivers and he are on the same page in reacting to coverage. Watching the other drives, completions were more in vertical seems, and his ball had more zip. That's just good offense.

jpincince
October 14th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I'm not predicting a URI win vs. 'Nova, but I don't think it'll be an easy win nor do I think Kingston will be empty. It's homecoming for URI, and the Rams have mostly played well at home so far this season. 'Nova 31, URI 30.

GeeWiz
October 14th, 2008, 12:00 PM
NU 38 UNH 31 - UNH will have problems with NU's running attack. I just think NU's to physical for UNH.

'Nova 28 URI 17 - Rhody will play the 'Cats tough in Kingston but don't have enough talent to pull off the upset

W&M 34 Delaware 21 - Impressive win by the Tribe vs. UNH and they'll keep the momentum going against the offensively challenged Blue Chickens

Maine 27 Hofstra 10 - Dirty Cubs are too strong on "D" for the Pride to make this a game.

rcny46
October 14th, 2008, 12:35 PM

What do you think is the problem with the CB's? Lack of talent,poor coaching,or is it just the wrong defensive philosophy? I don't know;maybe a combination of the three. xconfusedx

rcny46
October 14th, 2008, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=GeeWiz;1151599]NU 38 UNH 31 - UNH will have problems with NU's running attack. I just think NU's to physical for UNH

In other words,a repeat of last year's "game."

GeeWiz
October 14th, 2008, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=GeeWiz;1151599]NU 38 UNH 31 - UNH will have problems with NU's running attack. I just think NU's to physical for UNH

In other words,a repeat of last year's "game."

Well, it won't be 31-7 on Saturday, but I think we'll have success.

Kymermosst
October 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM
W&M over UD - W&M is better and UD not as great as we all wanted to think this year.
Maine over Hofstra - Maine is just less bad than Hofstra this week. Cosgrove almost looks respectable.
UNH over Northeastern - Northeastern is possibly one of the top teams in the CAA North, but UNH pulls it out.
URI over 'Nova - URI is a wildcard every week and this week they pull off a shocker in front of all 400 URI alumni.
UMass over Richmond - The head says Richmond should have an edge. They have the more impressive resume this year, and have played well against tough competition. UMass is due for a strong showing though and I think the homecoming crowd in Amherst gives them the boost to pull off another close one.

wideright82
October 14th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Delaware
Maine
UNH
VU- closer than some may think, if RI has a field anything close to what i remember from my frosh year im gonna say it takes away the speed advantage nova may have, the spread will be a little tougher to run here than on the fast field turf of some of the other venues this year. Also with a home game coming up against the #1, cats over look the rams until talley lays down a speech at halftime. (again not sure if they still have the grass field, if they have switched then i say nova by 2 tds)

Richmond- must win for the spiders, this team is going to come out fired up after the blunder against JMU (punt).

BYE - JMU sleeps through the first half against BYE and JMU cannot overcome the difference in the second half. BYE last second fg for the lock and win by 9.

jpincince
October 14th, 2008, 02:18 PM
URI's field is grass. This season at home URI has beaten Monmouth 27-24, lost to UNH 51-43, and beaten Brown 37-13.

wideright82
October 14th, 2008, 02:34 PM
URI's field is grass. This season at home URI has beaten Monmouth 27-24, lost to UNH 51-43, and beaten Brown 37-13.

thank you jp then i still hold that one as a close game. That field is fine if you have proven that you can make it rain, but when you are a team that has proven success time after time on the ground, the sand based grass of URI can be somewhat difficult. Last time nova was there was in 04, ended up being somewhat of a lopsided victory, we will see this time, but i think it is close in Rhodey

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2008, 03:30 PM
What do you think is the problem with the CB's? Lack of talent,poor coaching,or is it just the wrong defensive philosophy? I don't know;maybe a combination of the three. xconfusedx

I see a lot of people suggesting that Ryan Hinds be benched in favor of Clements and McGuiness, but I actually think Hinds is the better CB of the two we have. I don't really get hung up on where our DB's are playing, either. Clements is routinely covering TE's and WR's because our DB's don't shift with motion, so as long as he's on the field, it's fine. I suppose you could question whether guys like McGuiness, Flemings, Garron, etc. should be on the field over Vasso, but I'm not sure any are substantial upgrades. I don't think our DB talent (Klein, Clements, Vasso, Hinds and Souza) is all that bad, so my opinion is that is the scheme.

It's come to my attention that UNH has been blitzing more, though unless it is Sean Ware or Hugo Souza, it's hard to really notice an impact. My opinion is simply this: if you're going to sit back and play 15 yards of cushion on the WR's, you better be able to have a lot of guys in coverage and prevent the routine openings that the QB is likely to have after having nearly 5-7 seconds to throw. UNH (and frankly, most of FCS) do not have those types of shutdown defenders. I think it would behoove UNH to blitz as many as 6-7 defenders regularly and PRESS COVER. If the QB only has 2-3 seconds to throw, then you're not asking the defender to do anything more than play tight coverage for the brief period of time. Yeah, they might get beat occassionally, but playing this type of defense would do 1 of 2 things: it would lead to the defense being on the field for less, whether it be quick strike scores, turnovers or better defense, and it would conversely lead to the offense being on the field longer, which is undeniably UNH's strong suit. That means more points, more possessions and potentially better field position. Allowing for the offense of the opposing team to surgically move the ball down the field just to avoid the "big play" does not make a whole lot of sense. The current defense allows for as many points as the offense would like; if they want more points, just run faster plays and more plays.

The difference is simple to me, blitz heavy and blitz often. The defense CANNOT be worse than it was against W&M. If they're going to score, let them score quick and NOT wear the defense out.

Col Hogan
October 14th, 2008, 06:17 PM
W&M over UD - W&M is better and UD not as great as we all wanted to think this year.
Maine over Hofstra - Maine is just less bad than Hofstra this week. Cosgrove almost looks respectable.
UNH over Northeastern - Northeastern is possibly one of the top teams in the CAA North, but UNH pulls it out.
URI over 'Nova - URI is a wildcard every week and this week they pull off a shocker in front of all 400 URI alumni.
UMass over Richmond - The head says Richmond should have an edge. They have the more impressive resume this year, and have played well against tough competition. UMass is due for a strong showing though and I think the homecoming crowd in Amherst gives them the boost to pull off another close one.

Looks good to me...xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
October 14th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I'd need someone to write me a thesis as to how URI beats Villanova, I know it's possible but I don't see it happening...

wideright82
October 14th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I'd need someone to write me a thesis as to how URI beats Villanova, I know it's possible but I don't see it happening...

I am not sure on paper, or really in theory, but then again i guess the thesis you are looking for is in the archives from last year. It probably has some similarities to the one about us beating delaware. Believe me i am confident we will win, but i also have learned never underestimate your opponent. ESPECIALLY when going into the biggest game of your season the following week. Nova should be a 2 touchdown favorite, but on grass (sandy grass), away, and a possible oversight of the team, you don't need a thesis to explain an upset, you need 2 things. Overconfidence and underestimating.

jlcharles
October 14th, 2008, 08:08 PM
W&M over UD
Maine over Hofstra
Northeastern grinds out a close one over UNH
Nova squeaks by URI
Richmond takes out the frustration over last week's loss on UMass and wins big

Hoyadestroya85
October 14th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I am not sure on paper, or really in theory, but then again i guess the thesis you are looking for is in the archives from last year. It probably has some similarities to the one about us beating delaware. Believe me i am confident we will win, but i also have learned never underestimate your opponent. ESPECIALLY when going into the biggest game of your season the following week. Nova should be a 2 touchdown favorite, but on grass (sandy grass), away, and a possible oversight of the team, you don't need a thesis to explain an upset, you need 2 things. Overconfidence and underestimating.

I still don't think we'll overlook this team, we'll get pressure on their Quarterback and force him to make some mistakes, a lot of their weaknesses are our strengths.

wideright82
October 14th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I still don't think we'll overlook this team, we'll get pressure on their Quarterback and force him to make some mistakes, a lot of their weaknesses are our strengths.

agreed, i dont think we will overlook them either. I was merely answering your thesis question. It should be a good game, i personally am hoping for a blowout.

Hoyadestroya85
October 14th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I wanna put some touchdowns into a savings account and unleash them on JMU

wideright82
October 14th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I wanna put some touchdowns into a savings account and unleash them on JMU

rooney i like your style, we just need Tommy Lee Jones (Sam Venuto, uncanny really) to be at his best these next few weeks, cause i wanna see a playoff game at nova. I hated missing out on that in my 4 years.

jlcharles
October 14th, 2008, 10:25 PM
wideright, when did you graduate?

wideright82
October 14th, 2008, 10:59 PM
wideright, when did you graduate?

'08... fresh out

UNHWildCats
October 14th, 2008, 11:02 PM
sooo is Villanova the new San Diego?

jlcharles
October 14th, 2008, 11:06 PM

Forgive the newbies around here, but what does that mean?

UNHWildCats
October 14th, 2008, 11:08 PM
means lots of newbies joined ags when their team is doing well... just please stay sane and dont get as nutsy as the san diego fans lol

wideright82
October 14th, 2008, 11:09 PM

i think he is referring to the constant perfect weather, beautiful girls, and the great surf that is Villanova, Pa. xoopsx

no i have no clue

UNHWildCats
October 14th, 2008, 11:10 PM
i think he is referring to the constant perfect weather, beautiful girls, and the great surf that is Villanova, Pa. xoopsx

no i have no clue
if their were hot asian guys, you might catch my attention

wideright82
October 14th, 2008, 11:18 PM

you're in luck, my last comment was sarcastic. Nova is actually nothing BUT hot asian guys.

UNHWildCats
October 14th, 2008, 11:20 PM
you're in luck, my last comment was sarcastic. Nova is actually nothing BUT hot asian guys.
mayby I should change UNH to UV in my screen name .. or is it VU xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Uncle Buck
October 15th, 2008, 06:36 AM

Ah, i see. The avatar freaks me out a bit but i was always afraid to ask.

UNHWildCats
October 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Ah, i see. The avatar freaks me out a bit but i was always afraid to ask.
xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

really now?

a member since 2005... and you had no idea???

really now?

thats shocking...

REALLY?

WOW!

Hoyadestroya85
October 15th, 2008, 01:39 PM
The difference between Villanova and San Diego is that we play a tough schedule, have a historically good team, and don't gloat about our players being the best...

DB_Atlantic10
October 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Well since the Dukes are off this week... I guess I will play in the prediction games....

W&M vs UD....Man, if the Blue Hens can't create any offense, this could be a long day. The concern here is not UDs defense or W&M's offense, these two are evenly matched. But it's the UD's offense that scares me. The difference here is, how many TDs will UD's offense give W&M defense? After listening to coach Keeler on the weekly concall, he still thinks his QB is improving...... xeekx . Two things that Laycock is great at is creating QBs and DBs. I think the W&M secondary will have a field day against the UD donating passing attack. W&M by 14, the difference of two defensive returns.

Maine vs Hofstra, after seeing both of these teams play, Maine's defensive front and solid ground pounding running game will be a bit much for Hoftra's 11 guys against the offense or defense and Hofstra's short throw offensive attack. Maine by 21 with over 250 rushing yards.

Northeastern vs UNH, I think NU will win this with a solid ground control clock hogging game by keeping UNH's offense off the field. UNH may not have the solid front to stop NU's running game. I think NU wins by FG on a final defensive stop with under a min to play

Nova vs URI, coach Talley drops a grenade and Nova escapes through the smoke filled skies in a tight win on the road.

Game of the Week:
This is another situation where I've seen both of these teams play... To be honest, I think UR will create a mismatch for UMass's run stopping and blitz happy defense. UMass claims to have the best set of Corners that the CAA has to offer, well this will be their chance to prove it. UR killed JMU on their blitzes with max protect and great WR routes. UMass blitzes twice as much as the Dukes...so if Small's and company don't step it up, it's going to be a long day. Also, I think that UR has a big edge in their running game, especially against a suspect UMass run D. UR's offensive front is "MASSIVE" FBS size. On another note, I think if UMass can establish a solid run game, it will force UR to play more men on the line opening things up for Coen's passing game....mainly because UR hardly ever blitzes and usually brings a strong front four, leaving 7 back to defend the pass. If UMass can't establish the run, UR will win this going away. I think UR will win this by 10 points.

Also another thing of note, I don't know exactly when the last loss at home from UMass came, but UR's last visit there resulted in a 24-14 UR win in 2004. xrulesx

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2008, 02:28 PM
While I too think Northeastern will win, they will probably not win because they ran all over us. With the exception of one big run from Grimes last weekend, UNH is not routinely beaten on the ground. The problem is that Orio will playaction pass UNH to death.

blur2005
October 15th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Villanova Rhode Island
William & Mary Delaware
Hofstra Maine
Richmond UMass

Henwatcher
October 15th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Villanova at Rhode Island- The Wildcat defense should smother the Ram offense. Whitney & company will score as often as they want to. Villanova 38 Rhode Island 10.
William & Mary at Delaware- Laycock will easily be the best coach on the field in Newark Saturday. The Hens defense joins the offense, special teams and coaching in making it a total collapse by the 2008 squad. The Hens will be able to start celebrating another loss early Saturday evening. The Tribe 42 The Hapless Hens 3, 7, or 10.
Hofstra at Maine- Not much happening here. A rough season for the Pride gets worse. It sould be 2 games in a row for Maine where all they have to do is catch the throws from the opposing QB. Maine 20 Hofstra 10.
Richmond at Massachusetts- UR is the better team, but the best team doesn't always win. The Spiders NEED to win this one and will 24-21.
New Hampshire at Northeastern- Look for the UNH offense to pull this one out. Northeastern will keep it close but a key turnover will lead to the winning drive late in the 4th. UNH 35 Northeastern 31.

Tribe4SF
October 15th, 2008, 03:03 PM

really now?

a member since 2005... and you had no idea???

really now?

thats shocking...

REALLY?

WOW!

Feeling ignored?

Not everyone spends their every waking moment on AGS.

Umass74
October 15th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Also another thing of note, I don't know exactly when the last loss at home from UMass came, but UR's last visit there resulted in a 24-14 UR win in 2004.

UMass is 27-3 at McGuirk since 2003.

The loss to the Spiders was of Stacey Tutt. I was there. On the last play of the first half, the UMass blitz flushed him out and he ran around forever before finding an open receiver in the endzone.

I think he had over a 100 yards rushing and 100 yards passing. Tutt had like 80% of their offense. xrotatehx

wideright82
October 15th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Feeling ignored?

in his defense he does have a shirtless asian guy with paint on his body

UNHWildCats
October 15th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Feeling ignored?

lol i was just surprised that there was actually a person whos been a member for several years who didnt know.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2008, 03:26 PM

The loss to the Spiders was of Stacey Tutt. I was there. On the last play of the first half, the UMass blitz flushed him out and he ran around forever before finding an open receiver in the endzone.

I think he had over a 100 yards rushing and 100 yards passing. Tutt had like 80% of their offense. xrotatehx

I hate McGuirk xbawlingx .

GeeWiz
October 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM
While I too think Northeastern will win, they will probably not win because they ran all over us. With the exception of one big run from Grimes last weekend, UNH is not routinely beaten on the ground. The problem is that Orio will playaction pass UNH to death.

I can agree with that. I think UNH will have a problem with NU's wideouts. They're all 6-2 or taller.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I can agree with that. I think UNH will have a problem with NU's wideouts. They're all 6-2 or taller.

Oh, I'm not worried about the height. They'd have a problem with the NU wideouts if they were 5'2 and 15 years old.

URMite
October 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM

I guess that why the next year when you guys came to visit we started him at WR xeekx . That is also the last time we saw you so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. A lot has changed for both of us since then.

So who was the last team to win at McGuirk?

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I guess that why the next year when you guys came to visit we started him at WR xeekx . That is also the last time we saw you so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. A lot has changed for both of us since then.

UMass

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM

UNH won there in 2005

rcny46
October 15th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Oh, I'm not worried about the height. They'd have a problem with the NU wideouts if they were 5'2 and 15 years old.

Wow,something tells me you're taking that W&M loss harder than I am.

HensRock
October 16th, 2008, 07:36 AM

means lots of newbies joined ags when their team is doing well... just please stay sane and dont get as nutsy as the san diego fans lol

2000 UNH 6-5
2001 UNH 4-7
2002 UNH 3-8
2003 UNH 5-7
2004 UNH 10-3
Oct 2005 - UNH Starts season 4-0, UNHWildCats joins AGS

kettle,
meet pot.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 16th, 2008, 07:49 AM
2000 UNH 6-5
2001 UNH 4-7
2002 UNH 3-8
2003 UNH 5-7
2004 UNH 10-3

kettle,
meet pot.

xlolx I just spit my drink all over my monitor!

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 16th, 2008, 08:25 AM
2000 UNH 6-5
2001 UNH 4-7
2002 UNH 3-8
2003 UNH 5-7
2004 UNH 10-3

kettle,
meet pot.

ouch

WrenFGun
October 16th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Wow,something tells me you're taking that W&M loss harder than I am.

Well, it's hard not to take the worst defensive effort I've ever seen hardly. People may think I'm overreacting, but watching that defense is just embarrassing.

URMite
October 16th, 2008, 09:44 AM
UNH won there in 2005

Thanks, I was wondering how far back 16 games was...
Oh, and I set you up for the other one. xlolx

Kymermosst
October 16th, 2008, 12:15 PM

The 27-3 was coming into 2008. We're currently at 29-3.

The UNH game was 10/29/05. #4 UNH 34 - #7 UMass 28. We beat them twice in 2006 just to make up for it. xsmiley_wix

Since I had to looked in the Media Guide anyway, UMass is 13-9 all time against Richmond. However, UMass and Richmond are 5-5 at McGuirk, while it's 8-4 UMass on the road.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 16th, 2008, 12:20 PM

The UNH game was 10/29/05. #4 UNH 34 - #7 UMass 28. We beat them twice in 2006 just to make up for it. xsmiley_wix

Since I had to looked in the Media Guide anyway, UMass is 13-9 all time against Richmond. However, UMass and Richmond are 5-5 at McGuirk, while it's 8-4 UMass on the road.

Was that 2005 game UMass' last home loss?

Umass74
October 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Was that 2005 game UMass' last home loss?

Yes.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 16th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Yes.

Impressive....how's the attendance since the lights?

Old Cage
October 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Up nicely. Biggest paid since a 1974 BC game.

Last game was 16,422 versus The Hens.

URMite
October 16th, 2008, 02:15 PM

Another series where UR does better on the road. Maybe our home crowd really does toughen us up for travel. xoopsx

DB_Atlantic10
October 16th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Another series where UR does better on the road. Maybe our home crowd really does toughen us up for travel. xoopsx
I think UR plays so well on the road because they are just so happy to hear someone cheering......xlolx

URMite
October 16th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I think UR plays so well on the road because they are just so happy to hear someone cheering......xlolx

Hey now we cheer...just not very loud... don't want to disturb the neighbors. So the team is use to having to tune out the noise from obnoxious opposing fans. xwhistlex

Husky Alum
October 16th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Couple of points...

1. NU hasn't won at UMass since Eisenhower was President, I believe. We've never won at UD or W&M.

2. Mickey wants BYE in the CAA instead of NU because he likes their facilities better. However, without NU and our crappy facilities, there would be no CAA Football.

So Mickey, STFU and worry about coaching football. If coaches can't get their teams up for a game at Parsons, what does that tell you about the players and the coaches?

As one poster noted "the field hasn't changed much in 15 years" - exactly, you know what you're getting.

Here are my picks for the week...

W&M
Maine
UNH
Nova
Richmond

Menu for Homecoming....

Chicken Cacciatore
Jambalaya (Husky Alum's Annual Homecoming Dish)
Sausage and Peppers (from the garden)
UNHAlum's Bratwurst (plus whatever the other Wildcat Faithful bring)
Traditional Dogs, Burgers

Plenty of drinkables and edibles.

Dane, you in or not for this one?

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Couple of points...

1. NU hasn't won at UMass since Eisenhower was President, I believe. We've never won at UD or W&M.

2. Mickey wants BYE in the CAA instead of NU because he likes their facilities better. However, without NU and our crappy facilities, there would be no CAA Football.

So Mickey, STFU and worry about coaching football. If coaches can't get their teams up for a game at Parsons, what does that tell you about the players and the coaches?

As one poster noted "the field hasn't changed much in 15 years" - exactly, you know what you're getting.

W&M
Maine
UNH
Nova
Richmond

Menu for Homecoming....

Chicken Cacciatore

I hope to meet you at the game.

Uncle Buck
October 16th, 2008, 04:42 PM
lol i was just surprised that there was actually a person whos been a member for several years who didnt know.

I guess i never really thought of it...til the shirtless asian kid appeared.

Two things i could never be called, a bigot or a bandwagoner. xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
October 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM
2000 UNH 6-5
2001 UNH 4-7
2002 UNH 3-8
2003 UNH 5-7
2004 UNH 10-3

kettle,
meet pot.
I have explained several times about my finding AGS, certainly if I was going to join because UNH became good, I woulda joined in 2004... Had I known about AGS I would have joined a lot sooner.

WrenFGun
October 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Couple of points...

W&M
Maine
UNH
Nova
Richmond

Menu for Homecoming....

Chicken Cacciatore

UNH Alum has never provided me with Bratwurst (or his presence, for that matter). I'll be wandering around Boston in a David Ball jersey, if anyone wants to point me in the right direction.

Col Hogan
October 16th, 2008, 06:04 PM

AMEN...I've been reading this and other threads on Parsons all day but could not post...you summed up what I've been shouting at the screen...

Already made my predictions...so...carry on...xthumbsupx

Husky Alum
October 16th, 2008, 10:26 PM
UNH Alum has never provided me with Bratwurst (or his presence, for that matter). I'll be wandering around Boston in a David Ball jersey, if anyone wants to point me in the right direction.

UNHAlum can point you in the right spot. There aren't many places to Tailgate at Parsons, so he'll be hanging with me.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 17th, 2008, 08:29 AM

That's odd, my memory says that I've initiated attempts to rendez-vous at a game on multiple occasions. xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Stay tuned, you'll be getting a PM.

Kymermosst
October 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
UNHAlum can point you in the right spot. There aren't many places to Tailgate at Parsons, so he'll be hanging with me.

There are places to tailgate at Parson's?

I was there last week and the only tailgating I saw was the TV crew back in the corner.

Husky Alum
October 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
There are places to tailgate at Parson's?

I was there last week and the only tailgating I saw was the TV crew back in the corner.

Yes, there are places to tailgate at Parsons.

If you saw the TV crew back in the corner you were about 5 feet from where the 20-30 spots are to tailgate comfortably.

UNHWILDCATS05
October 17th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Couple of points...

W&M
Maine
UNH
Nova
Richmond

Menu for Homecoming....

Chicken Cacciatore

I also look forward to meeting you.

WrenFGun
October 17th, 2008, 09:59 AM
That's odd, my memory says that I've initiated attempts to rendez-vous at a game on multiple occasions. xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Stay tuned, you'll be getting a PM.

Heh. I have a penchant for arriving late to things. My roommates are likely coming, so if you see a Santos jersey and a Ball jersey standing together, it's likely us. If I get there early, though, I'll swing by the tailgating area.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Heh. I have a penchant for arriving late to things. My roommates are likely coming, so if you see a Santos jersey and a Ball jersey standing together, it's likely us. If I get there early, though, I'll swing by the tailgating area.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
You just described 50% of all attendants at UNH football games over the past 4 yearsxnodx

Put on one of these numbers and you'd stand out

V V V V

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 17th, 2008, 07:00 PM
New Hampshire 45 Northeastern 42 - Expected shoot out

Villanova 55 Rhode Island 48 - Unexpected shoot out

William and Mary 38 Delaware 13 - Bill & Mary make case for playoffs

Maine 10 Hofstra 7 - Maine in OT

Richmond 24 UMass 21 -Spidahs in OT

WrenFGun
October 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
You just described 50% of all attendants at UNH football games over the past 4 yearsxnodx

Put on one of these numbers and you'd stand out

V V V V

You'd be hard-pressed to find two as handsome as us, though. Or not.

jstclmet
October 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Wk1 8-1-1
Wk2 7-1
Wk3 7-2
Wk4 8-2
Wk5 8-0
Wk6 5-1
Wk7 4-2 Congrats to JMU & Maine for spectacular Wins. The good teams find a way to win.
47/57 - 83% I'm going to have to write Bruce Dowd and find out if his % is as high as mine ;)

While I have flinched a time or two, I've stayed true to my preseason picks. However, I'm afraid this weekend, I must admit I'm wrong about one of the teams in the CAA. Or at least I should say, I'm wrong about the progress I thought that team would make during the season. First onto the picks I'm staying with;

Richmond 24 @ UMass 28. This is no dig against UR, however on the road against a UMass team is still a pretty tough order. And UMass is not as sharp as I thought they would be this season, but they still know how to win at home. In a back and forth game, UMass scores last to seal the victory.

Nova 28 @ URI 7. Nova will probably put up the 28 by halftime and eat clock in the 2nd half. URI will be in catch-up mode all game, and probably score a gift concession TD late in the 4th qtr.

UNH 28 @ NU 24. While it's only their 2nd loss, it was still a disturbing loss @ home. The Nothern Cats are now fighting for their post season lives so there's a sense of urgency here. However the Northern Huskies don't go down easy at home. The Cats prevail, but at what cost????

Hofstra 14 @ Maine 21. HU keeps it interesting, but there's a resurgence in Maine. Could last week be the beginning of great things to come??? Maine wins at home to keep the home crowd smiling for at least another week.

tsk.....tsk....tsk.....Here we are in Wk#8, and the Sun is setting on a once proud football team and it's fans. Back on Feb 4th, I guessed UD would have some growing pains, but would get through it and at least pull out a .500 season. Back then I predicted they would beat W&M @ home 28 - 27. I'm afraid that will not be the case. UD's problems far exceed growing pains, and honestly, it's hard to prioritize what needs fixing first or the most. IMO, I would start with the O-Line, OC, QB, then RB. They've also lost defensive personnel. This game won't be pretty;
Tribe 28 @ UD 10.

Good luck

UDBlueLotFan
October 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Wk1 8-1-1
Wk2 7-1
Wk3 7-2
Wk4 8-2
Wk5 8-0
Wk6 5-1
Wk7 4-2 Congrats to JMU & Maine for spectacular Wins. The good teams find a way to win.
47/57 - 83% I'm going to have to write Bruce Dowd and find out if his % is as high as mine ;)

While I have flinched a time or two, I've stayed true to my preseason picks. However, I'm afraid this weekend, I must admit I'm wrong about one of the teams in the CAA. Or at least I should say, I'm wrong about the progress I thought that team would make during the season. First onto the picks I'm staying with;

Richmond 24 @ UMass 28. This is no dig against UR, however on the road against a UMass team is still a pretty tough order. And UMass is not as sharp as I thought they would be this season, but they still know how to win at home. In a back and forth game, UMass scores last to seal the victory.

Nova 28 @ URI 7. Nova will probably put up the 28 by halftime and eat clock in the 2nd half. URI will be in catch-up mode all game, and probably score a gift concession TD late in the 4th qtr.

UNH 28 @ NU 24. While it's only their 2nd loss, it was still a disturbing loss @ home. The Nothern Cats are now fighting for their post season lives so there's a sense of urgency here. However the Northern Huskies don't go down easy at home. The Cats prevail, but at what cost????

Hofstra 14 @ Maine 21. HU keeps it interesting, but there's a resurgence in Maine. Could last week be the beginning of great things to come??? Maine wins at home to keep the home crowd smiling for at least another week.

tsk.....tsk....tsk.....Here we are in Wk#8, and the Sun is setting on a once proud football team and it's fans. Back on Feb 4th, I guessed UD would have some growing pains, but would get through it and at least pull out a .500 season. Back then I predicted they would beat W&M @ home 28 - 27. I'm afraid that will not be the case. UD's problems far exceed growing pains, and honestly, it's hard to prioritize what needs fixing first or the most. IMO, I would start with the O-Line, OC, QB, then RB. They've also lost defensive personnel. This game won't be pretty;
Tribe 28 @ UD 10.

Good luck

Thanks for the kind words xsmiley_wix xlolx

aust42
October 17th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Tribe 28 @ UD 10.

Good luck

The only problem we have is our QB play. When the QB cannot pass and throws several INT's per game it's an easy defensive game plan. Teams stack against the run and dare you to pass which is the case of late with Delaware. Our young O-line played great against Maryland the 1st game and we have the same personel at WR/TE last year and RB is a plug and play position. We have plenty of talent at RB. Our Defense is ranked 3rd (I think) in scoring defense at 18 points per game despite TWO INT's returned for TD's which skews that stat. Unless Shoenhoft suddenly matures and starts playing well we will continue to lose games b/c KC Keelers offense is completely dependent on how good the QB is.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Wk1 8-1-1
Wk2 7-1
Wk3 7-2
Wk4 8-2
Wk5 8-0
Wk6 5-1

Tribe 28 @ UD 10.

Good luck

I am looking forward to see the Hen fans slaughter you when the tide turns ... and we all know it will. Probably much sooner than you realize.

jlcharles
October 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I am looking forward to see the Hen fans slaughter you when the tide turns ... and we all know it will. Probably much sooner than you realize.

You mean like they were supposed to last year?

madisonfan87
October 18th, 2008, 05:38 PM
UNH
Nova
Maine
Richmond

PERFECT if I do say so myself. xsmiley_wix

Uncle Buck
October 18th, 2008, 05:44 PM

That's because we suck! xnodx

madisonfan87
October 18th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Ill be honest you guys put on a better show than I thought you guys would and that deserves some credit.

Uncle Buck
October 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Ill be honest you guys put on a better show than I thought you guys would and that deserves some credit.

Sun shines on every dog's a$$ once in a while xsmiley_wix

Okay, in all fairness though, we were very competitive which was at least nice to see. Especially with the extra injuries we picked up and having a true frosh at QB.

Jackman
October 18th, 2008, 05:58 PM
You lose a half point for thinking Delaware had a chance.

93henfan
October 18th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Post conservation in effect...

My predictions for Weeks 9-13 for Delaware:

Close Loss
Close Loss
Blowout Loss
Blowout Loss
Blowout Loss

madisonfan87
October 18th, 2008, 06:01 PM
You lose a half point for thinking Delaware had a chance.

Deal, lol. I went to the game and was having wishful thinking.

UNHWildCats
October 18th, 2008, 06:58 PM
New Hampshire
Villanova
WM
Maine
Richmond

UNH
Nova
Maine
Richmond

Oh heck.

New Hampshire 42 - Northeastern 35
Villanova 38 - Rhode Island 10
William and Mary 28 - Delaware 10
Maine 24 - Hofstra 7
Richmond 35 - UMass 31

I just think its bad to pick against ur team :p

Villanova Rhode Island
William & Mary Delaware
Hofstra Maine
Richmond UMass

Villanova at Rhode Island- The Wildcat defense should smother the Ram offense. Whitney & company will score as often as they want to. Villanova 38 Rhode Island 10.
William & Mary at Delaware- Laycock will easily be the best coach on the field in Newark Saturday. The Hens defense joins the offense, special teams and coaching in making it a total collapse by the 2008 squad. The Hens will be able to start celebrating another loss early Saturday evening. The Tribe 42 The Hapless Hens 3, 7, or 10.
Hofstra at Maine- Not much happening here. A rough season for the Pride gets worse. It sould be 2 games in a row for Maine where all they have to do is catch the throws from the opposing QB. Maine 20 Hofstra 10.
Richmond at Massachusetts- UR is the better team, but the best team doesn't always win. The Spiders NEED to win this one and will 24-21.
New Hampshire at Northeastern- Look for the UNH offense to pull this one out. Northeastern will keep it close but a key turnover will lead to the winning drive late in the 4th. UNH 35 Northeastern 31.

Couple of points...

W&M
Maine
UNH
Nova
Richmond

Menu for Homecoming....

Chicken Cacciatore

New Hampshire 45 Northeastern 42 - Expected shoot out

Villanova 55 Rhode Island 48 - Unexpected shoot out

William and Mary 38 Delaware 13 - Bill & Mary make case for playoffs

Maine 10 Hofstra 7 - Maine in OT

Richmond 24 UMass 21 -Spidahs in OT

Congrats guys on the picks this week

jlcharles
October 18th, 2008, 07:22 PM
W&M over UD
Maine over Hofstra
Northeastern grinds out a close one over UNH
Nova squeaks by URI
Richmond takes out the frustration over last week's loss on UMass and wins big

Good job UNH and Richmond. xthumbsupx

Richmond has a pretty favorable schedule from here on out, minus playing at W&M (although I doubt you guys have the history we do in Williamsburg). I'm expecting a playoff berth from you guys.

Man, I can't wait until Saturday. Bring on the Dukes. :)

smcwildcat
October 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM
thanks and thank you guys for beating umass soo glad they have 3 losses

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 19th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Couple of points...

W&M
Maine
UNH
Nova
Richmond

Menu for Homecoming....

Chicken Cacciatore

The Jambalaya was exellent!!!xthumbsupx

Thanks for showing some wildcat fans a great time.

madisonfan87
October 19th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Post conservation in effect...

My predictions for Weeks 9-13 for Delaware:

Close Loss
Close Loss
Blowout Loss
Blowout Loss
Blowout Loss

So your actually predicting the Hens to lose to JMU only slightly yet to Towson greatly?

th0m
October 19th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Ha I was thinking the same thing. I understand that the Towson game may not be close, UD for some reason always has trouble with Towson, but I don't see you having trouble with Towson and not with us. But hey, that's what we play the games for.

89Hen
October 19th, 2008, 06:54 PM
New Hampshire 42 - Northeastern 35 (33-21) xthumbsupx
Villanova 38 - Rhode Island 10 (44-7) xthumbsupx
William and Mary 28 - Delaware 10 (27-3) xthumbsupx
Maine 24 - Hofstra 7 (41-40) xeyebrowx
Richmond 35 - UMass 31 (30-15) xeyebrowx

UNHWILDCATS05
October 20th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Couple of points...

W&M
Maine
UNH
Nova
Richmond

Menu for Homecoming....

Chicken Cacciatore

Great time!!!! Thanks again!!!

and on a sidenote - the hockey game sat. night must have been a blast and Mathews must have been rockin!!!