PDA

View Full Version : Elon thread

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Starting an Elon thread to help balance the board just a bit more.

elon77 posted in an App-Cit thread: Sometimes it's hard to find anything but App threads. But I do like reading what the two teams playing in Boone this weekend have to say about each other. It can bring a grin from time to time. I wouldn't mind being there myself this weekend. It could be a real slober knocker.

Helping a fellow SoCon fan.xthumbsupx

proasu89
October 3rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
bump

ToTheLeft
October 3rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Elon needs to learn how to score Touchdowns.

That is all. xcoffeex

ToTheLeft
October 3rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
And crickets... sheesh. No wonder there aren't any Elon threads... Elon fans are no fun! They must all be crankin dat Soulja Boy in front of the frat dorms in their easter colored polo shirts. :)

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM

That is all. xcoffeex

Like the 9 or so vs PU.xeekx

ToTheLeft
October 3rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
First of all, Presby is a college, they don't deserve the respect of being called a "U".

Second of all, the Presby defense couldn't stop a high school offense, so that's not the game I was really thinking of... I was mainly referring to...

GSU Game- 509 Total Yards of offense. One Touchdown.

Samford Game- 409 Total Yards of offense. Two Touchdowns.

That's over 900 yards with only 3 TD's to show for it. Kinda lame, if you ask me.

Reign of Terrier
October 3rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
First of all, Presby is a college, they don't deserve the respect of being called a "U".

Second of all, the Presby defense couldn't stop a high school offense, so that's not the game I was really thinking of... I was mainly referring to...

GSU Game- 509 Total Yards of offense. One Touchdown.

Samford Game- 409 Total Yards of offense. Two Touchdowns.

That's over 900 yards with only 3 TD's to show for it. Kinda lame, if you ask me.

Pu, as in stink:D

ToTheLeft
October 3rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
Oh, I know, and once they become a "U" that is fodder for anyone that plays them.

I just think confusing them with a "University" is a disrespect to any institution that works hard to earn that title. xreadx xpeacex

ElonFirefighter
October 3rd, 2008, 10:58 PM

That is all. xcoffeex

Come to the final game of the season and take notesxrulesx Could help you learn how to play football in a real conference. IE one that gets an auto bid

g-webb1994
October 3rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
Oh, I know, and once they become a "U" that is fodder for anyone that plays them.

I just think confusing them with a "University" is a disrespect to any institution that works hard to earn that title. xreadx xpeacex

If you knew anything about PC's academics, you would realize that your Falwell Slurpers and my Webbers have a long way to go to get to their level academically.

As for Elon, they went in the crapper when they got rid of the Fightin' Christian nickname and chose 'Phoenix'.

SoCon48
October 4th, 2008, 08:22 AM

Feel the same way about schools who provide a significant portion of their academics via correspondence/online courses?????

SoCon48
October 4th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Not intended as a smack thread.

elon77
October 4th, 2008, 09:02 AM

That is all. xcoffeex

They lit your hind parts up pretty good last year, didn't they? Until you beat a top Socon team you better crawl back in the hole you came out of.xnodx

ToTheLeft
October 4th, 2008, 10:04 AM
If you knew anything about PC's academics, you would realize that your Falwell Slurpers and my Webbers have a long way to go to get to their level academically.

As for Elon, they went in the crapper when they got rid of the Fightin' Christian nickname and chose 'Phoenix'.

Oh, I know they're academically solid. They've told me, so I had to look it up to make sure they were right.

That being said, they're still a joke. :)

ToTheLeft
October 4th, 2008, 10:07 AM
They lit your hind parts up pretty good last year, didn't they? Until you beat a top Socon team you better crawl back in the hole you came out of.xnodx

Hey man, I am excited about the game this year. I would hope you guys don't think you're coming into the Bill with another 30 point blowout, just like we don't expect an automatic win just cuz it's at home.

Will be a good game, I just have this bruise from last years game, so I gotta punch back a little while I can. :)

And we beat Western, they're a top 7 level SoCon Team! xwhistlex

ToTheLeft
October 4th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Come to the final game of the season and take notesxrulesx Could help you learn how to play football in a real conference. IE one that gets an auto bid

Oh, I will be there. Front row. Looking like an idiot giving your players all the trash talk they've ever wanted. "T-Moblie" as I've heard him called, is going to be very aware of our presence.

elon77
October 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Oh, I will be there. Front row. Looking like an idiot giving your players all the trash talk they've ever wanted. "T-Moblie" as I've heard him called, is going to be very aware of our presence.

If you trash talk Hudgins you are an idiot.xnonox

ToTheLeft
October 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
:) I'm an idiot, then.

Elon Fightin' Christians
October 4th, 2008, 01:34 PM
"T-mobile" just made it 17-3.

ToTheLeft
October 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
T-Mobile is a beast man. I completely understand that, I saw what he can do first hand when I made the trip to Elon and watched us get destroyed.

SoCon48
October 4th, 2008, 03:40 PM
<chirp chirp chirp chirp>