PDA

View Full Version : CSN The CAA Today: Week Five & Six? New Kid on the Block!

BDKJMU
October 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=title-32&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

WrenFGun
October 3rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
Hmmph, Coach Ford thinks UNH is the least talented of the four teams but plays the hardest? I'll take that, though I tend to think they're more talented than they've been in the last few years (though Hofstra, Delaware and UMass all have good talent).

Maroon&White
October 3rd, 2008, 11:56 PM
“The three greatest defenses I have ever faced in the 38 years I have been here … was Delaware this year. That is a great defensive unit. I think there will be kids on that unit playing on Sundays. The second best defense we have seen was UMass about four years ago, and the third one was UMass this year and the fourth would probably be Montana.”

I hope Ford sees something in this UMass D that others don't. Or, Albany just plays against absolutely terrible Ds. Third best defense he's seen in 38 years..yikes.

Oh, and congrats to UD on the praise.

Syntax Error
October 4th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Believe Coach Ford.

bleedblue
October 4th, 2008, 04:03 AM
I would bet that UMass holds us to 15-20 points and 300total yards. With 2 weeks to get ready and most likely angry because of a 2-2 start, UMASS D will be ready to play. It will be a close game!

Tribe4SF
October 4th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I would bet that UMass holds us to 15-20 points and 300total yards. With 2 weeks to get ready and most likely angry because of a 2-2 start, UMASS D will be ready to play. It will be a close game!

This game should give another reading on Schoenhoft's progress. The UMass secondary is pretty good, and Robbie will need to show progress in looking off his receivers. With his slow release, if he locks in, UMass DBs could be the difference in this game.

Oldhen
October 4th, 2008, 05:32 AM
The difference in the game will come down to our DL. Coen gets time to throw regularly they're going to put up points and we just can't play shootout with them. I like our chances in a defensive game. I'm just not sure we can get him off the field enough.

danefan
October 4th, 2008, 07:42 AM
“The three greatest defenses I have ever faced in the 38 years I have been here … was Delaware this year. That is a great defensive unit. I think there will be kids on that unit playing on Sundays. The second best defense we have seen was UMass about four years ago, and the third one was UMass this year and the fourth would probably be Montana.”

I hope Ford sees something in this UMass D that others don't. Or, Albany just plays against absolutely terrible Ds. Third best defense he's seen in 38 years..yikes.

Oh, and congrats to UD on the praise.

1. He's most likely only really comparing their play against Albany to his 38 years. He's not watching what happened in the other games.

2. Fordie has an opinion on something, he must have seen something. He's doesn't BS anyone. He must have seen something in that game that sparked his interest.

3. Albany has only been DI for 9 years. There is a reason why the best defenses he's seen have occured in the last 4 or 5 years: The best teams Albany has ever played have happened in the last 4 or 5 years.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 4th, 2008, 08:11 AM
.....I haven't read the article because I'm on my way out of the door off to the JMU game.....

.....It's really a must win for UMASS today...well, it's always a must win situation in the CAA especially when you play at home. I don't believe they can take their second loss right now in the conference. I'm looking forward to see the outcome of this game.

The Dukes need to get it done today...I'm outta here.....

Go Dukes

danefan
October 4th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Hmmph, Coach Ford thinks UNH is the least talented of the four teams but plays the hardest?

That's a compliment from Fordie.xnodx

ChickenMan
October 4th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Unless the UD defense creates a few turnovers.. I don't see the Hens winning at UMass. The UD QB is still very much a work in progress and I expect that UMass will stack the box and force Schoenhoft to beat them with his arm. If UD is able to establish a solid running game.. they will have a good shot to pull out a win.. but I expect that Schoenhoft will be facing a lot of 7 and 8 man fronts.. which may make running the football a difficult task.