PDA

View Full Version : W. Illinois/NDSU--snow!!

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
According to accuweather.com snow is in the forcast for the Bison-Leatherneck game. Good for the game (inside nice and warm) not good for tailgating (cold and snow). Shouldn't be much for snow still a little warm to accumulate. Of course since i am walking to the game 8 blocks away it will be -10 wind chill 0 visibility and 8 inches of snow. Still good football weather to bad they can't open the roof.xlolx

Mountain Panther
October 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
According to accuweather.com snow is in the forcast for the Bison-Leatherneck game. Good for the game (inside nice and warm) not good for tailgating (cold and snow). Shouldn't be much for snow still a little warm to accumulate. Of course since i am walking to the game 8 blocks away it will be -10 wind chill 0 visibility and 8 inches of snow. Still good football weather to bad they can't open the roof.xlolx

You're predicting the weather for a week from tomorrow?

Thundar
October 3rd, 2008, 07:46 PM

Umm, first of all we play SOUTHERN Illinois this Saturday, and WHAT Forecast were you looking atxpeacex

Grizzaholic
October 3rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
And why would it matter if it was snowing???? Don't you play in a dome?

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 08:25 PM
Holy crap. Sorry i posted a thread. Damn lighten up everyone. First of all IMO its too early for snow, that is predicted by accuweather.com second of all i know the Bison play in a dome, but you have to go outside to get to the dome, thirdly i know S. Illinois is next up for NDSU so what this has nothing to do with that. Take a f-in pill all of you.xmadx

JALMOND
October 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM

I would think Viking fans (NDSU) and Bear fans (WIU) would be used to tailgating in the snow. Does it really matter, even if NDSU did not play in a dome.

spelunker64
October 3rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
I would think Viking fans (NDSU) and Bear fans (WIU) would be used to tailgating in the snow. Does it really matter, even if NDSU did not play in a dome.

Nope

Grizzaholic
October 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Holy crap. Sorry i posted a thread. Damn lighten up everyone. First of all IMO its too early for snow, that is predicted by accuweather.com second of all i know the Bison play in a dome, but you have to go outside to get to the dome, thirdly i know S. Illinois is next up for NDSU so what this has nothing to do with that. Take a f-in pill all of you.xmadx

Settle down young grasshopper. Think calm thoughts..

Kid Dakota
October 3rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
WOW ! South Dakota State plays Cal Poly the weekend in SD. Yes a little farther south but wonder if we could get that weather to welcome the Cal Boyz.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Settle down young grasshopper. Think calm thoughts..

Well it pisses me off that i make a thread about a game i am going to yes its not this weekend and it is in a dome but i just mentioned snow because usually the past few years we don't see it til almost Thanksgiving or later and now we could have snow in mid October, its just a thread that has nothing to do with the game itself. And people jumped on me about its in a dome, its not til 2 weeks what forecast was i looking at cause i must be nuts, so I apoligize i got mad but come on, just go with the flow of the thread. Whats the odds the only Bison game i go to and it snows. Hey maybe it won't.

Kid Dakota
October 3rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Well it pisses me off that i make a thread about a game i am going to yes its not this weekend and it is in a dome but i just mentioned snow because usually the past few years we don't see it til almost Thanksgiving or later and now we could have snow in mid October, its just a thread that has nothing to do with the game itself. And people jumped on me about its in a dome, its not til 2 weeks what forecast was i looking at cause i must be nuts, so I apoligize i got mad but come on, just go with the flow of the thread. Whats the odds the only Bison game i go to and it snows. Hey maybe it won't.

AHH don't sweat it my from from the north, I like to see a see a early snow myself (really helps the deer hunting). It has been a few years since we had a Oct snow.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
AHH don't sweat it my from from the north, I like to see a see a early snow myself (really helps the deer hunting). It has been a few years since we had a Oct snow.

Once it starts people here minus the snowmobilers will be thinking of spring really soon. I only like snow at Christmas and thats it, Dec. 26th start the melting.:)

bisonguy
October 3rd, 2008, 09:42 PM

We'll see towards the end of next week what the weather is like. I remember a game a few years back that the national sites were forecasting about 65 degrees and sunny a few days before the game. The west lots ended up being about 35 degrees for a high and raining for tailgating that day. xoopsx

I'd much rather have snow than mid 30's and rain.

Grizzaholic
October 3rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Once it starts people here minus the snowmobilers will be thinking of spring really soon. I only like snow at Christmas and thats it, Dec. 26th start the melting.:)

then move. Snow is great. The earlier the better and the later it stays the better. It is also great to get a little snow in the spring after a few weeks of nice weather. Or even a late June snow once in a while.xwhistlex

4mcrue
October 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
Did you seriously say that you are going to this game?????

"Well it pisses me off that i make a thread about a game i am going to "

Thanks for the ticket support, I love the fact that Bison FB is the biggest football in the state, even Whioux fans are coming to our games. If you can't be the Sioux, Whioux are you gonna be?

GOKATS
October 3rd, 2008, 10:06 PM

No prob, just blame it on your other brother Darell.xnodx xlolx

bisonwest
October 4th, 2008, 08:46 AM

I heard Kupek on WDAY say the same thing on last nights weather. True, I don't recall snow in mid October for many years. The funny thing about this is my brother and his friend are coming up from Omaha for the game, and it seems that anytime my family from Nebraska comes up the weather is horrible. I don't feel sorry for them one bit because they b**ch and moan about how cold it is and how much warmer it is in Nebraska.xlolx Even SDSU fans do this, though their average temps are really not that much warmer than ours. That's like us going to friggen Winnepeg and saying " how in the hell can you people live here? You should move to the tropical paradise of Fargo cause that extra four degrees is so much more comfortable!" Get a life!

Ronbo
October 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM

It's the damn Bush republicans again. First they caused global warming and now they are causing global cooling.xlolx

darell1976
October 4th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Did you seriously say that you are going to this game?????

"Well it pisses me off that i make a thread about a game i am going to "

Thanks for the ticket support, I love the fact that Bison FB is the biggest football in the state, even Whioux fans are coming to our games. If you can't be the Sioux, Whioux are you gonna be?

Yes i am going to the game, my wife is a die hard Bison fan and we are meeting up with her friend (a Bison fan) and her husband a W. Illinois grad. I think it should be a good game. And since UND can only win a conference title why not go to a Bison game.

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2008, 06:12 PM

I'm with ya on that one and I have a snowmobile.