LAFAYETTE @ Liberty
3:30 PM

vs. OOCs

Overall: 14-14
Ivy League: 6-8

carney2
October 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM
HOLY CROSS @ Dartmouth
A relative week off for the ‘saders after the schedule they’ve been through.

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN
This was one of the games I thought the Hoyas might grab. The Buffs however, seem to have found a little magic.

Yale @ FORDHAM
The Rams are looking a lot like what we expected of them last year. There won’t be many deferring to the defending champs from here on.

COLGATE @ Cornell
The Big Red are still middle of the pack Ivy and probably not good enough for this. Not a romp for the ‘gaters.

LEHIGH @ Harvard
Some of the Brownies feel they’ve turned the corner. Time for a reality check.

LAFAYETTE @ Liberty
If the Pards don’t find their misplaced offense this one could get really ugly.

ngineer
October 11th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Holy Cross will be 'going Green' this week in a big way, 38-17

Bucknell showing life and will be a 'rockin', 28-14.

Fordham will be smarting from loss to Lehigh, and will fall further into funkland losing to Eli's second coming, 31-21.

Colgate's run game will be severely tested by a stout Cornell run defense. Raiders will take a 'pass' and slip by SUNY-Ithaca, 24-21.

Liberty appears to be making some noise down South, and if Lafayette plays like Freedom (HS), there will be no justice on College Hill. Flames do some lickin', 31-27.

Lehigh is feeling much better after bagging the Rams, and will need all that good mojo and more to upset the Crimson in Cambridge. While a win is possible, the paper and the stats say the Yaaarrrd will prevail, 38-34.

LehighFan11
October 12th, 2008, 07:03 PM
HOLY CROSS @ Dartmouth, Holy Cross seams like they discovered how to win close games, HC by 17

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN, this could be a very good game, I'll take Bucknell and their improved offense by 3.

Yale @ FORDHAM, Fordham needs some confidence badly and the only way I think they get it is a close lose this week, yale by 7

COLGATE @ Cornell, Colgate is very dangerous, could be tough since on the road but Colgate by 10

LEHIGH @ Harvard, Harvard will know how to pick apart the lehigh D, I don't see much chance here, Harvard by 13

LAFAYETTE @ Liberty, this is a very interesting game that I'll be keeping a close eye on, Liberty has hopes of playing in the playoffs, they better not overlook Lafayette, but I'll take Liberty by 7

LCFan21
October 13th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Lafayette @ Liberty - gotta take Liberty after watching the LC offense take 5 steps backward last week. History would tell you LC does not win these types of games.

Harvard
Yale
Bucknell
HC
Cornell

LeopardFan04
October 13th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Yale
Cornell
Harvard
Liberty

LU73
October 14th, 2008, 11:14 AM
HC
Bucknell
Yale
Cornell
Lehigh
Liberty

colorless raider
October 14th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Bucknell
Yale
Liberty
Gate

TheValleyRaider
October 14th, 2008, 02:22 PM
A strong 5-1 last week puts me at 21-11 for the season

Holy Cross at Dartmouth Holy Cross Honestly, Colgate's win over the Green never looks very good, but it's looking worse and worse as Dartmouth struggles through the rest of their schedule. Another big day for Randolph as the Crusaders get back to .500

Bucknell at Georgetown Bucknell Coming into the year, I saw Bucknell as a stalking horse that could ruin someone's title campaign, and so far I wonder if they're actually playing too well to sneak up on someone. The Bison should get another win here, especially since the road team has won the last 4 in this series

Yale at Fordham Fordham I really want to pick Fordham to start righting their ship, and I'm not convinced Yale is all that tough this year. So screw it, I'm taking the League homer pick and the home team, the Rams regain something on the season with an Ivy win

Colgate at Cornell Colgate Cornell got exposed last weekend at Harvard after 3 tight wins over slightly inferior competition. I think Colgate, on offense at least, is closer to the Harvard level than Bucknell and Lehigh. That, and I'm mighty sick and tired of losing to these SOBs

Lehigh at Harvard Harvard The Hawks saved their season for the timebeing with a big home win over the Rams. Unfortuately, this is a road game, and Harvard looks to be a good side. Fortunately, a loss doesn't negatively impact Lehigh's standing in the Patriot League race. I hope I'm wrong

Lafayette at Liberty Liberty I went back and forth on this one for a couple of days now. Lafayette likes to play it close to the vest, and uses ball-control, a tough defense, and minimal mistakes to win. That's a formula for beating a ranked team on the road. But, Liberty looks quite good this year, and while I want to see the Pards get a big win for the League, I have a hard time seeing it with the recent struggles of their offense, and the game being held in Lynchburg. I hope I'm wrong

Honestly, this was a tough week. You could easily see 4 or 5 of these going the other way, or at least down to the wire

Fordham
October 14th, 2008, 02:41 PM
HC
Gtown
Yale
Colgate
Harvard
Liberty

LUHawker
October 14th, 2008, 04:05 PM
HOLY CROSS @ Dartmouth - Purples too strong for the Greens.

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN - Bucknell is better than most thought and Gtown are worse than expected. Bison by 12

Yale @ FORDHAM - Tough game to pick. Fordham has been up and down, but I think they work it out in da Bronx. Fordham

COLGATE @ Cornell - Colgate in a tight one.

LEHIGH @ Harvard - Before this weekend, I would have said Harvard straight away, but Lehigh played a very solid game against the Rams. Harvard smoked Cornell. Lehigh plays Harvard well, but might be too much. Harvard by 3 38-35, but I reserve the right to change my mind before game time.

LAFAYETTE @ Liberty - Lafayette is 4-1, but against relatively weak competition. Liberty has the real deal at RB so it'll be interesting to see how LC's much vaunted defense does. Liberty by 10.

Pard4Life
October 15th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Yale - looked like a game of the week until Fordham turned into a lame duck
Colgate, but Cornell will make a tough game
Harvard - if Lehigh wins I won't know what to think about the Brown anymore this year
Liberty - great RB, strong OL, good QB = Pards lose

ColgateTD
October 15th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Yale
Colgate
Harvard
Liberty

Record: 24-8

jdb037
October 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Holy Cross by 13
Bucknell by 6
Yale by 17
Colgate by 1
Harvard by 14
Liberty by 21

carney2
October 16th, 2008, 10:45 AM
The official line for this Saturday:

HOLY CROSS by 15 over Dartmouth

BUCKNELL by 3 1/2 over GEORGETOWN

Yale by 7 over FORDHAM

Cornell by 5 over COLGATE

Harvard by 11 over LEHIGH

Liberty by 8 over LAFAYETTE

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Holy Cross 45 Darmouth 24: HC can put up a lot of points but they can sure give them up too. Still, the Big Green aren't enough of a threat to pull of a win.

Bucknell 31 Georgetown 10: The Hoyas might be headed for their worst season since they've joined the PL. The Bison seem poised to excape their seat at the bottom of the league ranks this year.

Yale 35 Fordham 21: The Rams don't seem to have the mojo they had last year. After seeing them against Lehigh i can't help to think they're headed for a 5-6 type year. The Eli seem positioned to battle for the Ivy crown.

Colgate 26 Cornell 17: A good rivalry game matching two solid teams. I think Colgate has the advantage with Scott in the backfield. Cornell has a solid passing game but Scott and Co. should be able to wear down the Big Red's D and keep their O off the field.

Lafayette 24 Liberty 20: Everyone seems to be picking the Flames for some reason. I'll take the Pards defense against a talented trio for Liberty.

Lehigh 34 Harvard 31: I'll go with a little bit of a heart pick but with reason. Lehigh always plays the Crimson tough. 5-6 Lehigh beat Ivy champ Harvard last year 20-13. I think Lehigh rides a little bit of momentum into Cambridge after their win over Fordham and puts up a big W. This pick is contigent upon Coen keeping the playbook open.

25-7 Overall
6-0 Last Week

letsgopards04
October 16th, 2008, 03:27 PM
HOLY CROSS @ Dartmouth
12:30 PM

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN
1:00 PM

Yale @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Cornell

LEHIGH @ Harvard

LAFAYETTE @ Liberty
3:30 PM

hc12
October 16th, 2008, 05:27 PM
HC 45 dartmouth21
BUCKNELL 21 georgetown 20
YALE 28 fordham 17
COLGATE 24 cornell 21 double ot
HARVARD 35 lehigh 14
LIBERTY 28 lafayette 17

bison137
October 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
HC
BU
Yale
Cornell
Harvard
Liberty

CrusaderBob
October 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Last Week: 5 -1
Year to Date: 23 - 7

The Picks.

Not much disagreement here this week. Looks like the closest game by picks is Colgate vs. Cornell but even that has lopsided picks 13 - 4 in favor of Dentifrice Makers, though I don't know why.

I see no reason to buck the trends, save that one.

HC
Bucknell
Yale
Cornell
Harvard
Liberty

Lehigh Football Nation
October 17th, 2008, 04:41 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/10/friday-water-cooler-finding-patriot.html

My picks are in - after a torrid 5-1 week - and I talk about how much Patriot League football is out there these days, on TV, radio and the internet.

My question is - where are Ken_Z's picks? Or is he still compiling his notes from midnight madness?

bison137
October 17th, 2008, 05:45 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/10/friday-water-cooler-finding-patriot.html

My question is - where are Ken_Z's picks? Or is he still compiling his notes from midnight madness?

I believe he has been thrown into a state of confusion as to who is playing whom this week due to TSN referring to Lafayette as the "Mountain Hawks" in its current game previews. xlolx

Not sure if this was a nickname change mandated by Carney or simply a mistake.

Go...gate
October 17th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Holy Cross 34, Dartmouth 16

Bucknell 27, Georgetown 3

Fordham 24, Yale 21

Colgate 22, Cornell 20

Harvard 31, Lehigh 26

Liberty 28, Lafayette 24

carney2
October 17th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I believe he has been thrown into a state of confusion as to who is playing whom this week due to TSN referring to Lafayette as the "Mountain Hawks" in its current game previews. xlolx

Not sure if this was a nickname change mandated by Carney or simply a mistake.

You can bet I would have come up with something better than "Mountain Hawks."

The Cats
October 17th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Holy Cross Dartmouth

Bucknell Georgetown

Fordham Yale

Colgate Cornell

Harvard Lehigh

Liberty Lafayette

Ken_Z
October 18th, 2008, 11:21 AM
sorry to post so late, but the Easton bookies told me to hold my picks. apparently, carney has been using my insights to batter the local bookies and begin building a huge stash of cash. while i fell no sympathy for the bookies, rumor was carney was about to fund the new Carney Pavillion for the Laf hoopsters in adesperate attempt to achieve the success the Bison have already tasted. couldn't let that happen.

HOLY CROSS 24 @ Dartmouth 14: Crossers cut up Dartmouth

BUCKNELL 42 @ GEORGETOWN 17: we dominated the NEC, now we turn our attention to the PL

Yale 21 @ FORDHAM 20: Fordham's season of frustration continues

COLGATE 28 @ Cornell 24: gaters win the annual championship of the middle of nowhere NY

LEHIGH 14 @ Harvard 35: Lehigh fans who thought the team turned the corner last week need to think again after this week

LAFAYETTE 13 @ Liberty 28: word on the street is that without my picks, carney bet the farm on the Leps. Carny Pavillion is back to pipe dream status.