PDA

View Full Version : USD Coach/Former NFL QB Arrested for DUI

Sly Fox
November 2nd, 2005, 05:55 PM
The AP is running a story on Jim Harbaugh being arrested early Sunday charged with drunken driving. He apparently was stopped for running a stop sign.

He told his team today and will be coaching this Saturday night in a home game against Chapman.

Torero Tradition
November 2nd, 2005, 06:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=ApaJxKrDf_TDDXI23i.wg5UcvrYF?slug=ap-sandiego-harbaugh-dui&prov=ap&type=lgns

ENCINITAS, Calif. (AP) -- University of San Diego football coach Jim Harbaugh was arrested early Sunday on a charge of drunken driving after being stopped for running a stop sign.

Harbaugh, a former NFL quarterback, was released after 7 1/2 hours at the Vista Detention Facility. He is to appear in court in December.

``I'm upset at myself about it, and more embarrassed for everyone else around me, the team,'' Harbaugh said Wednesday. ``My No. 1 concern is the players. I'm trying to set a good example for them. There's a consequence for making poor decisions and now that applies to me.''

Coastal89
November 2nd, 2005, 06:27 PM
I guess he's out of the running for the Liberty job. :)

Sly Fox
November 2nd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Bada bing!

:D

Tribefan
November 2nd, 2005, 10:41 PM
Wow that is not good. I think this will be a big setback for him but not a career killer. I hope he has an understanding AD.

GannonFan
November 3rd, 2005, 09:54 AM
Hey, not to make too much light out of a serious situation, but do you think he was driven to drink after he read the threads on here completely discounting any possibility of San Diego making the playoffs? I feel so responsible. :spank: