PDA

View Full Version : BC 42 URI 0...Broken Glass 0

Cobblestone
September 27th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I got what I expected. BC has some BIG dudes on the DL and they're quick. Montel Harris is a good back (saw him run all over Central Florida) and I wasn't shocked to see him run all over us.

We stayed with them pretty well for one quarter, it was 0-0 after the first but I expected BC to break out and they did. I'll give credit to Coach Jags for calling off the dogs in the 4th quarter. BC didn't pile on the points which they could have done if they so desired.

At least I didn't break anything over this (expected) loss. Fisherman say that a bad day of fishing beats a good day of work. I'll apply that saying to college football.

Time for another beer. Goodnight AGSers.

p.s. Thanks to all the URI fans who came out to the game today and stayed through the horrible weather. You are TRUE fans.

elcid03
September 27th, 2008, 09:40 PM
pathetic...FCS football has taken two steps back from this loss..BC sucks!

Tim James
September 27th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I was expecting a a worse blow out actually.

JmuSkinsfan
September 27th, 2008, 09:58 PM

Yeah, BC isn't a world beater, but it's not like URI has been tearing it up in FCS either. I expected it to be about this score .. although I did think URI would score a bit

Cobblestone
September 28th, 2008, 07:16 AM

Baloney. BC isn't as good as they were last season on offense because they do not have Ryan, Whitworth or Callendar. On defense they are just as good as last season even though they lost Silva from the secondary. I'll admit URI played a horrible game and I don't expect BC to win the ACC but to say BC sucks is inaccurate.

Uncle Buck
September 28th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Shake it off and move on. This is a game that as you said, you go in with very little expectation. FCS from here on out.

Jackman
September 28th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Gotta give lil' Rhodie a break, past few years they've been capable of losing to anybody 42-0, nevermind BCS teams. The one area where you can always count on BC being exceptional is offensive line, that's all this came down to. They were 3 for 9 for 27 yards in the air, but URI doesn't have the bodies to stop BC's OL from doing whatever they want. With 267 yards of offense and 5 yards per pass attempt, URI would've scored some points if not for the 5 turnovers. Not a terrible loss for them. Gotta send positive thoughts their way, if only so there's no maelstrom of doom, wind and rain surrounding them again the next time UMass comes to Kingston. Sunny skies, Rhodie.

Cobblestone
September 28th, 2008, 11:57 AM
What poor state schools have to do for money.

Unlike spoiled rich kids who have mommy and daddy pay for college.

URI 28 Bryant 0... seems to ring a bell.

xlolx

Ram Ball
September 28th, 2008, 07:11 PM

I sat in torrential downpours for 3 hours to support my team, and despite the score, wasn't the least bit ashamed or embarrassed about Rhody's performance. Things are moving in the right direction for us for the first time in many years. Yesterday was the haves vs. have nots in its purest form. Sorry to have let you down, elcid, but what exactly did you expect?

Seawolf97
September 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I sat in torrential downpours for 3 hours to support my team, and despite the score, wasn't the least bit ashamed or embarrassed about Rhody's performance. Things are moving in the right direction for us for the first time in many years. Yesterday was the haves vs. have nots in its purest form. Sorry to have let you down, elcid, but what exactly did you expect?

I will covey this to URI as just did to another loyal fan of Hofstra. How many FCS teams out of the 120 or so of us are capable of beating BC at home? Maybe 3 to 5 maybe. They are not world beaters but they are a solid BCS program. So hang in there Rams and get ready for your next gamexthumbsupx

Go...gate
September 28th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Kudos to URI for stepping up. BC is ALWAYS tough these days.

Best of luck the remainder of the season.