PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern St. vs. Nicholls St.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Both teams punted on their first possession. Nicholls fumble recovered, Demons on the Nicholls 33 yard line.

TD Ziegler, 33 yard run!

Northwestern St. 7-0. 7:48 left in the 1st.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Nicholls St. breaks big run, but Demons intercept in the end zone a play or two after. Demons ball on the 20.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Nicholls St. 69 yard TD pass. Game tied 7-7 in the 2nd.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Demons long drive for TD. Northwestern St. leads 14-7 with 4:06 left in the 2nd Quarter.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 07:42 PM
TD Nicholls St. Colonels lead 17-14 with 9:35 left in the 3rd.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Northwestern St. FG, now tied 17-17 in the 3rd.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Nicholls State long run up the middle for a TD. Colonels lead 24-17 with just over 2 minutes left in the 3rd.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Northwestern St. TD, 11:44 in the 4th now tied 24-24. This is one heck of a game thus far.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 5th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Northwestern St. TD, 11:44 in the 4th now tied 24-24. This is one heck of a game thus far.

GO DEMONS!!!!!!!!!

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 08:36 PM
TD Colonels with 1:34 left in the 4th and lead the Demons 31-24.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Demons were driving but threw an interception. Colonels win 31-24. Looks like the Southland will definitely get 2 bids - Nicholls St. the autobid and Texas St. an at-large bid based on the upcoming schedule for both teams.

blackfordpu
November 5th, 2005, 09:07 PM
SLC will most likely not get an at-large bid this season. The outright winner will go the the playoffs and that is it.

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2005, 09:08 PM
I'm a big fan of the underdog, go Nicholls! :)

Only team that has put it to us thus far this year in the SLC...

griz37
November 5th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Even if both teams win out? I would guess that Texas St. could get an at large.

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2005, 09:14 PM
If both teams win out, both go dancing. Thank goodness...

I am rooting for both teams to win out. Two SLC teams!

blackfordpu
November 5th, 2005, 09:15 PM
If both teams win out, both go dancing. Thank goodness...

I am rooting for both teams to win out. Two SLC teams!

TT, you realize then that you are hoping that the bobkitties defeat the Kats right? :confused: :( :mad:

HPCAT
November 5th, 2005, 09:21 PM
SLC will most likely not get an at-large bid this season. The outright winner will go the the playoffs and that is it.

If there is an outright winner, I might agree, but there may be a shared title this year just like last year. If it is Nicholls and TXST, both teams may go to the playoffs.

HPCAT
November 5th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I'm a big fan of the underdog, go Nicholls! :)

Only team that has put it to us thus far this year in the SLC...

The key term there is "thus far". :D

I couldn't resist that one.

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Kats would love nothing more than to spoil the SLC and playoff hopes for the Cats! :)

JohnStOnge
November 5th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Demons were driving but threw an interception. Colonels win 31-24. Looks like the Southland will definitely get 2 bids - Nicholls St. the autobid and Texas St. an at-large bid based on the upcoming schedule for both teams.

Only thing is that about the only thing McNeese has done well over the past two seasons is stop that double wing option offense. Also, in spite of their loss today, I think SE LA is pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing the Colonels get in though.

JohnStOnge
November 5th, 2005, 10:06 PM

What I'd say is the only way the SLC will get two bids is if Nicholls State gets the automatic bid. But that's certainly possible. I think Texas State gets in if it wins even one of its last two games...as long as South Dakota State counts as a Division I win. I'm not sure about that because the Jackrabbits are transitional.

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2005, 11:12 PM
What I'd say is the only way the SLC will get two bids is if Nicholls State gets the automatic bid. But that's certainly possible. I think Texas State gets in if it wins even one of its last two games...as long as South Dakota State counts as a Division I win. I'm not sure about that because the Jackrabbits are transitional.

It's a no-brainer. If Nicholls St. wins out (highly likely IMO based on recent playing by Southeastern and McNeese) and Texas St. wins out, Nicholls St. gets the autobid and Texas St. easily gets the at-large bid. I see absolutely no reason why Texas St. would lose at home to SHSU and on the road at SFA.

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2005, 10:53 AM
It's a no-brainer. If Nicholls St. wins out (highly likely IMO based on recent playing by Southeastern and McNeese) and Texas St. wins out, Nicholls St. gets the autobid and Texas St. easily gets the at-large bid. I see absolutely no reason why Texas St. would lose at home to SHSU and on the road at SFA.

If the Kats can find some consistency on the offensive side of the ball they will win out. Especially if Pate and the recievers continue to play well. History has shown us this season that the Kats have a hard time with this but with a "veteran" QB in to lead now who knows.

GO KATS!

bisonguy
November 6th, 2005, 01:18 PM

AFAIK, SDSU should count as a DI win. From what I've researched on the subject, they counted as a DII opponent last year (although they did not have to follow DII grant levels) and counts as a DI opponent from the second year of transition(this year). This may or may not have been the reason why Cal-Poly was left at home last year (wins against NDSU and SDSU).

JohnStOnge
November 6th, 2005, 03:35 PM

I think both Sam Houston and SFA have talent and the potential to upset Texas State if they play well. Sam Houston particularly if the BearKats can avoid shooting themselves in the foot. And SFA beat the best team they've played so far this year yesterday. Texas State's guys need to really make sure they keep their heads screwed on straight and stay focused.

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I think both Sam Houston and SFA have talent and the potential to upset Texas State if they play well. Sam Houston particularly if the BearKats can avoid shooting themselves in the foot. And SFA beat the best team they've played so far this year yesterday. Texas State's guys need to really make sure they keep their heads screwed on straight and stay focused.

Agreed, Texas State's last two games will be no cake walks.

TexasTerror
November 6th, 2005, 04:02 PM
AFAIK, SDSU should count as a DI win. From what I've researched on the subject, they counted as a DII opponent last year (although they did not have to follow DII grant levels) and counts as a DI opponent from the second year of transition(this year). This may or may not have been the reason why Cal-Poly was left at home last year (wins against NDSU and SDSU).

NDSU and SDSU are counted as Div I wins. It's those two Div II games that could bite them in the tailend if they lose to SFA or SHSU. That's the risk you take. Sam did it last year with Ouachita and Tarleton.