PDA

View Full Version : Can Montana keep their Big Sky Conference championship streak alive?

Jacks76
October 5th, 2008, 11:21 AM
We'll see in the coming weeks. The Griz do not have an easy schedule. Weber sure showed how to play them on grass. What about non-grass?

Paul

uofmman1122
October 5th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I don't think grass/non-grass had anything to do with it. Weber beat us, plain and simple.

However, if we can *somehow* win out, I don't think Weber will survive undefeated in Big Sky play, but you never know.

Montana's hopes are not lost, but a loss this weekend at EWU will surely put us down for the count. However, I think we can still lose 2 more games and make the playoffs. The Big Sky is crazy good this year, though, so even two games might be too much to ask for.

cats2506
October 5th, 2008, 11:50 AM
The Big Sky is going to be a dog fight this year. Every game is going to be up for grabs if you ask me.

WSU loos good, but they were at the top of their game for yesterday.
EWU has offensive weapons, but holes on D
PSU is all over the place, they will win more games, and they will lose several. No D
NAU has a tough D and will stop many teams, but do they have the O
SAC and UNC are much improved and will take some games from teams at the top.
ISU is not that bad, they will cause problems for some teams
UM is down this year, but still the griz
MSU has a good D and the O is improving every game

Injuries will be a factor, if I had to pick the top right now it would be WSU just because they knocked off UM, but I think it will change by next week, and maybe again the week after.

DuckDuckGriz
October 5th, 2008, 01:46 PM
MSU has really turned things around - we'll see how much longer they can keep sneaking up on teams before they are in the Top 25. I think UM will still be in the race for the conference title at the end, and I wouldn't be surprised if MSU beats Weber. Not surprised at all. This is the Big Sky after all.

alexale23
October 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM
We'll see in the coming weeks. The Griz do not have an easy schedule. Weber sure showed how to play them on grass. What about non-grass?

Paul

dude your nuts the griz schedule is filled with cupcakes. The reason it might not be easy for them is they are a bad team

Casey_Orourke
October 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM
dude your nuts the griz schedule is filled with cupcakes. The reason it might not be easy for them is they are a bad team

I disagree.....Yes the Griz have always been the team to beat in the Big Sky, but parity has begun to show itself in the Big Sky, not so much as the Griz dropping to everyone's level as everyone starting a slow climb to the Griz's. Give it a couple more years and everyone in the Big Sky will be a contender for the title.

Jacks76
October 5th, 2008, 02:44 PM
With all due respect, everyone except Northern Colorado already is. UNC needs a few more years to get used to the conference, but everyone else is used to being right there in the thick of things.

Paul

Casey_Orourke
October 5th, 2008, 02:56 PM
With all due respect, everyone except Northern Colorado already is. UNC needs a few more years to get used to the conference, but everyone else is used to being right there in the thick of things.

Paul

PSU still has a consistency problem to be a real contender. I think as the freshmen get experience PSU will improve. We may play the spoiler, but not a contender.