PDA

View Full Version : Dougherty Discussion on Playoff Prospects

OL FU
November 2nd, 2005, 04:08 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/extrapoint.htm

Since we have been discussing it, Matt's take. He has written much in this article which shows how confusing it is.

rokamortis
November 2nd, 2005, 06:19 PM
A very nice job by MD. He must ahve put a ton of work into it - but it really helped me understand the entire situation.

yosefcity
November 2nd, 2005, 06:30 PM
Bracket Side 1

Coastal Carolina
#1 UNH (A10)

UMASS
Eastern Illinois (Ohio Valley)

GSU
#4 Montana (Big Sky)

Lafayette (Patriot)
SIU (Gateway)

Bracket Side 2

Lehigh
#3 App State (SoCon)

YSU
Furman

WKU
Texas State

Montana State
#2 Hampton (MEAC)

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2005, 06:32 PM
Would WKU be on the road in San Marcos?

Montana St @ Hampton? Bet the Bobcats wouldn't like that one at all. Your bracket in general could use some more regionalizing. Doesn't seem too regionalized, but hey, it's all for fun!

yosefcity
November 2nd, 2005, 06:41 PM
Its all for fun. Plus no one is near Montana St except montana.

umassfan
November 2nd, 2005, 07:11 PM
I said this before and I will say it again... if UMass and UNH are the only two A10 teams in the playoffs they will not meet in the second round...

blukeys
November 2nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
I said this before and I will say it again... if UMass and UNH are the only two A10 teams in the playoffs they will not meet in the second round...

You are quite right. The 2 A-10 teams would be in totally different brackets as in '03. The Committee does look at this most of the time. Of course yosefcity's bracket is set up for a Lehigh - Lafayette final. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yosefcity
November 2nd, 2005, 08:56 PM
Are you kidding??? Its set up for an App Vs Furman 2nd round and a App vs Montana Final.

lugo02
November 2nd, 2005, 08:56 PM
You are quite right. The 2 A-10 teams would be in totally different brackets as in '03. The Committee does look at this most of the time. Of course yosefcity's bracket is set up for a Lehigh - Lafayette final. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Whats wrong with a Lehigh Lafayette final?

blukeys
November 2nd, 2005, 09:02 PM
Whats wrong with a Lehigh Lafayette final?

I was the first to predict it and I expect free drink priveledges at LU-LC tailgates for eternity should Lehigh Lafayette match up in Nooga for the NC this year. ;) ;) ;)

grizband
November 2nd, 2005, 10:54 PM
Its all for fun. Plus no one is near Montana St except montana.
You're right when you say there aren't many teams near us. Our last 3 first round opponenets during the "regionalization" period have been Northwestern St. twice and Western Illinois.

Toppermaniac
November 2nd, 2005, 10:59 PM

Not necessarily. WKU and WIU were the only two Gateway teams in the playoffs in 2002 and they met in the second round.

Grizo406
November 3rd, 2005, 02:31 AM
GSU
#4 Montana (Big Sky)

That one would be ever so sweet!

I think a few fans would show up to watch it.

VictorG
November 3rd, 2005, 08:13 AM
I'd go!!! :) :D

HensRock
November 3rd, 2005, 10:45 AM
You are quite right. The 2 A-10 teams would be in totally different brackets as in '03.

With the regionalization, it's unlikely that the only 2 A10 teams would be put in different brackets. Yes, it happened in 2003, but I think that was unusual. I would not be surprised to see 2 A10 teams meeting as early as the 2nd round.

SpiritCymbal
November 3rd, 2005, 11:31 AM
That one would be ever so sweet!

I think a few fans would show up to watch it.

I'd be there. Not sure how I would get up there, but I'd find a way. Fly, drive, swim, row, hitchhike, it wouldn't matter.....

LacesOut
November 3rd, 2005, 11:36 AM
Good read.

BTW, I want the NC game to be two teams that have never been there before, or at least have never won an NC.

LacesOut
November 3rd, 2005, 11:55 AM
Would you actually go to a I-AA game then? :confused:

Ha! I've been going to UD games for about 15 years. I swear. Not consistently, but enough. I won't make one this year though. I wish they didn't have so many early home games. I'm still down the beach all of September.

Can I still post here??

Eaglegus2
November 3rd, 2005, 03:18 PM
I'd be there. Not sure how I would get up there, but I'd find a way. Fly, drive, swim, row, hitchhike, it wouldn't matter.....

I am with you on this. :nod:

grizband
November 3rd, 2005, 03:22 PM
I am with you on this. :nod:
In 2000, I was in Chatty with the UM band. We met a couple of people from GSU during the game before our performance. They were especially nice, and were wishing us well in the game. Seems like you have some class fans down there in my mind.

TigerFan17
November 3rd, 2005, 03:59 PM
Can I still post here??

Hahaha. :D

Simma down nah Ralph.