PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iowa vs Southern Illinois 11/12

siugrad99
November 5th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Congrats on a big win. Your fans have shown nothing but class all season I appreciate that. You've battled through some injuries and now get the chance to play for all the marbles next weekend verse SIU. I can honestly say this is not what I wanted to see for my Dawgs, but atleast we will know that whoever comes out on top deserves to represent the Gateway in the playoffs as the automatic bid. Best of luck next weekend, it is going to be CRAZY in the Dome and I look forward to a week of intelligent football talk with some classy fans.

Peace

Clem

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 07:53 PM
we beat you both by a combined score of 99-38...Can any other GFC team say that??? :) Good luck to both next weekend!!!

siugrad99
November 5th, 2005, 07:54 PM
yes and we appreciate the wake up call Matt :)

PantherMan
November 5th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Congrats on a big win. Your fans have shown nothing but class all season I appreciate that. You've battled through some injuries and now get the chance to play for all the marbles next weekend verse SIU. I can honestly say this is not what I wanted to see for my Dawgs, but atleast we will know that whoever comes out on top deserves to represent the Gateway in the playoffs as the automatic bid. Best of luck next weekend, it is going to be CRAZY in the Dome and I look forward to a week of intelligent football talk with some classy fans.

Peace

Clem

Repeat of '03!!

crunifan
November 5th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I said it in the other thread and I will say it again here. I think it would be really neat to see a lot of SIU fans up in Cedar Falls next weekend. There never seem to be many visitor fans at the games and I think it would help add to the excitement! Let's watch two great teams battle it out for a chance at the playoffs!

siugrad99
November 5th, 2005, 07:59 PM
If you repeat 03 can we be 17-0 in the MVC again too :) I promise you can win that last game again also LOL Just teasin as I pray to the lord above for redemption for the heartbreak you caused all SIU football fans in 03. That lose sent us to Deleware to get our @ss handed to us :( . Will be a quality game and am excited already, wish we could play tonight !

FlyYtown
November 5th, 2005, 08:00 PM
All I Can say is this will be a MASSIVE THREAD and I Want SIU TO WIN..

Go Saluki's and Penguins

Chi Panther
November 5th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I can't wait for this game....I'm in San Diego all week for business.....at the end of the week....I fly back to CF.......I want to keep dinking until kick off I'm soo happy right now....what a diff Sanders makes........ :D :)

Mountain Panther
November 5th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I work with two former SIU frat guys, and they don't even pay attention to SIU football!!! WTF??? They will this week. I'll make sure of it.

skinny_uncle
November 5th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I work with two former SIU frat guys, and they don't even pay attention to SIU football!!! WTF??? They will this week. I'll make sure of it.
As an old Saluki, I refuse to be responsible for the actions of frat boys.

siugrad99
November 5th, 2005, 08:07 PM
what frat were they in ?

Mountain Panther
November 5th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Good question....I'll find out.

siugrad99
November 5th, 2005, 08:14 PM
chances are the frat is no longer on campus & when they went to SIU our football program probably blew ass :) I know it did when I was an undergrad, but still attended every game regardless. I guess I enjoy pain :)

Mountain Panther
November 5th, 2005, 08:17 PM
They both graduated in the mid 90s.

Killsback
November 5th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Next week's game is being televised back to southern Illinois, so not many fans will make the 9 hour trek when they can sit in their living room and watch the game.

siugrad99
November 5th, 2005, 08:23 PM
maybe i'll have to make the drive from St. Louis to Carbondale to watch or does anyone know how close to St. Louis that feed will go ?

Mountain Panther
November 5th, 2005, 08:25 PM
maybe i'll have to make the drive from St. Louis to Carbondale to watch or does anyone know how close to St. Louis that feed will go ?

Check your locals Digital Cable provider. It might be on Fox College Sports.

siugrad99
November 5th, 2005, 08:26 PM
that would be way too amazing seeing as I have the day off :)

Killsback
November 5th, 2005, 09:06 PM
The game is on mediacom cable.

Killsback
November 5th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Comments from Joel Sambursky on next week's game at the Dome...

"Sambursky said he can't wait until next Saturday.

"It is going to be a crazy game next week at UNI," he said. "We are a confident group, but we really respect UNI and their program. It's a tough place to play, so as confident as we are, we understand the task at hand."

Spoken like a true veteran who has never won a game in the dome. The only place this group of seniors has not won in the Gateway.

Reed Rothchild
November 5th, 2005, 10:58 PM
I'll be there. Fortunately for SIU, I won't be there the night before.