PDA

View Full Version : Appstate injuries this week

DLS
September 26th, 2008, 07:24 AM
from the jmu game and this week of practice app has lost:

devon moore - starting RB (season)
tony robertson- starting DE
quavian lewis - starting DE
dominique mcduffie - starting CB(season)
James Hill - reciever

*uck.

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 07:27 AM
i knew about all of them but mcduffie... what happened to him for the season???

DLS
September 26th, 2008, 07:27 AM
acl

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 07:28 AM
during practice this week?

uofmman1122
Going into conference play soon, this could get ugly...

DLS
yup

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 07:30 AM
damnit :(

for a true freshman at corner he was and still will be one day something special...

i guess we could still redshirt him and devon and possibly tony... according to coach on the last 2...

that would be sweet to have mcduffie for 4 more years!!!

WVAPPmountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I wonder if Mickey Matthews is still whining about APP faking injuries???

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I wonder if Mickey Matthews is still whining about APP faking injuries???

probably... a$$hole

DLS
September 26th, 2008, 07:39 AM
well with all these medical redshirts given to starters and backups seeing alot more PT, also tharrington hopefully coming back, our defense is going to be pretty nasty and deep following this season.

JMU2004
September 26th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I wonder of ASU can find anything else to whine about? By reading the delphi board, ya'll have pretty much hit on everything but the weather....

Good luck and get healthy. Injuries are part of the game, and I am sure that ASU has plenty of talent in the wings.

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I wonder of ASU can find anything else to whine about? By reading the delphi board, ya'll have pretty much hit on everything but the weather....

Good luck and get healthy. Injuries are part of the game, and I am sure that ASU has plenty of talent in the wings.

do enjoy being so rude?

in a week we had 4 starters and a solid backup get injuried... 3 starters for the season...

Yes injuries are part of the game but to hear your coach whining about us faking it is silly immature and pathetic...

DLS
September 26th, 2008, 07:45 AM

do we need to revert back to last decembers posts?

jmu saying someone else is whining? haha.

appmaj
September 26th, 2008, 07:46 AM
do enjoy being so rude?

in a week we had 4 starters and a solid backup get injuried... 3 starters for the season...

Yes injuries are part of the game but to hear your coach whining about us faking it is silly immature and pathetic...

He was probably one of the "classy" fans who booed when these guys got hurt.

xnonox

ASUG8
September 26th, 2008, 07:50 AM

Classy - I haven't heard anything on here with the exception of one ASU fan questioning a fumble. We got beat - we dealt with it, maybe you should.

Appinator
September 26th, 2008, 07:50 AM

Well, now that you mention it, the remnants of a mild tropical storm will be making its way through the blue ridge this weekend. So consider this my complaint about the weather too.

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I love how 6 app fans gang tackled this loser with nothing to do in his life but make fun of other people...

Rekdiver
September 26th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Ahhh, Mickey is blaming our faking injuries this year as the reason he ran the ball at the end of the game last year.....let him whine, he's definitely earned the right after the boneheaded mistakes he's made....

He better be focused on his CAA schedule.......I see a let down coming...

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Ahhh, Mickey is blaming our faking injuries this year as the reason he ran the ball at the end of the game last year.....let him whine, he's definitely earned the right after the boneheaded mistakes he's made....

He better be focused on his CAA schedule.......I see a let down coming...

a la usc last night...!!!

PhoenixPhan06
September 26th, 2008, 08:15 AM
You could run your scout team out there against Presbyterian and still win by 20!

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Hey, ***** happens, people whine. It happens on all sides and it always will. Perhaps this isn't the place to do it (surprised we haven't heard to take it elsewhere) and I don't read the JMU board (now) because I don't really care. Everyone needs to quit yer b!tching and let's act like grownups...on ALL sides (but mostly not Apps xlolx). xthumbsupx

ASUG8
September 26th, 2008, 08:49 AM
You could run your scout team out there against Presbyterian and still win by 20!

With what happened last week, it's beginning to feel like we'll be fielding just that....xbawlingx

LehighFan11
September 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM
The one thing App does well is they know how to schedule. They play @ LSU an @ JMU but make sure they play basically a D II team the next week. They don't let their team get beat up early by playing multiple road games in a row. Armanti and Co basically need to play 2 games before the SoCon. So incase they get injuried, like they are, they can just rest. Looking at their SoCon schedule it is very favorable as they play the toughest 3 SoCon teams, FU, Wofford, and Elon all at home. I look for even a banged up App team to lose 1 game at most in the SoCon. They know how to get into the playoffs with less damage done to their depth.

JMU2004
September 26th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I love how 6 app fans gang tackled this loser with nothing to do in his life but make fun of other people...

Nice......xthumbsupx

ASU fans sure do throw the term "classy" all over the place. Ya'll really are too much....

ASUTed
September 26th, 2008, 08:59 AM
from the jmu game and this week of practice app has lost:

devon moore - starting RB (season)
tony robertson- starting DE
quavian lewis - starting DE
dominique mcduffie - starting CB(season)
James Hill - reciever

*uck.

I think the dirty play of JMU has been totally left unnoticed. How else could you loose so many guys to ankle and knee injuries. I hope we see those guys again, we may not take this one laying down. JMU plays dirty, they hit our guys after every single play late and nearly threw armanti in the stands on one play. There fans should be ashamed of the way they played.

JMU2004
September 26th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I think the dirty play of JMU has been totally left unnoticed. How else could you loose so many guys to ankle and knee injuries. I hope we see those guys again, we may not take this one laying down. JMU plays dirty, they hit our guys after every single play late and nearly threw armanti in the stands on one play. There fans should be ashamed of the way they played.

xreadx

Thats great

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Nice......xthumbsupx

ASU fans sure do throw the term "classy" all over the place. Ya'll really are too much....

You only read what you want to. Let me say it again.

Hey, ***** happens, people whine. It happens on all sides and it always will. Perhaps this isn't the place to do it (surprised we haven't heard to take it elsewhere) and I don't read the JMU board (now) because I don't really care. Everyone needs to quit yer b!tching and let's act like grownups...on ALL sides (but mostly not Apps xlolx). xthumbsupx

Blinded by the light...

ASUG8
September 26th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Nice......xthumbsupx

Calling us whiney fans is a bit much - let me break it down for you:
You won.
We lost.
We have injured players.
They didn't fake it.

Move along, nothing to see here, classy.

asknoquarter21
September 26th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Lets not get carried away....

Welton has been our best back this season so far, not that saying losing Moore doesn't hurt I just think that if it is gonna be an injury somewhere to a starter RB might have been a lucky break.

Devon Radford could be really good if he could find some intensity. I think some confidence could fire him up a little bit. Maybe a long run or good game this week :)

Injuries on the D-Line last year would have killed us, but this year we have a lot more depth and I think can handle the injury to Robertson. It doesn't look like his injury is gonna keep him out for the season, and I know Jabari Fletcher and Langston Tanyi can hold down his spot while he is out. Tanyi is gonna be a really solid player.

I think our LB corp can really help these guys step up as they shouldn't have too much pressure on them knowing they have great players behind them that can also make plays.

The McDuffie Injury hurts the most but was I the only one surprised to see a true freshman starting against LSU? How many of us really thought we would have such a solid contribution from a true freshman anyway?

This is still the same solid team we were at the beginning of the season and I don't think these injuries hurt us as bad as some people might be thinking.

It is great timing as well because they get this week to show what they can do and step up. A big game this weekend could go really far from a confidence stand point and that is what young guys need.

james_lawfirm
September 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM

Son, if you're trying to pick a fight, I can think of no better way than to keep up smack talking like that. I was shocked at the JMU fan's reaction to App's injuries on the field. And, now you accuse us of whining. Fine.

Hope to see you on the field in December.

th0m
September 26th, 2008, 09:57 AM

Mind backing that up with some facts? Those are some serious accusations. I think the game was a hard fought one, and included some heavy hits but nothing that warrants one side to be 'dirty' compared to the other. Just because a significant amount of your players sustained injuries in your game with us - which is always sad to see, and I hope that the ones without season-ending injuries will get back on their feet soon so they are able to show the rest of the nation how good you can be - doesn't mean we played dirty.

Dukie95
September 26th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Son, if you're trying to pick a fight, I can think of no better way than to keep up smack talking like that. I was shocked at the JMU fan's reaction to App's injuries on the field. And, now you accuse us of whining. Fine.

In no way to I condone the fans' reaction to Quavian Lewis' alleged injury, BUT let's not re-write history here. JMU fans applauded each and every injured player that was helped off the field that day.

I'll concede we didn't behave the best when Lewis went down, and I can try to apologize on behalf of all the JMU fans, but let's please stop using injuries in the plural. Every injury didn't get that treatment, just one "injury".

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 10:04 AM
The CAA refs let it be that way...

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 10:05 AM
In no way to I condone the fans' reaction to Quavian Lewis alleged injury, BUT let's not re-write history here. JMU fans applauded each and every injured player that was helped off the field that day.

I'll concede we didn't behave the best when Lewis went down, and I can try to apologize on behalf of all the JMU fans, but let's please stop using injuries in the plural. Every injury didn't get that treatment, just one "injury".

why does it have to be in quotations???

the man is injured!!!

Dukie95
September 26th, 2008, 10:08 AM
why does it have to be in quotations???

the man is injured!!!

Clearly he is because he's a scratch this week.

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 10:09 AM
so my question to you is why did you put the word injury in quotations???

that obviously implies it wasnt what we said it was... and that is just rude...

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Now you're both just digging for a fight...

Christ, guys, the game is over...give it a rest. xrolleyesx

SkinsWizDukes
September 26th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Have any of you watched the replay of the last injury? Its pretty clear that as soon as Landers goes down the guy falls to the ground. That was the only player that was booed coming off the field.

appmaj
September 26th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Nice......xthumbsupx

Is that whining coming from you?
xbawlingx

Apps03
September 26th, 2008, 10:13 AM
It's football, injuries happen. It was an intense game and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The only questionable thing I saw was the late hit on Armanti and that isn't something that doesn't happen every other game. App St. made some bad judgements in the second half that cost us the game but we have to give credit to JMU for taking advantage. The good news is that we play in a division that gives us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the playoffs. I don't think bringing up dirty play or the weather or fireworks or whatever reflects any better on us than many of the things we are accusing JMU of. That and $5 will get you a gallon of gas.

Dukie95
September 26th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I didn't come here to open up this debate, only to clear up the fact that we didn't treat all injury delays the same. Just that one play that received the classless boos.

JMU2004
September 26th, 2008, 10:18 AM

Man....ASU fans just get better and better. Do you really take yourselves that seriously?

"Son, if your're trying to pick a fight".....give me a break....lol xthumbsupx

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hey congrats all the way to JMU for the win... just some of their fans seem to feel winning the game isnt enough and they have to rub salt in our injury wounds...

Dukie95
September 26th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Hey congrats all the way to JMU for the win... just some of their fans seem to feel winning the game isnt enough and they have to rub salt in our injury wounds...

Check post #8 and you'll see why we got involved with this thread.

xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Have any of you watched the replay of the last injury? Its pretty clear that as soon as Landers goes down the guy falls to the ground. That was the only player that was booed coming off the field.

Blah blah blah, haven't read that one. He's out this week, guess they're trying to sell it. Who cares? Why are people b!tching about this? It's been a week, let's let it go.

Presby is coming up, we need to take care of the Blue Hose (how do you pluralize that?:)) and then a tough SoCon schedule. JMU is over, to the winner goes the spoils. They won, they have their t-shirt. It's cool. Quit griping about us "faking" injuries and ASU quit griping about "rudeness" and "dirty play." It doesn't do anything but reflect poorly on the school and yourselves. At least I think we're all men here.

Stepping down off the soap box. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Man....ASU fans just get better and better. Do you really take yourselves that seriously?

No response to my post eh? Do I need to post it a third time? xlolx

magman919
September 26th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Injuries are a part of the game. Having so many pop up at once is a bit of a concern. The d-line should be solid becasue of the added dept in the off-season. Like a few posters have already stated, Welton is more than capable of carrying the load with help from the speedy Radford. Mcduffie's injury is a surprise as well. Jared Reine was the projected starter heading into fall camp, so I fully exspect him to play well in place of the freshman.

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Check post #8 and you'll see why we got involved with this thread.

xthumbsupx

well post number 8 wasnt me and that is an embarrasing comment coming from an app fan

JMU2004
September 26th, 2008, 10:34 AM
No response to my post eh? Do I need to post it a third time? xlolx

No issue with anything you said. I agree 100% that both schools need to move on.

I would never have said a thing if it weren't for comment #8.

GaSouthern
September 26th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I said earlier I thought Elon would win the SoCon this season, this makes it more possible. Is Riddle back though, it looked like an eagle defender snapped his back in two?

appmaj
September 26th, 2008, 10:37 AM

You know you started it down this path, right?
This was a thread about injuries to a football team; You whined about it and here we go;

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
September 26th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Let's give it a rest. JMU made a helluva comeback in a very physical game. Some of the fan behavior at the end may have been inappropriate, but the same can be said about some of our fans at the end of the playoff game in Boone last year.

App is still a talented team, and if the injury bug doesn't continue we should be competitive come playoff time. That and if our special teams coverage improves.

Rekdiver
September 26th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Game is history. JMu got their revenge and did it in exciting fashion. I think we got bigger worries that that game.

As far a dirty play I didn't see it but if a player was injured by a chop block and its on film plus the ref's missed it then that film needs to go to a conference office, regardless of who the team is ours or anyone else's. Several teams have suspended players for chop blocks, the one that stands out the most was in 2005 a UVA player deliberatley chopped a BC player and it was seen by everyone........

A couple of things need to happen. The crew of the game needs to be reprimanded in appropriate fashion for not enforcing rules that are designed to protect the players and coaches need to take action against the players if it obvious.

I give fans benefit of the doubt in situations where the appearance of faking is there, in our case the perception was there and I doubt that any replay on a home filed would show their player chop blocking the visitors.

Let's face it App fans, people are tired of our three Championships and we are hungry for more. I haven't seen any whining, don't want to see any either. If we win we win if we get beat then so be it.

As far as this season goes, I fully expected us to be 1-2 at this point. What I didn't expect to see is a passing game that isn't working and it appears that the injury bug has caught up to us after three years of dodging it.

--it happens.

I am looking forward to Homecoming and getting a piece of El Cid Dog.

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 10:53 AM
No issue with anything you said. I agree 100% that both schools need to move on.

I would never have said a thing if it weren't for comment #8.

Ok, cool deal. Sometimes people get to defensive. I have family that went to JMU, both schools have good people. Word up.

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Game is history. JMu got their revenge and did it in exciting fashion. I think we got bigger worries that that game.

As far a dirty play I didn't see it but if a player was injured by a chop block and its on film plus the ref's missed it then that film needs to go to a conference office, regardless of who the team is ours or anyone else's. Several teams have suspended players for chop blocks, the one that stands out the most was in 2005 a UVA player deliberatley chopped a BC player and it was seen by everyone........

A couple of things need to happen. The crew of the game needs to be reprimanded in appropriate fashion for not enforcing rules that are designed to protect the players and coaches need to take action against the players if it obvious.

I give fans benefit of the doubt in situations where the appearance of faking is there, in our case the perception was there and I doubt that any replay on a home filed would show their player chop blocking the visitors.

Let's face it App fans, people are tired of our three Championships and we are hungry for more. I haven't seen any whining, don't want to see any either. If we win we win if we get beat then so be it.

As far as this season goes, I fully expected us to be 1-2 at this point. What I didn't expect to see is a passing game that isn't working and it appears that the injury bug has caught up to us after three years of dodging it.

--it happens.

I am looking forward to Homecoming and getting a piece of El Cid Dog.

Heck yeah, it's my five year reunion. xbawlingx xlolx

Dukie95
September 26th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Ok, cool deal. Sometimes people get to defensive. I have family that went to JMU, both schools have good people. Word up.

My mom actually went to App. St. Group hug? :D

McNeese75
September 26th, 2008, 11:06 AM

Ohhhhhhhhh hell no, we can't take this :pumpuke: xlolx xpeacex

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 11:16 AM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....xlolx xbeerchugx

appmaj
September 26th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Let's get our hug on!

http://artofmanliness.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/mccain-hug.jpg

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Homecoming next week is going to be awesome... I hate to say this but I am just looking forward to ASU breezing through this weekend for bigger and better things next weekend...

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Let's get our hug on!

http://artofmanliness.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/mccain-hug.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOO! That kind of "guy love" is unnacceptable. This kind is ok. xlolx

http://www.smokingtree.net/quiz/scrubs%20quiz/scrubs%20template_files/pimp.jpg

SoCon48
September 26th, 2008, 12:16 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOO! That kind of "guy love" is unnacceptable. This kind is ok. xlolx

http://www.smokingtree.net/quiz/scrubs%20quiz/scrubs%20template_files/pimp.jpg

One half naked guy and another in a mink coat is just not OK.

jmu_duke07
September 26th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I think its kinda weird that someone got hurt during a "kneeling play". I understand exploiting rules, but that doesn't mean your a great football player when you can fake an injury, it means you are a great liar. And don't tell me he is really injured, you're only kidding yourselves.

mountaineertider
September 26th, 2008, 12:45 PM
/thread.

This is getting old. Why can't we count our gains/losses and move on. Nothing will change that. Both teams have games this weekend to focus on, not the one last weekend.

Appguy
September 26th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I think its kinda weird that someone got hurt during a "kneeling play". I understand exploiting rules, but that doesn't mean your a great football player when you can fake an injury, it means you are a great liar. And don't tell me he is really injured, you're only kidding yourselves.

uhh actually he is hurt, so much so that hes not playing this weekend, possibly longer. While the offense may be kneeling the defense won't just give up since there's always a chance of a fumbled handoff.

besides, it doesn't actually exploit any rules, they stopped the clock then started it up again once he was off the field allowing you to run out the clock all the same. Hence the reason you guys were extremely bush league for booing a hurt player.

mcveyrl
September 26th, 2008, 12:55 PM
uhh actually he is hurt, so much so that hes not playing this weekend, possibly longer. While the offense may be kneeling the defense won't just give up since there's always a chance of a fumbled handoff.

besides, it doesn't actually exploit any rules, they stopped the clock then started it up again once he was off the field allowing you to run out the clock all the same. Hence the reason you guys were extremely bush league for booing a hurt player.

I'm not gonna pass judgment on anybody. He is obviously hurt. Coach Moore wouldn't hold a player out to prove a point or further facilitate something like that.
But, your last paragraph is not true. An injury stops the clock and reverts it to a 25 second clock instead of a 40 second clock, so it's a 15 second difference. Since there were only 12 seconds left on fourth, it made a difference. It did look suspicious at the time.

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM

why cant you read the first six pages... we all know the guy is injured and he aint playing this weekend... we also have moved on and were actually having a good time talking about hugging and making up and then you have to come through here and make a fool of yourself... xnonono2x

GreatAppSt
September 26th, 2008, 01:13 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47949

KMAxwhistlex

Longhorn
September 26th, 2008, 01:17 PM

That would be great. I have serious doubts ASU will make it, but hey, I'll do what I can to see you at least get a ticket to the NC game. xsmiley_wix

fjblair
September 26th, 2008, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the insight, Troll.

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 01:34 PM
One half naked guy and another in a mink coat is just not OK.

You obviously don't watch the show. They're best friends and they make fun of it by calling it "guy love." That was just a random picture from the show I found.

Broaden your horizons, it's ok to laugh. xsmhx Chill out man. xlolx

appmaj
September 26th, 2008, 01:34 PM
why cant you read the first six pages... we all know the guy is injured and he aint playing this weekend... we also have moved on and were actually having a good time talking about hugging and making up and then you have to come through here and make a fool of yourself... xnonono2x

I agree....Stop the hate...and enjoy this horrible photo

http://bp2.blogger.com/_LCVZWFAEodk/RnrKuIBacTI/AAAAAAAAFMc/cZ5JKiRIDX8/s400/group-hug.jpg

appmaj
September 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
You obviously don't watch the show. They're best friends and they make fun of it by calling it "guy love." That was just a random picture from the show I found.

I got it, love scrubs. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I got it, love scrubs. xthumbsupx

It's one of my favorite shows. I am the white version of Turk and I have a buddy who is just like JD. I guess I can relate...xlolx

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I agree....Stop the hate...and enjoy this horrible photo

http://bp2.blogger.com/_LCVZWFAEodk/RnrKuIBacTI/AAAAAAAAFMc/cZ5JKiRIDX8/s400/group-hug.jpg

I agree with SoCon48 on this one, this kind of guy love is NOT OK. Can I cut out my eyes?!?!?!?!?!? xlolx

ASUTed
September 26th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Mind backing that up with some facts? Those are some serious accusations. I think the game was a hard fought one, and included some heavy hits but nothing that warrants one side to be 'dirty' compared to the other. Just because a significant amount of your players sustained injuries in your game with us - which is always sad to see, and I hope that the ones without season-ending injuries will get back on their feet soon so they are able to show the rest of the nation how good you can be - doesn't mean we played dirty.

How about the fact that I saw it with my own two eyes. The one play I am talking about drew a flag for a late hit on Armanti. Also, your fans were booing when our players got hurt, that says to me that you guys new you were playing dirty and the fan base is piling on.

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 02:51 PM
What a great show... Scrubs is very funny

AppStsGr8
September 26th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Lets not get carried away....

Welton has been our best back this season so far, not that saying losing Moore doesn't hurt I just think that if it is gonna be an injury somewhere to a starter RB might have been a lucky break.

Devon Radford could be really good if he could find some intensity. I think some confidence could fire him up a little bit. Maybe a long run or good game this week :)

Injuries on the D-Line last year would have killed us, but this year we have a lot more depth and I think can handle the injury to Robertson. It doesn't look like his injury is gonna keep him out for the season, and I know Jabari Fletcher and Langston Tanyi can hold down his spot while he is out. Tanyi is gonna be a really solid player.

I think our LB corp can really help these guys step up as they shouldn't have too much pressure on them knowing they have great players behind them that can also make plays.

The McDuffie Injury hurts the most but was I the only one surprised to see a true freshman starting against LSU? How many of us really thought we would have such a solid contribution from a true freshman anyway?

This is still the same solid team we were at the beginning of the season and I don't think these injuries hurt us as bad as some people might be thinking.

It is great timing as well because they get this week to show what they can do and step up. A big game this weekend could go really far from a confidence stand point and that is what young guys need.

Very well put. Hey, it's even about football and not guy hugs or whining. Your point about McDuffie is well taken, though I'd love to have had him all year this year. Time for the backups to step up and get it done.

JMU-MRD-DAD
September 26th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'm really surprised to hear all these comments on dirty play. Injuries happen........

After the game, everyone posted positive comments about the game and how this could be a great rivarly and good for FCS.

Very disappointing thread.......

hapapp
September 26th, 2008, 06:37 PM

Two of those guys were hurt in practice. Were they victims of dirty play? Please can we get over this "dirty play" stuff? We lost, let's move on and stop trying to make the focus on something else.

DirtyDukes
September 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
How about the fact that I saw it with my own two eyes. The one play I am talking about drew a flag for a late hit on Armanti. Also, your fans were booing when our players got hurt, that says to me that you guys new you were playing dirty and the fan base is piling on.

The reason the fans booed was because it was obvious he took a fall after the play ended. Whether or not he's hurt is a different matter, he could have been hurt in practice this week.

Also, the "late hit" was questionable as Armanti was tip-toe-ing on the sideline. I would make the same call seeing it live but both announcers on the broadcast called it questionable after seeing the replay.

For 3 year repeat champs, you guys know how to win with grace. Perhaps y'all should learn how to lose with it as well.

james_lawfirm
September 26th, 2008, 08:03 PM
In no way to I condone the fans' reaction to Quavian Lewis' alleged injury, BUT let's not re-write history here. JMU fans applauded each and every injured player that was helped off the field that day.

You are exactly right. Don't know why I made it plural. There was only was injury with the special treatment. I apologize for my error.

james_lawfirm
September 26th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I'm not gonna pass judgment on anybody. He is obviously hurt. Coach Moore wouldn't hold a player out to prove a point or further facilitate something like that.
But, your last paragraph is not true. An injury stops the clock and reverts it to a 25 second clock instead of a 40 second clock, so it's a 15 second difference. Since there were only 12 seconds left on fourth, it made a difference. It did look suspicious at the time.

McVeyrl:
I realize we are looking at the same thing from two different perspectives. I will accept your description of said injury looking "suspicious", if you will accept my offense at your conclusion. I was truly surprised at the JMU reaction to this situation at the game.

It would appear that numerous JMU fans hold your view, while numerous App fans see it the way I do. FWIW, I am as confident as I can be that there was no intent on the part of the App team or coaches to bend the rules and stop the clock with a fake injury. There are teams & coaches with which I am familiar that I would not say that about.

mcveyrl
September 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM
McVeyrl:
I realize we are looking at the same thing from two different perspectives. I will accept your description of said injury looking "suspicious", if you will accept my offense at your conclusion. I was truly surprised at the JMU reaction to this situation at the game.

It would appear that numerous JMU fans hold your view, while numerous App fans see it the way I do. FWIW, I am as confident as I can be that there was no intent on the part of the App team or coaches to bend the rules and stop the clock with a fake injury. There are teams & coaches with which I am familiar that I would not say that about.

I was saying it looked suspicious at the time, which I don't think you can deny. I never thought it was a directive from Coach Moore (or any ASU coaches), though. It's obvious now that he was really hurt.

SoCon48
September 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM
The reason the fans booed was because it was obvious he took a fall after the play ended. Whether or not he's hurt is a different matter, he could have been hurt in practice this week.

Also, the "late hit" was questionable as Armanti was tip-toe-ing on the sideline. I would make the same call seeing it live but both announcers on the broadcast called it questionable after seeing the replay.

For 3 year repeat champs, you guys know how to win with grace. Perhaps y'all should learn how to lose with it as well.

Only thing obvious is an obvious assumption by the fans. Very poor sportsmanship. In JM's 2 decades, we've never pulled that **** of faking an injury!

Tip toeing? Tip toeing all the way near to the concrete?

SoCon48
September 26th, 2008, 09:47 PM

Broaden your horizons, it's ok to laugh. Chill out man.

I live in NC not San Fran.

SoCon48
September 27th, 2008, 12:35 PM
yup

Nope. from the W-S Journal:

Dominique McDuffie, a freshman cornerback, tore an ACL in last Saturday's game against James Madison. He had an MRI on Wednesday and it was determined that he will be out for the season. Sophomore Jared Reine is expected to start.

They had waited until some swelling went down before trying to make an accurate assessment.

SoCon48
September 27th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I'm really surprised to hear all these comments on dirty play. Injuries happen........

After the game, everyone posted positive comments about the game and how this could be a great rivarly and good for FCS.

Very disappointing thread.......

We were really surprised to see it happen! You never see Jerry Moore lose his cool, but the hit carrying Armanti nearly to the concrete almost brought him out on the field.

Really cheap shot.

Dukie95
September 27th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I watched the game again this morning on onDemand, and it was clearly a late hit. Our guy was pursuing him and he was heading out of bounds, the hit was unnecessary.

That said, the penalty was called, you guys got 15 yards and a first down out of it. App. St. had a facemask call in the game and was also penalized 15 yards. Neither play was overly dirty, just part of the game.

AppGirl
September 27th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Classy - I haven't heard anything on here with the exception of one ASU fan questioning a fumble. We got beat - we dealt with it, maybe you should.

I'm the one that questioned the fumble, and that's all it was, a question. From my view it didn't look like it. I asked about the replay by those who saw it on TV, got my answer, and dropped it.

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Maybe it's karma. It seems like ASU has never lost a key player to injury for any significant time over their run.

All are correct, though. Injuries happen, everyone's got em.

JMU1992
September 28th, 2008, 01:08 AM
someone please delete this thread.

KiddBrewer
September 28th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Maybe it's karma. It seems like ASU has never lost a key player to injury for any significant time over their run.

All are correct, though. Injuries happen, everyone's got em.

2005- Richie Williams, vs. your Paladins in the playoffs.
2006- Corey Lynch, 2 games, late in the season.
2007- Armanti Edwards, 4.5 games.

maybe some have not been FOR significant time, but when they happened they were AT significant times for the most part.

it may seem that way, BUT, things arent always how they seemxthumbsupx xrulesx :)

Henny
September 28th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Congratulations to App. Fans that have discovered the entire rotten stench out of Harrisonburg. From their coach to their fans and most posters, you have reached the end of civilization. All from a school who has yet to win a playoff game since '04 , yet don't say that to a JMU person. You will get abused like never before.