PDA

View Full Version : Drew Hubel's day (PSU QB)

JALMOND
October 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I don't get much of an opportunity to talk about Portland State (how we have been doing lately has been much of a joke), so with the performance of the quarterback, Drew Hubel, let me highlight some aspects of his perfomance (as a fan of PSU, not a fan of the Big Sky or FCS). The stats compiled by the PSU sports information department and the Oregonian (Jim Beseda)...

44 completions---Tied for most completions in PSU history (Neil Lomax)

73 attempts---Tied for most ever in the Big Sky (Jamie Martin I believe)

623 yards passing---Most in PSU history, 2nd most in FCS (Jamie Martin, 624 yards, 1991), 13th most all time any division.

16 catches by Mario D'Ambrosio---Tied PSU record (Stuart Gaussoin, 1979)

Also, the Vikings had four receivers with 100+ yards receiving. Overlooked is the fact that EWU QB, Nichols, had 418 yards passing.

I Bleed Purple
October 5th, 2008, 06:51 PM
1000 yards plus in one game. Ridiculous. What's next, a 140 point game on that baseball field?

JALMOND
October 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I forgot to add...the performance put the game on the front page of the Oregonian sports section, even higher up than the Ducks/USC game. It might have helped that the Beavs played on Thursday. Duck game still got more print, tho.

JALMOND
October 5th, 2008, 06:59 PM
1000 yards plus in one game. Ridiculous. What's next, a 140 point game on that baseball field?

That's been done already.:D xnodx