PDA

View Full Version : NC sportswriter Hates App and FCS

Appguy
September 25th, 2008, 08:33 AM
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/duke-app-state

Hes written articles before trashing schools for scheduling FCS at all and still hates App for sure..so much that hes pulling out a victory chains... to rub it in App fans faces.

andy7171
September 25th, 2008, 08:57 AM
That guy is a tool. By definition I-AA is inferior to I-A. 85 is greater than 63.

Eight Legger
September 25th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Damn, way to annoy a big chunk of your readership. It's one thing to have opinions, it's another to throw it in someone's face like he seems to.

gophoenix
September 25th, 2008, 09:09 AM
What does he care? There are way more App fans in the Triad and Charlotte than the Triangle. And both those regions embrace I-AA football.

And how can you take a guy named Giglio seriously anyway? He looks like he is having a complete midlife crisis. And he's just pissed anyway because Triangle ACC football sucks. Heck, Triangle football sucks period.

appmaj
September 25th, 2008, 10:23 AM
He is an UNC alum...convinced that their program is great when we all know it isn't.

smallcollegefbfan
September 25th, 2008, 11:14 AM
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/duke-app-state

Hes written articles before trashing schools for scheduling FCS at all and still hates App for sure..so much that hes pulling out a victory chains... to rub it in App fans faces.

Never heard of the guy before. Just one opinion and as we all know, opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one. I take this with a grain of salt.

Appguy
September 25th, 2008, 12:30 PM
He writes for the News and Observer (Raleigh/Durham, NC area paper) and is an AP poll voter(surprise surprise)

griz8791
September 25th, 2008, 12:48 PM
By any chance did any of you guys put comments on his blog this summer suggesting App was better than UNC, State, and/or Wake? Not that that would justify his attitude, but he writes like he thinks he's getting even for something.

putter
September 25th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I posted on that and asked why they even keep him on the payroll? He is supposed to be a journalist and "somewhat" professional. Attacks on a fan base are just stupid....

magman919
September 25th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Wow this guy is the ultimate hater. Anybody can be beat on any given Saturday. Regardless of division, period.

FCS Go!
September 25th, 2008, 01:04 PM
By any chance did any of you guys put comments on his blog this summer suggesting App was better than UNC, State, and/or Wake? Not that that would justify his attitude, but he writes like he thinks he's getting even for something.

I'm gonna take a wild leap and guess yes.

neersnbeers
September 25th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I put a nice one on there. It was only on there for about 6 hrs then got removed. He's a tarhole toolbag.

appfan2008
September 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM
What a loser I just emailed him asking why all the hate???

appfan2008
September 25th, 2008, 01:52 PM
well I just got an email back from the guy and this is his response...

"it's a blog, it's there for discussion

that's all"

what a loser...

phoenixphanatic21
September 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Well he definitely got some discussion going.
As a future journalism I am embarrassed to see a professional do something like this. There clearly had to be a better way to get his point across than to just call out a fan base he did. He's not only hurting himself, but the sports section at the News & Observer, and that is a real shame. I hope his editor has a nice lil talk with him about this later.

AshevilleApp2
September 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Who gives a ***** was this clown thinks?

gofurman
September 25th, 2008, 02:14 PM
He is an UNC alum...convinced that their program is great when we all know it isn't.

Remind him that UNC (with 2 NFLs on the DL - Julius Peppers and Ryan Sims) lost to Furman 28-3 at UNC. If UNC is so great then 1AA must be awesome. FU lost to UNC two years ago 42-45 (?) and UNC was lucky to escape FCS this year (McNeese I believe)

gofurman
September 25th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Ask him about Furman beating his beloved UNC Tarheels in 2000 28-3. That's right 28 to 3. UNC had Julius Peppers and Ryan Sims on the DL (both future Pros). Then in 06 FU lost to the might Tarheels 45-42 (?). Oh yeah, they are loads better than FCS. They were lucky to escape McNeese this year.

SoCon48
September 25th, 2008, 02:37 PM
What does he care? There are way more App fans in the Triad and Charlotte than the Triangle. And both those regions embrace I-AA football.

And how can you take a guy named Giglio seriously anyway? He looks like he is having a complete midlife crisis. And he's just pissed anyway because Triangle ACC football sucks. Heck, Triangle football sucks period.

There are way more App fans in the Triad and Charlotte than the Triangle

That is true, but App has a large following in Wake County. I believe Wake is second to Meck in App alumni.
But he has to keep his Wuff and Heel fans happy.

SoCon48
September 25th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Never heard of the guy before. Just one opinion and as we all know, opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one. I take this with a grain of salt.

Just one opinion and as we all know, opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one

And every newspaper has one. In this case, he is it.xeyebrowx xcoffeex xrulesx xthumbsupx

appmaj
September 26th, 2008, 11:48 AM

No not at all. Why would we do that? xliarx xliarx xliarx

Honestly IMO (which I am sure I am a total homer) These down years for UNC, NCSU, & Duke (which most years are), have borught about some jealousy in our success on our level. The same thing is happening to ECU right now. The North Carolina writers are bashing them for their weak conference and "fluke" wins in the past year. Up until the State game they looked great and people wanted to tear them down. This guy in no exception.

JohnStOnge
September 26th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Remind him that UNC (with 2 NFLs on the DL - Julius Peppers and Ryan Sims) lost to Furman 28-3 at UNC. If UNC is so great then 1AA must be awesome. FU lost to UNC two years ago 42-45 (?) and UNC was lucky to escape FCS this year (McNeese I believe)

Well, I wouldn't say they were "lucky" to beat McNeese. They have a very good football player in Brandon Tate who made big plays that put them over the top. But it was a very competetive game that could've gone either way. Certainly not a mismatch; at least not on that day.

JayJ79
September 26th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Attacks on a fan base are just stupid....

then AGS is chock full of stupidity :p