PDA

View Full Version : Josh McCown Watch (SHSU)

TexasTerror
April 26th, 2005, 05:03 PM
The Arizona Cardinals picked up Hawaii's record-setting QB Timmy (now going as Tim?) Chang. This goes along with Kurt Warner, acquired this offseason is the probable starter. John Navarre, a QB from Michigan was the #3 guy last year and returns. Chris Lewis, a former standout at Stanford is also on the roster with no NFL experience.

Josh McCown should be the #2 guy in this bunch heading into the offseason workouts. Perhaps he can emerge as the #1 if Warner continues his problems with health and ineffectiveness at the helm of the football team as he has at previous stops. Best of luck to SHSU alum, Josh McCown!

Retro
April 26th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I don't think Warner is going to automatically be the #1 guy.. He has fallen way off from a few years ago and just doesn't seem to be the same QB as before.. I think Josh is still the frontrunner and at the least the #2 guy. Navarre and Chang will likely stick with one being on practice squad and unless warner lights it up, he will be gone at seasons end.. You have to also remember that warner is going on 34, which is getting up there for qb's despite his late start in the NFL.

blackfordpu
April 28th, 2005, 10:54 AM
I never got to see McCown play at Sam but from what I have heard and the stats he left behind, he was quite the QB. Watching him on TV playing for the Cardinals he seems to be pretty solid.

Warner is getting older still and has not had a very good past couple of seasons. If he is the #1 guy it won't last long. Hopefully McCown can pull it out and outshine the veterin.

Down with the Foe!
April 28th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I never got to see McCown play at Sam but from what I have heard and the stats he left behind, he was quite the QB. Watching him on TV playing for the Cardinals he seems to be pretty solid.

Warner is getting older still and has not had a very good past couple of seasons. If he is the #1 guy it won't last long. Hopefully McCown can pull it out and outshine the veterin.

just one of a few SHSU QB's to end their collegiate career with a loss to the Griz.

:eek: ;) :cool:

sorry could not resist.....

TexasTerror
May 4th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Apparently Arizona has no starter nor backup for this year's team. They are still checking out issues at other positions. Good to see that Green is letting McCown compete with Warner for the job at the starting QB...

QB decision hasn’t been made
By Darren Urban, Tribune

The Cardinals’ marketing department already has made a call on who the team’s starting quarterback will be this season, with only Kurt Warner’s No. 13 jersey available to purchase in the new uniform style.

And the NFL itself seems to have made a similar determination, with the Cardinals playing the New York Giants and St. Louis — Warner’s two former teams — the first two weeks of the regular season.

In fact, after Warner signed his one-year contract worth $4 million, the general assumption was that Warner would start, with Josh McCown as the backup. But coach Dennis Green insists that decision hasn’t been made.

"We have a lot of things to do before we worry about the starting quarterback," Green said. "We don’t have any starters right now.

Continued...

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=40571

blackfordpu
May 4th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Here's hoping that McCown can pull it out over Warner. :)