PDA

View Full Version : APP vs LSU

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 07:36 PM
end of 1st quarter

APP o
LSU 7

LSU scored on first drive.
APP has moved the ball fairly well and has forced LSU to punt twice.

APP presented a check for Katrina relief for $ 20,000 at the end of the quarter.

Hansel
November 5th, 2005, 07:37 PM
link to audio/video?

Coastal89
November 5th, 2005, 07:39 PM
link to audio/video?
I put a link to the gametracker over in the scores thread.

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 07:52 PM
LSU 14
APP o
2nd quarter

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 08:16 PM
halftime

APPS 0

LSU 14

yosefcity
November 5th, 2005, 08:17 PM
LSU 14
ASU 0
HALFTIME

Hey Tennesee trailed 21-0 at the half at LSU.

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 08:50 PM
APPS partially block a field goal attempt. Still LSU 14 APP 0 3rd quarter.

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 09:00 PM
APPS driving on LSU 16

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 09:03 PM
APP's miss field goal.

yosefcity
November 5th, 2005, 09:04 PM
ASU just missed a field goal from the LSU 15!

bodoyle
November 5th, 2005, 09:08 PM
LSU driving 6 plays 58yards on ap pst 27

yosefcity
November 5th, 2005, 09:08 PM
End of 3
ASU 0
LSU 14

bodoyle
November 5th, 2005, 09:09 PM
End of 3rd quarter.

Mark this down, b/c u wont see this from me....GO APP STATE!

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 09:09 PM
end of 3rd

LSU 14

APP0

LSU driving but 3rd and 7

McNeese75
November 5th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Outstanding game so far!!!!

yosefcity
November 5th, 2005, 09:12 PM
That missed Field goal/red zone chance killed us.

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 09:13 PM
LSU 21

APP 0

GaSouthern
November 5th, 2005, 09:14 PM
LETS GO APPY!!!!!

ngineer
November 5th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Hang in there APPY--hell of an effort.

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 09:16 PM
APP brings in Trey Elder at QB. Williams not hurt.

GreatAppSt
November 5th, 2005, 09:22 PM
we've sent in the second teir :)

Black and Gold Express
November 5th, 2005, 09:23 PM
The LSU commentators have been raving all game about Richie. Multiple times they have stated he is the best quarterback LSU has seen all year by a mile.

This game has gone better than I could have dreamed. Only one injury so far (Little's ankle) and I hope it's not too serious. We're gonna walk out of Death Valley pretty much intact as of now, and gave a great effort to boot so far.

blackfordpu
November 5th, 2005, 09:23 PM
GO APP ST.! SHOW THOSE I-A GUYS WHAT I-AA IS MADE OF! :nod:

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 09:25 PM
LSU starting QB still in.

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 09:27 PM
24/0

tarmac
November 5th, 2005, 09:42 PM
final LSU 24

APP 0

not a bad efort though.

Last week it was LSU 56

North Texas 3

yosefcity
November 5th, 2005, 09:42 PM
FINAL
ASU 0
LSU 24

Not to bad. We should hold our ranking IMO.

Appalachian
November 5th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I'm proud of my Apps! Held the #6 team to 14 through 3 full quarters.

ASU Kep
November 5th, 2005, 09:45 PM

Damn proud day to be a Mountaineer. They left it all out there. Oh, and anybody wanna say our defense ain't good NOW?

lugo02
November 5th, 2005, 09:46 PM
FINAL
ASU 0
LSU 24

because this was a meaningless game in terms of I-AA

JohnStOnge
November 5th, 2005, 09:47 PM

Yes. I'd have liked it if App's back hadn't dropped that TD pass that could've made it 14-7 in the third, though. That would've made things really interesting...changed the psychology of the game and all.

Tell you what...LSU has really hurt itself with turnovers and penalties all season but didn't this time. The Tigers had no turnovers and only two penalties for 25 yards. That makes App's performance look even better.

That LSU team beat Florida in spite of 5 turnovers (to Florida's 0) and 11 penalties. App didn't get the benefit of that kind of thing.

rcny46
November 5th, 2005, 09:47 PM
FINAL
ASU 0
LSU 24

If you don't,something is radically wrong with the polls.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2005, 09:48 PM
The LSU commentators have been raving all game about Richie. Multiple times they have stated he is the best quarterback LSU has seen all year by a mile.

This game has gone better than I could have dreamed. Only one injury so far (Little's ankle) and I hope it's not too serious. We're gonna walk out of Death Valley pretty much intact as of now, and gave a great effort to boot so far.

Told you guys they would not beat you by 30+. What exactly happened at Kansas, anyways?

Appalachian
November 5th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Yes. I'd have liked it if App's back hadn't dropped that TD pass that could've made it 14-7 in the third, though. That would've made things really interesting...changed the psychology of the game and all.

Too many missed opportunities, that could have made the game much closer, wish we could have scored.

WUTNDITWAA
November 5th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Kansas throttled Nebraska today, so they're not that bad. I don't think we were confident in our abilities back then. Hell, we had a couple of goofs in the redzone in that game in the first half that could have turned the tide in that one.

JohnStOnge
November 5th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Too many missed opportunities, that could have made the game much closer, wish we could have scored.

The one thing your guys messed up on was the false starts. That hurt their offensive continuity. They'd get a little bit going then get a false start and hurt their down/distance situations. But...hey...they're probably not accustomed to that kind of crowd noise.

Appalachian
November 5th, 2005, 10:00 PM
The one thing your guys messed up on was the false starts. That hurt their offensive continuity. They'd get a little bit going then get a false start and hurt their down/distance situations. But...hey...they're probably not accustomed to that kind of crowd noise.

The last time I can remember crowd noise that was even close to that was at Montana.

ASU Kep
November 5th, 2005, 10:12 PM
GSU beats Furman, App holds its own against LSU...good God it's a pretty darn good day to be a Mountaineer. We didn't beat LSU so I'd call it something like cloud seven and a half.
Lets just not look past WCU...but if we play half as good as we did tonight, SOCON = ours.

JohnStOnge
November 5th, 2005, 10:18 PM
GSU beats Furman, App holds its own against LSU...good God it's a pretty darn good day to be a Mountaineer. We didn't beat LSU so I'd call it something like cloud seven and a half.
Lets just not look past WCU...but if we play half as good as we did tonight, SOCON = ours.

I think the fact that App pulled players starting with their first series of the fourth quarter showed they're more focused on their conference games than anything else.

ASU Kep
November 5th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Yup. And thats a good thing. :)

Saint3333
November 5th, 2005, 11:11 PM
ASU out rushed LSU tonight.

ASU pulled its starter before LSU to concentrate on the SoCon and 1-AA playoffs.

Unforunately ASU 's best WR is hurt and likely out 3 weeks, just in time for the second round of the playoffs.

Hell of an effort boys, defense and offense played great. Beat WCU and Elon and lets see what you can do to end this playoff greatness drought!!!

ronpayne
November 6th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Great day to be a mountaineer! I didn't think (even with my over-optimism) that we'd hold them that close... great job! :deadhorse

umassfan
November 6th, 2005, 01:36 AM
ASU out rushed LSU tonight.

ASU pulled its starter before LSU to concentrate on the SoCon and 1-AA playoffs.

Unforunately ASU 's best WR is hurt and likely out 3 weeks, just in time for the second round of the playoffs.

Hell of an effort boys, defense and offense played great. Beat WCU and Elon and lets see what you can do to end this playoff greatness drought!!!
Are you sure about that? cuz from what I was told LSU pulled most of their key players at the half.

BlackSaturday
November 6th, 2005, 07:05 AM
QB Russell was still driving in the 4th quarter. It was 14-0 after 3 quarters, I would be suprised if they pulled their starters.

appst89
November 6th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Are you sure about that? cuz from what I was told LSU pulled most of their key players at the half.

LSU's starters stayed in until the middle of the 4th quarter. They played one or two series after ASU pulled their starters.

JohnStOnge
November 6th, 2005, 08:17 AM

I'll verify what's already been posted, UMass. LSU did not pull starters until App State did first. The score was only 14-0 at the end of the third quarter and only a dropped pass by an App State back kept it from being 14-7. No way was LSU going to pull its starters.

I was listening to the radio call and, after App sent in backups on its first posession of the fourth quarter, the sideline reporter said he'd been told App was going to do that because trying to win the conference is more important than trying to hang with LSU.

After App punted LSU's starting quarterback came into the game again and as far as I could tell so did the other offensive starters. After that series it was backups both ways.

LSU did play almost all of the game without its starting tailback, Joseph Addai. He tweaked an ankle and they held him out. But LSU is loaded at tailback. The guy who started for them during the 2003 SEC and BCS league championship games is third string now and would be fourth string if the #1 guy hadn't been knocked out for the year by a knee inury during summer.

App State played much of the second half without it's top receiver, who was injured on the kickoff return opening the third quarter.

No...this was not a case of LSU easing up or pulling starters. The Tigers had their hands full and would've had them even moreso if App State hadn't missed some opportunities to make plays (like the dropped TD pass as well as several other dropped balls). I don't think App could've won with LSU playing turnover free, minimal penalties ball as it did. But it could've been a lot more nerve wracking.

Saint3333
November 6th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Very good recap John. I was so impressed with our defense keeping their 1st string in check through 3 qtrs and our o-line, Richie, and Kev rushing like they did.