PDA

View Full Version : Annual SHSU Orange-White game report

blackfordpu
April 26th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Last Sunday (4/24/05) the Sam Houston football team played the annual Orange vs. White game to end spring training. This year the Orange team defeated the White team 19-13. The game showed improvements for both offense and defense and even threw some trick plays in the mix.

full story (http://www.gobearkats.com/football/spring_game.htm)

TexasTerror
April 26th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Improvement on offense and defense? Not sure what game you were watching. Allen started off hot, but I think at one point, he had atleast a handful of incomplete passes in a row. We need some WRs and we're going to have problems if we don't have a guy that steps up.

Really can't judge the OLs and DLs. RB, we knew was not going to be a problem. DBs and LBs are solid. I can't say we've seen any improvements. We already knew what talent we had. They need to step it up.

blackfordpu
April 26th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Improvement on offense and defense? Not sure what game you were watching. Allen started off hot, but I think at one point, he had atleast a handful of incomplete passes in a row. We need some WRs and we're going to have problems if we don't have a guy that steps up.

Really can't judge the OLs and DLs. RB, we knew was not going to be a problem. DBs and LBs are solid. I can't say we've seen any improvements. We already knew what talent we had. They need to step it up.

I didn't get to see the game unfortunalty, I was just summerising what I had read in a couple of stories. Were they that bad and the papers just being optimistic?

TexasTerror
April 26th, 2005, 11:43 AM
I didn't get to see the game unfortunalty, I was just summerising what I had read in a couple of stories. Were they that bad and the papers just being optimistic?

It's a spring game. You can not judge too much from the spring game especially with the lines and how active they can truly be. It's tough for OL to really do their job in a spring game when it's not the big uglies from another school looking at them.