PDA

View Full Version : Does he transfer to a I-AA? After Arrest, Whitaker's Hokies Career Appears Over

BDKJMU
October 7th, 2008, 12:24 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/06/AR2008100603107.html

UNI Pike
October 7th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Can FCS take "one & done" transfers anymore? If so, Delaware.

89Hen
October 7th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Can FCS take "one & done" transfers anymore? If so, Delaware.
I thought UNI currently had more transfers than UD. xeyebrowx

FCS Go!
October 7th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I don't think he has enough eligibility left to transfer to FCS.

danefan
October 7th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Smells like a prime candidate for NAIA.

UNI Pike
October 7th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I thought UNI currently had more transfers than UD. xeyebrowx

I think you guys need a QB worse than we do...

Not a slam, just a reasonable Tab A -> Slot B guess

UNI Pike
October 7th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Or YSU, given their situation.

Dukie95
October 7th, 2008, 12:40 PM
What about ODU?

ChickenMan
October 7th, 2008, 12:51 PM

UD needs a QB more than most everyone in the FCS... but if they didn't want Perilloux when he was transferring from LSU.. they certainly wouldn't be interested this guy.. even if he had the eligibility to transfer.

89Hen
October 7th, 2008, 12:53 PM

Gotcha, but I don't think UD has ever taken a player who dismissed for criminal or ethical reasons. All of our transfers have come because they didn't think they were going to get a chance to play at their current school. The one exception to that was Shawn Johnson who was just tired of losing at Duke and wanted to win some games in his college career. xsmiley_wix

h5322rsh
October 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Damaged goods. This guy has got problems, real problems. He needs to do some rehab and counseling. Immaturity at its best, and his attitude could do more damage to an existing program, than his athletic ability could help. His attitude that since two coaches departed Virginia Tech, he has been thrown under the bus is ridiculous. Whitker needs to learn that he is responsible for his actions and grow up.

elon77
October 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Gotcha, but I don't think UD has ever taken a player who dismissed for criminal or ethical reasons. All of our transfers have come because they didn't think they were going to get a chance to play at their current school. The one exception to that was Shawn Johnson who was just tired of losing at Duke and wanted to win some games in his college career. xsmiley_wix

No, Liberty has taken a few during the years.

LehighFan11
October 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM
If i was a FCS coach I don't know if i could ever turn down talent like Whitaker

andy7171
October 7th, 2008, 01:15 PM
He was rumored to be transferring to Towson last season. I wonder if his girlfriend is still there. He'd be an interesting transition from Schaefer to the transfer from New Mexico.

kirkblitz
October 7th, 2008, 01:59 PM
come to coastal please, we dont care about records xlolx xlolx xlolx

EmeryZach
October 7th, 2008, 03:33 PM
He should transfer to Mike Vick's prison team. Vick could move to WR and they would be deadly. Imagine the offensive numbers they would put up? They could definitely beat defending National Prison Football (NPF) champ Fulsom County. I don't even think a Burt Reynolds coached team could beat them.

Dukie95
October 7th, 2008, 03:37 PM
He should transfer to Mike Vick's prison team. Vick could move to WR and they would be deadly. Imagine the offensive numbers they would put up? They could definitely beat defending National Prison Football (NPF) champ Fulsom County. I don't even think a Burt Reynolds coached team could beat them.

lol

Wonder if OJ has any legs left

danefan
October 7th, 2008, 03:41 PM
lol

Wonder if OJ has any legs left

I doubt it. But he can coach.

They don't need him in the backfield. They already have Travis Henry.

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 03:45 PM

He is coming back to MT to face drug charges.

EmeryZach
October 7th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Imagine if Rae Carruth transfered to that team? What a pass/catch combo they would be.

mcveyrl
October 7th, 2008, 03:56 PM
He is coming back to MT to face drug charges.

The university or the penal system???xlolx xlolx

Sorry. Couldn't resist xpeacex

EmeryZach
October 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM

Same thing? Right? xsmiley_wix

mcveyrl
October 7th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Same thing? Right? xsmiley_wix

Thank you folks! We'll be here all week, a new show every night. Try the veal. Tip your waitress.

G'night.

LehighFan11
October 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Haha.

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 04:18 PM

Anything to put a smile on your face.

Him and the other guy that sold the drugs, did it in the state of MT. He is getting transferred here now. Probably go to Billings to await trial. I know this is not the correct forum. I will post the thread in other sports.