PDA

View Full Version : Jacks nab national ranking

dbackjon
September 30th, 2008, 01:15 PM
The NAU football team is ranked by three Football Championship Subdivsion polls, the first national ranking for the program in four seasons. The Lumberjacks are listed at No. 24 by The Sports Network, the FCS Coaches Poll and AnyGivenSunday.com. All three polls were released Monday.

"We are excited to receive the national recognition from the coaches and media," coach Jerome Souers said. "But we need to continue to get better as a team in all phases of the game to earn the ranking and be considered one of the top 25 teams in the country." It is the first national ranking for the Jacks since Oct. 9, 2004 when NAU was listed at No. 14 before a loss at Eastern Washington.

http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2008/09/30/news/sports/20080930_sport_182393.txt

DuckDuckGriz
September 30th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Jacks do have a problem staying focused. I remember in 2003 I thought they would tear the Griz apart in the Sky Dome and take the 'Sky. If they can maintain momentum into November it will be interesting to watch things shake out.

mcveyrl
September 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM
The NAU football team is ranked by three Football Championship Subdivsion polls, the first national ranking for the program in four seasons. The Lumberjacks are listed at No. 24 by The Sports Network, the FCS Coaches Poll and AnyGivenSunday.com. All three polls were released Monday.

"We are excited to receive the national recognition from the coaches and media," coach Jerome Souers said. "But we need to continue to get better as a team in all phases of the game to earn the ranking and be considered one of the top 25 teams in the country." It is the first national ranking for the Jacks since Oct. 9, 2004 when NAU was listed at No. 14 before a loss at Eastern Washington.

http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2008/09/30/news/sports/20080930_sport_182393.txt

xeekx xeekx xeekx

The site slogan, "Anybody can win if the other team showed up yesterday."

dbackjon
September 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah - I sent an email on that...

Screamin_Eagle174
September 30th, 2008, 01:24 PM

:D

That is all.

Just kidding.

Congrats! The 'Jacks off to a great start! xlolx (get it?)

Syntax Error
September 30th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah - I sent an email on that...xlolx As did I. And a comment. xnodx

IaaScribe
September 30th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Any Given Sunday is a great movie. I may be in the minority on that belief, though.