13. Central Arkansas Bears (5-1)
14. Liberty Flames (6-0)
15. Western Illinois Leathernecks (4-2)
16. Southern Illinois Salukis (3-2)
17. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (5-1)
18. Weber State Wildcats (5-2)
19. Furman Paladins (5-2)
20. North Dakota State Bison (3-3)
21. South Dakota State Jackrabbits (3-3)
22. Tennessee State Tigers (5-1)
23. Jacksonville State Gamecocks (4-2)
24. The Citadel Bulldogs (3-3)
25. Hampton Pirates (4-1)

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2008, 01:42 PM
3 of the top 4 are Socon teams. If Wofford runs the table in the next three weeks we could have an outside chance of a leapfroging #1 (but that's a long way away).

DOME
October 13th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Seriously, how is a 3 - 3 NDSU team still in the top 20...

danefan
October 13th, 2008, 01:51 PM
1. James Madison Dukes (6-1)
2. Appalachian State Mountaineers (4-2)
3. Elon Phoenix (6-1)
4. Wofford Terriers (4-1)
5. Cal Poly Mustangs (3-1)
6. Northern Iowa Panthers (4-2)
7. Villanova Wildcats (4-1)
8. Montana Grizzlies (5-1)
9. Richmond Spiders (4-3)
10. Massachusetts Minutemen (4-2)
11. New Hampshire Wildcats (4-1)
12. McNeese State Cowboys (3-2)
14. Liberty Flames (6-0)

Others receiving votes: William & Mary 129, Harvard 100, South Carolina State 97, Texas State 81, Eastern Washington 78, Georgia Southen 61, Sam Houston State 60, San Diego 38, Lafayette 29, Tennessee-Martin 25, Delaware 24, Eastern Kentucky 22, Prairie View 21, Northwestern State 17, Grambling 13, UC Davis 12, Colgate 11, Princeton 11, Sacred Heart 11, Eastern Illinois 10, Maine 10, Cornell 9, North Dakota 9, Southern 7, Yale 6, Northeastern 6, Montana State 5, Florida A&M 4, Delaware State 1, Penn 1.

FargoBison
October 13th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Seriously, how is a 3 - 3 NDSU team still in the top 20 after two straigh losses at home?

One straight loss at home, we beat SIU.

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM
3. Elon Phoenix (6-1)
14. Liberty Flames (6-0)

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx Go Phoenix xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

Anovafan
October 13th, 2008, 01:55 PM
What happens to Richmond if they lose this week and are 4-4? You know TSN will still have them in the top 25, as would many voters here I suspect.

Tribe4SF
Weber State's placement is ridiculous. Montana was beaten soundly by them, and they had two strong showings against FBS schools, while Montana struggled mightily to beat a D-II, and has a victory over what now appears to be a very ordinary EWU squad.

Bruce Dowd will have a field day with this weeks polls.

skinny_uncle
One straight loss at home, we beat SIU.
One loss at home for the season. The other two were road games.

danefan
3. Elon Phoenix (6-1)
14. Liberty Flames (6-0)

Others receiving votes: William & Mary 129, Harvard 100, South Carolina State 97, Texas State 81, Eastern Washington 78, Georgia Southen 61, Sam Houston State 60, San Diego 38, Lafayette 29, Tennessee-Martin 25, Delaware 24, Eastern Kentucky 22, Prairie View 21, Northwestern State 17, Grambling 13, UC Davis 12, Colgate 11, Princeton 11, Sacred Heart 11, Eastern Illinois 10, Maine 10, Cornell 9, North Dakota 9, Southern 7, Yale 6, Northeastern 6, Montana State 5, Florida A&M 4, Delaware State 1, Penn 1.

God, I hope Albany schedules all patsy's next year.

th0m
October 13th, 2008, 01:56 PM
3 of the top 4 are Socon teams. If Wofford runs the table in the next three weeks we could have an outside chance of a leapfroging #1 (but that's a long way away).

If both Wofford and JMU win out though, I don't see them leapfrogging JMU.

We'd have ASU, UMass, Richmond, Villanova.
You'd have ASU, Elon, Furman, The Citadel.

Four top 10 (actually 3 top 5 and a top 10) vs. 2 top 5 and two top 25. And this is without me counting a W&M who is ranked at the moment in the AGS poll (but may or may not be ranked by the time we play them).

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2008, 02:00 PM
If both Wofford and JMU win out though, I don't see them leapfrogging JMU.

I just think it would be interesting to watch what the voters think.

appfan2008
October 13th, 2008, 02:14 PM
3 of the top 4 for socon is a bit much even for a socon guy...

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I just think it would be interesting to watch what the voters think.

In all fairness the term "woofed' originated for a reason. History does repeat itself.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2008, 02:16 PM

HERESY

RazorEdge19
October 13th, 2008, 02:17 PM

How's that? It may be hard to fathom, but it certainly is very possible...

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 02:29 PM

If you guys take care of GSU this week then the SoCon should have the same if not better rankings.

Syntax Error
October 13th, 2008, 02:44 PM
#1 vote for App St?

FurmanPaladins4138
October 13th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I'm very impressed by the Socon having 3 of the top 4. I wonder if any conference has ever done that?

SpiderFan
October 13th, 2008, 02:57 PM
This is why I can't stand Coulson--the guy doesn't even do the simplest homework before he puts in an article:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4185047

If he had even bothered to open the Sunday paper from Richmond he would have read that Coach London didn't make a rookie mistake--in fact he told the punter to punt away from McGee, geez even simple fans found that piece of information.

Big Dawg
October 13th, 2008, 03:24 PM
How the hell do we continue to lose votes after every win??? We beat the #22 ranked TSU Tigers when they ranked #23 and STILL lost votes...WTF???

LUfilmguy
October 13th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Just a random observation... If cal Poly loses to UW and ANY other team on their schedule they will no longer be playoff eligible. (Not enough DI wins) SDSU needs to beat them THIS WEEK!

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 03:36 PM
This is why I can't stand Coulson--the guy doesn't even do the simplest homework before he puts in an article:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4185047

If he had even bothered to open the Sunday paper from Richmond he would have read that Coach London didn't make a rookie mistake--in fact he told the punter to punt away from McGee, geez even simple fans found that piece of information.

Isn't UR 4-3, not 5-3?

With a 5-3 record now, Richmond must negotiate a schedule that includes a trip this Saturday to No. 13 Massachusetts, a non-conference game against Georgetown, a pair of other Colonial Athletic Association road swings to Hofstra and William & Mary and a home contest against Delaware without a loss just to be in position for an at-large playoff bid.

Ronbo
October 13th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Weber State's placement is ridiculous. Montana was beaten soundly by them, and they had two strong showings against FBS schools, while Montana struggled mightily to beat a D-II, and has a victory over what now appears to be a very ordinary EWU squad.

Geeezus there is always someone complaining about us. You people take the cake. If it isn't 25 east coast teams all the time???? You biaach about Montana constantly. An East Coast loses and drops 2, Montana loses and drops 9. We get a big win on the road and go up 3.

As for the game with Weber State the stats were dead even. We had 4 turnovers and lost by 17. Take out those 4 turnovers and the outcome could have been much different. Also we beat #3 Cal Poly at SLO, what credit for that? Quit bitching about Montana, we get over punished for losing and under rewarded for winning.

Why don't you F'ers just get it over with and just vote all the Western teams out of the top 25. After all we are just another Pioneer League out here right.

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Geeezus there is always someone complaining about us. You people take the cake. If it isn't 25 east coast teams all the time???? You biaach about Montana constantly. An East Coast loses and drops 2, Montana loses and drops 9. We get a big win on the road and go up 3.

As for the game with Weber State the stats were dead even. We had 4 turnovers and lost by 17. Take out those 4 turnovers and the outcome could have been much different. Also we beat #3 Cal Poly at SLO, what credit for that? Quit bitching about Montana, we get over punished for losing and under rewarded for winning.

Why don't you F'ers just get it over with and just vote all the Western teams out of the top 25. After all we are just another Pioneer League out here right.

Holy crap - Howard Dean is a griz fan. http://www.uncorrelated.com/deanScream.jpg

Still, this year Ronbo is right, though he is fighting history.

MSUfan2010
October 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Seriously, how is a 3 - 3 NDSU team still in the top 20...

Because a 3-3 NDSU is still better than a lot of 4-2 or 5-1 teams. xthumbsupx

RabidRabbit
October 13th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Because a 3-3 NDSU is still better than a lot of 4-2 or 5-1 teams. xthumbsupx

With a 96 year history with the Plains Bovine xsmiley_wix I think I'd prefer SDSU chances against Liberty or TN St than wrestling a win in Fargo xbangx xbangx 46 years, and 25? straight losses up there. With that said, Jacks/Bison are 2-2 since transition started, and each won GWFC title and Dakota Marker in these match-ups.xthumbsupx

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I don't get it.

We beat Y'Town in Stambaugh.
They didn't.

So why is there this constant crap about us not being able to hang?

Savage Paw
October 13th, 2008, 05:35 PM
The Griz remain overrated..............but Ronbo is right about East Coast bias.

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2008, 06:14 PM

I think voters mjust disagree on the best team in the SOCON.

MacThor
October 13th, 2008, 06:23 PM
What happens to Richmond if they lose this week and are 4-4? You know TSN will still have them in the top 25, as would many voters here I suspect.

Would you? I'm admittedly biased, but I think I'd rank any team whose 4 losses are all against FBS or Top 10 competition, with only one game at home (against #1), and four dominant wins (including AT #3).

Five games (four away) against Top 10/FBS....out of 8. That's a brutal schedule.

But that's all hypothetical - let's just hope they beat UMass and make it moot.

Villanova should be ahead of UR in every poll, no doubt.

DSUrocks07
October 13th, 2008, 06:35 PM
How the hell do we continue to lose votes after every win??? We beat the #22 ranked TSU Tigers when they ranked #23 and STILL lost votes...WTF???

Agreed I don't understand it either...I want to know the guy who keeps giving us one vote @ #25 xlolx

BDKJMU
October 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM
When the #1 team plays the #5 team, it should be #5 losing in a close one if the polls have it right. Thats EXACTLY what what you had with JMU @ UR. Therefore, UR shouldn't have dropped ANY after losing to JMU.

Nova should be ahead of UR, as they won head to head, and have only one loss, @ WVU.

And there is no logical way Elon should remain ahead of UR when UR thumped Elon 28-10 AT Elon.

Therefore any polls should have regarding the order of Nova, UR, Elon:
-Nova
-UR
-Elon

And just as a disclaimer, my girlfriend is an Elon grad.xthumbsupx

Chi Panther
October 13th, 2008, 09:08 PM

Same could be said for WIU...

GolfingGriz
October 14th, 2008, 12:30 AM
When the #1 team plays the #5 team, it should be #5 losing in a close one if the polls have it right. Thats EXACTLY what what you had with JMU @ UR. Therefore, UR shouldn't have dropped ANY after losing to JMU.

Nova should be ahead of UR, as they won head to head, and have only one loss, @ WVU.

And there is no logical way Elon should remain ahead of UR when UR thumped Elon 28-10 AT Elon.

-Nova
-UR
-Elon

Polls can never be completely accurate. Thats why we play it out at the end of the year.

mlbowl
October 14th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Would you? I'm admittedly biased, but I think I'd rank any team whose 4 losses are all against FBS or Top 10 competition, with only one game at home (against #1), and four dominant wins (including AT #3).

Five games (four away) against Top 10/FBS....out of 8. That's a brutal schedule.

...but Eastern Washington is "ordinary" or "bad" with their losses coming from Texas Tech, Colorado(a game that they led most of the way), & Montana...RIDICULOUS!

uofmman1122
October 14th, 2008, 02:24 AM
...but Eastern Washington is "ordinary" or "bad" with their losses coming from Texas Tech, Colorado(a game that they led most of the way), & Montana...RIDICULOUS!Well....They did lose to Portland State, too.

gophoenix
October 14th, 2008, 03:15 AM

-Nova
-UR
-Elon

But that is a stupid line of reasoning. So basically, any upset should always be represented in the polls. So if App goes and loses to say, UTC, then App should be ranked below UTC?

Human Polls are exactly what they are, they are a combination of cumulative season results with an emphasis on the now, rather than the past. Richmond is a good team, good teams will fluctuate when they lose and rise again if they continue to win again. The polls are supposed to show who is good and winning in the present, not who was good and winning 7 weeks ago.

th0m
October 14th, 2008, 03:47 AM
I agree with gophoenix on this one. Although I do think Villanova should be ranked ahead of Elon, Elon is rightfully ranked ahead of Richmond.

gophoenix
October 14th, 2008, 05:25 AM
I agree with gophoenix on this one. Although I do think Villanova should be ranked ahead of Elon, Elon is rightfully ranked ahead of Richmond.

And I can pronounce Groningen too!

th0m
October 14th, 2008, 06:38 AM
And I can pronounce Groningen too!

Haha good for you ;) Your cookie is in the mail and will hopefully arrive in India just before it decomposes xlolx

HensRock
October 14th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Sorry, I think Elon is overated.
Who have they beaten?
...And Who has anyone they've beaten beaten?

Do you honestly think Elon is now better than Richmond?
Where you missing some key players in that game?
Is Richmond missing some key players now?

gophoenix
October 14th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Who have they beaten?

Interesting coming from a Delaware fan this year.

Dukie95
October 14th, 2008, 07:41 AM

Why is his opinion any less relevant than anyone else's?

gophoenix
October 14th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Why is his opinion any less relevant than anyone else's?

I didn't say it did. I just said it was interesting.

grayghost06
October 14th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I'm actually impressed that the non AGS polls have Elon and Wofford ranked so high. Let's face it...the "Montana Factor" usually favors name brand teams and both of those SoCon teams are really unknown to most of the non AGS world. Whether they are better or not, most writers have heard of Richmond, Furman, Montana etc. No slight intended, but the mainstream media had a field day last year with ASU beating Michigan and then losing to " a Wofford ". Woffy and Elon are new kids on the FCS block and given their relative short history in this subdivision, have done a great job with their programs. Kinda puts to shame those schools with 100 yrs of Div 1 experience behind them that can't produce winning teams.

PhoenixPhan06
October 14th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Who have they beaten?

The Top 5 ranking is justified IMO. At 6-1, half of our wins have come against FCS ranked opponents (GSU, Furman, and The Citadel). We may not win every game by a huge margin, but we've won every game since the Richmond game (6 straight).

I won't say that we're a better team than Richmond right now, but at this point, we've played better through 7 games. The UR @ Elon game was the first game of the season and anyone can tell you that teams are different, some for the better, some for the worse as the season progresses. If we were to replay that game today, it would be much closer than 28-10 and we may be able to win if we win the turnover battle.

Since the game will not and cannot be replayed, we can only assess both teams on what they've done so far this season, and as I said before, we have done a better job in the games after Richmond than Richmond has done after Elon.

ElonPride
October 14th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Who have they beaten?

As my fellow Elon fan expressed, Elon has beaten 3 ranked teams in 4 weeks. Two of those wins have come on the road, with one of those wins coming against a team that has only lost 25 home games in their history! Is Elon overrated? Possibly, but currently the ranking is justified and Elon SHOULD be in the top 10.

Dukie95
October 14th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Over the same 4 week period, UR has played two higher ranked teams than those and lost them both.

I haven't seen enough compelling evidence to support that if they played identical schedules, either...

- Elon would have done better than UR
- Richmond would have done worse than Elon

So, all I can do is go back to the head-to-head that puts UR over Elon.

I can only assume you're talking about GASO as the team that has only lost 25 home games in their history. I wouldn't hang my hat on that either, since Wofford won there this year and CAA's Northeastern (where are they ranked?) took them to overtime on the same field.

Elon's a quality team and I don't think people are arguing that Elon doesn't belong in the top 10, there are many that just don't understand why Elon's ahead of both UR and Nova.

HensRock
October 14th, 2008, 09:07 AM

Interesting comment - comming from an Elon fan.

I don't beleive my post mentioned anything about Delaware.
Incidentally, I do not think Delaware is over-rated nor under-rated in the polls this week. Not that it has anything to do with my opinion of Elon's ranking.

BTW, you haven't answered my question.
Who have the teams they've beaten beaten?

GSU beat unranked Northeastern in Statesboro and took OT to do it after NU controlled most of the game.
They also beat UTC and Austin Peay.

Furman beat a pathetic and currently unranked Delaware team by 2 points in Greenville in a sloppy game by both teams.
They also beat UTC, Colgate, Western Carolina, and Div II Mars Hill.

The Citadel has beaten powerhouses Webber Intl., Princeton, and Western Carolina.

These are the "ranked" teams you are hanging Elon's hat on?

ElonPride
October 14th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Interesting comment - comming from an Elon fan.

I don't beleive my post mentioned anything about Delaware.
Incidentally, I do not think Delaware is over-rated nor under-rated in the polls this week. Not that it has anything to do with my opinion of Elon's ranking.

BTW, you haven't answered my question.
Who have the teams they've beaten beaten?

GSU beat unranked Northeastern in Statesboro and took OT to do it after NU controlled most of the game.
They also beat UTC and Austin Peay.

Furman beat a pathetic and currently unranked Delaware team by 2 points in Greenville in a sloppy game by both teams.
They also beat UTC, Colgate, Western Carolina, and Div II Mars Hill.

The Citadel has beaten powerhouses Webber Intl., Princeton, and Western Carolina.

These are the "ranked" teams you are hanging Elon's hat on?

Ok then....Elon is sitting in first of one of the nation's top rated conferences. Once again, Elon's big wins have come on the road. At The Citadel on (El Cid fans, correct me if I'm wrong) "ring day." That's a tough environment to play. GSU, well, take any team out of the CAA and go play AT Paulson. Samford, very underrated team. Played App tough, played Elon tough. They have one of FCS's top RBs and a Heisman Trophy winner as a coach. The Stoney Brook game was played during a monsoon, and 6 inces of rain. Any team, especailly a passing team, that can go on the road and come out with a win in those conidtions should consider it a quality win.

Should Elon be ranked above Richmond? Yes. 6-1 overall, 4-0 in one of the toughest conferences. And by the way, Furman beat Del by 2. Elon beat Furman by 21.

Three of Richmond's wins have come against "powerhouses" Maine, VMI, Towson and a loss to a TERRIBLE UVA team. I am by no means saying Richmond isn't good, they were actually my preseason pick to go the distance.

FCS Go!
October 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I don't get it.

We beat Y'Town in Stambaugh.
They didn't.

So why is there this constant crap about us not being able to hang?

Check your schedule and you'll find the answer.

ToTheLeft
October 14th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Check your schedule and you'll find the answer.

I checked NDSU's schedule and know what I found?

Losses.

I checked LU's schedule and know what I found?

Wins. All of them wins. One against a common opponent at the same location (on the road)

You can argue so many other things about LU Football, but you just don't have grounds to compare them to NDSU and say NDSU is better. If anything, the schedules show that LU is better.

MacThor
October 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Since the game will not and cannot be replayed, we can only assess both teams on what they've done so far this season, and as I said before, we have done a better job in the games after Richmond than Richmond has done after Elon.

If Richmond had Elon's schedule since their showdown, they very well could be 7-0. If Elon had Richmond's schedule since, they very likely would be 3-4.

pbr1893
October 14th, 2008, 11:49 AM

I think its possible that both App and Richmond could and should make the playoffs with 8-4 records.
App has a tough road and they might have a couple of close hiccups(losses) ahead of them, same goes for richmond who should have beaten JMU. If you do lose, lose early in the year. One thing for sure is that fans who pull against the Richmonds and the Apps making the playoffs because of a not so stellar record would still hate to play either of them in an opening round!

ToTheLeft
October 14th, 2008, 11:56 AM
You have to win, tho. Being a good team with a good schedule is fine and all, but to be the best you have to win!

I don't see how you could claim to be one of the 25 best teams in the nation if you only win half your games.

BisonBacker
October 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM
You have to win, tho. Being a good team with a good schedule is fine and all, but to be the best you have to win!

I don't see how you could claim to be one of the 25 best teams in the nation if you only win half your games.

Thank you for all the posting you have done on this subject, all the incessant bitching you have done and referring to NDSU as refuse (which I see you went back and changed) has made me look a bit closer at your team and schedule. Before I go on let me tell you I didn't even put NDSU in my top 25 this last week and I have Liberty in the top 15. That will change after looking even closer at your competition (shame on me for not doing so in the first place).
You beat N. Greenville (whoever the hell they are) which has an awesome record of 1 win against 6 losses.
You beat Glenville State ( whoever the hell they are) who has an awesome record of 4-3 against a bunch of nobodies.
You beat Western Carolina who is 2-5
You beat YSU which is the big feather in your cap and they are 2-5 Congrats
You beat Coastal Carolina which is 3-4
And Congratulations you beat the power house Stony Brook which has the awesome record of 1-5

I think you better quit your whining and consider yourself lucky that your rated as high as you are. I know one things for dam sure, next week I'll be taking a good hard look at where you really belong in the rankings. I know I had you way to dam high. Thanks for making me do my homework I can now place you closer to San Diego where you belong.

ToTheLeft
October 14th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Alright, first of all, the fact that you "didn't do your homework" speaks to how well you prepare for the AGS poll.

Second, taking it out on Liberty because you can't handle me being right is probably the biggest joke I've seen in a long time.

We beat YSU, yeah. And you LOST to them. Can you please, please reconcile this with how you claim LU couldn't hang with NDSU?

If you decide to make your ballot about knocking down teams that have fans that prove you wrong, go ahead. Make the AGS poll worthless. Set a horrible precedent.

We are nothing like San Diego. We play teams that give out Schollys. We win away from home. This week, we play Lafayette... they're 10 times better than anyone on SD's schedule.

But keep hating. And be sure to check us out on TV sometime. See what real football looks like.

danefan
October 14th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Alright, first of all, the fact that you "didn't do your homework" speaks to how well you prepare for the AGS poll.

Second, taking it out on Liberty because you can't handle me being right is probably the biggest joke I've seen in a long time.

We beat YSU, yeah. And you LOST to them. Can you please, please reconcile this with how you claim LU couldn't hang with NDSU?

If you decide to make your ballot about knocking down teams that have fans that prove you wrong, go ahead. Make the AGS poll worthless. Set a horrible precedent.

We are nothing like San Diego. We play teams that give out Schollys. We win away from home. This week, we play Lafayette... they're 10 times better than anyone on SD's schedule.

But keep hating. And be sure to check us out on TV sometime. See what real football looks like.

You have a huge flaw in your argument here.
You need to start showing that the teams Liberty plays are better then the teams that San Diego plays. Saying we beat a team that gives out scholarships means nothing to anyone.

Stony Brook gives out scholarships and they suck right now. Scholarships DO NOT EQUAL GOOD all of the time.

whoanellie
October 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM

If so they UofR will have that quality win over Elon xsmiley_wix xcoolx

I's still a half a season to play.

BisonBacker
October 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM

OMFG this is so funny. You beat up two DII's Big fricken woopty doo. You have played and beat one team with a winning record. Come back and talk to me after you play Elon and get your asses handed to you. Until then you don't have anything to squak about. Oh and yes even as down as NDSU is this year we would still hand you a loss. Sorry if you let facts get in the way of your being a homer but crying about your ranking won't fly here. xnonox

MSUBear42
October 14th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I just wonder why WIU is still not getting much respect.

ToTheLeft
October 14th, 2008, 01:04 PM
<3

I really don't think NDSU is worse than LU. The transitive property doesn't work in football.

I just like playing devils advocate.

I also like seeing you get riled up. :)

That being said, I am pulling for NDSU. I like both the Dakota State schools, they have something about them that I like... I dunno what it is. That being said, have a good year, and we'll see how things turn out.

AppAlum2003
October 14th, 2008, 02:45 PM
If Richmond had Elon's schedule since their showdown, they very well could be 7-0. If Elon had Richmond's schedule since, they very likely would be 3-4.

You REALLY think the CAA is that much better than the SoCon? Really? xlolx

BisonBacker
October 14th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I just wonder why WIU is still not getting much respect.

That's a good question. They are a good team. They will however need to pony up against UNI and SIU and if they win those games they will certainly move up in the standings.

URMite
October 14th, 2008, 03:06 PM

I'm not sure that is what he is saying, and I don't have a problem with Elon ahead of UR (but I don't think Elon should be too confident if there was a rematch, both teams have changed)

But you can compare

@VU.....@THE cit
JMU......Furman
@UVA...@GSU

and see where close losses in one column could be close wins in the other, or vice versa.

Dukie95
October 14th, 2008, 03:18 PM
GSU, well, take any team out of the CAA and go play AT Paulson.

Done, as has been mentioned here twice already.

Three of Richmond's wins have come against "powerhouses" Maine, VMI, Towson

And Elon, don't forget that one.

xthumbsupx

mlbowl
October 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Well....They did lose to Portland State, too.

Yes, I know...but that doesn't help my point:D

MacThor
October 15th, 2008, 04:47 AM
I'm not sure that is what he is saying, and I don't have a problem with Elon ahead of UR (but I don't think Elon should be too confident if there was a rematch, both teams have changed)

But you can compare

@VU.....@THE cit
JMU......Furman
@UVA...@GSU

and see where close losses in one column could be close wins in the other, or vice versa.

Yep. You said it much better than I did. The post I was responding to claimed Elon should be higher based on what they've done since the UR game. What they've done is NOT play an FBS team and two top-5 GPI teams.

MacThor
October 15th, 2008, 05:16 AM

No. If I concede that UR and Elon are equal (throwing out the head-to-head evidence to the contrary) it's reasonable to think UR would have won the 6 games Elon has won, and Elon would have gone 3-3 since with losses @UVA, @VU, and JMU.