PDA

View Full Version : CSN Way: Picks Appended to End of Article

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2008, 03:42 PM
CHUCKLES - picks for Week #5 - are up at last!

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-csn-way-how-many-teams&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Boy did James Madison, Elon and Eastern Illinois make me look good last weekend. With their come-from-behind victories I finished at an incredible 23-3. That’s not a typo. To be clear, that’s twenty-three wins and three losses. And to be even more clear, two of the losses (Holy Cross to Harvard, Bucknell to Cornell) were by one point apiece, while the third (North Dakota State) almost came back for me as well. Simply put, it’s my finest week ever.

Overall I’m 83-22 on the year, putting me at 79% on the year.

There are no regrets this week. Games I got really right were Northern Iowa beating South Dakota State (picked: 31-24, actual, 34-20), Wofford hanging tough with FBS South Carolina (picked a 24-13 loss; actual, 23-13) – and my personal favorite, picking the Eastern Illinois Panthers to finally put one over on their in-state rival the Illinois State Redbirds (picked: 28-23; actual, 25-21). And lest I forget, the game of the week last week? (I picked James Madision to win 31-28; actual, 35-32).

How can I keep up this pace this week? I’ll do my best, as always.

Ronbo
September 26th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I'm curious to see how we stack up to a top 5 Division II. This CWU team lost close to Grand Valley State in the playoffs last year and has 17 starters back. Hauck says they have 23-24 FBS transfers on their roster. D-II fans are always saying the top 5 Div II teams could be top 25 in FCS also. SDSU, NDSU, and Central Arkansas have kind of proven that. Sure would like to see GVSU play up once in awhile.