PDA

View Full Version : Rhody upsets # 25 team in FCS (in a close one)!

Brad82
October 4th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Just kidding (URI spanked them).
Cassidy threw 5 TD passes. What a waste under Stowers. He is playing out of his skull this year. Rizzi says team is improving. Certainly looks that way.
Watched on computer. A lot of players contributing.

Uncle Buck
October 4th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I picked URI in this one. Nice W

Syntax Error
October 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM
good win for URI, BTW Brown was #25 in only one poll (not AGS)

spdram
October 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
A W is a W, congrats Rhody!

brownbear
October 4th, 2008, 05:03 PM
We played like crap. It probably shouldn't have been a 24 point game, but they definitely played a lot better than I expected. We committed a lot of stupid penalties (epecially on 3rd down), had too many turnovers, and little momentum all game except for a few big plays.

If we were to lose a game, I'm glad it was against a non-conference opponent and not an Ivy game. Our linebackers and linemen look great, with several sacks again, but our secondary needs improvement, quick. Last week, Harvard ran over us with their passing attack, and URI did the same again today.

Good win for URI.

brownbear
October 4th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Some stats:

Total Yards:

URI - 366
Brown - 355

Passing:

URI - 298
Brown - 277

Rushing:

URI - 68
Brown - 84

Third Downs:

URI - 6/15
Brown - 5/15

Now the big ones -

Turnovers:

URI - 1
Brown - 4

Time of Possession:

URI - 41:34
Brown - 18:26

Ram Ball
October 4th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Time of Possession:
URI - 41:34
Brown - 18:26

Wow....I didn't realize that. Great win today. Nice crowd, too.

Jackman
October 4th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Congrats on the Governor's Cup, lil' Rhody.

Cobblestone
October 4th, 2008, 06:37 PM
We played like crap. It probably shouldn't have been a 24 point game, but they definitely played a lot better than I expected. We committed a lot of stupid penalties (epecially on 3rd down), had too many turnovers, and little momentum all game except for a few big plays.

If we were to lose a game, I'm glad it was against a non-conference opponent and not an Ivy game. Our linebackers and linemen look great, with several sacks again, but our secondary needs improvement, quick. Last week, Harvard ran over us with their passing attack, and URI did the same again today.

Good win for URI.

#21 for you guys does a lot of talking and doesn't seem to back it up very well. He was getting smoked by Shaun Lenoard today. In fact I noticed Estes moved him over to the opposite side of Leonard in the 4th quarter.
Maybe some time on the bench would teach him a lesson...or two.

Cobblestone
October 4th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Just kidding (URI spanked them).
Cassidy threw 5 TD passes. What a waste under Stowers. He is playing out of his skull this year. Rizzi says team is improving. Certainly looks that way.
Watched on computer. A lot of players contributing.

...as was our WR corps. Look out Brad, we'll both be getting a red square from Mr. C.