PDA

View Full Version : Please grade the UNI performance vs Nicholls

UNI Pike
October 3rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
I would like to hear from people that were able to watch the game last night what they thought of UNI's performance. It is hard to understand what level of team they played last night, given two of their scheduled games have been canceled. Also a factor is the short week for UNI.

Just interested in learning what non-panther fans thought of the performance? Obviously the offense has changed a great deal from last year, i.e. from a pure drop back passer to that more of a Donovan McNabb type of run/pass QB.

Likes, dislikes? Thanks.

Chi Panther
October 3rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
Good win. Short Missed FG. If Grane led Victor Williams on the INT, would have been TD.

crunifan
October 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
I was super disappointed with the crowd, but I guess that is what we get for a Thursday night game. I had several friends that couldn't come due to night classes and work. I'm sure out of towners didn't have enough time to drive to Cedar Falls either.

Overall, I thought we struggled in the first half to read their triple option, but by the second half we had figured it out. Plus, we already tired them out in the second half, so we just kinda imposed our will on them from there on out.

UNI Pike
October 3rd, 2008, 02:13 PM
I think the UNI line play wore down Nicholls. Our D line was as big, if not bigger than Nicholls'. The O-line had a 30-50 pound advantage, plus that UNI fullback Grace playing QB.

I would have to say that there was some awful attempts at talking by UNI at points. I saw a number of runs where 4-5 arm tackles by panthers helped out the runner. I am certain that the Nicholls RB had something to do with that fact. But even on the last Nicholls drive on the game, the QB broke a long run, and would have scored a TD if not running out of bounds. Our tackling on that on play was laughable. It may have been the reserves playing at that time, it is hard to tell, as there are no names on the Panther jerseys.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
I watched the game and I saw a few things I liked and disliked.

1. Your QB Grace ran the ball well.
2. Your QB Grace couldn't pass the ball that well. Yeah he made some, but I can recall a few overthrown open guys..one in the endzone (that was him wasn't it?) xlolx
3. Toward the end of the game Nicholls seemed to get a second wind and held UNI to some field goals.
4. If UNI played Nicholls later in the year or after Nicholls had a few more games under their belt, it would have been much closer. Nicholls was uncharacteristicly off in that game.
5. The concrete hurt more people than the actual players did.
6. Small sidelines that nearly took off your QBs head.
7. Good pass defense..good picks.
8. Your interior defense was knocked back several times for 3-5 yard gains.
9. Team intensity seemed to be there one possesion and gone on the next.
10. This spot is left blank...where were the fans????

Overall I would say your offense was (1-poor to 10 Excellent) a 7 on that scale. You scored but had to settle for field goals because of overthrown passes to wide open WRs. Your defense was an 9 because of the great INTS and decent run defense. Nice trick plays also..a little reverse play for the camera. Your team is strong but the QB must hit a few more receivers. Overall I give your team an 8.5 out of 10! xthumbsupx

Heck, we played Tulsa and their defense sucked but their offense was beyond excellent and I only give them a 7. xlolx xlolx