PDA

View Full Version : Tony Franklin

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Auburn canned their offensive coordinator after his "experiment" didn't work for the Tigers. One might think he'd go back to the FBS as an OC, but maybe not for a big program after the debacle in Auburn.

Any thoughts this guy might appear as a candidate for an FCS head coaching job?

n.b. guy is a good coach. Auburn fans are terribly impatient. Scoring 3 points against Miss. State doesn't help either.

eaglewithabus
October 9th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Ive gotta say that in this case, I dont think that the decision to fire Franklin in the middle of the season is a good example of putting the team first. Yes, you are correct, their fans are extremely impatient, I could see if this was his fourth season and he had been doing the same thing all four years, but man. I think their fans need to prepare themselves for a long season here on out, because a move like this could have serious effects on the flow of the team, the mentality of the players, and could even effect recruiting for the near future.

GATA
October 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
This is probably unethical because they still have a coach right now...but...UT-Chattanooga should consider giving him a call...

Franks Tanks
October 9th, 2008, 03:50 PM
If they could recruit or develop a QB that doesnt suck something fierce maybe they will score some points. TT is to blame as well. He wanted the spread right away and he got the spread right away despite not having the personel and the time to implement it properly.

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I saw AU play a few weeks ago against Southern Miss. AU lost two fumbles inside the 10 and blamed the OC for not scoring more.

He's been a coordinator for a long time, but it doesn't seem like he's had the opportunity to be a HC at any level above high school. If I were a school like Chattanooga I'd be picking up the phone.

Cocky
October 9th, 2008, 08:35 PM
If he becomes a head coach expect Rush Propst as the OC.

Eight Legger
October 9th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Hopefully the same fate will not befall our former HC Dave Clawson at Tennessee. He is in a similarly bad situation with a QB who cannot make plays and an offense that is not scoring, though not because of Clawson. That combo doesn't fly well in Knoxville.

Jiggs
October 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Ive gotta say that in this case, I dont think that the decision to fire Franklin in the middle of the season is a good example of putting the team first. Yes, you are correct, their fans are extremely impatient, I could see if this was his fourth season and he had been doing the same thing all four years, but man. I think their fans need to prepare themselves for a long season here on out, because a move like this could have serious effects on the flow of the team, the mentality of the players, and could even effect recruiting for the near future.

That's the problem - there was NO flow of the team. It can only improve from this point forward.

Bull Fan
October 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Clawson may be doomed, because Fulmer seems doomed. If you're a Clawson fan, you hope that the phrase "guilt by association" doesn't apply for his future prospects at that level. But the landscape is so big, he'll be able to land somewhere decent in a good role.

blackcaesar3k5
October 12th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Franklin could easily get head coaching gig on Division II level..