October 11th, 2008, 03:22 PM
score..... WCU 21 - FU 28 4th quarter..... 10:30 remaining in game

ASU88
October 11th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Good showing, Western.

Now finish it and pull the upset!

The Cats
October 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well.... IMO, the homer SoCon officials saved the game for Furman with a "late" offensive pass interference call with the Cats driving to tie the score.

Cats lose to FU 21 to 28.

eaglewraith
October 11th, 2008, 04:03 PM
SoCon refs have sucked it up more than normal this year.

The next game that we play that Trexler and his ilk officiate I'll probably end up in jail for trying to go on the field and choke that SOB.

The Cats
October 11th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Team Stats

First Downs................. WCU 27 --------- FU 17
Plays-Net Yards.............WCU 77-398 --- FU 59-316
Time of Poss.................WCU 32:14 ----- FU 27:46

No doubt.... this game was winnable for the Catamounts. I think the Wagner difference is starting to be visible, and these guys are starting to believe in themselves.

TheOne14
October 11th, 2008, 05:25 PM
How did Jaynes look at QB?

The Cats
October 11th, 2008, 06:30 PM
How did Jaynes look at QB?

Pretty good.....

CAREER-DAY FOR Zack Jaynes: In his first career start, red-shirt freshman QB Zack Jaynes completed a career-best 33-of-48 for a career-high 302 yards and two touchdowns ... he also recorded his first career rushing touchdown early in the fourth quarter to pull WCU to within a score, 28-21, scrambling up the middle from four yards out.

NET YARDS PASSING............. 302
Completions-Attempts-Int.... 33-48-1
Average Per Attempt......... 6.3
Average Per Completion...... 9.2
Passing Touchdowns.......... 2

woffordgrad94
October 11th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Nice job, Catamounts. You guys have a lot of heart, and it was nice to see you make Furman sweat so. Too bad you couldn't pull it out, but you showed me something, just like you did last year on that Thursday might when you made a blowout game vs. us very close in the end!

Appaholic
October 11th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Well.... IMO, the homer SoCon officials saved the game for Furman with a "late" offensive pass interference call with the Cats driving to tie the score.

Cats lose to FU 21 to 28.

Not surprising.....probably the same ref crew we had when we played at Furman last year....I can relate and feel your pain at that issue....SoCon refs look up to MEAC refs.....xsmhx

furman94
October 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Pshh! We hate em as much as yall do! Trust me! We dont get many home cookin' calls. Many of the calls are questionable and high-schoolish at best...

catamount man
October 11th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Hell of a ballgame and I am sun burnt and hoarse. Man, so close to pulling off the comeback upset. We're getting there and Zack poses 2 threats instead of just 1. Have a feeling our earlier starter Andy Horn won't get his job back. Good showing Catamounts. Now go beat Wofford!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

furman94
October 11th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Great showing by the 'whee-cats! Furman will have to improve this week to make the playoffs, and yall proved to be the much needed competition to wake this team up from our 3 week post-Delaware slumber. BEAT WOFFORD! I know you can do it! You almost did it to us! :D

catamount man
October 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Great showing by the 'whee-cats! BEAT WOFFORD! I know you can do it! You almost did it to us :D!

We'll certainly try!

woffordgrad94
October 11th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Sorry, guys. I hate to rain on your parade, but we've never lost to WCU in our house, and we've no plans to start now!:p xthumbsupx xpeacex

TheOne14
October 11th, 2008, 08:59 PM
That's great to hear.. Zack is a great talent, watched him through High School.. Hope you stick it to Wofford!

The Cats
October 11th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Sorry, guys. I hate to rain on your parade, but we've never lost to WCU in our house, and we've no plans to start now!:p xthumbsupx xpeacex

didn't know there was a parade to rain on...... but - Western is going to stick it to someone this year..... might as well be the puppy dogs. xsmiley_wix

apaladin
October 11th, 2008, 09:14 PM
The late pass interference penalty actually helped WCU. Without it WCU would have been faced with 3rd and 15. After the penalty and replay of second down WCU had a 3rd and 13. FU has not shown the killer instinct or maybe they are just not good enough to finish the deal. Up 21-0 they sort of didn't do much after that. They are certainly not good enough to let up on anyone if that's what happened. 3 games in a row now the 'dins have looked very mediocre and not sharp at all.

The Cats
October 11th, 2008, 09:52 PM
The late pass interference penalty actually helped WCU.

how do you figure....?????

It was 2d and 18 (due to Jaynes lone sack). the pass interference put them 15 yards back to the Furman 41. Jaynes completed a 18 yard pass to bring it back to the Furman 23, it is THEN 3d and 15.

that's a interesting way to figure the "late" interference call "helped" Western...... (the offensive pass interference call was "questionable" at best)

from the game play by play.....

W 2-18 F26 Timeout Western Carolina, clock 01:03.
W 2-18 F26 PENALTY WCU pass interference (1-Adam Hearns) 15 yards to the FUR41.
W 2-33 F41 12-Zack Jaynes pass complete to 83-Nate Harris for 18 yards to the FUR23 (1-W. Middleton).

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2008, 10:12 PM
how do you figure....?????

It was 2d and 18 (due to Jaynes lone sack). the pass interference put them 15 yards back to the Furman 41. Jaynes completed a 18 yard pass to bring it back to the Furman 23, it is THEN 3d and 15.

that's a interesting way to figure the "late" interference call "helped" Western...... (the offensive pass interference call was "questionable" at best)

from the game play by play.....

W 2-18 F26 Timeout Western Carolina, clock 01:03.
W 2-18 F26 PENALTY WCU pass interference (1-Adam Hearns) 15 yards to the FUR41.
W 2-33 F41 12-Zack Jaynes pass complete to 83-Nate Harris for 18 yards to the FUR23 (1-W. Middleton).
you said ot yourself. Withiut the penalty, you're sitting 3rd and 18. After the penalty and the pass, you were sitting 3rd and 15.

The Cats
October 11th, 2008, 10:46 PM
you said ot yourself. Withiut the penalty, you're sitting 3rd and 18. After the penalty and the pass, you were sitting 3rd and 15.

but without the penalty, you pass for 18 yards on the next play and it's a first down.

I'd certainly prefer a 3d and 18 to a 2d and 33 any day of the week.

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2008, 11:04 PM
but without the penalty, you pass for 18 yards on the next play and it's a first down.

I'd certainly prefer a 3d and 18 to a 2d and 33 any day of the week.xlolx xlolx It doesn't work that way. xlolx xlolx The play they called on 2nd and forever is more than likely a very different from the one they would have called on 3rd and 18.

The Cats
October 11th, 2008, 11:25 PM
xlolx xlolx It doesn't work that way. xlolx xlolx .

I'd rather have a 3d and 18 than a 2d and 33, regardless of the next play to be called.

catamount man
October 12th, 2008, 08:16 AM
xlolx xlolx It doesn't work that way. xlolx xlolx The play they called on 2nd and forever is more than likely a very different from the one they would have called on 3rd and 18.

I was hoping you may have dropped by the Catamount Club's tailgate over behind the visitor stands to say hello. What a game eh?!

Proud of my boys for coming back and almost taking this one but we have to show up all 4 quarters. It's coming though......oh yes, it's coming.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Death Dealer
October 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I was hoping you may have dropped by the Catamount Club's tailgate over behind the visitor stands to say hello. What a game eh?!

Proud of my boys for coming back and almost taking this one but we have to show up all 4 quarters. It's coming though......oh yes, it's coming.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I should have. I had 28 of my old frat brothers and their families at my tailgate. We had a reunion, lots of 20 yearers in there. I'll be there in two.

Maybe we can get together in the 'whee next year. You should be proud of your team. They played a great game.

catamount man
October 12th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I should have. I had 28 of my old frat brothers and their families at my tailgate. We had a reunion, lots of 20 yearers in there. I'll be there in two.

Maybe we can get together in the 'whee next year. You should be proud of your team. They played a great game.

Thanks. If they can just put 4 whole quarters together, sheesh. But yeah, yesterday was a blast...except the final score.;)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Reign of Terrier
October 12th, 2008, 08:54 PM
From what I saw on the TV game against Samford, there aren't a lot of seniors starting for Western. They'll be very competitive in about two years.