PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/Princeton Preview Up

Lehigh Football Nation
September 25th, 2008, 10:44 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/09/preview-of-lehigh-vs-princeton.html

Yes, Virginia, I'm pumped for the game.

ngineer
September 25th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Time for Lehigh to step up and make a statement as to where they're going to be this year. With the weather so bad for Drake, it was tough to get much out of that game. So the level of improvement from Villanova to this game will be significant. Historically, (last 20 years) our games with the Tigers have been pretty exciting and close and I expect nothing differenent. I think our stellar kicking game will pull this one out for the boys in the golden helmets. Princeton acquitted themselves well against at Top 20 team in a hostile environment last week, so they will certainly be tough at their place.

LehighFan11
September 25th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Bokosky is gone?

ngineer
September 26th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Bokosky is gone?

That's the 'word'. Not totally surprising IMO. From what I heard in August, Lum is as good or better than Clark, physically, and if he has picked up the offense by now and has supplanted Bokosky as the #2, then I can understand the disappointment and mindset to go and focus on the career, especially if he wasn't getting any or much money. Everyone liked Bokosky as a gritty kid, but he clearly did not have the all the tools needed at this level...the necessary 'arm' to make the deep out or deep pass. Cisneros was also seen as better, physically, than Bokosky as well.

LehighFan11
September 26th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Yea I wasn't a fan or Bokosky and didn't want to see him start but still surprising to see him leave 2 games into this season.

citdog
September 26th, 2008, 08:49 AM
i am for lehigh......i hope they kick the **** out of princeton.....you know like Second Manassas style

carney2
September 26th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Lehigh, like its neighbor in the next town, is involved in a critical "show me" game this week. To have a shot at doing anything this year - even "just" a winning season - they desperately need a win this week. A "strong performance," "moving in the right direction" with an "L" next to the game on the schedule will not suffice.

LehighFan11
September 26th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Yea Lehigh really needs to win this week and next week vs. Cornell. I see them losing atleast 2 of 3 vs. HC, Fordham and Harvard so they could be staring 2-4 1-5 in the face if they dont get the job done in the next 2 games.

ngineer
September 26th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Yea I wasn't a fan or Bokosky and didn't want to see him start but still surprising to see him leave 2 games into this season.

According to the 'game notes' for Princeton, Cisneros is listed as the #2 QB right now. Trace probably has more mobility than Clark, with Clark having the better arm. I see strong competition amongst these two and Lum down the road. In this day, you really need more than one 'good' QB.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2008, 01:12 PM
All I know is if Clark or McGowan go down to injury on Saturday, I start getting that same sick feeling I get during the Lehigh/Lafayette games the last four years.

ngineer
September 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM
All I know is if Clark or McGowan go down to injury on Saturday, I start getting that same sick feeling I get during the Lehigh/Lafayette games the last four years.

You never know what kind of player steps into the void when that happens. It's what makes sports so interesting. How people react to adversity. Stambaugh stepped into the breach in the late '90's.

CID1990
September 26th, 2008, 06:41 PM
If Princeton can work on their conditioning and put two halves together they will be dangerous.

ngineer
September 26th, 2008, 10:17 PM
If Princeton can work on their conditioning and put two halves together they will be dangerous.

Oh, no question about that. They were dangerous last year. We beat them primarily on being able to convert on a several turnovers. Our guys have had a week off to recover from Villanova, with some 'camp like' conditioning according to Coen. Lehigh is 8-2 in the last 10 meetings, and all but one was a closely fought game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 26th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Lehigh really needs to show up with an attitude and meaness tomorrow. Last year they were able to beat up on the Tigers along the lines which was the key to game. Lehigh should have a good following at Princeton Stadium to provide some good support which never hurts. I think as long as they take of the ball and limit mistakes Lehigh will sneak by. A loss and this season and the train wreck will really start picking of speed.

ngineer
September 27th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Lehigh really needs to show up with an attitude and meaness tomorrow. Last year they were able to beat up on the Tigers along the lines which was the key to game. Lehigh should have a good following at Princeton Stadium to provide some good support which never hurts. I think as long as they take of the ball and limit mistakes Lehigh will sneak by. A loss and this season and the train wreck will really start picking of speed.

I think Lehigh can and will win tonight in another close game. My pick is 27-24. But let us assume via a turnover, etc, Princeton wins 27-24. I think your comment on a 'train wreck season' is overstated. It really matters how they play at this point in the season. The reality is winning the Patriot League and getting into the playoffs two months from now. I want to win this game as bad as any Lehigh fan, but let's not get carried away on the Armeggedon type statements that a loss could entail. If Lehigh gets 'blown out' then I would agree such a concern would be warranted, but I don't see anything near that occuring with the fight they displayed at Villanova. If they bring the same level of effort, but eliminate just half of the mistakes, as there were many, they win tonight.

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I'm catching this game on the tv, i thought i saw it while scrolling through the guide earlier.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I'm catching this game on the tv, i thought i saw it while scrolling through the guide earlier.

Sure is: it's either a 6pm or 6:30pm start on FCS Atlantic I believe.

ngineer
September 27th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Sure is: it's either a 6pm or 6:30pm start on FCS Atlantic I believe.

Kick off is 6 p.m. WFMZ out of Allentown also on Fox Sports. I'm leaving right now for Princeton. Phillies game tomorrow, so I won't be checking in until Sunday night. ...Later!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Kick off is 6 p.m. WFMZ out of Allentown also on Fox Sports. I'm leaving right now for Princeton. Phillies game tomorrow, so I won't be checking in until Sunday night. ...Later!

Have fun!! Princeton is one of my favorite venues and if it was a little closer i would consider going. Thankfully it's on TV.