PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 Matchups this week

blur2005
November 4th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I think the game of the week is clearly #1 Furman at #14 Georgia Southern, but there are a bunch of other intriguing and important matchups.

#13 Youngstown St. at #6 Southern Illinois
#18 Northern Iowa at #7 Western Kentucky
#9 Eastern Washington at #17 Cal Poly

The Gateway matchups are particularly compelling, as that conference should clear up over the next couple of weeks. My picks for these four big games are Georgia Southern, Southern Illinois, Western Kentucky, and Eastern Washington. Thoughts?

GSU Eagle
November 4th, 2005, 01:05 PM
It is amazing how many people are picking GSU to win Saturday. I certainly hope they are right. A loss and we are definitely out of the playoff picture.

I know 1 thing-- if we lose at home to our arch-rival with the playoff hanging in the balance you will hear quite a noise coming from the GSU fans clammoring for coaching changes.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2005, 08:30 AM
It is amazing how many people are picking GSU to win Saturday. I certainly hope they are right. A loss and we are definitely out of the playoff picture.

I know 1 thing-- if we lose at home to our arch-rival with the playoff hanging in the balance you will hear quite a noise coming from the GSU fans clammoring for coaching changes.

Me too...on every playoff projection that I have seen, except for the ones by Furman fans, GSU is in there. Maybe they just think Furman is overrated.

skinny_uncle
November 5th, 2005, 08:35 AM
It's that #1 jinx that has been going on all year.
:eek:

igo4uni
November 5th, 2005, 09:10 AM
It's that #1 jinx that has been going on all year.
:eek:

Yep, no doubt about it. Watch out Furman!!

peace

igo4uni

Down with the Foe!
November 5th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Jo-Jah Southern has gotta take this one...or they might as well fire that poor boy at the post game press conference.

VictorG
November 5th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Jo-Jah Southern has gotta take this one...or they might as well fire that poor boy at the post game press conference.

Rumor is that there are a bunch of "House For Sale" signs in Missoula that have temporarily been retired if you want to use them for a while! :)

DaGriz
November 5th, 2005, 12:41 PM
If this game was at Furman I wouldn't give GSU as much of a chance, plus it's a must win for GSU and it's hard to imagine GSU not in the playoffs.

OL FU
November 5th, 2005, 12:43 PM
If this game was at Furman I wouldn't give GSU as much of a chance, plus it's a must win for GSU and it's hard to imagine GSU not in the playoffs.

Considering Furman has played four games decided on the last play this year, my bet would be that this will be another one.

Down with the Foe!
November 5th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Considering Furman has played four games decided on the last play this year, my bet would be that this will be another one.

The score says it was close.

GSU wins.....see you guys the 3rd week of the Playoffs in Missoula??

:D :D :D

I got the BBQ ready for Y'all