PDA

View Full Version : A plea to JMU fans.

Tribe4SF
October 6th, 2008, 08:35 PM
While I recognize the enthusiasm among the JMU faithful, I hope that all of the new folks who seem to be arriving will recognize the nature, and history of this forum. The FCS discussion board at AGS exists to allow fans to discuss FCS football in a smack-free environment. It has been characterized historically by the most informed discussion of our level of football to be found anywhere.

By clogging threads with meaningless posts about relative attendance, and repeated brief responses, the board loses its appeal for serious FCS fans.

This is the place to talk about whether Richmond's revamped offensive line can produce a running game this week. Whether Richmond's LBs have enough speed to get to the point of attack against the Dukes' ultra-quick spread. Whether Ward's savvy play, and accurate short and intermediate passing will control time of possession. Whether JMU can produce a meaningful passing game if they find themselves behind in the second half.

JMU is a most intriguing team, and all of the serious FCS fans on this board are interested in learning about them. We are not interested in whether the Dukes will have 4,000, 6,000 or 8,000 fans at UR on Saturday. We all know your fan base travels well to Richmond, and we all know that the Spiders don't draw as well as the Dukes.

Let's see if the discussion here of the game of the week can live up to the quality of the teams playing.

bandl
October 6th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Well said, and I agree. xnodx

Thank you. xthumbsupx

Eight Legger
October 6th, 2008, 09:08 PM
4SF, come by our tailgate and the beers are on us. I've always enjoyed our classy rivalry with you guys.

JmuSkinsfan
October 6th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I didn't realize there were a lot of new JMU posters clogging the boards? I understand and I don't like beating dead horses, the only comments I have made regarding attendance were in response to claims I felt needed defending.

Tribe4SF
October 6th, 2008, 09:15 PM
4SF, come by our tailgate and the beers are on us. I've always enjoyed our classy rivalry with you guys.

Thanks for the invite, but I'll be arriving right around game time.

Rob Iola
October 6th, 2008, 09:42 PM
New JMU Posters +
Bison Spammers -

DTSpider
October 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
4SF, thank you for bringing us back to what's important. We'll have a great football game with two great teams. Personally, I hope that we draw a lot of "neutral" fans. You can get tickets for both JMU & UD for $35.

Cleets
October 6th, 2008, 10:57 PM
What is all this "Brotherly love and Kindness" bull*****... xeyebrowx

Jeeze this is the game of the MONTH - I need SMACK of colossal proportion..!!!

The JMU princess couldn't hold my Pet Spiders Jock - whatever - Gimmie sumthin' to get excited about..!!!

BDKJMU
October 6th, 2008, 11:05 PM
While I recognize the enthusiasm among the JMU faithful, I hope that all of the new folks who seem to be arriving will recognize the nature, and history of this forum. The FCS discussion board at AGS exists to allow fans to discuss FCS football in a smack-free environment. It has been characterized historically by the most informed discussion of our level of football to be found anywhere.

By clogging threads with meaningless posts about relative attendance, and repeated brief responses, the board loses its appeal for serious FCS fans.

This is the place to talk about whether Richmond's revamped offensive line can produce a running game this week. Whether Richmond's LBs have enough speed to get to the point of attack against the Dukes' ultra-quick spread. Whether Ward's savvy play, and accurate short and intermediate passing will control time of possession. Whether JMU can produce a meaningful passing game if they find themselves behind in the second half.

JMU is a most intriguing team, and all of the serious FCS fans on this board are interested in learning about them. We are not interested in whether the Dukes will have 4,000, 6,000 or 8,000 fans at UR on Saturday. We all know your fan base travels well to Richmond, and we all know that the Spiders don't draw as well as the Dukes.

Let's see if the discussion here of the game of the week can live up to the quality of the teams playing.

I've seen 2 new guys + alexale. Or maybe its all the same person.xlolx
I understand you want to nip things in the bud, but I haven't seen threads clogged too bad yet and a small amount of smack.

And as you saw this past weekend, if on a thread (JMU-Hofstra) a new guy comes on here and is being a douche bag, other JMU fans will let him know.

Pitz
October 6th, 2008, 11:53 PM

In all seriousness, would most people on here agree with this stance?

As a longtime lurker, I know I am interested in a wide range of gameday conversation that extends beyond strict tactics and on-field performance. Unless I've subconsciously trained my mind to filter out certain information, I have to believe others enjoy doing the same.

If this is just an exaggerated post directed at preventing sophomoric, unimaginative trash talk, then I completely understand. I just want to make sure my ego doesn't grow faster than my post count.

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 12:04 AM
New JMU Posters +
Bison Spammers -

Rob Iola +
New games for Rob Iola to play -

Cleets
October 7th, 2008, 12:09 AM
This is F@cking FCS Football not some "Gentleman's Club" ..!!!! xoopsx

Smack this up... (Just a little bit please) xpeacex

Tribe4SF
October 7th, 2008, 05:48 AM
If this is just an exaggerated post directed at preventing sophomoric, unimaginative trash talk, then I completely understand. I just want to make sure my ego doesn't grow faster than my post count.

Some truth to the preemptive strike theory.

If you sense your ego outstripping your count rank, just ask for help. There are plenty of folks on here with sharp pins ready to deflate our swollen heads. If you're desperate, pm Grizo.:D

andy7171
October 7th, 2008, 06:36 AM
In all seriousness, would most people on here agree with this stance?

As a longtime lurker, I know I am interested in a wide range of gameday conversation that extends beyond strict tactics and on-field performance. Unless I've subconsciously trained my mind to filter out certain information, I have to believe others enjoy doing the same.

I think SFs main point was there is a time and place for both. Yes, people like to talk trash, but they also like to have serious football discussions. The two tend to annoy each others purpose. That's why AGS has the two separate forums.

jmuroller
October 7th, 2008, 06:43 AM

Your right Tribe...these boards have gone to hell in the past few weeks because of all the new JMU posters. How many new ones are there? 1...maybe 2! And JMU is the only school that starts pointless threads about attendance, who has better fans, and how big their dic** are. If there is a pointless thread on this forum...then look nowhere else except this one.