PDA

View Full Version : Gateway Playoff INFO

FlyYtown
November 5th, 2005, 08:34 PM
GATEWAY PLAYOFF BID INFORMATION.
Please remember you need 7 Division 1 Wins to make playoffs if not conference champs.

Uni. of Northern Iowa (6-3 :: 4-2): Remaining Schedule:
11/12 : vs. Southern Illinois (7-2)
11/19 : vs. Northern Arizona (2-7)
What they must do to become playoff eligable: Beat Southern Illinois at the UNIDome; if they lose their season will be done. If they win they will tie for GFC Title and they will need a win vs. NAU to be a favorite to make playoffs.

Southern Illinois (7-2 : 5-1): Remaining Schedule:
11/12 : @ Northern Iowa (6-3)
11/19 : vs. North Dakota State University (6-3)
What they must do to make playoffs:With a win over UNI they will be the Gateway Conference Champs and get automatic bid into the playoffs. With a loss they will need a win vs. NDSU to become playoff eligable.

Western Kentucky (6-3 : 4-2): Remaining Schedule:
11/12 : @ Youngstown State (7-3)
11/19 : @ Florida International (I-A) (2-5)
What they must do to make playoffs/become eligable:WKU only has 5 Division 1 Wins so they must win vs. YSU to become co-GFC Champs or win out. If they lose to YSU they will not be able to make playoffs.

YOUNGSTOWN STATE (7-3 : 4-2): Remaining Schedule:
11/12 : vs. Western Kentucky at Stambaugh (5-0 at home)
What they must do to make playoffs/become eligable: Like WKU they must win Saturday at home where they are 5-0 this year. WKU is coming into Youngstown losing 2 in a row as is YSU; each losing to Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa. With a YSU WIN they will at least finish 2nd in the GFC and chances are will make playoffs at the Gateway's Second and Only Second Team.

PREDICTIONS: Luckily YSU only has one more game left and the others still have to think about 2 more games; so all our concentration is the Hilltoppers. I think SIU will be to tough to beat vs UNI. Their offense will put up big numbers and if they can knock Sanders out early they may win big.

*Southern Illinois Wins Gateway Title beating UNI; UNI's season will end.
*Youngstown State Beats WKU at home; YSU makes playoffs; WKU'S season will end. YSU Finishes 2nd By Themselves.

Comments?
Also One More Prediction: 20,500 at the Ice Castle to get the Penguins to the playoffs. So far NO RAIN in forecast but chilly; and still 7 days away for weather to change.

BTW: This was posted on YSUPenguins.Net Forum So It centers around YSU.

Chi Panther
November 5th, 2005, 08:40 PM
WRONG.....IF UNI beats SIU....UNI WINS THE GFC TITLE and get the AUTO-BID

FlyYtown
November 5th, 2005, 08:50 PM
WRONG.....IF UNI beats SIU....UNI WINS THE GFC TITLE and get the AUTO-BID

Well I told someone I won't even try to do it with a UNI win beause the #2 team would be hard to decide..

You all better pray Sanders gets better or SIU will be blitzing him all day and knocking him around..

FlyYtown
November 5th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Well Lets say one of the two loses; who will make the playoffs?

PantherMan
November 5th, 2005, 10:21 PM
GATEWAY PLAYOFF BID INFORMATION.
Please remember you need 7 Division 1 Wins to make playoffs if not conference champs.

Uni. of Northern Iowa (6-3 :: 4-2): Remaining Schedule:
11/12 : vs. Southern Illinois (7-2)
11/19 : vs. Northern Arizona (2-7)
What they must do to become playoff eligable: Beat Southern Illinois at the UNIDome; if they lose their season will be done. If they win they will tie for GFC Title and they will need a win vs. NAU to be a favorite to make playoffs.

Southern Illinois (7-2 : 5-1): Remaining Schedule:
11/12 : @ Northern Iowa (6-3)
11/19 : vs. North Dakota State University (6-3)
What they must do to make playoffs:With a win over UNI they will be the Gateway Conference Champs and get automatic bid into the playoffs. With a loss they will need a win vs. NDSU to become playoff eligable.

Western Kentucky (6-3 : 4-2): Remaining Schedule:
11/12 : @ Youngstown State (7-3)
11/19 : @ Florida International (I-A) (2-5)
What they must do to make playoffs/become eligable:WKU only has 5 Division 1 Wins so they must win vs. YSU to become co-GFC Champs or win out. If they lose to YSU they will not be able to make playoffs.

YOUNGSTOWN STATE (7-3 : 4-2): Remaining Schedule:
11/12 : vs. Western Kentucky at Stambaugh (5-0 at home)
What they must do to make playoffs/become eligable: Like WKU they must win Saturday at home where they are 5-0 this year. WKU is coming into Youngstown losing 2 in a row as is YSU; each losing to Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa. With a YSU WIN they will at least finish 2nd in the GFC and chances are will make playoffs at the Gateway's Second and Only Second Team.

PREDICTIONS: Luckily YSU only has one more game left and the others still have to think about 2 more games; so all our concentration is the Hilltoppers. I think SIU will be to tough to beat vs UNI. Their offense will put up big numbers and if they can knock Sanders out early they may win big.

*Southern Illinois Wins Gateway Title beating UNI; UNI's season will end.
*Youngstown State Beats WKU at home; YSU makes playoffs; WKU'S season will end. YSU Finishes 2nd By Themselves.

Comments?
Also One More Prediction: 20,500 at the Ice Castle to get the Penguins to the playoffs. So far NO RAIN in forecast but chilly; and still 7 days away for weather to change.

BTW: This was posted on YSUPenguins.Net Forum So It centers around YSU.

The winner between SIU and UNI next week WILL receive the automatic playoff spot for the Gateway regardless of their final game outcome. YSU and WKU cannot receive an Auto bid at this point, and are playing for an At-Large.

TopsInDaVille
November 5th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I think Hilltopper fans should be rooting for SIU next week, hoping the final standings come out like this:
Salukis 6-1
Hilltoppers 5-2
Penguins 4-3
Panthers 4-3

If UNI beats SIU for the auto bid and SIU also finishes 8-3, will the WKU-Youngstown winner get an at-large?

PantherMan
November 5th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I think Hilltopper fans should be rooting for SIU next week, hoping the final standings come out like this:
Salukis 6-1
Hilltoppers 5-2
Penguins 4-3
Panthers 4-3

If UNI beats SIU for the auto bid and SIU also finishes 8-3, will the WKU-Youngstown winner get an at-large?

IMO, yes. Although a WKU win next week, and they would still have business to handle the final week of the season...

FlyYtown
November 5th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Yes with a UNI Win they get the autobid but the thing is the Gateway should have no problem getting 2 teams.

Thats why each game is important. YSU's only shot is with a SIU win I beleive; I can't see 3 GFC Teams make it.

TopsInDaVille
November 5th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Of course, I'm not assuming anything about Youngstown (actually think we'll probably use), but I can't get a read at all on what the Florida International game will be like.

Assuming WKU still has something to play for, I think they can give FIU a game. But FIU is 2-5 after winning 31-29 at Louisiana-Monroe today. I'd felt better about going down there if FIU hadn't beaten a fellow I-A team ON THE ROAD. (Their other win was against Florida A&M.)

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 11:09 PM
WKU needs to win their last 2 to get their 7 D-I wins...they only have 5 currently

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 11:11 PM
OK so if SIU wins they get the auto and...

UNI is eliminated
YSU needs to beat WKU to be eligible
WKU needs to win last 2 to be eligible

IF UNI Wins they get the auto and...

SIU needs to beat NDSU to be eligible
SEE ABOVE for YSU and WKU

FlyYtown
November 5th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Ya. WKU must winout or you're done UNLESS Somehow you share the GFC Title and get some help conference wise but I think you MUST Win Out to get in.

PantherMan
November 5th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Ya. WKU must winout or you're done UNLESS Somehow you share the GFC Title and get some help conference wise but I think you MUST Win Out to get in.

Again, you are very mistaken in your analysis. If WKU does not win out, they have ZERO shot at the I-AA playoffs. The same holds true for YSU. One loss for either team, and they will not be playing in the field of 16. And you can take that to the bank.

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 11:18 PM
OK so if SIU wins they get the auto and...

UNI is eliminated
YSU needs to beat WKU to be eligible
WKU needs to win last 2 to be eligible

IF UNI Wins they get the auto and...

SIU needs to beat NDSU to be eligible
SEE ABOVE for YSU and WKU

Read here!!

PantherMan
November 5th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Read here!!

You, my friend, have provided the correct analysis of Gateway playoff chances. Good work.

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 11:23 PM
If ILS beats INS, ILS is eligible at 7-4...Odds of making it are slim to none with slim walking out the door, but nonetheless ILS WOULD BE ELIGIBLE!!

GASIUalum
November 5th, 2005, 11:24 PM
wow, Pens fans giving faulty analysis of their team's chances, who'd a thunk it?

FlyYtown
November 5th, 2005, 11:45 PM
I knew if WKU lost one more they'd only have 6 DIVISION 1 Wins but I was wondering if you could still make it with a conference title; But I guess not.

I am pretty sure if SIU and YSU Wins they BOTH make it and WKU-UNI-ILSU All Eliminated.

PantherMan
November 5th, 2005, 11:48 PM
I knew if WKU lost one more they'd only have 6 DIVISION 1 Wins but I was wondering if you could still make it with a conference title; But I guess not.

I am pretty sure if SIU and YSU Wins they BOTH make it and WKU-UNI-ILSU All Eliminated.

If SIU wins next week, they are in via the automatic bid. If YSU wins next week, they have a legitimate shot at an At-Large, and will probably get one. If WKU, UNI, and/or YSU lose next week, they are 100% elimated from playoff consideration.

FlyYtown
November 5th, 2005, 11:55 PM
If SIU wins next week, they are in via the automatic bid. If YSU wins next week, they have a legitimate shot at an At-Large, and will probably get one. If WKU, UNI, and/or YSU lose next week, they are 100% elimated from playoff consideration.

To put it in the simplest terms; You are Correct.

Wait till I pop out this weeks new YSU Signature.. it will look awesome!

nmatsen
November 6th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Salukis 6-1
Hilltoppers 5-2
Penguins 4-3
Panthers 4-3

If WKU wins then they are in for sure at 8-3 (assuming the win the following weekend), YSU wins they should be in at 8-3, they just have not been real strong the past few seasons which could hurt but the field is open enough and their attendance is high enough they still probably get in.

How bout this scenario:
UNI beats SIU next Saturday
WKU beats YSU next Saturday
Florida Int'l beats WKU in two Saturdays
NDSU beats SIU in two Saturdays

Would the Panthers go into the field of 16 as the sole representative of the GFC? These scenario's are very possible.

FlyYtown
November 6th, 2005, 09:04 AM
If WKU wins then they are in for sure at 8-3 (assuming the win the following weekend), YSU wins they should be in at 8-3, they just have not been real strong the past few seasons which could hurt but the field is open enough and their attendance is high enough they still probably get in.

How bout this scenario:
UNI beats SIU next Saturday
WKU beats YSU next Saturday
Florida Int'l beats WKU in two Saturdays
NDSU beats SIU in two Saturdays

Would the Panthers go into the field of 16 as the sole representative of the GFC? These scenario's are very possible.

First off FIU is I-A and still WKU only has 5 Division 1 Wins so they must win that game or their done... If UNI loses they are done. And I highly down NDSU would beat SIU and even UNI beat SIU;

SIU
YSU will be the reps from the GFC.

ISUMatt
November 6th, 2005, 09:07 AM
If ILS beats INS, ILS is eligible at 7-4 :), chances of getting in slim, but still eligible, now beat those Trees!!!

nmatsen
November 6th, 2005, 09:17 AM
First off FIU is I-A and still WKU only has 5 Division 1 Wins so they must win that game or their done... If UNI loses they are done. And I highly down NDSU would beat SIU and even UNI beat SIU;

SIU

Seriously? Do you think we will lose? WE HAVE CHOPPED DOWN THE CONFERENCE LEADER TWO WEEKS IN A ROW! Now we have SIU in the Dome? I can't believe your ignorance. Don't you think it is funny that we have not lost to a 1-AA oppenent when Eric Sanders starts in 10 GAMES! Does anyone else have a 10 game in streak? What on gods freaking earth makes you think that SIU will win next weekend? I am not saying that they can't, but for a third party to come in like yourself (who just got taken behind the woodshed, again, in the UNI Dome two weeks ago) and say that you highly doubt that "UNI beat SIU" is just crazy.

ISUMatt
November 6th, 2005, 09:27 AM
I would NOT catergorize 21-7 as a woodshed beating...A woodshed beating is more like 38-3!!! :)
Seriously Im glad we gave both UNI and SIU their yearly wake-up call this yr!

shakdaddy3
November 6th, 2005, 09:43 AM
If ILS beats INS, ILS is eligible at 7-4 :), chances of getting in slim, but still eligible, now beat those Trees!!!

Hey Matt,

I've been talking to some people and here's a wild theory. If UNI and WKU loses, it might give ILSU a better shot a making the playoffs and being the 3rd representative in the Gateway. You we've got a chance in that scenario? Do you think that's the best chance we've got with some help around I-AA and from the GPI!?

crunifan
November 6th, 2005, 09:49 AM

SIU

You forgot to mention if YSU loses...they are done.

You seriously need to stop rooting for other teams to lose. That is terrible sportsmanship. If you spent your time rooting for YSU to win, it would be a lot more productive. There is a difference between pointing out different possibilities and rooting for someone to lose. And when you post in like 5 threads that you "think" UNI will lose (which UNI losing has no impact whatsoever on YSU, if YSU wants to go to the play-offs just win and you're in) it shows the amount of class you have.

FlyYtown
November 6th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Seriously? Do you think we will lose? WE HAVE CHOPPED DOWN THE CONFERENCE LEADER TWO WEEKS IN A ROW! Now we have SIU in the Dome? I can't believe your ignorance. Don't you think it is funny that we have not lost to a 1-AA oppenent when Eric Sanders starts in 10 GAMES! Does anyone else have a 10 game in streak? What on gods freaking earth makes you think that SIU will win next weekend? I am not saying that they can't, but for a third party to come in like yourself (who just got taken behind the woodshed, again, in the UNI Dome two weeks ago) and say that you highly doubt that "UNI beat SIU" is just crazy.

Ya Crunifan I know YSU loses they are done but the fact they are 5-0 at home and with the hope of us being healthy by next week makes me think we can win.

You guys are the ignorant ones on here. Everyone of you are acting as if you're the favorites in the playoffs well guess what; SIU has beaten the same 2 teams you have beat in the last 2 games MORE IMPRESSIVELY. I Watched WKU-SIU On ESPN U; SIU Dominated without a doubt; then I watched highlights last night of the game; SIU's QB is Top 3 in I-AA and their running back is unstoppable if used correctly. I have seen UNI this year and Sanders with a string attached to him and one more big hit he will be out.

SIU is without a doubt the better team from what I have seen; Don't get me wrong; UNI Is really good; but SIU is better.

And I am cheering for an SIU Win; not a UNI Loss.. The SIU Fans I know are very respectful to me and they say the same to me; you are very unrespectful to me so I want SIU To win.

AND O YA CRUNIFAN; If UNI Loses they are done. YSU has been snubbed with 3 losses in the past and the only way they go is with 2 GFC Reps and that has to be SIU and YSU or we're done.
BTW: Your wins vs YSU was hardly a CHOPDOWN nor was your OT win vs WKU.....

SIU
YSU
<<GATEWAY REPS>>

ISUMatt
November 6th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Hey Matt,

I've been talking to some people and here's a wild theory. If UNI and WKU loses, it might give ILSU a better shot a making the playoffs and being the 3rd representative in the Gateway. You we've got a chance in that scenario? Do you think that's the best chance we've got with some help around I-AA and from the GPI!?

BEST chance we have is SIU beats UNI, WKU beats YSU and FIU beats WKU and we beat INS...If all that happens, SIU gets auto bid, UNI, YSU, and WKU do not get 7 D-I wins and we are at least eligible.

shakdaddy3
November 6th, 2005, 10:40 AM
BEST chance we have is SIU beats UNI, WKU beats YSU and FIU beats WKU and we beat INS...If all that happens, SIU gets auto bid, UNI, YSU, and WKU do not get 7 D-I wins and we are at least eligible.
That'd be very awesome... I'm not gonna put my life savings on it, but that means there's STILL A CHANCE! Too bad we just didn't beat Western and put ourselves in a much better spot.

FlyYtown
November 6th, 2005, 10:46 AM
That could very well happen; too bad you lost to WIU when you did because you'd be a very good favorite to make the playoffs this weekend. :mad:
Go SIU AND YSU!

ISUMatt
November 6th, 2005, 10:51 AM
That could very well happen; too bad you lost to WIU when you did because you'd be a very good favorite to make the playoffs this weekend. :mad:
Go SIU AND YSU!

Yes we would have but we dont hang it on WIU alone...
We blew a 4th Qtr lead @ YSU
We blew the WKU game
WIU just whipped us, Id call the YSU and WKU losses worse!! vs WIU, we had 3 MAJOR RB injuries to deal with

crunifan
November 6th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Ya Crunifan I know YSU loses they are done but the fact they are 5-0 at home and with the hope of us being healthy by next week makes me think we can win.

You guys are the ignorant ones on here. Everyone of you are acting as if you're the favorites in the playoffs well guess what; SIU has beaten the same 2 teams you have beat in the last 2 games MORE IMPRESSIVELY. I Watched WKU-SIU On ESPN U; SIU Dominated without a doubt; then I watched highlights last night of the game; SIU's QB is Top 3 in I-AA and their running back is unstoppable if used correctly. I have seen UNI this year and Sanders with a string attached to him and one more big hit he will be out.

SIU is without a doubt the better team from what I have seen; Don't get me wrong; UNI Is really good; but SIU is better.

And I am cheering for an SIU Win; not a UNI Loss.. The SIU Fans I know are very respectful to me and they say the same to me; you are very unrespectful to me so I want SIU To win.

AND O YA CRUNIFAN; If UNI Loses they are done. YSU has been snubbed with 3 losses in the past and the only way they go is with 2 GFC Reps and that has to be SIU and YSU or we're done.

SIU
YSU
<<GATEWAY REPS>>

Well, another team is unbeated at home, UNI. And I think almost every one will agree that the UNI-Dome is a harder, more intimidating place to play than the Ice Castle (not to take anything away from your stadium, which is awesome). And I guarantee you that no UNI fan thinks we are the favorites to win the conference, but we are extremely excited because we were counted out after Eric Sanders was injured and we lost the two games at Illinois State and Missouri State. Now that we beat two great teams and we have the third in our dome, I think we have a damn good reason to be excited because we are just as much in this as WKU and YSU.

PantherMan
November 6th, 2005, 11:57 AM

SIU
YSU
<<GATEWAY REPS>>

Ummm...Sanders is as good as or better than Sambursky. That isn't debatable, to say otherwise is foolish. The win against YSU was not as impressive as SIU's?! YSU was never, I repeat never, in the game in the DOME. SIU was trailing for a good amount of their game with YSU. I'm not usually one to compare one game's results with a common opponent, but you opened that can of worms. SIU was "better than us" two years ago, and they MIGHT be again this year, but when the Dome is the site of the game, the odds are thrown out the window. Let's not forget that SIU had Thunder and Lightning last time they came to the Dome and lost, this Whitlock character doesn't worry me quite as much as those two did... IMHO, this game is a 50/50 toss up right now, and I think that even the most dedicated SIU fan will agree with that assessment.

FlyYtown
November 6th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Well, another team is unbeated at home, UNI. And I think almost every one will agree that the UNI-Dome is a harder, more intimidating place to play than the Ice Castle (not to take anything away from your stadium, which is awesome). And I guarantee you that no UNI fan thinks we are the favorites to win the conference, but we are extremely excited because we were counted out after Eric Sanders was injured and we lost the two games at Illinois State and Missouri State. Now that we beat two great teams and we have the third in our dome, I think we have a damn good reason to be excited because we are just as much in this as WKU and YSU.

Look at YSU'S All time Record at Stambaugh Year by Year since 1989, they are 94-19-1....

Just the atmosphere in the weather is tough; ya but UNI is louder; the environment is more FOOTBALL Friendly in Youngstown.

GASIUalum
November 6th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Ummm...Sanders is as good as or better than Sambursky. That isn't debatable, to say otherwise is foolish. The win against YSU was not as impressive as SIU's?! YSU was never, I repeat never, in the game in the DOME. SIU was trailing for a good amount of their game with YSU. I'm not usually one to compare one game's results with a common opponent, but you opened that can of worms. SIU was "better than us" two years ago, and they MIGHT be again this year, but when the Dome is the site of the game, the odds are thrown out the window. Let's not forget that SIU had Thunder and Lightning last time they came to the Dome and lost, this Whitlock character doesn't worry me quite as much as those two did... IMHO, this game is a 50/50 toss up right now, and I think that even the most dedicated SIU fan will agree with that assessment.

just to be difficult, i'd say 51/49 SIU ;)
actually, in all seriousness, i'd say 70/30 UNI, that dome has to be worth 20 percent at least

saluki_in_ohio
November 6th, 2005, 03:40 PM
; the environment is more FOOTBALL Friendly in Youngstown.

I suppose being a rust belt city with a great deal of vice, crack houses, and organized crime in the crappiest part of Ohio makes for a football friendly environment.....

GASIUalum
November 6th, 2005, 03:46 PM
at this point in Flytown's argument, the straws are even difficult to grasp.

nmatsen
November 6th, 2005, 04:54 PM

I am a UNI fan and I expect the Panthers to win the conference. They are un-beaten at home, Sanders has won his last ten starts (other than Iowa) and SIU has the biggest mental block (second biggest to YSU) when they walk into the UNI Dome. THEY CAN NOT WIN THERE! THEY WILL NOT WIN THERE! Plain and simple, they win Saturday, they are GFC Champs. I expect it!

igo4uni
November 6th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I am a UNI fan and I expect the Panthers to win the conference. They are un-beaten at home, Sanders has won his last ten starts (other than Iowa) and SIU has the biggest mental block (second biggest to YSU) when they walk into the UNI Dome. THEY CAN NOT WIN THERE! THEY WILL NOT WIN THERE! Plain and simple, they win Saturday, they are GFC Champs. I expect it!

Well, let's hope so. Let's not forget that SIU is a very good team.

I am super excited about this game and plan to be there screaming like crazy for a Panther victory.

peace

igo4uni

FlyYtown
November 6th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I suppose being a rust belt city with a great deal of vice, crack houses, and organized crime in the crappiest part of Ohio makes for a football friendly environment.....

Well you may wanna comeback; two suburbs are in the Top 100 Places to Live. Canfield is 82 and Poland is around 100 and Boardman and Austintown are in TOP 200.

The cities downtown has more activity than Akron or Canton with our new arena and entertainment district.

FOOTBALL IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED OUTSIDE Not in a dome; thats why its a FOOTBALL STADIUM; Not a UNIDOME.

igo4uni
November 6th, 2005, 06:01 PM
FOOTBALL IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED OUTSIDE Not in a dome; thats why its a FOOTBALL STADIUM; Not a UNIDOME.

Wrong.

When it's 6 degrees and sleeting, the UNI-Dome is an awesome place to play.

By the way, when was the last time your team won in the Fabulous UNI-Dome?

peace

igo4uni

placidlakegriz
November 6th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Wrong.

When it's 6 degrees and sleeting, the UNI-Dome is an awesome place to play.

peace

igo4uni

oxymoron = dome. Football is an outdoor sport.

siugrad99
November 6th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Don't you love it when the newbies come on AGS and instantly start running their mouthes.

shakdaddy3
November 6th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Don't you love it when the newbies come on AGS and instantly start running their mouthes.
Haha... not that i've been around forever, but yea... good call.

Anyway, football does not equal playing outside. If you think that's the difference between football and other sports that are not football, well, you're just really close minded (being very kind in my word choice here...).

I think that UNI has the upper hand considering Sanders is back AND that it is in the UNIdome. I've been there twice and it is an intimidating place and it can get REALLY loud. I've been to the ice castle twice now, too, and I would agree that it is a great stadium (thank you Jimmy Tressel), but the UNIdome worse to play in against a rejuvinated UNI time. I gotta say with the title on the line and playoff aspirtations along with ALL the emotion, UNI pulls off a good one with a nice 4th quarter surge led by none other than MR. SANDERS. I wonder how different the ISU-UNI game would have been with him there. Good luck to both teams, and whatever the outcome... I hope it helps a miracle occur for ILSU to sneak into the playoffs.

FlyYtown
November 6th, 2005, 06:53 PM

99.. Like I said I think YSU Wins that game at home; totally different environment.

And btw. Its never that cold here and actully we are in the 60s now and 50s next week; it starts to get bad with lake effect in mid-december so football isnt too bad unless winter begins EARLY

PantherMan
November 6th, 2005, 08:11 PM
99.. Like I said I think YSU Wins that game at home; totally different environment.

And btw. Its never that cold here and actully we are in the 60s now and 50s next week; it starts to get bad with lake effect in mid-december so football isnt too bad unless winter begins EARLY

YSU WOULD NOT have beaten UNI at home this season. Your team got away playing an easy early schedule, but have been exposed down the stretch. Your team was simply overmatched against UNI, plain and simple.

PantherMan
November 6th, 2005, 08:12 PM

YSU WOULD NOT have beaten UNI OR SIU at home this season. Your team got away playing an easy early schedule, but have been exposed down the stretch. Your team was simply overmatched against UNI and SIU, plain and simple.

FlyYtown
November 6th, 2005, 08:41 PM
YSU WOULD NOT have beaten UNI OR SIU at home this season. Your team got away playing an easy early schedule, but have been exposed down the stretch. Your team was simply overmatched against UNI and SIU, plain and simple.

O... Okay if thats what you beleive then go ahead.. Those 5 3rd and 4th and 1's would've been converted; those two wins vs WIU and ISU would've been losses.

Home Field for us is important whatever you say. You will see Saturday who will be the one Making the playoffs and not; so I would watch what you say..

UNI Has won nothing yet and if you LOSE YOU ARE FINISHED.. NO WAY YOU CAN MAKE PLAYOFFS... DONE; Same with YSU..

PantherMan
November 6th, 2005, 08:56 PM
O... Okay if thats what you beleive then go ahead.. Those 5 3rd and 4th and 1's would've been converted; those two wins vs WIU and ISU would've been losses.

Home Field for us is important whatever you say. You will see Saturday who will be the one Making the playoffs and not; so I would watch what you say..

UNI Has won nothing yet and if you LOSE YOU ARE FINISHED.. NO WAY YOU CAN MAKE PLAYOFFS... DONE; Same with YSU..

Who's your dealer? Those 3rd and 4th downs would have been converted simply because you were playing at home?!?! I have yet to say that UNI will make the playoffs, however, now that you bring it up, IF we win Saturday WE ARE IN, period. IF YSU somehow wins, they MIGHT get in. I like where we sit...

ISUMatt
November 6th, 2005, 09:59 PM
UNIDone GREAT for football...SUCKS for basketball...Thank God for your McLeod Center

siugrad99
November 6th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Hate to say it, but I see SIU losing this weekend to UNI since we haven't beat them in the UNIDome in previous 9 attempts. I predicted WKU would beat us by 18 so I hope i'm wrong again :) That being said I think SIU wins its final home game and goes on the road 1st round of the playoffs. IF big IF we do go 9-2 I see another 1st round home game and depending on how they other top teams fair outside shot at a top 4 seed as we would have beaten 4 straight Top 25 teams.

igo4uni
November 7th, 2005, 07:37 AM
...Thank God for your McLeod Center

http://www.uni-foundation.org/foundation/SF/images/UNI-Arena-UpHi-NE-final_jpg.jpg
McLeod Center. Notice the corridor connecting to the UNI-Dome.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/genrel/facilities/panther-suite.jpg
A great place to take your hot date!

http://www.uni-foundation.org/foundation/SF/images/UNI-SE-Aerial-final_jpg.jpg
Aerial view.

peace

igo4uni

crunifan
November 7th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Here is a picture of the tunnel connecting the two together:

http://www.uni-foundation.org/images/connector.jpg

I think it will be a great place to play. Hartzell said on the game he was expecting room for over 7,000 people instead of the previous estimate of only 6,000. I wish it was closer to 9 or 10,000 but a small full arena is way better than an empty big one.

skinny_uncle
November 7th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Hate to say it, but I see SIU losing this weekend to UNI since we haven't beat them in the UNIDome in previous 9 attempts. I predicted WKU would beat us by 18 so I hope i'm wrong again :) That being said I think SIU wins its final home game and goes on the road 1st round of the playoffs. IF big IF we do go 9-2 I see another 1st round home game and depending on how they other top teams fair outside shot at a top 4 seed as we would have beaten 4 straight Top 25 teams.
The last time SIU won at UNI was in 1983. That year turned out pretty well for the Salukis (National Champs). If the Salukis win next weekend, I will take that as a good omen.
:D

shakdaddy3
November 7th, 2005, 05:08 PM
ok.. what do you think will happen if this scenario takes place:

ILSU beats INSU to go 7-4
WKU beats YSU, but loses to FIU and finishes with 6 D-I wins
YSU lost so that would put them at 7-4
UNI loses to SIU and they are 7-4
SIU gets the auto-bid obviously

WKU is not eligible for the playoffs even though they finished 2nd in the conference. There is a 3 way tie for 3rd between ILSU, YSU, and UNI. Do any of these teams make the playoffs? Hmmm... I'd hope that ILSU does, but being 7-4 doesn't give a likely chance to make the playoffs. Will the comittee only select the auto-bid to be the sole representative for the Gateway????

nmatsen
November 7th, 2005, 05:38 PM
ok.. what do you think will happen if this scenario takes place:

ILSU beats INSU to go 7-4
WKU beats YSU, but loses to FIU and finishes with 6 D-I wins
YSU lost so that would put them at 7-4
UNI loses to SIU and they are 7-4
SIU gets the auto-bid obviously

WKU is not eligible for the playoffs even though they finished 2nd in the conference. There is a 3 way tie for 3rd between ILSU, YSU, and UNI. Do any of these teams make the playoffs? Hmmm... I'd hope that ILSU does, but being 7-4 doesn't give a likely chance to make the playoffs. Will the comittee only select the auto-bid to be the sole representative for the Gateway????

I know for a fact that UNI should they lose would not be playoff eligible with only 6 D-I wins, should YSU lose they would also be mathmatically eliminated due to the 7 win rule with their first win coming over Slippery Rock. So according to what I know right now IL State would be the benifactor should this scenario play out and the committe feels they must have two GFC teams because they would be the only other GFC team with 7 D-1 wins. Lets not put too much emphasis on this though as SIU will get the at large anyway after they get rolled up in the Dome (Again)! Best Wishes and see you Saturday ;)

siugrad99
November 7th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Just to clairfy, SIU did not get "Rolled" in 2003, we actually blew a lead in the 4th quarter in the last minutes so please don't start that talk. UNI has SIU's # in the dome, but to say you just man handled us is simply not the case. Do I predict a victory... no, but it won't be like the ILSU game either.

PantherMan
November 7th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Just to clairfy, SIU did not get "Rolled" in 2003, we actually blew a lead in the 4th quarter in the last minutes so please don't start that talk. UNI has SIU's # in the dome, but to say you just man handled us is simply not the case. Do I predict a victory... no, but it won't be like the ILSU game either.

Completely agree. This game will probably come down to the 4th quarter.

PantherMan
November 7th, 2005, 08:00 PM

Completely agree. This game will probably come down to the 4th quarter. Hopefully we don't stop you 4 touchdowns this time around though... :)

FlyYtown
November 7th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Good News is YSU's AD Talked with Gateway and NCAA Officials Today and he said YSU May be able to get home spot with an SIU Win even though SIU Wins conference outright. Also he says the GFC Would probably get 3 seeds IF UNI Beats SIU and YSU Beats WKU.

siugrad99
November 7th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Thats ok last year we spotted you 21 and came back to win so seems like whoever gets the early 3 TD lead is going to Lose in the End :) Should be an amazing game.

ISUMatt
November 7th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Crappy thing is, the GFC TV game is MSU @ WIU

PantherMan
November 7th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Thats ok last year we spotted you 21 and came back to win so seems like whoever gets the early 3 TD lead is going to Lose in the End :) Should be an amazing game.

Let's test that theory. Tell ol' Jerry to spot us 3 TDs in the Dome.. ;) Don't think things would work out too well for the Salukis! :) I don't think that either team is going to jump on the other like that this year anyhow though.