LehighFan11
September 27th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Princeton has a very well run option game

LehighFan11
September 27th, 2008, 05:23 PM
WOW what a D stand!!!!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 05:23 PM
AFter a 10 minute opening drive Lehigh stops Princeton four times from the 1 yard line to take over.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Lehigh 0 Princeton 0 end 1Q

Lehigh driving to start 2nd Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Clark takes a bad sack, Leo misses 46 yard field goal.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Lehigh blocks a Princeton FG, returns it 70 yards to Princeton 8....

LehighFan11
September 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Haha Princeton's QB Anderson made up 5 yards and caught Pierce...O well nneed a TD here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 05:49 PM
TD Lehigh!! Clark to Fitzgerald

Lehigh 7 Princeton 0 7:00 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 05:57 PM
TD Princeton, Lehigh's defense getting run off the field.

Princeton should be up by 2 or 3 scores. Lehigh getting badly outplayed.

LehighFan11
September 27th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I really don't like that call.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Lehigh has 9 turnovers through 10 quarters of play this season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Lehigh able to stop Princeton at end the first half

Lehigh 7 Princeton 7 Half

The Historian
September 27th, 2008, 06:17 PM
That was one of the fastest first half I have ever seen - about an hour and five minutes. Princeton's clock management at the end of the first half was strange. That being said, Lehigh is fortunate to be tied at half time.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Lafayette is smacking around Penn, 24-0 late 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Lehigh's defense is getting whipped and their offense is pathetic. Wow this team is bad.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Coen really needs to consider Lum or Cisneros. The offense looks dead with Clark in there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Lehigh 7 Princeton 7 End 3Q

Princeton dominating the Hawks but somehow are still tied.

LehighFan11
September 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Rare mistake by Diamond by not wrapping up the Qb for a sack, results in big completion. Princeton at own 40.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Lehigh ball in good field position, 3:17 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Lehigh stopped on 4th and about a foot at the Princeton 32.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Princeton completes about a 40 yard pass on first down, getting ready for winning FG.

LehighFan11
September 27th, 2008, 07:35 PM
What a terrible throw by Anderson, just Princeton WR was able to see the ball before Carter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Princeton 10 Lehigh 7 Final

This might be the worst Lehigh team since 1992. They'll be lucky to win another game besides Georgetown.

LehighFan11
September 27th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Lehigh didn't deserve to win but that should of went OT. Anderson underthrows his WR by atleast 10 yards yet they win the game. Offense is terrible.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Lehigh didn't deserve to win but that should of went OT. Anderson underthrows his WR by atleast 10 yards yet they win the game. Offense is terrible.

Lehigh has zero playmakers on offense. McGowen is a good short yardage back but he's so slow that he has zero big play ability.

LehighFan11
September 27th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I like McGowan. You don't have to have big play ability to be a good running back. I'd prefer his 6-10 yard runs vs. a guy who hits a home run every one in 15. The problem is Lehigh doesn't have a complement to McGowan. The problem is Clark isn't consistent enough and Lehigh doesn't have good WRs.

hawkineer
September 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I like McGowan. You don't have to have big play ability to be a good running back. I'd prefer his 6-10 yard runs vs. a guy who hits a home run every one in 15.
Yeah, this is sooooo much better than having a Ron Jean or Jemaine Pugh or Marques Thompson. I just hate those guys who rip of 60 yard runs. xconfusedx

LehighFan11
September 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, this is sooooo much better than having a Ron Jean or Jemaine Pugh or Marques Thompson. I just hate those guys who rip of 60 yard runs. xconfusedx

Yea if they can do it enough yea obviously u want them. Listen McGowan is the LEAST of our problems.

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I was looking forward to catching the game on tv, but Fox Central had the TCU game instead. Sounds like neither team did a good job finding the endzone. Season is still early and conference play will be big.

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2008, 08:47 PM
November 22 can't come soon enough.

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2008, 08:48 PM
November 22 can't come soon enough.

Whoa! Let's not wish the season away, it's too short as it is.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Lehigh is 42-17-1 against the Ivy's since 1987, 5 of those losses have come under Coen. Coen has the possibility to basically double Lehigh's losses against the Ivy's in 3 years after dominating them for 20 years.

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Lehigh is 42-17-1 against the Ivy's since 1987, 5 of those losses have come under Coen. Coen has the possibility to basically double Lehigh's losses against the Ivy's in 3 years after dominating them for 20 years.

No worries. I think somebody else is just about ready to step up and cover those Ivies from now on.

Why not step back and relax for a while, LU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Yea if they can do it enough yea obviously u want them. Listen McGowan is the LEAST of our problems.

McGowen ability but with limitations basically sums up this entire team. He's a good running back but is in the same mold a as Dave Wilson who was a tough as nails runner but wasn't very good in space. McGowen would be a lot more effective if he had a backup that can turn a 7-8 yard run into a 30-40 yard run. I saw 5-6 plays tonight that if Matt got through the hole quicker he would have been into the second level before they would have gotten angles on him. If you're not going to have a two headed monster at RB then you need a guy like Rath who had both the size and speed to run inside and out.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Tonight marked the the 3rd time Lehigh failed to score double digits in the last 9 games. In the previous 19 years Lehigh failed to reach double digits 5 times total!! The decline of this offense in incredible.

The fact that they are continuing to regress is extremely alarming. The numbers under Coen compared to the previous 20 years of Lehigh football is almost painful to look at. What's really sad is things only seem to be getting worse. Since the middle of the last year this team/program has slid from solid to mediocre to bad, to downright dreadful. If you take out Georgetown and Bucknell Lehigh is 1-7 averaging about 12 points a game since starting 3-1 last year. Coen is running this ship into the ground and if something doesn't change the damage will take another 3-4 years to fix. I don't see anway this team duplicated last years 5 wins. Wait until November 22 to see the final stamp of ugliness on this season. I don't see how Andy survives another losing record and pasting at the hands of Lafayette if those who support this program really start to voice their opinion.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2008, 12:01 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/09/lehigh-7-princeton-10-final.html

It's not rocket science to figure out I'm particularly disappointed with this loss.

TheValleyRaider
September 28th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I was looking forward to catching the game on tv, but Fox Central had the TCU game instead. Sounds like neither team did a good job finding the endzone. Season is still early and conference play will be big.

Really? I though Oklahoma did a pretty good job finding the endzone...oh wait, you weren't talking about that game... xoopsx

Did Lehigh just play a particularly poor game, or is Princeton a good defensive team? How was the weather, was it rainy? Any effect there? xconfusedx xpeacex

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Did Lehigh just play a particularly poor game, or is Princeton a good defensive team? How was the weather, was it rainy? Any effect there? xconfusedx xpeacex

It was pretty humid out there, but a first-half drizzle really wasn't too much of a factor. Not much wind, either.

Princeton, folks will see, is a very good defensive team. Their "D" line did a great job against our "O" line. FWIW Lehigh has gone against two of the better "D" lines in FCS (IMO) the past few weeks.

But Lehigh still should have won this game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 28th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I don't understand why you don't let Lum get in there and see what he can do if he's healthy. I don't buy the argument anymore about learning the system, especially the way this one is being run. He's played QB i'm sure since he's 9-10 years old, he knows how to play the position, natural ability will succeed if he's got it. Most coaches around the country in Coen's situation would have played more than 1 QB's especially since the 3 are Soph/Fr. If there's an upperclassman things are different but the future and present are here right now with young QB's and Coen needs to try to find something that they can build upon. Coen seems like he's painting himself into a corner by not trying Lum or Cisneros. If he sticks with Clark now what happens next year? You're still left with 2 unproven QB's and a ? mark. He needs to find answers to the same questions and he needs to take some chances to find out those answers. The oline is young and i believe talented, you don't see 3 Soph oline starters at this level. I've seen improvement there over last year and based on the youth that should continue. If Coen can get a QB to grow with the oline then he might have something. That's why he needs to try Lum or Cisneros now because if not now then when? But no matter who their QB is he needs to let them play. Go shotgun and throw it 50 times, do something just to try it. It's painfully obvious what they're trying to do is simply not working. There's enough pieces that if you put them together right things will get better.

08Dawg
September 28th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Lehigh will roll against Princeton. Just watch out for the d-bags in the orange plaid jackets and boater hats and you'll be fine.

carney2
September 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I called the suicide hot line and requested that they send someone around to peek in on Go Lehigh TU Owl. Come on guys. Eight games to go. There will be moments to give you hope. I urge restraint. Dr. carney prescribes Valium. In the meantime, take away all sharp instruments.

Anyway, here's hoping that this thread is not step one of moving the ChickenSquawk chicken littles to a larger stage. If if it is, expect "Fire Coen" and "Drop This Program to D-III" threads coming to a neighborhood near you.

LehighFan11
September 28th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Ok, we need to take a deep breath and figure out what to do. I think this Cornell game might be a must win. I'm not ready to give up on the season yet, however the "season" for me has been to beat Lafayette since the start. I knew Lehigh wasn't going to win the PL, but I'd like to see them have some success vs. good teams and pull out a win in late Nov.

Bench Clark? I don't like it. If Lehigh losses a few more games I would give Lum a look, but not yet. If Lehigh had such a great recuriting class, lets use it. I want to see Gordon playing some WR/RB, whatever. I'd like to see Kennedy come back over on offense. I know it might take some time to get these guys involved in practice, but we need a spark on offense.

ngineer
September 28th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Well, I was there...Just got back from the Phillies game..at least the weekend ended on an upbeat.

My concern is the lack of aggressiveness. Not using McGowan on the fourth and one call is inexcuseable..Your best back at the crucial time of the game!!! The guy who 'ran' didnt'..he dove and came up short.

Before the half we got the ball at our 35 with about 30 secs. and 2 TO's..and we take a knee????!!!!xmadx To me that said a ton...and a bad message by the coaches: "We don't have confidence in our offense, i.e. QB to take us 35 yards and FG range in that time.xsmhx xsmhx

We did miss Walker..He's the 'change of pace' back that compliments McGowan. Defense bent a lot but came up with big plays at times, except when really needed at the end. DB failed to come back for the ball that the WR did.

This loss is not a 'season ender', but it was a win that should have been bagged. Cornell is going to be a huge test, now. A good showing will be needed for morale purposes. It will be the last game before League play begins on 10/11, and things better begin improving. Clark has a good arm, but he made some dreadful throws and the one INT was inexcuseable as it was thrown right to the DB.

Go...gate
September 28th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Princeton 10 Lehigh 7 Final

This might be the worst Lehigh team since 1992. They'll be lucky to win another game besides Georgetown.

I attended the game. I didn't think Lehigh looked that bad. Also, it was hard for either team to see in the prevailing weather conditions.

No need to panic yet.