PDA

View Full Version : SLC TV Opening Night: TSU at TXST Thread

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:00 PM
The opening game of Southland TV -- I'm watching on DirecTV 617 for those who also have it...

Texas Southern, riding a three game win streak against sub-Div I foes against a Texas St-San Marcos team who lost to what some Bobcat fans are calling a "lower tier" FCS squad in Southern Utah at home...

Redemption time for the 'Cats who are out to prove something this weekend at home against TSU...

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Very crisp opening...loved the graphics and open. SLC TV is not a crappy product after all as some worried. With the production company that they had, I wasn't really expecting it to be that bad...and thus far, it's not.

Johnnie Cole smiling during his time on camera, Brad Wright...not so much.

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Weak kick by TSU...

Bobcats already start in great field position. Bobcats blocking Tigers all over the field as Bush gets to the TSU40...

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
4th-and-3rd from the TSU33, Cats go Toon to Luke TD.

TXST 7-0 TSU, 13:15 1st Quarter

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Reid hit WRs in the middle of the field on 2 of 3 plays to start their offensive possession. First downs on each pass...

A Reid 9 yard run after being forced out of the pocket followed by a Wright rush gets the Tigers into TXST territory...

Reid throws a pass with no Tiger in sight, picked off by a freshman DB, but waved off. Looks like he had it, may have hit ground before he had it...

Another pass over the middle, another TSU first down...

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:21 PM
TXST 7-0 TSU, 8:44 1st Quarter...

38 yard FG by TSU is no good.

patssle
October 4th, 2008, 05:28 PM
TSU has moved the ball at will on TXST's defense. They are stopping themselves with dropped passes and overthrown balls ...

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:29 PM
TSU has moved the ball at will on TXST's defense. They are stopping themselves with dropped passes and overthrown balls ...

Pat -- being the production guy that you are, thoughts on SLC TV thus far? Did you catch the opening? Seems the SLC commercials are the standard fare we've seen in the past.

blackfordpu
October 4th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Nice one handed catch.

patssle
October 4th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Poor resolution, lots of artifacts in the signal. Other than that, no big complaints, simple production and they are doing what needs to be done.

And yeah, those SLC commercials still suck.

blackfordpu
October 4th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Man, your aren't kidding about the resolution Pat. I have an LCD Plasma TV and it is a little blurry. Need to fix that.

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Texas Southern scored a TD -- guess where it was thrown? Middle of the field. Go figure!

TSU PAT is good. 7-7, 4:17 left in the first quarter...

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Has Reid thrown an incomplete pass to the middle of the field yet? He may be 7 for 7 by this point, the way he's just taking advantage of the secondary. Johnnie Cole knows what's going on in the middle..144 to 50 in favor of Tigers on the offensive side...WOW!

I am not sure he'd had much success to the outside, including that near INT...

Special teams may haunt TSU...great field position again for TXST...missed FG earlier...

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:42 PM
That running game is very crisp for the Bobcats -- 38 yard score by Canady. Another one of those talented backs -- Bush, Zwinggi, Canady.

TXST 14-7 TSU, 3:12 1Q

PAT no good, bad snap...they re-do it on a TSU penalty...another special teams letdown by Tigers...

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Bobcats force TSU to punt...

A solid special teams effort, perhaps the first of the night in the kicking game, right inside the 20...

Bearkat-Backer
October 4th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I have to say I have been pretty impressed with TSU so far, but who is that O lineman they have kicking for them?

Bearkat-Backer
October 4th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Also why are there only Kat fans on this thread?

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 05:59 PM
TSU fumbles it into the end zone...Bobcats recover...

Another TSU miscue takes points off the board -- up to 10 points in that respect.

Bobcats and Tigers at the game -- we all wanted to see what SLC TV was about and really get our first assessment of the Bobcats, who we know love losing to "lower tier" squads... xlolx

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 06:04 PM
TXST INT two plays after the TSU fumble gave the ball to the Bobcats at their 20...

TOUCHDOWN TSU a few plays later -- 14-14, 10:06 if the PAT goes through.

Bearkat-Backer
October 4th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Bobcats and Tigers at the game

From the looks of the stands they can't all be there....xwhistlex

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Bradley George in for Clint Toon...

Throws a wide open touchdown for 39 yards...I do not think there way anyone within 10-15 yards in any direction of Blake Burton. How'd he get so open?

TXST 21-14 TSU, 7:47 2nd Q

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 06:30 PM
28-20, TXST on top of TSU...

Bad snap on PAT attempt keeps Tigers away from tacking on the PAT. Bradley George has two long TDs to get the scoring going for the Bobcats...

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 06:34 PM
TSU is good for what ails you...

Bradley George is looking like a professional QB against TSU...no problems for the TXST signal caller against the Tigers...

35-20 TXST

813Jag
October 4th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Is anybody playing D? xconfusedx

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Bradley George is 7 of 7 for 198 yards and 3 TDs today against the Tigers...

pokefan02
October 4th, 2008, 06:59 PM
In Lake Charles the game is only available on HD Digital Cable or OTA on the HD digital feed. I've checked all the SD feeds and it's not available on them.

813Jag
October 4th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I actually got the game here in Tampa on one of the Fox Sports Channels.

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I actually got the game here in Tampa on one of the Fox Sports Channels.

Yep -- I'm watching it in NOLA on DirecTV 617. Same channel I got the SHSU-Kansas game a few weeks ago. All SLC TV contests will be on this one for football, no word on basketball just yet, but this is huge for the SLC. xnodx

42-20 by the way in favor of TXST. TSU kept it close for awhile, you aren't going to keep up with a team for the whole game against a Div I team when you don't have the talent level to compete week to week at this level of football...

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 07:41 PM
UPDATE: Bobcats showing a little HOBO offense...high octane and scoring on big plays...then again, they are doing it against a bad defense...TXST 49-26, 6:24 3Q

slycat
October 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM

Because I had to work extra to help with the hurricane today. Figures I would miss the Bobcat TV game.

slycat
October 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Bradley George is 7 of 7 for 198 yards and 3 TDs today against the Tigers...

What the heck?

Bearkat-Backer
October 4th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Guess we won't get to see the 4th quarter due to the Dynamo game. that is pretty lame.

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Guess we won't get to see the 4th quarter due to the Dynamo game. that is pretty lame.

Looks like only the Houston market is getting 'blacked out' here on the fourth quarter...I've got the game on 617 (DirecTV) still.

They needed to move the game to 4 p.m instead of up to 5 p.m...guessing they thought the game would last three hours and be the perfect bridge into their Dynamo programming...

slycat
October 4th, 2008, 08:07 PM

Weak. Well at least we have televised games.

slycat
October 4th, 2008, 08:28 PM
56-33 now. Texas States defense is going to need serious work for McNeese St next week.

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 08:30 PM
56-33 now. Texas States defense is going to need serious work for McNeese St next week.

And any team with a solid passing game -- which means SLU (Babin), SHSU (Bomar) and UCA (Brown), heck maybe even SFA (Moses)...

Reid has no talent around him and still racked up over 450+ yards through the air. The aforementioned teams have some talent, even if not much more than TSU in a few cases.

Could be a long season for the Bobcats...

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM
FINAL.

63-39, TXST over TSU

slycat
October 4th, 2008, 08:39 PM
And any team with a solid passing game -- which means SLU (Babin), SHSU (Bomar) and UCA (Brown), heck maybe even SFA (Moses)...

Reid has no talent around him and still racked up over 450+ yards through the air. The aforementioned teams have some talent, even if not much more than TSU in a few cases.

Could be a long season for the Bobcats...

I prepared for that before the season. I'm worried about Bomar and Brown. Seems the other SLC are struggling on defense too.

Heck if you have a decent running game you can beat us. SUU averaged under 30 yrads when we played them and they ran 199 against us.

I hope we can win 3 conference games so we have a .500 average. I would love to do better but don't expect to (I can see us pulling a donut on the rest of the season, God that would suck). No easy games left. SFAs shown it can play good and its on the road.

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Wright said the Bobcats got to "shore up the defense, shore up the secondary"...

Hoping Mo Crosby and Will Thompson will be back for McNeese...

Cat79
October 5th, 2008, 12:45 AM
TT,

Southern Utah has defeated Youngstown State. Texas Southern was much improved compared to their teams of the past. The judgement is still out on our final result. :D Don't count your chickens before the game is played.

McTailGator
October 5th, 2008, 07:12 AM

I actually believe TSU has plenty of talent around Reid.

BUT THEY HAVE THE WORST COACHING IN DIVISION I. xeyebrowx

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 5th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I actually believe TSU has plenty of talent around Reid.

BUT THEY HAVE THE WORST COACHING IN DIVISION I. xeyebrowx

i agree. still, no excuse for having a suckass defense. lol.