PDA

View Full Version : Who is coming to RICHMOND

alexale23
October 5th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Who is gonna be at the big game this weekend

ur2k
October 5th, 2008, 06:02 PM
No Richmond fans will be there - I think JMU already bought all 22,000 tickets.

alexale23
October 5th, 2008, 06:12 PM
thats how it is everytime.

alexale23
October 5th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Im going to try to win tix on the radio. I go to about 3 Richmond games a year that way.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Yeah, I had a chance to buy a couple before the JMU fans snapped them all up in the Summer. I decided I'd rather clean and press all my red sweaters and have my Mercedes detailed on a Fall Saturday instead.

StrikeJMU
October 5th, 2008, 07:40 PM
No doubt you'll be selling that Mercedes soon to pay for the "big house" that you prob cannot afford anymore.

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I'll be there to check out the Spiders and Dukes. Key stretch for Richmond, with JMU and UMass back-to-back. Lose those two and they will already be on the playoff bubble.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2008, 08:03 PM
No doubt you'll be selling that Mercedes soon to pay for the "big house" that you prob cannot afford anymore.

Nah, my Trust Fund's value has held up quite well in the midst the market turmoil. I bet you wish you had one.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I'll be there to check out the Spiders and Dukes. Key stretch for Richmond, with JMU and UMass back-to-back. Lose those two and they will already be on the playoff bubble.

SF, wear some tribe green on Saturday. I'd like to shake your hand as I've always enjoyed your posts. If you wear green, I'm sure you'll be found easily!

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
October 5th, 2008, 08:11 PM

Yeah, I had a chance to buy a couple before the JMU fans snapped them all up in the Summer. I decided I'd rather clean and press all my red sweaters and have my Mercedes detailed on a Fall Saturday instead.

Nah, my Trust Fund's value has held up quite well in the midst the market turmoil. I bet you wish you had one.

xlolx well played.

i look forward to seeing another great football game between JMU-UR. I love the tailgating where all the students look like they are going to prom, not wearing any richmond colors, and then don't even go into the game. Favorite quote from a UR student was after a JMU fan and him were smack talking, his response was "We have more important things to do then care about I-AA football." xlolx

Anyway, can't wait until Saturday and going to Bridgeforth Eastxthumbsupx

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2008, 08:16 PM
xlolx well played.

i look forward to seeing another great football game between JMU-UR. I love the tailgating where all the students look like they are going to prom, not wearing any richmond colors, and then don't even go into the game. Favorite quote from a UR student was after a JMU fan and him were smack talking, his response was "We have more important things to do then care about I-AA football." xlolx

The bad news for you is our students will be on Fall Break, so you will have to count on me to make absurd comments like that.

You guys better take advantage of JMU-East this year ... its your last chance before we move!

JMUSaxMRD
October 5th, 2008, 08:18 PM
The JMU Band, the Marching Royal Dukes, will be there. That means that I'll be there. Sounds like since you guys are on fall break there actually may be more JMU fans that Richmond fans there...

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2008, 08:19 PM
SF, wear some tribe green on Saturday. I'd like to shake your hand as I've always enjoyed your posts. If you wear green, I'm sure you'll be found easily!

I'll be with some other Tribe fans. Tell me again where you sit in the "closed end"?

alexale23
October 5th, 2008, 08:20 PM

key stretch for JMU too

@Richmond
@NOVA
DELAWARE

we win those 3 we be seatin pretty

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2008, 08:25 PM
key stretch for JMU too

@Richmond
@NOVA
DELAWARE

Forgot about that. Richmond, of course, already has the loss to Nova, so they are on the spot. Delaware does not look like a team that can compete with the Dukes at this point, but Nova is very good.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I'll be with some other Tribe fans. Tell me again where you sit in the "closed end"?

When you see Landers going to hand signals at one end of the field, you'll get a hint...

DTSpider
October 5th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Just a friendly message...get there early! The City of Richmond has said that it will have the tow trucks out to go with the new no parking signs. As such, street parking will be limited and be restricted to north of the stadium.

UR will open the parking lots at 11:30 so there is no excuse to be late.

Can't wait - should be a fun time.

BDKJMU
October 5th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Just a friendly message...get there early! The City of Richmond has said that it will have the tow trucks out to go with the new no parking signs. As such, street parking will be limited and be restricted to north of the stadium.

11:30? WTF, is that usual for the lots to open only 4 hrs before the games? Don't you have fans who want to tailgate for 6-8 hrs?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2008, 09:04 PM
11:30? WTF, is that usual for the lots to open only 4 hrs before the games? Don't you have fans who want to tailgate for 6-8 hrs?

They usually open 3 hours before the game. The City owns the stadium, so they make the rules.

BDKJMU
October 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Damn it! I'll be in Richmond that night, and would be tailgating by 8 AM if not for that crap only opening the parking lot at 11:30. You can bet your arse I'll be waiting in line around 11:15.

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2008, 09:19 PM

Is parking allowed on Rosewood, Maplewood or Freeman in the neighborhood? I'll be getting there late, as my son has a noon game in Williamsburg.

HiHiYikas
October 5th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I'll be there

Eight Legger
October 5th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I was going to buy my ticket, but then i got so intimidated at the thought of the JMU band being there that I decided I should just stay home and watch on my black and white TV instead.

I imagine Mickey Matthews is spending most of his week trying to decide his play-calling strategy for this one. It's a tough decision. Do you go "Landers run left; Landers run left; Landers run left; Landers run right" or "Landers run right; Landers run left; Landers run left; Landers run left; Landers run right"? Or, my personal favorite, "Landers run right; Landers run left; Landers run right; Landers run center." That one always surprises the defense when I do it on NCAA 2K8.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I was going to buy my ticket, but then i got so intimidated at the thought of the JMU band being there that I decided I should just stay home and watch on my black and white TV instead.

I imagine Mickey Matthews is spending most of his week trying to decide his play-calling strategy for this one. It's a tough decision. Do you go "Landers run left; Landers run left; Landers run left; Landers run right" or "Landers run right; Landers run left; Landers run left; Landers run left; Landers run right"? Or, my personal favorite, "Landers run right; Landers run left; Landers run right; Landers run center." That one always surprises the defense when I do it on NCAA 2K8.

Nobody else can stop it. Why would we be able to? xbowx

StrikeJMU
October 5th, 2008, 09:55 PM
How about you stop it then trash the play calling. It will be more embarrassing when you know its coming. I'm sure Nova could give us some useful tips also. (James Madison= #1 for more than 7 days)

DTSpider
October 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Damn it! I'll be in Richmond that night, and would be tailgating by 8 AM if not for that crap only opening the parking lot at 11:30. You can bet your arse I'll be waiting in line around 11:15.

Word is that it took a lot of money to get the lots open for the extra hour. Thank you Farm Bureau Insurance!

The City of Richmond is just awful to deal with. Seriously, they should be celebrating a #1 vs #5 matchup. Instead, they are adding extra restrictions on parking.

Than again, not very surprsing. This is the same people that wouldn't allow the NCAA to host the soccer finals at City Stadium anymore, that wouldn't allow a developer to build a new stadium for the RBraves for FREE, etc. However, Wilder has done a great job getting undeserved degrees and bonuses for his inner circle.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2008, 09:59 PM
How about you stop it then trash the play calling. It will be more embarrassing when you know its coming. I'm sure Nova could give us some useful tips also. (James Madison= #1 for more than 7 days)

You haven't been #1 for 7 days. The polls come out on Mondays.

StrikeJMU
October 5th, 2008, 10:00 PM
semantics sure are fun.

DTSpider
October 5th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Is parking allowed on Rosewood, Maplewood or Freeman in the neighborhood? I'll be getting there late, as my son has a noon game in Williamsburg.

There is some parking along Maplewood and that is the preferred side to be on. You may have to go over the Powhite/Downtown expressway connection to get parking. I have a feeling that you may be in for a long walk coming in later than 2:30.

I'm not sure if this will help, but the AD put this out that has links to all of the restrictions:
http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/rich-m-footbl-fanpage.html

DTSpider
October 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Some initial thoughts/questions:

When JMU has the ball - Can UR stop the run? Nova exposed some weaknesses up the middle, but prior to that UR was very strong against the run. Will UR have to bring 8 up to stop the run? Can UR stay in the assignments and stop the big play? Despite the unimaginative playcalling JMU is rolling up points (although if it ain't broke, why try to fix it?). If JMU has to throw the ball I think that UR has the advantage.

When UR has the ball - Can UR run it? Against VMI we saw a rearranged line and the true freshman Wilkins starting. Eric Ward has looked really good at times and if UR can give him some run support it makes a huge difference to be in short yardage conversationgs for 3rd downs. However, UR has really struggled to establish the run at key times which could pose problems against a fast defense.

Special teams - Last year UR had several big returns, but not so much this year. This year JMU has shown the ability to get the big plays. In a game where I think there will be little separation talent wise, a big return or block may be the difference.

alexale23
October 5th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Ill be there at high noon. Anyone plan on have a tail gate. Let me know so I can come by and and share a beer and eat your food.

alexale23
October 5th, 2008, 10:18 PM

When JMU has the ball - Can UR stop the run? Nova exposed some weaknesses up the middle, but prior to that UR was very strong against the run. Will UR have to bring 8 up to stop the run? Can UR stay in the assignments and stop the big play? Despite the unimaginative playcalling JMU is rolling up points (although if it ain't broke, why try to fix it?). If JMU has to throw the ball I think that UR has the advantage.

When UR has the ball - Can UR run it? Against VMI we saw a rearranged line and the true freshman Wilkins starting. Eric Ward has looked really good at times and if UR can give him some run support it makes a huge difference to be in short yardage conversationgs for 3rd downs. However, UR has really struggled to establish the run at key times which could pose problems against a fast defense.

Special teams - Last year UR had several big returns, but not so much this year. This year JMU has shown the ability to get the big plays. In a game where I think there will be little separation talent wise, a big return or block may be the difference.

Jmu's defense for the last 10 Q has been amazing only giving up 21 points in 10 Q wow they have really stepped it up.

ur2k
October 6th, 2008, 08:14 AM

You can't park in the neighborhood right near the stadium anymore. You may be better off parking closer to 195 or Carytown and walking.

th0m
October 6th, 2008, 08:38 AM
key stretch for JMU too

@Richmond
@NOVA
DELAWARE

Definitely a tough stretch as well. Keep in mind though it looks more like this:

@Richmond
bye
@Villanova
Delaware
bye

In hindsight, they sure did plan those bye weeks nicely.

DevilDawg
October 6th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I will be in attendance.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 6th, 2008, 08:47 AM

Answer to question 1 - Yes, if Duke could do it, you can do it. JMU will break one or two big plays, but JMU will also have a few three-and-outs.

Answer to question 2 - UR will be able to run, but the pass is a better way to beat JMU, although JMU has been good at creating INTs this year. JMU has a very good defense against the run, mostly leading to 3rd and short scenarios where JMU's defense is a roll of the dice away from the other team punting. Going for it on fourth down is an option - worked well for Duke, not so well for Hofstra.

Answer to question 3 - JMU is a dangerous team returning kicks. However, Hofstra exposed how to mitigate this on punts. Kick it really, really, really, really damn high. Scotty took a couple of nasty hits on Saturday because he is so brave he wouldn't take a fair catch. JMU's kickoff return coverage was atrocious on Saturday. Amazing Hofstra couldn't even score a FG. UR should be able to have some decent returns, but breaking a big one would surprise me.

JmuSlacker
October 6th, 2008, 08:59 AM

And that's why it's always so nice to come to your stadium and thump you guys.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 6th, 2008, 09:32 AM
And that's why it's always so nice to come to your stadium and thump you guys.

Congrats on your first post. I guess you couldn't tell that I was kidding. I thought you had to pass a written test before you could post at AGS anymore ... I guess not. xoopsx

alexale23
October 6th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Definitely a tough stretch as well. Keep in mind though it looks more like this:

@Richmond
bye
@Villanova
Delaware
bye

In hindsight, they sure did plan those bye weeks nicely.

yes the byes are nice but keep in mind byes dont mean much. Just ask App how much a bye before a big game has helped them the past 2 years.

ur2k
October 6th, 2008, 10:07 AM
xlolx well played.

Thank you FanofAll... for having a sense of humor.

Should be a good one on Saturday.

alexale23
October 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM
So whose gonna be cookin and wants to feed me