PDA

View Full Version : Early Season Shakedown

drpnut
October 4th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Montana looks to be good on "paper" we will see how they respond.

EWU has three losses and really can't afford to lose another and get in the playoffs.

Deleware is done. They will lose at least one more. No playoffs.

ElCid still has a ways to go. Still iffy, might make some noise, who knows...

Furman looked bad today. Still in the hunt.

Elon is a good team, but there is still a lot of ball left. They will lose 2 conference games.

Appy looked strong in the first half, but so-so in the second half.

It appears no one in the SoCon can put together a complete game this year.

Youngstown is done. Period.

SIU is in danger...

It will be a very good ride the rest of the way.

Holla

Dane96
October 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Very much parity this year.

Right now...no one is safe.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 4th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I don't think you can count out the Hens yet. They have a few weeks to get well before their final guantlet of JMU, Richmond, Villanova. I think they can lose 1 more and still make the playoffs. That would make them 8-4.

wkuhillhound
October 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM
That is one of the things I miss about FCS. The lower divisions have this football game figured out. A system where most every team is on equal footing. In FBS, the haves and havenots are obvious and everything is predetermined. You have the occasional WAC and Mountain West team busting through the seams, but they are not heralded in any sense of the word. Even if BYU, Boise State, or Utah goes undefeated, they will NEVER have a chance at the national championship because everything is predetermined by the BCS gods and fairness is never achieved in FBS.

Enough about my rant. FCS is completely wide open with about 10 - 15 teams that have a legitimate shot at the national championship and the way it should be. xpeacex

elon77
October 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Montana looks to be good on "paper" we will see how they respond.

EWU has three losses and really can't afford to lose another and get in the playoffs.

Deleware is done. They will lose at least one more. No playoffs.

ElCid still has a ways to go. Still iffy, might make some noise, who knows...

Furman looked bad today. Still in the hunt.

Elon is a good team, but there is still a lot of ball left. They will lose 2 conference games.

Appy looked strong in the first half, but so-so in the second half.

It appears no one in the SoCon can put together a complete game this year.

Youngstown is done. Period.

SIU is in danger...

It will be a very good ride the rest of the way.

Holla

No one in the Socon can put together a complete game? It looked like to me Elon put together a complete game today. 400 yards total offense and held the other team to 10 points. What else do they have to do?xconfusedx

dbackjon
October 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Don't overlook NAU. They are looking like a top 10 team.

catamount man
October 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Western Carolina has a LONG way to go...again.

I can take solace in the fact that we have won more in 2008 than in 2007, but that's about it.

Still love em though!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Col Hogan
October 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I don't think you can count out the Hens yet. They have a few weeks to get well before their final guantlet of JMU, Richmond, Villanova. I think they can lose 1 more and still make the playoffs. That would make them 8-4.

But only 7 -4 in counters...remember, that DII game does not count for the playoffs...

UMass faces the same problem...we have one coming up against Bryant...they are an FCS transitional team, and a win won't count for the playoffs...

Umass74
October 4th, 2008, 09:08 PM
But only 7 -4 in counters...remember, that DII game does not count for the playoffs...

UMass faces the same problem...we have one coming up against Bryant...they are an FCS transitional team, and a win won't count for the playoffs...

Col:

NO. ASFAIK, Bryant is DI this year and a win over them counts toward the playoffs. xthumbsupx

dbackjon
October 4th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Col:

NO. ASFAIK, Bryant is DI this year and a win over them counts toward the playoffs. xthumbsupx

Not to the committee.

Col Hogan
October 4th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Col:

They are transitional this year...I may be wrong, but my understanding is it won't count like other FCS wins...if we win...

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 4th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Weeks like these make me glad I am not an AGS poll voter. My head would be completely spinning trying to come up with fair rankings.

Hoyadestroya85
October 4th, 2008, 09:29 PM
My head already is spinning
I just have to try my hardest to keep my homer instincts in check

Chi Panther
October 4th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Weeks like these make me glad I am not an AGS poll voter. My head would be completely spinning trying to come up with fair rankings.

Agree...quit voting 2 years ago....

saccat
October 4th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Don't overlook NAU. They are looking like a top 10 team.

Untill they play the cats...;)

T-Dog
October 4th, 2008, 10:00 PM
The thing with App today is that it was 41-7 at halftime. 7-0 App at the end of the 1st quarter. A 34-point lead is quite the cushion. I know we blew a 21-point halftime lead at JMU, but this seemed and was a lot more secure.

App played like world beaters in the 1st half so they didn't need to in the 2nd half. We've always had that "problem" if you want to call it that.