PDA

View Full Version : Polls

drpnut
October 13th, 2008, 11:30 AM
With Mcneese, UNH and Richmond losing, the TSN poll could have 3 SoCon teams in the top 5-- Appy-2, Elon-3, Woffy-5

Whatcha think?

bandl
October 13th, 2008, 11:31 AM
With Mcneese, UNH and Richmond losing, the TSN poll could have 3 SoCon teams in the top 5-- Appy-2, Elon-3, Woffy-5

Whatcha think?

I think UNH and McNeese State never should have been that high in the first place... xreadx

appfan2008
October 13th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I think someone else will slide in there and the socon will have 3 of the top 6

HensRock
October 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I don't think Richmond should fall that far. They lost to the #1 by a very narrow margin.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I think Liberty will be number 1...

3. 13. A very nice spot if I may say so. :)

elon77
October 13th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I think Liberty will be number 1...

3. 13. A very nice spot if I may say so. :)

That would be good, then when Elon comes to the burg they will have defeated the number 1 team in the nation.xsmileyclapx

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 12:22 PM

I agree. While it would be nice to have 3 of the top 5 spots, its nice to have the stronghold on the best conference right now. The back and forth competition between the SoCon and the CAA has been exciting to watch but its time for the SoCon to reign supreme for a while xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
October 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM

I agree with you.

Here is my top 6. I got this by knowing the facts such as JMU beat App and Richmond, Villanova beat Richmond, Richmond beat Elon, and I think that Wofford is better than Elon so far.

Villanova is getting overlooked in my opinion.

1. James Madison 6-1
2. Appalachian State 4-2
3. Villanova 4-1
4. Wofford 4-1
5. Richmond 4-3
6. Elon 6-1

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I agree with you.

Here is my top 6. I got this by knowing the facts such as JMU beat App and Richmond, Villanova beat Richmond, Richmond beat Elon, and I think that Wofford is better than Elon so far.

Villanova is getting overlooked in my opinion.

1. James Madison 6-1
2. Appalachian State 4-2
3. Villanova 4-1
4. Wofford 4-1
5. Richmond 4-3
6. Elon 6-1

Yes Richmond beat us in the first game of the season, can't take that away from them. On the other hand, they should be behind Elon at this point because of what they have done after that game. The losses to UVA, a very good JMU team, and afformentioned Villanova should put UR down in the 6-8 range.

Sure Elon hasn't always won big, but we win, and a win by one counts the same as a win by 100.

Black Saturday
October 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I agree. While it would be nice to have 3 of the top 5 spots, its nice to have the stronghold on the best conference right now. The back and forth competition between the SoCon and the CAA has been exciting to watch but its time for the SoCon to reign supreme for a while xthumbsupx

INCOMING!

You just called down a strike on your own coordinatess from our CAA friends.

RazorEdge19
October 13th, 2008, 12:52 PM

Cue CAA fans & alexle....

19Duke97
October 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM

When you all beat up on each other, some of those teams will fall as well ie Elon v Wofford. So it's best to wait until the playoffs to determine that sort of thing.

MacThor
October 13th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Did Elon play an FBS team?

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2008, 01:22 PM

Nope. OOC-Richmond, PC, SB, and Liberty

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 01:27 PM
When you all beat up on each other, some of those teams will fall as well ie Elon v Wofford. So it's best to wait until the playoffs to determine that sort of thing.

I know, I had to slide it in there while we still have multiple teams in the Top 5. If the rest of the season continues to play out as it has so far, I think its reasonable to assume that the SoCon will have three teams (ASU, Elon, Wofford) in the Top 10 at season's end and all three should get in the playoffs.

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 01:28 PM

Not this year but we play at Wake Forest next year