PDA

View Full Version : Liberty vs Stony Brook- GAme Thread

bjtheflamesfan
October 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM
THought Id start a thread for this game and invite all you Seawolf fans out there to come over to www.flamefans.com and chat it up

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Liberty should smack SBU around. SBU has going through a horrible offensive regression from the beginning of this season.

Offensive stats:
vs. Colgate: total yards 448
vs. Elon: total yards 354
vs. Maine: total yards 271
vs. Brown: total yards 147
vs. Hofstra: total yards 211

Sly Fox
October 6th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Since SBU doesn't have its own board, we'd love some interaction with Seawolves fans on here or FlameFans (http://FlameFans.com) this week. We are still trying learn what we can about our new conference competitors.

phoenix3
October 6th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I'm kind of disappointed with SBU. I expected bigger things from themthis year.

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I'm kind of disappointed with SBU. I expected bigger things from themthis year.

I doubt you are as dissapointed as their fans are. xreadx

I am too. I thought (and posted) that they would have a pretty good year. They came out against Colgate and showed it and then just folded. Weird.

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Liberty by 30

Bull Fan
October 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Stony Brook looked like a world-beater against Colgate. They looked confident, but still lacked the look of a team with a killer mentality. They also played a conservative gameplan which I initially attributed to the first game, "let's not show the world our playbook" mantra.

Since then, they've been riddled with mental breakdowns and conservative playcalling despite having some gamebreaker talent. Anyone going to the game, watch for Priore to lose his head early on his team on the sidelines. It's become a trademark this year, and it's quite entertaining.

SuperJon
October 7th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Has anyone heard what happened to Suggs? It's like he dropped off the face of the planet after the Elon game. I don't know if he's hurt, suspended, or what the deal is.

Libertine
October 7th, 2008, 05:54 PM
He played against Hofstra.

kirkblitz
October 7th, 2008, 06:08 PM
dont let us down yankees xrotatehx xrotatehx

Uncle Buck
October 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Priore has his team prepared for this week. After getting smacked by a miserable Hofstra team, i can't imagine they are in position to win this one. You never know, it's circle the wagons time for SBU and they have to come out with reckless abandon. If they get too conservative, they lose. Then again, the RFr. QB hasn't been spectacular for them either.

If SBU gets a running game going with Suggs and Gowins, they could potentially keep it close, but that may not be realistic this week.

Seawolf97
October 7th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I doubt you are as dissapointed as their fans are. xreadx

I am too. I thought (and posted) that they would have a pretty good year. They came out against Colgate and showed it and then just folded. Weird.

Weird isnt the word for it. Yardage is way down and we havent scored an offensive touchdown since the first quarter at Maine. Mental mistakes seem to be part of it and really no fight from them this year. They fall behind early and go into a shell. At least on paper there is enough talent on the team to play with anybody it just disappeared.
Lynell Suggs should be starting Saturday. He had knee injury early in the 1st quarter against Maine and sat out the Brown game. He did get some playing time late in the game agaisnt Hofstra and with our bye week hopefully he will be healthy, Another hope is that we start a new QB Saturday. Our RS Freshman just hasnt developed yet and lets the game get away from him. Why they didnt go with Matt Dardenne our JC All American transfer is beyond me. He had 52 TD's in two years versus nine interceptions and he is on the bench? Well we will hope for the best Saturday.

kirkblitz
October 7th, 2008, 09:38 PM
have faith mr wolf. You will prevail :D

bjtheflamesfan
October 10th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I said this over on Flamefans (btw Seawolf97 do head over there as we are hoping to get some chatter from the other side) but how close this game will be will depend on if the Dr Jekyll Stony Brook from the game with Colgate or the Dr Hyde Stony Brook that has lost the last 4 games

94Terrier
October 10th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Is it true that Liberty fans in attendance get a curfew extension pass? If true, forget the football game, I'd go just to be able to stay out after dark.

SuperJon
October 10th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Is it true that Liberty fans in attendance get a curfew extension pass? If true, forget the football game, I'd go just to be able to stay out after dark.

Oh that was clever, especially considering it's a 3:30 game.

Sly Fox
October 10th, 2008, 11:06 AM

That dog don't hunt. xlolx

Saturday's game is another of those being carried live on FamilyNet nationwide if you have Verizon FIOS or AT&T U-verse.

bjtheflamesfan
October 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
SJ beat me to it...about the only way this game goes til curfew is if it goes about 40 overtimes and the teams score a combined like 1000 points. As Sly said, "that dog don't hunt." (and you being a terrier should know that)

Libertine
October 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I think the puppy fan was making a crack about there being a curfew, BJ.

SuperJon
October 10th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Man, I miss you posting. It's so good to see your name. I need you. I'm a mess without you. I miss you so much. I miss being with you, I miss being near you. I miss your laugh. I miss your scent; I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together.

94Terrier
October 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM

someone finally got it!!

bjtheflamesfan
October 10th, 2008, 01:05 PM
someone finally got it!!

Oh I got it but I figured Id be somewhat nice about it instead of going off on a 4 or 5 paragraph rant or anything about how absolutely ludicrous what our canine friend said was.

SuperJon
October 10th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, cause we all would've just laughed.

bjtheflamesfan
October 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Well that's what Im good for (well except the occasional comment that can get me in trouble if you know what I mean)

Libertine
October 11th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Well, so much for an in-game thread. It's over, folks. We win. Yay.