PDA

View Full Version : I have to complain about the whistles this year.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 11th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I just want to officially complain about the way the refs are whistling the plays dead. This is across the board, not one particular game or conference. I myself think it is hurting the game and the players and they need to start blowing plays dead much sooner. I'm tired of plays where they almost don't blow a whistle and then they want to call a pf for a late hit. It's really the refs fault because they just won't blow the whistle when they should. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

Chi Panther
October 11th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I just want to officially complain about the way the refs are whistling the plays dead. This is across the board, not one particular game or conference. I myself think it is hurting the game and the players and they need to start blowing plays dead much sooner. I'm tired of plays where they almost don't blow a whistle and then they want to call a pf for a late hit. It's really the refs fault because they just won't blow the whistle when they should. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

I agree.

Corey Lewis was a victim of this IMO.

I also don't like that the Horse Collar was called rampant the first 3 games...and hasn't been really called since where multiple have occured.

All this being said....when you step on the Football Field....prepare to protect yourself.xthumbsupx

phoenixphanatic21
October 11th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I agree.

Corey Lewis was a victim of this IMO.

I also don't like that the Horse Collar was called rampant the first 3 games...and hasn't been really called since where multiple have occured.

All this being said....when you step on the Football Field....prepare to protect yourself.xthumbsupx

The way some refs have been, you won't have to protect yourself too much. The refs will be doing plenty of that for you, especially if you are a quarterback or a kicker/punter.

stevdock
October 12th, 2008, 06:04 AM
I completely agree about the horsecollar calls. We had a few called on us during the YSU game that were shown that were questionable at best. And then the last two weeks I've seen a few that were horsecollars that weren't called at all.

What we've had an issue with the last couple of weeks is the refs having to confer way too much and messing up the flow of the game. Why does it take 5 minutes to put the ball on the 40 after a kick out of bounds or why does it take even longer after an onside kick to put the ball down to run out the clock?? Yes we've had our issues as a team but these seem to make things much worse.

blazrdog#1
October 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM
All of you pansy momma's boys go sit on the porch.....come on down south where we let the players offense when they have the ball...and defense when they don't have it....Pat Sullivan would have you
arse clowns doing stadiums!!!

aust42
October 12th, 2008, 09:31 AM
The Horsecollar rule is the worst rule ever implemented. It penalizes a defender for making a tackle from behind. Preventing injuries is the intent of the rule but how far can you go? What's next? Banning tackling below the waist to prevent knee and ankle injuries. Go play soccer and quit fcking up the game of football.

Another thing I have noticed this year is the refs keeping the clock running when the ball carrier is clearly knocked out of bounds. That's what I hate about the NFL, a runner gets knocked out of bounds and they keep the clock running. I guess their calling forward progress as soon as the runner is touched? This isn't touch football for God's sakes.

Unfortunately it looks like the NCAA is changing the college game to resemble the NFL. One of the reasons why I loved the college game so much more than the NFL is because there was a lot more plays b/c of the original clock rules, there were no horse**** penalties (horse collar, roughing the passer, helmut to helmut, spearing, etc. Now the NCAA has changed the clock rules, implemented new rules and rigorously and questionably enforcing them.