PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Best 1-loss Team?

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Out of the AGS week 7 Top-25 ranked teams, who is the best team with one loss?

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 02:47 PM
You only needed one option.

th0m
October 13th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Can we not just redirect this thread to the AGS poll?

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 02:50 PM
You only needed one option.

People these days love options xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
October 13th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I love options too, I chose to pick the correct answer. xlolx

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 02:52 PM
People these days love elimination games xthumbsupx

JMU +
Everybody else -

bandl
October 13th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I think all the AGS voters already voted on this...

griz8791
October 13th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I think all the AGS voters already voted on this...

I take a week off from AGS and when I come back bandl has another kick-ass avatar.

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2008, 03:07 PM
A poll on the best 2-loss team might be more interesting.

Black Saturday
October 13th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Out of the AGS week 7 Top-25 ranked teams, who is the best team with one loss?

JMU hands down no argument needed if you have any football IQ at all.xnodx

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 03:09 PM

Go ahead and start one

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 03:11 PM

I think that ones a run-away too...xwhistlex

(But UNI MIGHT give App a run for their money)

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Best 0 loss teams?

1. Liberty
2. Sacred Heart
3. San Diego

Nobody else left.

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Best 0 loss teams?

1. Liberty
2. Sacred Heart
3. San Diego

Nobody else left.

Hopefully that ends soon.

Dukie95
PhoenixPhan06, You could have saved yourself some grief by simply starting a thread that goes something like this:

Elon's better than JMU

Clearly one other person would have agreed.

skinny_uncle
Go ahead and start one
There are twenty teams left with 2 losses. I'm not in the mood for that much typing.

Black Saturday
October 13th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I think that ones a run-away too...xwhistlex

(But UNI MIGHT give App a run for their money)

You might as well add that UNI gives JMU a run as well if that is your thinking.

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 03:40 PM
You might as well add that UNI gives JMU a run as well if that is your thinking.

But JMU's not a two loss team?xconfusedx

My only point was that ASU probably easily wins a poll for the best two loss team, but some people might vote UNI. That's all. Did you read the post I was responding to?

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM
PhoenixPhan06, You could have saved yourself some grief by simply starting a thread that goes something like this:

Elon's better than JMU

Clearly one other person would have agreed.

I voted for JMU in this one. I wanted to see how everyone else saw the rest of the one loss teams. Until JMU looses another game, they should have the top spot. The next few weeks are full of big games pitting one less teams against each other so this should be a pretty fluid poll week to week.

wideright82
October 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM
just to be clear... a team can lose.... they have lost.... they can have a loss... or a number of losses.... now if one loses to someone else that is fine too. I am really not just trying to be a dick here, but just today alone i have seen the word "looses" a number of times. Sorry rant over, just a question, how would UNH deserve a thought for best 1-loss team in the nation. They are acutally one of the few with a loss at the FCS level, and to a previously unranked foe. Just find that there is at least ONE other team that could be considered better (see JMU).

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 04:10 PM
just to be clear... a team can lose.... they have lost.... they can have a loss... or a number of losses.... now if one loses to someone else that is fine too. I am really not just trying to be a dick here, but just today alone i have seen the word "looses" a number of times. Sorry rant over, just a question, how would UNH deserve a thought for best 1-loss team in the nation. They are acutally one of the few with a loss at the FCS level, and to a previously unranked foe. Just find that there is at least ONE other team that could be considered better (see JMU).

I appreciate your grammatical integrity. But you will not do well here if this is your attitude. I would go ahead and block this site now.

Eight Legger
October 13th, 2008, 04:11 PM
A better question would be who is the best one-FCS-loss team?

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
A better question would be who is the best one-FCS-loss team?

Yep. I thought that was what this was going to be...

Dukie95
October 13th, 2008, 04:13 PM

Since you're perfect, what does acutally mean? I'm not familiar with that word.

Eight Legger
October 13th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I think Villanova, Wofford and Elon are all very close. Anxious to see who wins that Elon-Wofford game. Where is it being played?

wideright82
October 13th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Since you're perfect, what does acutally mean? I'm not familiar with that word.

first of all I'd like to reiterate my point that i was not trying to be a dick, and it was actually not for the person who said it above me. Usually that is a common typographical error, just using 2 o's, but I have been seeing it a lot, so i apologize for any lack of respect i may have given off, but that was not my intent. And well played dukie, well played sir indeed, always have to make sure you don't do anything typographical when correcting someone else xbangx . Also my question was just a curiosity point, may have been taken the wrong way, but if i do stay around and do not "block" this site, you'll soon realize i am merely trying to learn more about all of your knowledge for i feel mine is lacking. I enjoy seeing different view points from people who have been doing this for longer in order to get a more developed opinion for myself. Not looking to just boast about my team (Villanova- no bandwagon here) and really wouldn't mind someone overlooking my grammatical rant (again my bad) and answering my question about what are some reasons to put UNH ahead of JMU as best one loss team.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I think Villanova, Wofford and Elon are all very close. Anxious to see who wins that Elon-Wofford game. Where is it being played?

Elon, but Wofford has played better on the road in the past couple years. (Just keep in mind)

Go...gate
October 13th, 2008, 06:11 PM
JMU. The playoffs are looking wide-open this year.

PhoenixPhan06
October 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM

It should be one of the biggest games in the SoCon this season! It'll be in Elon at Rhodes Stadium infront of a sell out crowd (not confirmed yet but hopefull). The game is set to be televised on Sports South so if you can't make it hopefully you'll be able to tune in to a potential Top 5 matchup.