PDA

View Full Version : UMass-Delaware predictions?

BigPapi
November 2nd, 2005, 03:15 PM
I like Delaware at home in an upset!

umassfan
November 2nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
--EDITED FOR SMACK--

LBPop
November 2nd, 2005, 03:42 PM
--EDITED FOR SMACK--

Hmmm, self control from UMassFan. I'm impressed! :p

umassfan
November 2nd, 2005, 03:43 PM
Hmmm, self control from UMassFan. I'm impressed! :p
They must have a radar every time I post they read it and edit it that second.

FightinBluHen51
November 2nd, 2005, 03:55 PM
You mean you didn't "self-edit"? Oh wait, that's not in your vocabulary xlolx j/k

Ivytalk
November 2nd, 2005, 03:57 PM
Delaware 24, UMass 4. Delaware snaps two out of the end zone for "gimme" safeties late in the 4th quarter as the shadows fall over a jubilant throng at the Tub! :D

umassfan
November 2nd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Delaware 24, UMass 4. Delaware snaps two out of the end zone for "gimme" safeties late in the 4th quarter as the shadows fall over a jubilant throng at the Tub! :D
Now thats smack right there... :confused:

Ivytalk
November 2nd, 2005, 03:59 PM
But it's subtle smack! :p

LBPop
November 2nd, 2005, 04:03 PM
as the shadows fall over a jubilant throng at the Tub! :D

Jubilant Throng?. You Ivy guys need to make it simple for us basic football folk. Is that something that the women are wearing on campus these days?

89Hen
November 2nd, 2005, 04:06 PM
I like Delaware at home in an upset!
Is it an upset if Delaware is 12-2 in Newark agains UMass?

umassfan
November 2nd, 2005, 04:10 PM
It is an upset because UD sucks and UMass doesnt. :D

89Hen
November 2nd, 2005, 04:15 PM
It is an upset because UD sucks and UMass doesnt. :D
It would seem you don't know the difference between discussion and smack. :nono:

Besides, the last three times UD had losing seasons (2001, 1987, 1983) guess who won the UD/UMass game.

umassfan
November 2nd, 2005, 04:17 PM
It would seem you don't know the difference between discussion and smack. :nono:

Besides, the last three times UD had losing seasons (2001, 1987, 1983) guess who won the UD/UMass game.
Your history will do nothing for you this week... history is made to be rewritten. Time to change history.

Ivytalk
November 2nd, 2005, 06:02 PM

Hey, Hen! Double 12-2 and you get: Delaware 24, UMass 4! :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2005, 06:43 PM
I'll be pulling for Delaware in this one. I really want Umass to make a trip down to Goodman in the 1st round. I'm not sure if UD can generate enough offense outside of Cuff to win this game. One can hope though, UD 20 Umass 17. Go Hens!!

umassfan
November 2nd, 2005, 07:09 PM
I'll be pulling for Delaware in this one. I really want Umass to make a trip down to Goodman in the 1st round. I'm not sure if UD can generate enough offense outside of Cuff to win this game. One can hope though, UD 20 Umass 17. Go Hens!!
Are you posting the score you want or the score you think because from your post it seems like you want UD to win but know UMass will win.

UNHknowledge
November 2nd, 2005, 07:33 PM
UMass in a shutout 28-0. Cuff is very good but Delaware doesn't have anyone left to throw the ball to so Cuff will have to have 35+ carries. UMass's D is not stupid and they will figure out how to shut Cuff down. Hopefully I'm dead wrong...Go UD.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2005, 07:46 PM
Are you posting the score you want or the score you think because from your post it seems like you want UD to win but know UMass will win.

I think Umass will win. Cuff is about the only person UD's got left and i doubt he'll be able to carry the Hens on his back against a good deffensive team. If somehow he is able to have a great game, combined with being at the Tub, i think UD's got a shot.

blukeys
November 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
I think Umass will win. Cuff is about the only person UD's got left and i doubt he'll be able to carry the Hens on his back against a good deffensive team. If somehow he is able to have a great game, combined with being at the Tub, i think UD's got a shot.

Not Really This week the Hens have put Chickenman in the 2 deep for the receiver corps. ;) If anyone goes down in the secondary they have 89 Hen ready and waiting. :rolleyes: We may be hurt but we still have some depth left. One more injury on the Offensive Line and you will see Mr. Chicken clearing the way for Omar!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

blukeys
November 2nd, 2005, 08:49 PM
Looks as if Ivytalk's score prediction has produced a whole new thread on the Smack Board. Still getting 2 safetys in one game might be a stretch. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now if we can just get a little help from the ghosts of Andy Kerr at the Tub on Saturday. ;)

MR. CHICKEN
November 2nd, 2005, 08:52 PM
SORRY OMAR........AH'M NOT SUITIN' UP.........MR. CHICKEN'S MEDICAL PLAN IS NOT ALL DAT!........DUH WAY HENS ARE DROPPIN'........UH M.A.S.H. UNIT....COULD'NT KEEP UP WHIFF BANDAGES AN' TAPE!.....:eek:......BRAWK!

blukeys
November 2nd, 2005, 09:06 PM
SORRY OMAR........AH'M NOT SUITIN' UP.........MR. CHICKEN'S MEDICAL PLAN IS NOT ALL DAT!........DUH WAY HENS ARE DROPPIN'........UH M.A.S.H. UNIT....COULD'NT KEEP UP WHIFF BANDAGES AN' TAPE!.....:eek:......BRAWK!

Now you have done it!!! KC will have to change hiis whole substitution scheme. I would suggest FB 51 but he will still be tailgating at kickoff.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2005, 10:42 PM
Looks as if Ivytalk's score prediction has produced a whole new thread on the Smack Board. Still getting 2 safetys in one game might be a stretch. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now if we can just get a little help from the ghosts of Andy Kerr at the Tub on Saturday. ;)

Not for a 'safety school'... :D :p ;) (sorry, couldn't resist a set up like that ;) )

bluehenbillk
November 3rd, 2005, 07:14 AM
It's honestly hard to see how UMass will score many points on UD. This is just a terrible matchup for UMass, they don't play well at all against teams that out-physical them, which is the real reason for the disparity in this series. When UD limits Baylark's effectiveness it opens up a field day against a freshman QB with no serious healthy threats at WR.

UMass does bring a sound D into the game but some teams have exposed it. The biggest advantage UMass may have is UD's O-Coordinator. I see the game in his hands.

LacesOut
November 3rd, 2005, 07:55 AM
UMass needs to win.

UD wants to win.

I got nothing else. lol

Except, teams who want a shot at a average UD team, get them this season. Hear that??? (Especially you, 'Nova)

89Hen
November 3rd, 2005, 08:07 AM
I'll be pulling for Delaware in this one. I really want Umass to make a trip down to Goodman in the 1st round.
I got news for you. If UMass goes down on Saturday, they won't be going anywhere for the playoffs except to their living rooms. That would be loss number 3 with Army looming.

89Hen
November 3rd, 2005, 08:08 AM
UD's O-Coordinator. I see the game in his hands.
Ugh, I shudder at the thought. :(

HensRock
November 3rd, 2005, 08:09 AM
Wow, some non-hen fans actually rooting FOR us!!!
Did I actually see a Lehigh fan post "Go Hens"?????

Excuse me, I'm getting all misty here. This is going to take some getting used to...

GannonFan
November 3rd, 2005, 08:47 AM
You gotta love it when even non-Delaware people start bringing out the 24-4 taunt. Who would'v thunk it. UMass will be in a tight game this week, no doubt. UD is very good at home, it's the last home game for the seniors, and Rich Gannon is even going to be in the house as he finally gets entry in the UD Sports Hall of Fame (you have to be at the ceremony before the game to be considered and for the past 18 some years he's always been a little busy on football weekends). UD should be able to limit the effectiveness of UMass running game (I think Baylark will get his yards, I just don't think they'll be consistent enough to carry drives for UMass) and Delaware will be able to move the ball on UMass's D (even Maine got 400 yards of offense on UMass two weeks ago). I'm still sticking with my homer pick of 28-24 for UD.

Maroon&White
November 3rd, 2005, 09:43 AM
UD is very good at home, it's the last home game for the seniors, and Rich Gannon is even going to be in the house as he finally gets entry in the UD Sports Hall of Fame (you have to be at the ceremony before the game to be considered and for the past 18 some years he's always been a little busy on football weekends).

Will he be playing QB or just being inducted?

GannonFan
November 3rd, 2005, 09:46 AM
Will he be playing QB or just being inducted?

He's a little worried about that neck injury so I'm sure he'll be in the stands with the rest of us - but who knows, he may even give a pre-game pep talk - he was 3-0 versus UMass in his day so he can start from there.

89Hen
November 3rd, 2005, 09:46 AM
he was 3-0 versus UMass in his day
Who wasn't? :cool: :p Sorry, couldn't resist.

Maroon&White
November 3rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
Who wasn't? :cool: :p Sorry, couldn't resist.

HEY, UMass has 4 wins... :)

bkrownd
November 3rd, 2005, 10:20 AM
The clock is ticking - in just two weeks I will be in lovely Amherst standing in front of Antonio's munching on the world's best pizza in the world's best town, in a state of total bliss. You can be jealous now. That is all, thank you. :nod:

BigPapi
November 3rd, 2005, 10:21 AM
I'll say

UMASS 17
DELAWARE 21

89Hen
November 3rd, 2005, 10:22 AM
in just two weeks I will be in lovely Amherst standing in front of Antonio's munching on the world's best pizza in the world's best town, in a state of total bliss. You can be jealous now.
November in Massachusetts or all the time in Hawaii.... which one are we supposed to be jealous of? :p

bulldog10jw
November 3rd, 2005, 10:32 AM
The clock is ticking - in just two weeks I will be in lovely Amherst standing in front of Antonio's munching on the world's best pizza in the world's best town, in a state of total bliss. You can be jealous now. That is all, thank you. :nod:

World's best pizza:

Wooster Street, New Haven, CT

Pepe's is the most popular. But Sally's and The Spot are as good.

http://www.jour.unr.edu/goldbaum/travelblogs/pizza/home.html

henfan
November 3rd, 2005, 10:40 AM
You can be jealous now.

I suppose next you'll be telling us that Northampton/Amherst has scores of beautiful, young coeds too. Are there even any colleges up that way? ;)

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2005, 07:12 PM
Deleware 49 Mass -28 :-)

umassfan
November 3rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
You gotta love it when even non-Delaware people start bringing out the 24-4 taunt. Who would'v thunk it. UMass will be in a tight game this week, no doubt. UD is very good at home, it's the last home game for the seniors, and Rich Gannon is even going to be in the house as he finally gets entry in the UD Sports Hall of Fame (you have to be at the ceremony before the game to be considered and for the past 18 some years he's always been a little busy on football weekends). UD should be able to limit the effectiveness of UMass running game (I think Baylark will get his yards, I just don't think they'll be consistent enough to carry drives for UMass) and Delaware will be able to move the ball on UMass's D (even Maine got 400 yards of offense on UMass two weeks ago). I'm still sticking with my homer pick of 28-24 for UD.
Do you know how Maine got the yards on us? By throwing the deep ball... something that Riccio does not do well... Try beating us short but we will shut that down in a hurry... the only way to beat our D is over the top... Hit a home run or be shut out. UNH even knew that by beeting us deep. Only one team has set up drives vs us and scored... they were the UNH Wildcats and you my friend are no UNH Wildcat... enjoy your losing season!

MR. CHICKEN
November 3rd, 2005, 08:42 PM
PILGRIM...........WE HAVE DUH TWELTH MAN!...(22K+)..................BRAWK!

saint0917
November 4th, 2005, 07:14 AM
I'll predict the team with the most points will win. ;) Umass has a real good team this year and Delaware is struggling, but, for the past many many many years UD has had our number, it will be a close game, could go either way.

Sam Adams
November 4th, 2005, 07:27 AM
World's best pizza:

Bulldog is tripping. Pepe's makes the best tomato pies in the world. Neither the spot or sally's can carry Pepe's peperoni stick. Sally's does have a fantastic white clam tomato pie and the spot is acceptable if you are wicked hungry and Pepe's is closed or the line to get into to Pepe's is wicked long and its raining/sleeting/snowing.

Antonio's in Amherst has tasty pizza, but its not even in the same stratosphere as Pepe's, but then again neither is any other pizza joint.

UMass 27 UD 3.

bulldog10jw
November 4th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Bulldog is tripping. Pepe's makes the best tomato pies in the world. Neither the spot or sally's can carry Pepe's peperoni stick. Sally's does have a fantastic white clam tomato pie and the spot is acceptable if you are wicked hungry and Pepe's is closed or the line to get into to Pepe's is wicked long and its raining/sleeting/snowing.

Antonio's in Amherst has tasty pizza, but its not even in the same stratosphere as Pepe's, but then again neither is any other pizza joint.

UMass 27 UD 3.

actually, most people I talked to, and most restaurant critics rated them:

1. The Spot
2. Pepe's
3. Sally's

But Pepe's definitely has the best atmosphere and is most popular.

ChickenMan
November 4th, 2005, 09:17 AM
UMass 27 UD 3

UMass by 24...??? me thinks Mr Adams has been at the 'Sam Adams' a little too much... ;)

bluehenbillk
November 4th, 2005, 09:40 AM
The whole town of Amherst is a hole. Went to some microbrew after the last game up there & it sucked.

UD wins going away.

Tubby Raymond
November 4th, 2005, 09:41 AM

Good for them :eek:

Tubby Raymond
November 4th, 2005, 09:42 AM
That is subtle tongue in cheek sarcasm, I'm pretty sure the subtle part is lost on you :rolleyes:

Tubby Raymond
November 4th, 2005, 09:43 AM
The whole town of Amherst is a hole. Went to some microbrew after the last game up there & it sucked.

UD wins going away.

Go to Northampton after the game, much nicer town and a larger variety of watering holes

Tubby Raymond
November 4th, 2005, 09:47 AM
World's best pizza:

One vote for Sally's :cool:

bkrownd
November 4th, 2005, 04:30 PM

Beer? That's for kids, dude. Coffee is a man's drink. You should have got yourself a latte or french press at Rao's. But then if you don't recognize what a wonderful paradise Amherst is, there's no hope for ya. :rolleyes:

bkrownd
November 4th, 2005, 04:32 PM
November in Massachusetts or all the time in Hawaii.... which one are we supposed to be jealous of? :p

I dream about November in Massachusetts all the time in Hawaii. "Oh, I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK..." YMMV

FightinBluHen51
November 4th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Now you have done it!!! KC will have to change hiis whole substitution scheme. I would suggest FB 51 but he will still be tailgating at kickoff.
That's right! Though, I guess I could come back as I still have some eligibility left. Put me in @ full back coach! Oh wait a minute.

FightinBluHen51
November 4th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Wow, some non-hen fans actually rooting FOR us!!!
Did I actually see a Lehigh fan post "Go Hens"?????

Excuse me, I'm getting all misty here. This is going to take some getting used to...
The exactly line is "Stop it, I'm getting misty already." Mel Gibson, Payback.

FightinBluHen51
November 4th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Beer? That's for kids, dude. Coffee is a man's drink. You should have got yourself a latte or french press at Rao's. But then if you don't recognize what a wonderful paradise Amherst is, there's no hope for ya. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: The only way I'm sippin' on a latte @ a tailgate or postgame is if it spike with good ammerato.

blukeys
November 4th, 2005, 07:17 PM
That's right! Though, I guess I could come back as I still have some eligibility left. Put me in @ full back coach! Oh wait a minute.

Or as CCR would say. "Put me in coach, I'm ready to play today! Put me in coach, I'm ready to play today!

blukeys
November 4th, 2005, 07:23 PM

You MUST be a UMASS fan. Bourbon is a man's drink straight up or on the rocks. Coffee is for the morning rush. Yes I have a French Press and it makes excellent coffee but to compare any coffee to Bourbon or Tennessee Whiskey (Jack Daniels) is total sacrilege.

Sam Adams
November 4th, 2005, 08:26 PM
actually, most people I talked to, and most restaurant critics rated them:

1. The Spot
2. Pepe's
3. Sally's

But Pepe's definitely has the best atmosphere and is most popular.

That's ridiculous. First of all The Spot is an overflow joint for Pepes but they don't have the same brick ovens, the ambiance and the tradition. Hell, it would be great if everybosy went to the Spot - the truth is that the Spot is often half filled while the line next door at Pepes is out the doot and down the street.

The spot over Pepe's - Frikken hilarious.

bulldog10jw
November 4th, 2005, 09:25 PM
That's ridiculous. First of all The Spot is an overflow joint for Pepes but they don't have the same brick ovens, the ambiance and the tradition. Hell, it would be great if everybosy went to the Spot - the truth is that the Spot is often half filled while the line next door at Pepes is out the doot and down the street.

The spot over Pepe's - Frikken hilarious.

sorry, that's the way it is.

umassfan
November 4th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Back to the game... UMass recieved alittle good news today as freshman Sean Smalls (WR/DB) has been cleared to play.

The Minutemen received good news this week on offense as freshman Sean Smalls (mono) was cleared to play today. Smalls is a defensive back who has played wide receiver as well.

Sam Adams
November 5th, 2005, 06:04 AM
sorry, that's the way it is.

Nope that is not the way it is. That is just your silly notion. Go to Wooster Street at 6pm tonight and you will see hordes of Tomato Pie lovers lined up at Pepe's. You won't see anything like that at Sallys or The Spot. I wish you were right but you are woefully incorrect.