PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross loses by 7 points!

hvsader
October 5th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Strange season...HC record is 1-3 with losses to UMass, Harvard & Yale. HC has lost these 3 games by a total of seven points, two of them on last play field goals - unusual

Maroon&White
October 5th, 2008, 11:47 AM
UMass, Harvard & Yale.

All schools of the same academic standards.

crusader11
October 5th, 2008, 11:49 AM
All schools of the same academic standards.

xlolx

Maroon&White
October 5th, 2008, 12:07 PM
xlolx

:D Glad someone got a laugh out of it xlolx

YaleFootballFan
October 5th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I think I speak on behalf of all Yale fans, but we're going to miss playing Holy Cross. After playing HC 13 times in the last 17 years, the Crusaders are not on Yale's schedule for the foreseeable future (which is through 2013).

Holy Cross, it's been fun. Best of luck the rest of the way!

bulldog10jw
October 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I think I speak on behalf of all Yale fans, but we're going to miss playing Holy Cross. After playing HC 13 times in the last 17 years, the Crusaders are not on Yale's schedule for the foreseeable future (which is through 2013).

You do speak for Yale fans. We've had some great games with HC and have been lucky to win as many as we have. Good New England rivalry.

Husky Alum
October 5th, 2008, 03:32 PM

I think HC is playing NU at least 3 times between 2009 and 2013 - that may be one of the reasons. HC comes to Parsons for the first time in a long long long time next year, and then I was told we have a home/home in 2010 and 2012, and there is some talk about another home/home in 2011 and 2013.

art vandelay
October 5th, 2008, 04:41 PM
who is atop the patriot league right now?

crusader11
October 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Colgate, Lafayette, and Holy Cross are all tied for first with records at 1-0. However, Lehigh and Bucknell have not even played a league game yet, so it is hard to clearly distinguish who is "atop" the PL. In my opinion, the three teams with 1-0 records will be the ones most likely vying for a League championship.

art vandelay
October 5th, 2008, 04:50 PM
any of them really good

bonarae
October 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
We're still on your schedule until 2011. For 2012, maybe now would be the time to schedule an FCS contender?

Pard94
October 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Holy Cross maybe 1-3 but given who they have played and how they have played them...they have to be considered the class of the league thus far. It should make for some interesting match ups in the coming weeks.

YaleFootballFan
October 5th, 2008, 06:04 PM
You do speak for Yale fans. We've had some great games with HC and have been lucky to win as many as we have. Good New England rivalry.

And a fun road trip too! I've always enjoyed going up to Fitton Field.

hvsader
October 6th, 2008, 08:54 AM
...according to the New Haven Register

The two teams, which played for the first time in 1903 and have met 13 times in the last 17 seasons, have no plans to play each other in the immediate future.

Holy Cross coach Tom Gilmore did not hide his disappointment about the end of the series following the game.

“We would play them every year, but it was their decision,” Gilmore said. “I think the game makes sense. I am not sure what happened. Two great football programs, one in the Ivy, one in the Patriot, less than two hours apart. It doesn’t get any better than that. The game makes sense, and I think it is unfortunate that we are not playing.”

Albany will replace Holy Cross on the schedule next season with games against Lehigh, Lafayette and Colgate also planned in the coming years.

“I know we played Holy Cross more than any opponent outside of (Ivy League teams),” Yale coach Jack Siedlecki said. “I don’t think it was anything intentional. I don’t know if it was anybody saying, ‘We don’t want to play Holy Cross.’”