PDA

View Full Version : Gardner-Webb 7 Georgia Tech 10

OLDLCOACH111
October 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM
My Bulldogs played their hearts out........ I am proud of them, great game!!!
http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/stories/2008/10/11/georgia_tech_webb.html

ngineer
October 11th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Didn't believe the score when I saw it. Sounds like your guys did one hell of job. Great effort in what would have been a huge upset.xthumbsupx

kirkblitz
October 11th, 2008, 11:52 PM
i know i turned it to the radio in the last 4 minutes. I almost died when you missed that last FG :(

g-webb1994
October 12th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Patton has worn out his welcome, winning this game would have given him the job forever, like the win in hoops over UK gave Rick Scruggs full reign to continue his classless regime.

gobluehose1
October 12th, 2008, 12:18 AM
sounds like you guys could have pulled it off.....hopefully for our sakes you overlook us next week

Sly Fox
October 12th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Congrats on earning a ton of respect in a season when things haven't exactly gone your way.

Zoo
October 12th, 2008, 02:40 AM
You guys sure gave GT fits, but don't be worried about the outcome, despite the loss. The Gardner-Webb players played great today.

snakeeyes
October 12th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Congrats GWU This was a great game to sit at GTs home field, their fans were in absolute shock. Let this be a learning experience, now you know you can play with anyone and win. Great job defense and wow, Campbell great job coming in for injury Dolittle. Go Dawgs.
xbowx xbowx xbowx

appstate38
October 12th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I would want to watch the tape just to see you guys defend a Paul Johnson spread option offense. Must have been a great effort by the D.

APPStrongNC
October 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM
great games dogs. I saw the score scroll across the tv last night and was shocked. sounds like you guys showed how football is played here in cleveland county....
would have been a awesome upset....

catamount man
October 12th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Good showing from the runnin bulldogs!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ASU Tailgaiteer
October 12th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Great effort from Gardner Webb. Your football team is trying to follow in the tracks of your basketball team!

gsugt1
October 12th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I would want to watch the tape just to see you guys defend a Paul Johnson spread option offense. Must have been a great effort by the D.

Tech played it's 3rd string qb and the offense was off. I also think Tech was looking ahead to the showdown next weekend with Clemson.

Ivytalk
October 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Valiant effort by GWU!xbowx

slycat
October 12th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Congrats GWU. Fantastic effort.

Go...gate
October 12th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Great job!!! :)

JohnStOnge
October 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Tech played it's 3rd string qb and the offense was off. I also think Tech was looking ahead to the showdown next weekend with Clemson.

Georgia Tech had 79 yards rushing at 1.7 yards per attempt, 199 yards total offense, and 9 first downs. That's something else regardless of who Tech was playing at QB.

One thing I never looked at that's interesting though. In spite of their difficulties in the won/loss column, Gardner Webb has done an excellent job against the run.

Here's how much the Bullodgs have given up game by game:

Tennessee Tech 18
Tusculum 6
Austin Peay 98
Sam Houston State 24
Charleston Southern 37
Georgia Tech 79

The Austin Peay thing is kind of weird and I know Northern Arizona's had better stats so that Gardner Webb is #2 in FCS run defense. But that Georgia Tech thing is amazing. You're talking about a BCS league team that was averaging 294 yards rushing per game going in. They've averaged 276 yards per game and 5.4 per carry against other BCS league teams.

JohnStOnge
October 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Congrats GWU. Fantastic effort.

Yeah, if McNeese could play defense like that you wouldn't be feeling so swell today!

Hoseinexile07
October 12th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Nice job, GWU. Way to show out and represent the conference well. I'm not optimistic about our chances against y'all this weekend. xsmhx

justsaying
October 12th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Great Effortxbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

ASU
October 13th, 2008, 03:24 AM
I am from Rutherford County originally....had many family member go to Gardner Webb.....really a great effort....wonderful defense.

GWebbinIt
October 14th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Nice job, GWU. Way to show out and represent the conference well. I'm not optimistic about our chances against y'all this weekend. xsmhx

I dunno. We're good against the run, but passing teams have had all kinds of success against us this year.

Whatever happens, it's great to be playing Presbyterian again. A nice addition to the Big South.