September 29th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Flacc (UD) to Wilcox (ASU) for the TD!

Congrats to Flacco.

neersnbeers
September 29th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Go Joe Joe!! Sweet hook up with Wilcox!

93henfan
September 29th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Joe is starting to look like an NFL starter!

How about that elusive left, right, completion to Derrick Mason? Joe with the moves!xlolx xnodx

AppAlum96
September 29th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I was just going to make this very post. A TD celebrated simultaneously by Delaware and Appalachian fans!

93henfan
September 29th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I was just going to make this very post. A TD celebrated simultaneously by Delaware and Appalachian fans!

Somewhere in China, a midget's head probably exploded.

Hoyadestroya85
September 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM
now he looks like he's playing Villanova!

93henfan
September 29th, 2008, 10:18 PM

Go away.xlolx

mcveyrl
September 29th, 2008, 10:19 PM

No, I think the Steelers will probably go to the playoffs. Clearly he's not playing Villanova.

Hoyadestroya85
September 29th, 2008, 10:21 PM
No, I think the Steelers will probably go to the playoffs. Clearly he's not playing Villanova.

you don't think Villanova will make the playoffs?

93henfan
September 29th, 2008, 10:22 PM

Ba da boom, ba da bing! Boom, bang, KA-POW!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx

mcveyrl
September 29th, 2008, 10:22 PM
you don't think Villanova will make the playoffs?

I know the Villanova team Flacco played did not...

Hoyadestroya85
September 29th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I know the Villanova team Flacco played did not...
they got screwed out of it..
but anyway, once LeBeau decided to bring the heat, Flacco hasn't looked very good.
He looked great before that. Any NFL QB looks good with good protection though

GannonFan
September 30th, 2008, 09:04 AM
nova fans, gotta love all 5 of them.

Flacco looked good again. Managed the game well, made good decisions, and didn't look like a rookie just 3 games into his NFL career. Just keeps cementing his hold on a starting QB job in the league. And to play that well in his first Monday Night Football start is a great sign for things to come.

appmaj
September 30th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I like the 2007 NC game connection...

Jaxhen
September 30th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Any NFL QB looks good with good protection though

and any NFL QB looks bad when they are under intense pressure. For a rookie in only his 3rd start against one of the best defenses in the NFL and playing on Monday night in a tough and hostile environment, I thought he did a good job. I was especially impressed by his drive to tie the game when the momentum of the game had turned completely in Pittsburgh's favor. Many veteran QBs would not have been able to regain their composure like he did after the fumble and lead his team to the tying score.

mcveyrl
September 30th, 2008, 09:41 AM
and any NFL QB looks bad when they are under intense pressure. For a rookie in only his 3rd start against one of the best defenses in the NFL and playing on Monday night in a tough and hostile environment, I thought he did a good job. I was especially impressed by his drive to tie the game when the momentum of the game had turned completely in Pittsburgh's favor. Many veteran QBs would not have been able to regain their composure like he did after the fumble and lead his team to the tying score.

Me too. I was pulling for him, but thought that he (along with his Swiss Cheese line) would fold it up. That was definitely his most impressive moment (IMO).

AggieFinn
September 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
What was it that MIke Tyson said..."Everybody's got a plan until they get hit." Flacco was managing the game well, but like a lot of young QB's, the pass rush caught him eventually...that sense is not quite developed yet for him at the NFL level. You watch Roethlisberger, and it's like he has a sixth sense of when to get rid of the ball and when to tuck it away. I think Flacco has a bright future with the Ravens though, should be exciting to see him progress this season 'cause he almost beat the Steelers, and they are a good football team, especially at home.

appfan2008
September 30th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I thought Flacco looked great... especially anytime he can make an asu guy look good!

YoUDeeMan
September 30th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Joe has another "first" TD taken away. The Mason throw to the corner should have been Joe's second career TD. The refs took the first one away and the coach didn't challenge the call. Replays show it was a TD.

But, Joe looked good! If he can survive the brutal line play, he'll be OK.

93henfan
October 1st, 2008, 08:33 AM
You watch Roethlisberger, and it's like he has a sixth sense of when to get rid of the ball and when to tuck it away.

You obviously missed the Eagles-Steelers game the weekend before last. The groundscrew at Lincoln Financial Field is still trying to fill in all the impressions of Roethlisberger's ass that were left all over the field.

siuham
October 1st, 2008, 11:00 AM
Joe has another "first" TD taken away. The Mason throw to the corner should have been Joe's second career TD. The refs took the first one away and the coach didn't challenge the call. Replays show it was a TD.

But, Joe looked good! If he can survive the brutal line play, he'll be OK.

Having possession is a bitch.