PDA

View Full Version : What's up Patriot??

89Hen
September 28th, 2008, 10:54 AM
The PL is now 10-9 OOC including wins over: Marist, Robert Morris, Duquesne, Drake, Columbia and Howard. Is the PL just going through a down time? No offense to anyone, but it seems to me like they are now pretty even with the NEC and a step behind the OVC and MEAC. A couple years ago I would have put them ahead of all four. What say ye?

Model Citizen
September 28th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Oh God, not this again. You're encouraging more d-bags to go on endlessly about scholarships.

89Hen
September 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Oh God, not this again. You're encouraging more d-bags to go on endlessly about scholarships.
Why? The PL was a lot better 3-5 years ago.

Fordham
September 28th, 2008, 11:06 AM
There are a couple of recent PL threads dedicated to the topic. At the end of the day, no one knows for sure precisely why but most agree that we've taken a hit over the past 3 or so years.

There's further debate over whether or not we've become worse or if we've stood still while others have just gotten better around us (I fall on this side of the argument), but either way it's still admitting that we're not where we used to be in the FCS hierarchy.

Main culprit discussed is obviously the lack of schollies. Personally, I think there is a horrendous lack of leadership in the PL. They either lack the foresight to have a firm plan or idea of where the league should be going or else they have plan but aren't effective enough at selling it internally to get each school on board. The end result is that tough decisions like scholarships are tabled for year after year and they end up making navel gazing decisions that are geared more towards internal league competitiveness like addressing the AI issue. Either way, they're horrible and I'm not nearly as bullish on the future of the league as I was a year or two ago (not that my opinion is going to be weighed too heavily here).

89Hen
September 28th, 2008, 11:07 AM
There's further debate over whether or not we've become worse or if we've stood still while others have just gotten better around us (I fall on this side of the argument), but either way it's still admitting that we're not where we used to be in the FCS hierarchy.
Did anyone do an analysis of PL vs Ivy in the last 10 years? I would be interested to see if there really is a decline. xeyebrowx

Franks Tanks
September 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Did anyone do an analysis of PL vs Ivy in the last 10 years? I would be interested to see if there really is a decline. xeyebrowx

Lafayette beat Penn last night. Basically Fordham sums it up perfectly however.