PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/G'Town Preview up

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2005, 09:05 PM
Finally it's up...

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2005, 09:16 PM
G-town not having their game notes up bugged me too. I read the article with Benson's quotes from the Lunchen, then clicked on the game notes only to find out they were still from the Fordham game.

ngineer
November 3rd, 2005, 09:18 PM
Gave you my comments on your 'comments' section. Excellent overview of the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2005, 09:23 PM
I'm not overly concerned with the inury situation. Everybody is banged up this time of year and you could probabaly put 30 guys on that list. Everyone seemed to be in pretty good shape after the game on Saturday, i think everyone will be fine unless some of these are related to practice this week. They seemed a lot more beat up after the UD game IMO.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
Another note, are they trying to get a medical redshirt for Courtney Elder? He hasn't played since when? Delaware, VMI?

ngineer
November 3rd, 2005, 10:16 PM
Another note, are they trying to get a medical redshirt for Courtney Elder? He hasn't played since when? Delaware, VMI?

Elder is only a junior. I don't think you apply for the medical redshirt until your fourth year is over. I may be wrong on that, but it was my recollection that Kovacs and Graz weren't informed of theirs until their senior year. :confused:

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2005, 10:22 PM
Elder is only a junior. I don't think you apply for the medical redshirt until your fourth year is over. I may be wrong on that, but it was my recollection that Kovacs and Graz weren't informed of theirs until their senior year. :confused:

Didn't Morgan take the steps last year for a medical redshirt? I thought i remember Lembo saying Royce was taken the neccessary steps that the NCAA mandated. I'm assuming Elder will be granted one should he apply?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2005, 10:42 PM
Didn't Morgan take the steps last year for a medical redshirt? I thought i remember Lembo saying Royce was taken the neccessary steps that the NCAA mandated. I'm assuming Elder will be granted one should he apply?

I think the answer is: yes, and yes, and yes to what ngineer said as well. I'm pretty sure Elder didn't play against Delaware (he was questionable for that game) and I think he's been out since VMI, so he would be a candidate (I believe) for a medical redshirt should he choose.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2005, 10:47 PM
PS like the new avatar?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2005, 11:00 PM
PS like the new avatar?

Much better than the old one, atleast Lehigh won this game. The one from last years Lafayette game just kept rehashing depressing thoughts.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2005, 11:35 PM
I'm trying to remember if that was Rath's 1st TD or his last TD on the day... I think it was his 1st. I like that one since it's the "O" line bottling up Colgate's fearsome rushing "D", and Eric barrelling through a small opening to get the TD. At the time it tied up the game 14-14.

It seems like Rath has all the great Lehigh pictures this year. Strange, considering we're a passing team.

lugo02
November 4th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Quick Prediction
COnsidering that Lembo is from Georgetown it's hard to believe that Lembo would let Lehigh drop another 69-0 score on Georgetown like Lehigh did in 2002
So my prediction for this game is 56-7 Lehigh

LBPop
November 4th, 2005, 09:11 AM

It appears that mercy abounds in the Lehigh Valley of PA. :o
Are you as hospitable to fans of the visiting team? ;)

Engineer91
November 4th, 2005, 11:37 AM
It appears that mercy abounds in the Lehigh Valley of PA. :o
Are you as hospitable to fans of the visiting team? ;)

You should hope it abounds in the Saucon Valley also :D

LBPop
November 4th, 2005, 11:43 AM
You should hope it abounds in the Saucon Valley also :D

OOPS, did I make a mistake in geography? Don't want to end up in the wrong place tomorrow. Where is Easton, anyway. :p

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Quick Prediction
COnsidering that Lembo is from Georgetown it's hard to beleive that Lembo would let Lehigh drop another 66-0 score on Georgetown like Lehigh did in the Higgins era.

Lehigh won 69-0 in 2002 when Lembo was the coach. Higgins never faced Gtown as they were not in the league yet.

colgate13
November 4th, 2005, 01:21 PM
PS like the new avatar?

I THINK IT F#*!% SUCKS! :mad:

But I think that was the last TD.

Side note: I was on the Lehigh side for the game, right near the goal line opposite the scoreboard, so I saw a lot of the action. There were two Lehigh fans that kept going ape***** on the refs for legit calls. It was ridiculous. You would have thought someone was murdered. That Rath TD came right after a play where Lehigh was stuff and oh my god, you would have thought Rath walked in to the end zone and they brought it back five yards.

But I digress. Ever forward Colgate football.

Let's Go Hoyas!

LBPop
November 4th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Let's Go Hoyas!

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Sadly, I know that this affection for our boys in white (away uniforms) has a remaining life span of just over 24 hours. Still, we appreciate your support--however temporary. If on the 19th the Hoyas are your last stepping stone to the title, please be kind. :o

Engineer91
November 4th, 2005, 02:04 PM
OOPS, did I make a mistake in geography? Don't want to end up in the wrong place tomorrow. Where is Easton, anyway. :p

Lehigh University spans across Old South Mountain from the Lehigh Valley into Saucon Valley.

The Gridiron is in Saucon Valley and the Snake Pit is in the Lehigh Valley ... yes wrestling fans it is November!

lugo02
November 4th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Lehigh won 69-0 in 2002 when Lembo was the coach. Higgins never faced Gtown as they were not in the league yet.
Oh, got my years all mixed up again.
But I still think Lembo will call off the dogs early.

DFW HOYA
November 4th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Georgetown's problem is not its defense, because any defense on the field from 33 to 36 minutes every game eventually wears down.

The offense has the lowest scoring average in Division I (10 ppg), a 25% third down conversion, and a run, run, run, punt strategy that results in bad field position tradeoffs. Georgetown's lost its leading rusher from 2004 in the off-season, the #1 rusher from 2003 is also gone, and the top two WR's are injured.

MR. CHICKEN
November 4th, 2005, 09:21 PM
LEHIGH/GEORGETOWN PREVIEW...........WHAT'S TA PREVIEW?......HOYAS..GOIN' DOWN........LIKE UH GEORGE BUSH POPULARITY POLL!.........DAWGS BETTERAH STICK TA ROUNDBALL..........GO EASY HAWKS....GO EASY!.............DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

ngineer
November 4th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Quick Prediction
COnsidering that Lembo is from Georgetown it's hard to beleive that Lembo would let Lehigh drop another 66-0 score on Georgetown like Lehigh did in the Higgins era.

Lehigh beat G'town 69-0 in 2002, which was under Lembo. Score was 55-0, or so at half. No starters played the second half that I recall.

ngineer
November 4th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Lehigh University spans across Old South Mountain from the Lehigh Valley into Saucon Valley.

The Gridiron is in Saucon Valley and the Snake Pit is in the Lehigh Valley ... yes wrestling fans it is November!

From a pure geographical and topographical sense I guess you're right, considering the drainage of the streams to the north of South Mountain. However, from a geo-political standpoint, the Lehigh Valley extends about 20 miles north and south from the Lehigh River and 40 miles west from the confluence of the Lehigh with the Delaware (ew! hope the Hens don't read that :D ). But, don't worry LB---just follow I-78 to exit 67 and follow the signs for Goodman. Looks like a beautiful weekend.

lugo02
November 4th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Quick Prediction
COnsidering that Lembo is from Georgetown it's hard to believe that Lembo would let Lehigh drop another 69-0 score on Georgetown like Lehigh did in 2002

For the record I made my prediction before reading the blog

ngineer
November 4th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Lehigh 45 Georgetown 17. Hoyas stay within range for a half.

lugo02
November 4th, 2005, 10:40 PM
2nd half maybe? After Lembo calls off the dogs

ngineer
November 5th, 2005, 07:55 PM

Not too shabby. Final was 46-14,,, :cool:

LBPop
November 7th, 2005, 11:37 AM
2nd half maybe? After Lembo calls off the dogs

A question about those dogs. In my "suffering" during the game, I was extremely disappointed when in the 2nd half with Lehigh comfortably ahead, the Hawks ran a double reverse. As I saw the play develop, I shouted at what seemed to be an unnecessary play call. Did anyone else react to that as I did?

This is not an indictment of the Lehigh fans, but more about a coaching decision. Let me say that everyone we encountered at the game was pleasant...even hospitable. There were a bunch of Lehigh fans sitting on the "visitors" side and I did not hear one disparaging or insulting remark about the Hoyas. That's something that I could not come close to saying about Cornell and Brown who also soundly beat Georgetown.

ngineer
November 7th, 2005, 11:53 AM
A question about those dogs. In my "suffering" during the game, I was extremely disappointed when in the 2nd half with Lehigh comfortably ahead, the Hawks ran a double reverse. As I saw the play develop, I shouted at what seemed to be an unnecessary play call. Did anyone else react to that as I did?

This is not an indictment of the Lehigh fans, but more about a coaching decision. Let me say that everyone we encountered at the game was pleasant...even hospitable. There were a bunch of Lehigh fans sitting on the "visitors" side and I did not hear one disparaging or insulting remark about the Hoyas. That's something that I could not come close to saying about Cornell and Brown who also soundly beat Georgetown.

I know what you mean. My reaction was that by that time, plays were being run from wanting to try something 'live' against an opponent, when there was little risk if it failed--i.e. either trying something for Fordham/Lafayette, or knowing Fordham/Lafayette would be watching film of this game and using it to set up something down the road. Otherwise, with all the two and three deep players from the 7 min mark of the third quarter on to the end, the play calling was fairly conservative.
Glad you were treated well in the East Stands. Alot of Lehigh people sit over there late in the year to sit in the sun in the second half. Hope you run the table and get your winning season.