PDA

View Full Version : JMU at Maine - Will the Dukes have an App State game hangover?

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2008, 04:14 PM
How do you think JMU will play at Maine now? JMU does not have that great of a record up in Orono and may be a bit drained after beating UMass and App State. This will also be the Dukes' longest road trip of the season. How do you think this game will play out?

Eight Legger
September 24th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Maine 34, JMU 3.

bostonspider
September 24th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I still think JMU should win this game relatively easily. By 10 points at least.

Eight Legger
September 24th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Ok, ok...honestly I would be shocked if JMU lost this game. I think it will be something like 31-17 JMU.

ASUG8
September 24th, 2008, 04:17 PM
JMU is due to a well earned letdown after the last two weeks. That being said, they win by 2 TD's.

ASUG8
September 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
JMU is due to a well earned letdown after the last two weeks. That being said, JMU wins by 2 TD's.

ASUG8
September 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
JMU is due for a well earned letdown after the last two weeks. That being said, JMU wins by 2 TD's.

soccerguy315
September 24th, 2008, 04:51 PM
JMU won't go through the conference undefeated... but I don't think this is the week they fall.

DTSpider
September 24th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Maine's defense won't be able to contain Landers, and Maine's offense was not impressive last week. I think JMU may come out a bit slow, but would expect them to pull away in the second half and win by 10+

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
While i think JMU will win this game, at some point they have to exhale and i think Maine will be in this game for some time. By the end however, i think JMU will pull away for the win. Though i have a feeling that late game heroics could be the order of the day for the Dukes.

ccd494
September 24th, 2008, 07:44 PM
JMU may have a one week App State hangover.

Maine definitely has a decade long Jack Cosgrove hangover.

Dukes in a rout.

JmuSkinsfan
September 24th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Part of me is afraid that this is a trap game ... the other part of me wants to listen to Maine fans and also I want to think we will ride this mo' for the rest of the year.... that being said....

JMU: 14 14 10 7 = 45

Maine: 7 3 0 7 = 17

appsfan
September 24th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Possible trap game for JMU but I think they will come out with the W.

DRDukes
September 24th, 2008, 09:16 PM
When the schedule was first released, this was the game that scared me the most. 3 straight weeks at home, games against #1 and #3, and then a LONG trip to Maine. While I think we are the better team, I am worried.

DEBO
September 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM
This is definitely a scary game. Think the Dukes can make it out with a win, but I see a game like the one they played at Rhode Island last year. They played well, but couldn't quite put the Rams away until the end.

Hoboken Dukes
September 24th, 2008, 10:28 PM
nope

art vandelay
September 24th, 2008, 11:27 PM
as much as i would love to see maine beat JMU it's to early in the season for hang overs. no one really knows who is good and who is not. if this was week 9 or 10 then i would look into it a lot more but i think rite now everyone has to respect everyone and JMU knows this or at least the should.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 25th, 2008, 08:47 AM
It won't be snowing (:p :p ), but the weather doesn't look too good for Orono (or most other places in New England) on Saturday. Bring your rain gear!

ChickenMan
September 25th, 2008, 08:59 AM
JMU is coming off not just the ASU win.. but also the big UMass win and I expect that they will have some form of a letdown at Maine. The question is... is Maine good enough to take advantage??? That I don't know.. but Maine usually plays the run pretty tough and there will likely be bad weather in Orono.. so it may be a pretty close game. An upset may be possible.

biobengal
September 25th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Weather update for Orono at game time: temperature upper 50's to lower 60's with intermittent rain.

This has to help UMaine.

mcveyrl
September 25th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Weather update for Orono at game time: temperature upper 50's to lower 60's with intermittent rain.

This has to help UMaine.

I think the temperature is a plus to JMU and the intermittent rain is a toss-up. We probably weren't passing the ball all that much, anyway.

I still think this will be a close one, though.

appstate38
September 25th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I say the Dukes take the first quarter to get rid of it. Afterwards they win going away. But the opposite could be true as well. Lets say they come out focused and ready and blow it open early then we may see a team that is on a mission no matter who they play.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 25th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Forecast is getting progressively worse for Orono. This graphic, however, may change over the next day or two and make me look like a jackass. HA!

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/map_wkpln_day3_3usne_enus_440x297.jpg

mainejeff
September 25th, 2008, 05:29 PM
JMU may have a one week App State hangover.

Maine definitely has a decade long Jack Cosgrove hangover.

Dukes in a rout.

What he said.

xcoffeex

mainejeff
September 25th, 2008, 05:30 PM
When the schedule was first released, this was the game that scared me the most. 3 straight weeks at home, games against #1 and #3, and then a LONG trip to Maine. While I think we are the better team, I am worried.

Does your team bus up or fly? xconfusedx

JmuSkinsfan
September 25th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Does your team bus up or fly? xconfusedx

Charter flight I believe, if this morning's student newspaper was correct.

mainejeff
September 25th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Charter flight I believe, if this morning's student newspaper was correct.

It's a 2 hour flight to Bangor and a 15 minute bus ride from Bangor to Orono......is that your longest trip of the season?xconfusedx

If it is.....lucky JMU. xnodx

JmuSkinsfan
September 25th, 2008, 06:27 PM
It's a 2 hour flight to Bangor and a 15 minute bus ride from Bangor to Orono......is that your longest trip of the season?xconfusedx

If it is.....lucky JMU. xnodx

Haha, actually, it might be close. Richmond would probably be the quickest trip in just about 2 hours. But you are a damn close second!

Monarch History
September 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I'm hoping for a Dukes blowout, but my gut tells me JMU in a close game 17-14. Go Dukes!xnodx

T-Dog
September 25th, 2008, 11:40 PM
After watching USC show the effects of their Ohio State hangover, I'd give a word of caution to the Dukes, especially if there will be rain. Might turn into a grinder up there.

JMU DUUUKES
September 26th, 2008, 12:10 AM

Haha oh please there is NO way when you saw our complete schedule you saw UMass and Appy and were like "no problem" but MAINE AHHHHH !!!

Look, there's no free passes in CAA football, but for all JMU fans to pretend like they have been terrified of Maine for weeks and how scared they are of Maine .... thats just setting them up for an excuse if we somehow lost. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but lets at least be honest about it.

T-Dog
September 26th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Haha oh please there is NO way when you saw our complete schedule you saw UMass and Appy and were like "no problem" but MAINE AHHHHH !!!

Look, there's no free passes in CAA football, but for all JMU fans to pretend like they have been terrified of Maine for weeks and how scared they are of Maine .... thats just setting them up for an excuse if we somehow lost. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but lets at least be honest about it.

Hey, our last playoff loss and last home loss (besides GaSo from last year) was Maine in 2002. A 14-13 loss in the 1st round. xnonono2x

Longhorn
September 26th, 2008, 02:01 PM
JMU is coming off not just the ASU win.. but also the big UMass win and I expect that they will have some form of a letdown at Maine. The question is... is Maine good enough to take advantage??? That I don't know.. but Maine usually plays the run pretty tough and there will likely be bad weather in Orono.. so it may be a pretty close game. An upset may be possible.

Agreed...JMU fans would be happy with a 1 point victory. The Black Bears always play JMU tough, and this year the stars are aligned for a letdown. If JMU comes out focused this could be over by halftime, but weather and inspired play by UM makes this a real contest.

JMad03
September 26th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I think there will be a bit of a lapse, but I think it will be about a quarter. If it's a grind, it falls into the Dukes favor. The weather concerns me more than anything. To lose this game would make anything previous for nothing, and MM has got to make that clear to his team. Also, unlike last few weeks i think it's easier to stay on task for the week than to look ahead to the next team.
In Maine, the Bears are tough, but if the Dukes can't put them away early, they don't deserve to be #2. That simple.

JMU 27
Maine 13

bainsey
September 26th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Hey, our last playoff loss and last home loss (besides GaSo from last year) was Maine in 2002.

Thanks for the respect, T, but come now, that was SIX YEARS ago.

It's hard to be optimistic, considering the thumping our boys took in Richmond, and I'm not sure how much of a factor this weather will be.

A few breaks either way, who knows? I think both fan bases are being cautious about this.

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2008, 09:08 AM
What's the weather like up there? I have a feeling this one will be close up till the fouth qtr when JMU pulls away.