PDA

View Full Version : Furman at GSU

Chi Panther
November 5th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Awesome intro on Fox Sports South.....

Looks to be a great game!!!!

Hansel
November 5th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Hope it is in widescreen or "HD" otherwise they won't be able to fit both Cappy and Baldy in any camera shots :p

Chi Panther
November 5th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Foster sure is quick.....

Didn't realize that Martin was also the punter.....

Chi Panther
November 5th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Furman scores, fumbles into endzone but recovers.

7-0 FU 1:56 left in 1st

Chi Panther
November 5th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Foster with a nice run.....7-7 first play of 2nd quarter....

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Even though he was past the line of scrimmage, did he throw that with the opposite hand?!!!!!

Chi Panther
November 5th, 2005, 04:11 PM
14-10 GSU......6:00 left in 2nd

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Wow ... Ga. Southern fumbles in the end zone and Furman recovers. 1:30 to play in the half. 14-10 GSU.

Fumble may have been a lousy call by the refs. Looks like he broke the plane.

Chi Panther
November 5th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Very Interesting......

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 04:25 PM
14-10 GSU at the half.

Sewak gave the ref a really big piece of his mind as they headed to the locker room.

Appalachian
November 5th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Terrible call on the fumble, he was 2 yards in the endzone! GO EAGLES!

LarryBoy
November 5th, 2005, 04:29 PM
My gut says it was a TD, but you can't see in the replay when it started coming out, or if he was bobbling, anything like that.

Anyways, I'll bet we'll be hearing about this for, oh, 15 years or so.

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Speaking of that intro Chi Panther mentioned, I hated it. The last thing I wanted to see today was a replay of that last-second Martin TD at Jax State. Didn't they have some other film they could have run?

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Furman 17-14 on a Martin BOMB from 39 yards out. What a pass!

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Long pass from Foster to McCutcheon puts Southern at the 30-something. Still 17-14 with 8:00 to go in the third.

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Austin TD makes it 20-17 Ga. Southern. PAT goes wide right. 6:44 to go in the third.

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 05:09 PM
26-yard run by Felton makes it 23-20 for the guys in Purple. Kickk's good. 24-20 FU. 5:12 to go in the 3rd.

Saint3333
November 5th, 2005, 05:11 PM
My gut and eyes agree with you on both aspects. It was a TD and depending on the outcome we will be hearing about it (with good reason) for 15 years, well at least for the rest of this season.

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Southern loses a TD to a holding call with 1:50 to play.

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 05:50 PM
GSU Drivin... 130 to go

JaxSinfonian
45-yard Foster pass to Dickerson gets the ball to the 8 with about a minute to go. Crowd was waking up again ...

Hansel
Where on the Field is GSU, keep the updates coming...

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 05:53 PM
"Whose house?" "Our house!"

1:05 to go, 2nd and goal, at the 4, 1:05 to play

JaxSinfonian
Austin powers in for a TD.

26-24 Southern. 1:02 to play.

ISUMatt
TD GSU 1 minute to go
27-24 GSU

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 05:54 PM
PAT's good. 27-20 GSU. 1:02 to play.

Don't count Furman out. Trust me, of all people on AGS, trust me on this one.

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Furman recovers the kick at the 38. 57 seconds to go.

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Furman calls TO after an 8-yard short pass. No FU timeouts remaining. GSU's got 2

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 05:59 PM
FU in FG range...35 ticks left

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 05:59 PM
INT GSU WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANother new #1 this week

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Martin throws an INT. Not looking good for #1.

skinny_uncle
November 5th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Tried to warn them guys about that #1 jinx.

JaxSinfonian
November 5th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Game over.

JaxSinfonian
Their house, indeed.

Saint3333
I told you the week of the GSU-ASU game, GSU doesn't lose twice in Statesboro in the same year.

Well ASU you control your destiny!

Lehigh Lover
November 5th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Bubble teams across the nation just cringed after that one.

Hansel
November 5th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Bubble teams across the nation just cringed after that one.
:nod:

Coastal89
November 5th, 2005, 06:04 PM
drunkfest in Statesboro tonight

WUTNDITWAA
November 5th, 2005, 06:09 PM
drunkfest in Statesboro tonight

Ever been to gnatsboro? They don't need a football victory to have a drunkfest. :beerchug:

PIRATETIZED1
November 5th, 2005, 06:10 PM
:cool:

Hamptongal
November 5th, 2005, 06:18 PM
:cool:
IF #1 is so cursed we don't want it either PIRATETIZED... :eek: YEAH RIGHT. IT WILL CAUSE A TON OF CONTROVERSY THOUGH. BIG IF!

EagleCrusade
November 5th, 2005, 07:10 PM
First time I have ever witnessed the fans rushing the field for a regular season game! WOW! WOW! WOW! WHAT A GAME!!!

THIS TOWN IS ONE BIG PARTY...SPEAKING OF WHICH.....later fools!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2005, 07:29 PM
80 rushes for 430 yards by GSU...that's one heck of a rushing O...

It was the most excited I think I have seen the fans in a long time. A great game, and two at large bids for the Socon is likely now...

Seven Would Be Nice
November 5th, 2005, 07:59 PM
this was the most excited i have ever seen the fans at GSU.. you could feel it in the air before kickoff. you could tell it was going to be one crazy game.

I almost got sick to my stomache when we had that TD called back for holding.. i thought it was going to be another repeat of the Mcneese State game.

So ya'll watching the replay at home thought that foster was in for the TD before half time? it was hard to tell on our replay screen from the student section.. we were angry. there were a few calls that i thought were pretty poor. :mad:

shoot, time to go.. ahh the after parties :D :D

eaglesrthe1
November 5th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Students rush from the stands and celebrate at midfield after GSU defeats the #1 ranked team. Goalposts and buses remain intact. News at 11. :D

yosefcity
November 5th, 2005, 08:14 PM
He was in by a mile. The refs screwed ya.

blackfordpu
November 5th, 2005, 09:06 PM
And the AGS #1 team curse remains intact.

GaSouthern
November 5th, 2005, 09:29 PM
The ref's were a joke and I am glad they took the heat from sewak.

This was the best GSU game I have ever watched in person (last three years) and I am glad we were up to the challenge of not only beating #1 Furman but also the ref's!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2005, 09:59 PM
And the AGS #1 team curse remains intact.

I think this time it was "the curse of the team that has to play in Paulson Stadum against an GSU team that has something to prove"
:D

ASU Kep
November 5th, 2005, 10:37 PM
I think this time it was "the curse of the team that has to play in Paulson Stadum against an GSU team that has something to prove"
:D

Yah, thats definitely a tough curse.

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2005, 08:40 AM
I cant believe with all of these close games Pringle martin had this year and the whole team knows how to come from behind in the last second and they choked, with two touchdowns called back for the eagles and all kinds of horrible calls they were given every chance in the world to win and FURMAN and LAMB and INGLE CHOKED! I love it.

youwouldno
November 6th, 2005, 10:05 AM
It's sad that even when GSU wins, Eagle fans whine incessantly about the refs. Typical but sad.

Next time the teams meet, the outcome will be a lot less to GSU's liking... enjoy victory while it lasts.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 6th, 2005, 10:11 AM
It's sad that even when GSU wins, Eagle fans whine incessantly about the refs. Typical but sad.

Next time the teams meet, the outcome will be a lot less to GSU's liking... enjoy victory while it lasts.

when you are ten yards away from the play, and you see the ref spot the ball two yards back from where he was down. its hard not to complain :p

LarryBoy
November 6th, 2005, 10:20 AM
I didn't want to bring this out, but now I have no other choice.

The touchdown pass called back because of "illegal forward pass"? The replay showed that he was a good yard behind the line of scrimmage. Considering that cost us 4 points, I'd say that was a pretty important call as well.

Your guys fought hard and deserved it. But another year of the ref-whining is old...especially since you won, I'd think you guys are above that.

sceagle
November 6th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Hey it's not just us. The officials always "botch" calls in Furman's favor. Something has to be done because it happens way too often. I am sick and tired of seeing it happen time after time. A10/CAA, got room for one more?

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2005, 10:34 AM
or we could go big south and win for the next 20 years or until we go I-A

youwouldno
November 6th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Hey it's not just us. The officials always "botch" calls in Furman's favor. Something has to be done because it happens way too often. I am sick and tired of seeing it happen time after time. A10/CAA, got room for one more?

More likely explanation is that some GSU fans (i.e. yourself) are just idiots that can't look at any call objectively.

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2005, 11:04 AM
More likely explanation is that some GSU fans (i.e. yourself) are just idiots that can't look at any call objectively.

then its clear you did not see our stolen TD that played over and over on the screen.

GSUISBACK
November 6th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Bitter

eaglesrthe1
November 6th, 2005, 11:18 AM

Sticks and stones may break our bones but names (nor FU fans with sticks and stones) will never hurt us. :lmao:

Like the MacDonalds commercial, "I'm Loving It"!

yosefcity
November 6th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Its not just GSU fans who have problems with socon refs. It seems like they always favor furple.

ButlerGSU
November 6th, 2005, 02:18 PM

Just like Furman fans to talk smack all week long then lose but keep talking smack

OL FU
November 7th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Just like Furman fans to talk smack all week long then lose but keep talking smack

No Smack, good win. It was very telling to watch GSU drive for 7plus minutes at the end of the game to win it. We had four miracle wins, now that we did not get one, we will take four more. :)

Go Western.

mlbowl
November 7th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Hope it is in widescreen or "HD" otherwise they won't be able to fit both Cappy and Baldy in any camera shots :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid193/pcc4754bf2fcaa0c153a2e4c936d01a77/f18d6a43.jpg

mlbowl
November 7th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Here are some pics from the GSU/Furman game....

Furman@GSU "various pics" (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2117880936&code=19163703&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite)

LacesOut
November 7th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Here are some pics from the GSU/Furman game....

game pics (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2117880936&code=19163703&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite)

Pics of the game would have been nice, as opposed to the 10 or so of some dude in a Northern Iowa jersey. lol

mlbowl
November 7th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Pics of the game would have been nice, as opposed to the 10 or so of some dude in a Northern Iowa jersey. lol

I took a few more of the actual game but they didn't turn out......the dude in the Northern Iowa jersey is the infamous Cap'n Cat

mlbowl
November 7th, 2005, 09:26 AM

edited the link title ;)

LacesOut
November 7th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I took a few more of the actual game but they didn't turn out......the dude in the Northern Iowa jersey is the infamous Cap'n Cat

Yah, I know who he is. I think the only clothes in his wardrobe are 30 Northern Iowa jerseys and a baseball hat!!

Sounded like a great game also.

soweagle
November 7th, 2005, 09:35 AM
I met the Captain after the game. He is one big dude.

mlbowl
November 7th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Yah, I know who he is. I think the only clothes in his wardrobe are 30 Northern Iowa jerseys and a baseball hat!!

Sounded like a great game also.

The game was awesome.......thanks to blueballs, I was sitting row 1, 50 yard line

Black and Gold Express
November 7th, 2005, 10:48 AM

Because of course, you are the epitome of objectivity...

Bottom line, the refs blew calls on both sides. I watched the game and saw it all. GSU was clearly robbed of a touchdown, and one of the two illegal forward pass calls on Furman were questionable (one was correct) but I do admit to thinking they got it right when I saw it. Even if those calls are fixed, it's a wash.

The only thing is you have to think GSU would have played differently with a 10-point lead in the third rather than coming from behind. They got real lucky with that pass late to set up the winning score, and as has been noted, Ingle flat out blew it on the final interception.

Regardless, this was a great game. Some mistakes were made yes, but when the big plays were needed, both sides responded until Martin's INT at the end. They acquitted themselves very well. Barring upsets, both teams will make the playoffs. And if we can survive the injury to Little, we should take the conference outright and hopefully get a seed. All three teams should be considered favorites to advance deep in the playoffs, all three teams are hitting on close to all cylinders. You cannot ask for more than that right now.

OL FU
November 7th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Because of course, you are the epitome of objectivity...

Bottom line, the refs blew calls on both sides. I watched the game and saw it all. GSU was clearly robbed of a touchdown, and one of the two illegal forward pass calls on Furman were questionable (one was correct) but I do admit to thinking they got it right when I saw it. Even if those calls are fixed, it's a wash.

The only thing is you have to think GSU would have played differently with a 10-point lead in the third rather than coming from behind. They got real lucky with that pass late to set up the winning score, and as has been noted, Ingle flat out blew it on the final interception.

Regardless, this was a great game. Some mistakes were made yes, but when the big plays were needed, both sides responded until Martin's INT at the end. They acquitted themselves very well. Barring upsets, both teams will make the playoffs. And if we can survive the injury to Little, we should take the conference outright and hopefully get a seed. All three teams should be considered favorites to advance deep in the playoffs, all three teams are hitting on close to all cylinders. You cannot ask for more than that right now.

I may give the refs too much credit, but other than the fumble/touchdown I thought they called the game well. But I was a few drinks ahead of schedule heading into the game.

I was disappointed obviously. But not close to distraught. If something bothered me more than the interception, which was awful, (but Martin was 16-21 so it is a little difficult to complain) it was the defense finally stopping GSU twice when FU had a four point lead and the offense not being able to move the ball then. I don't know if we play better on the edge or if the coaches change the play calling or if the GSU defense stepped up. But that is what cost the game for Furman. You go up by four and move the ball in the same fashion as the earlier part of the game, and then you are up by 11.

Also, recall a similar situation during the ASU game. Up by two scores and all of a sudden the offense can't get a first down. Then fall behind and the O starts zooming down the field. Oh well, there is another game this saturday.

soweagle
November 7th, 2005, 10:58 AM
B&G,
I may be the only GSU fan who agrees with you about the refs calling bad for both sides. I saw terrible spots and no calls for both sides. I think the touchdown/fumble might have been the biggests mistake made as far as changing the game and it just happend to be against GSU. I don't think there is a conspiracy by the Socon against GSU, I just think the ref's are incompetent. In all my years of watching football the only game that I think the ref's were biased was the 99 FU/GSU game in Statesboro. The second half was the worst officiating I have ever seen and the only time I have ever thought the calls were biased. The fact that two of the ref's were from Greenville solidfied my opinion. Other than that game, I think the Socon refs are usually just bad. Although I thought the ASU/GSU game this year seemed to be called pretty good.

youwouldno
November 7th, 2005, 11:01 AM
That is true. The playoffs have a way of surprising people, but nonetheless I think the SoCon is going to cut a swath of destruction through the field, like the A-10 last year (though they had 4 teams). Partly that's because there are going to be some weak entrants in the east... Hampton, CCU, and probably a 3rd team of questionable capability (maybe 4 if you count Lehigh-- half the bracket!). But also the SoCon is underrated because GSU struggled early, App St played 2 I-A games, and WCU and UTC get less respect than they probably should.

Black and Gold Express
November 7th, 2005, 11:03 AM
B&G,
I may be the only GSU fan who agrees with you about the refs calling bad for both sides. I saw terrible spots and no calls for both sides. I think the touchdown/fumble might have been the biggests mistake made as far as changing the game and it just happend to be against GSU. I don't think there is a conspiracy by the Socon against GSU, I just think the ref's are incompetent. In all my years of watching football the only game that I think the ref's were biased was the 99 FU/GSU game in Statesboro. The second half was the worst officiating I have ever seen and the only time I have ever thought the calls were biased. The fact that two of the ref's were from Greenville solidfied my opinion. Other than that game, I think the Socon refs are usually just bad. Although I thought the ASU/GSU game this year seemed to be called pretty good.

I do find a bit of irony in that twice GSU was involved in plays where the question was "did the ball break the plane before being fumbled?" Both times the calls went against GSU (TD ASU, fumble to FU). Both calls you could argue were wrong (the ASU one not nearly as much as the FU one, but it would be a fair argument).

Appdad
November 7th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Soeagle and B&G:

I don't believe ref's in general are biased. Mostly they are overwhelmed by the situation. The unfortunate thing in Soeagle's posts is that several of the ref's were from Greenville. That should never happen. Those boys could have been ministers and they had no chance as they were from Greenville. That is poor management by the Officials coordinator. I don't know if they were biased or just innocently made bad calls. My problem is the coordinator booked a couple of refs from one of the towns of the combatants and apparently did not send the best crew he had. Games of that magnitude need to get the top officials. The coordinator needlessly put those poor boys in a tough spot and the coordinator needs to send the best crew, even if he has to bring some ACC/SEC officials down, to officiate the "games of the year". It's not exclusive to coaches/participants to get a little "tight" in the big games. The refs can "fumble" or make a bad "play call" just like the players and coaches. I am all for the young guys coming up getting "big game" experience but the coordinator has to has to make sure he has "great experience" around them. So many of the young ones go to all the camps to learn the flashy techniques but they don't have the old "FEEL FOR THE GAME" that the old pros do.

I say this as a former coach that may have "sold his soul to win a couple of championships" and I guess my penalty is I now referee to stay close to the game yet have time to watch my kids play.... lol

SoCon48
November 7th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Soeagle and B&G:

I don't believe ref's in general are biased. Mostly they are overwhelmed by the situation. The unfortunate thing in Soeagle's posts is that several of the ref's were from Greenville. That should never happen. Those boys could have been ministers and they had no chance as they were from Greenville. That is poor management by the Officials coordinator. I don't know if they were biased or just innocently made bad calls. My problem is the coordinator booked a couple of refs from one of the towns of the combatants and apparently did not send the best crew he had. Games of that magnitude need to get the top officials. The coordinator needlessly put those poor boys in a tough spot and the coordinator needs to send the best crew, even if he has to bring some ACC/SEC officials down, to officiate the "games of the year". It's not exclusive to coaches/participants to get a little "tight" in the big games. The refs can "fumble" or make a bad "play call" just like the players and coaches. I am all for the young guys coming up getting "big game" experience but the coordinator has to has to make sure he has "great experience" around them. So many of the young ones go to all the camps to learn the flashy techniques but they don't have the old "FEEL FOR THE GAME" that the old pros do.

I say this as a former coach that may have "sold his soul to win a couple of championships" and I guess my penalty is I now referee to stay close to the game yet have time to watch my kids play.... lol

WCU graduate, Don Lucas is the coordinator of officials for SoCon football.

Laserlips
November 7th, 2005, 03:59 PM
WCU graduate, Don Lucas is the coordinator of officials for SoCon football.

Did I mis-read his post, or did he say the "coordinator of officials" screwed up in his choice of officials for the GSU/Furman game?

Did I mis-read YOUR post in that I "think" you said the gentleman is the "coordinator of officals"?

Or, is Mr. Lucas the person who selected the officials for the badly called cluster-situation?

I know very little about choosing officials for a game of any period, but it would seem simple enough for anyone to understand that in a game involving GSU or Furman, no matter who is the home team, there should be absolutely ZERO officials from EITHER school.

I was at the game last Saturday and it didn't do much for my confidence when I watched the botched call being replayed over and over on the scoreboard..

I watched the game later (my Son taped it for me), and the Fox South announcers had no difficultly in pointing out what a bad call it was.

I think the badly performing officials should thank their lucky stars that GSU won. Otherwise they would have a lot of explaining to do, and when the GSU faithful (and others in 1AA found out some of the officials were indeed from the Furman area they would really look not just incompetent, but biased..

Just my old fart opinion. If I mis-read Mr. Lucas's position as coordinator of officials I apologize.

Best Wishes,
JP ;)

OL FU
November 7th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Did I mis-read his post, or did he say the "coordinator of officials" screwed up in his choice of officials for the GSU/Furman game?

Did I mis-read YOUR post in that I "think" you said the gentleman is the "coordinator of officals"?

Or, is Mr. Lucas the person who selected the officials for the badly called cluster-situation?

I know very little about choosing officials for a game of any period, but it would seem simple enough for anyone to understand that in a game involving GSU or Furman, no matter who is the home team, there should be absolutely ZERO officials from EITHER school.

I was at the game last Saturday and it didn't do much for my confidence when I watched the botched call being replayed over and over on the scoreboard..

I watched the game later (my Son taped it for me), and the Fox South announcers had no difficultly in pointing out what a bad call it was.

I think the badly performing officials should thank their lucky stars that GSU won. Otherwise they would have a lot of explaining to do, and when the GSU faithful (and others in 1AA found out some of the officials were indeed from the Furman area they would really look not just incompetent, but biased..

Just my old fart opinion. If I mis-read Mr. Lucas's position as coordinator of officials I apologize.

Best Wishes,
JP ;)

Mr. Lucas did not post and the scheduling of Greenville officials was during the 1999 game.

I think every one watching realized pretty quickly the touchdown fumble was a bad call.

SpiritCymbal
November 7th, 2005, 05:20 PM

Best Wishes,
JP ;)
Yes you did mis-read the post (a little). The GSU-FU game inwhich two of the officials were from Greenville was the 1999 game. Don't know about the game this past Saturday. While there were some blown calls, NOTHING will ever compare to the 1999 GSU-FU game.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 7th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Yes you did mis-read the post (a little). The GSU-FU game inwhich two of the officials were from Greenville was the 1999 game. Don't know about the game this past Saturday. While there were some blown calls, NOTHING will ever compare to the 1999 GSU-FU game.

Agreed...that was the worst officiating I have seen ever. No Georgia Southern game I have ever seen comes close.

OL FU
November 7th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Agreed...that was the worst officiating I have seen ever. No Georgia Southern game I have ever seen comes close.

Where were those officials this year? :D

SoCon48
November 7th, 2005, 07:45 PM

Mr Lucas is in charge of placing all officials for football. The SoCon gets some good officials and even shares SOME officials with the ACC and at times with the SEC. But the ACC and SEC pay much better..so that limits Don's choices. ASU has had some horrible ones in the past and some good ones, but when you mix a crew with good and bad, your result is BAD.
When they get really good and don't mind the more extensive travel, many move up to I-A exclusively.
Also, you do realize that some officials get unofficially black balled by certain schools.

SoCon48
November 7th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Where were those officials this year? :D

You know the ones in the Furman-App game weren't exactly god's gift to officialdom. ;)

Laserlips
November 7th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Mr. Lucas did not post and the scheduling of Greenville officials was during the 1999 game.

I think every one watching realized pretty quickly the touchdown fumble was a bad call.

Thanks for correcting me. I think I'll take my fiber, prozak and take a nap..

Best Wishes,

JP :D

ASU Kep
November 8th, 2005, 12:03 AM
BTW, ASU Kep will be honoring his $5 contribution to GSU. Over Thanksgiving the massive amount of cash will handed off via hand to my not-smart-enough to go to ASU friend and (hopefully) delivered to GSU. IMHO, GSU played harder knowing that a win would bring such a massive influx of cash into the athletic department. BTW, I'll be donating ten bucks to ASU to offset any recruiting advantages reeped by GSU as a result of my generous contribution.

SoCon48
November 8th, 2005, 05:44 AM
BTW, ASU Kep will be honoring his $5 contribution to GSU. Over Thanksgiving the massive amount of cash will handed off via hand to my not-smart-enough to go to ASU friend and (hopefully) delivered to GSU. IMHO, GSU played harder knowing that a win would bring such a massive influx of cash into the athletic department. BTW, I'll be donating ten bucks to ASU to offset any recruiting advantages reeped by GSU as a result of my generous contribution.

That was 5 bucks that may turn out to be a great "investment" in ASU fortunes.